2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

Some teachers are socratic, most are not. The class sizes are around 50 for first year courses and smaller for 2nd and 3rd year courses. The teachers are always available by email or in their offices. The student groups are numerous and almost every day at lunch there is an opportunity to attend some type of presentation or debate with food provided. The clinic opportunities are amazing. You can clerk with a judge or work with a private firm in the environmental area. The opportunities to participate in moot court, research, trial ad and other hands on experiences are plentiful. We received several emails from employers looking for law clerks and the job recruting is excellent. The study abroad programs are great, not many people participate. I have a friend working in Australia this summer, some are going to Europe. This school is incredible and the instructors are well known, well connected and well published. You would be lucky to attend school here.

There are rentals everywhere close to school. I found a 2 bed 2 bath old house for 890 a month. I chose not to get a roommate but easily could have one. They have great housing on campus for students in the law house, no one really takes advantage of the student housing like they should. I have a cat so I couldn't do it. The internet coverage is excellent, always working. The library is great but closes earlier then I'd like. The school lets you in 24 hours a day however with a security card access and there is great study tables and lockers inside. Students are very friendly and sociable. Many of the students are married so this isn't a huge "find your date" place but on the rest of campus there are many single students, nightlife, clubs, concerts, bar review (which is not studying for the bar) every thursday night. The campus gym is free to students and its excellent. They are building a new one in another year. Food - lots of choices. No cafeteria at the law school, just a mini coffee bar with snacks. They have a microwave and tables w sink down stairs. They are building a new law school which will have a full cafeteria.

I am a transfer student. I didn't get accepted to the school initially. The scholarship opportunities are great.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

Class sizes are small and the professors are very approachable. The school sponsors numerous seminars and guest speakers. The Utah Supreme Court and 10th Circuit have both argued at our school. The clinical program is tremendous.

Cost of living is reasonable. The school is old, but meets my needs well. The community is safe.

The admissions process requires an LSAT, application and essay, along with letters of reccommend. There are financial aid and scholarship opportunities for those who need it.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

The university likes to fulfill diversity requirements by accepting lots of students from out of the state.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

Class size is always sufficient; students are always able to have their questions answered and professors are always available after class. The Socratic method is generally used, but always proves to be beneficial in teaching students to "think like lawyers." Competitiveness exists but it certainly isn't damaging to students, such as people hiding library books, etc. The faculty is mostly composed of those who are currently practicing, which helps provide the practicality and experience that helps students learn.

The school facilities are not the best, because they are aging, but there are plans to build a new law school very soon, which I'm sure will be outstanding. The current facilities are certainly sufficient and the location is wonderful. SLC is a low crime community and everyone at the school is very helpful.

I actually transferred to the University of Utah, so the application process was a little different, I'm sure. However, it seems that the University seeks a diverse student body and it's very important to make yourself stand out in your personal statement. While I did not have the best of grades from my transferring institution, I think the personal statement and my work experience made me stand out as an individual. The application process truly seems to evaluate the student as a whole, and is not solely based on numbers.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

I was very happy with the academics at my school. The class sizes were reasonable (about fifty in the first year classes, twenty in the classes for 2 and 3Ls); there was a nice mix of the Socratic methods and more traditional teaching methods; and while the classes were challenging, I didn't feel like the students got competitive and cut-throat: there is a very supportive student community.

It's hard to remember, but I feel like the admissions process was very standard when comparing it to the other places I applied, requiring a letter of intent, LSAT, etc. One thing that I remember really appreciating is that the Associate Dean called me personally to tell me about my scholarship, rather than just letting me get the letter in the mail. Of the schools I applied at got scholarships (six or seven), the University of Utah was the only school to do that.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

Most teachers use the socratic method. Class sizes are around 50 students but the first semester you have a small section course.

Cost of living is decent. School facilities are fairly nice. The library is nice. The moot court room could use some updating, but ground will be broken for a new law school in 2013. Crime has been bad this year, constantly hearing of lockers/carrols being broken into and stuff going missing from tables.

Apply through LSDAS/LSAC, only one referal needed.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

small class sizes, approachable professors, and a very collaborative student body (i.e., not "cut-throat" at all)

low cost of living, and relatively low tuition costs, however, the law school building itself is ridiculously old and embarrassingly dirty and in need of the replacement building coming in 2013

LSAT, essays, UGPA, application

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

U of U uses the Socratic method, but it is rare that you are put on the spot without knowing before hand. The U of U has a great clinical program and offers a lot of choices to get hands on experience.

Older crowd at U of U. Very welcoming and accepting group. No backstabbing and most students willing to help another.

The application process was straight forward. However, it seemed that the personal statement carried a lot more weight than the other schools I applied to.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

Some professors are more geared toward the Socratic method while others encourage class discussion. The faculty are knowledgeable and approachable and answer your questions either in class or via e-mail or during their office hours.

Cheap and safe.

Great Scholarship opportunities. Good tuition rates for out of state students who can get residency after completing 40 credits (1L + Summer). The essay question on the application focused more on what was your personal motivation for wanting to become a lawyer and what your interests were that would help you become effective as a legal researcher.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

First year was very heavy on the Socratic method. Second year courses were hit or miss on Socratic method, but seem to be more relaxed.

Typical process through LSAC/LSDAS, including LSAT, personal statement (2 page), transcripts from undergraduate degrees, and letters of recommendation.