Professors are more approachable than any I have ever had. The Law School is setup and structured to mimic that of a law firm, with the students as associates and the professors the partners. The offices are next to the professors so they have open door policies.
Incredible faculty, headlined by Professor Randolph, Christopher Holman (IP Expert), and Chris Koback (now secretary of state for Kansas and future Presidential candidate)

Routine to every school i applied

The environment at UMKC School of Law is competitive yet nurtures growth among its students.

LSAT, school application

Class size was never over 65-70 students, and that was only for the introductory first year classes that everyone has to take. Outside of that, I would say class size ranged from 10-40 students. Different professors employ different teaching methods but, for the most part, grades were based on a final test at the end of the semester (as they are at most law schools).

Cost of living is reasonable. The school is situated in an urban area, so there are a lot of activities for all age groups.

Admissions process was pretty standard as compared to most law schools.

First year classes are approximately sixty students. The second- and third-year classes required of everyone are similarly large. Some electives are significantly smaller, down to just a handful of students. The professors I have had have all been experienced, both in academia and in practice. They have been demanding, particularly in first-year courses. Outside of class all of my professors are approachable and friendly. Even those who are demanding and make you nervous in class are friendly outside of it. Two of my professors first year even had social gatherings at their houses for students, which was nice. The students are friendly and not destructively competitive. There is a shared bond over the students' nervousness about exams, etc. Many people enjoy the study abroad opportunities to China dn Ireland.

The cost of living in Kansas City is low. The building itself is plain, built in the 1970s, somewhat out of date, and nothing special. The library is pretty nice. The computer lab is pretty good. The courtroom is very nice.

Turned in LSAT score. Filled out and submitted application, which included an essay. Selected as one of five candidates interviewed for full scholarship through school. Not selected. Selected for school's Law Review scholarship. Turned in an essay for another scholarship through school. Interviewed for it but not selected. Offered job just before law school was to start. Accepted job, planning to save for a year and then attend school. Told admissions dean I would not be attended in the fall. Scholarship chair called me and offered me a larger scholarship. Decided to attend in the fall.

The UMKC School of Law is located a block from the Plaza in Kansas City. The location of the school is fantastic.

I believe the quality of the classes at UMKC were exceptional. Again, since it has been over 20 years, I am unable to be more specific.

I did not live on campus.

It has been over 20 years since I went through the process. I have no idea.

The professors are in general outstanding and distinguished. The school is competitive but not cutthroat. They encourage a collaborative environment. The professors are genuinely interested in the success of their students. The school offers a myriad of opportunities for clinical and practical work. From federal judicial internship programs to the entrepenuerial clinic, you can get experience in the field you want to practice in.

UMKC takes a whole person approach to the admissions process. Part of the process is an attempt to interview every candidate before acceptance to the law school.

The classes were fun and challenging. The faculty was fantastic. They were truly inspiring and made law school very enjoyable.

In general, UMKC takes an extremely practical approach to law school - preparing students to hit the ground running in the practice of law. The trial and appellate advocacy programs are outstandin. Both the UMKC Law Review and Urban Lawyer are highly regarded legal journals and receive high caliber authors. UMKC also has outstanding tax law and family law programs.

The cost of living in Kansas City is very affordable. The school is located in a fantastic location - near the country club plaza. Housing and parking are both widely available. Many restaurants are within walking distance of the law school.

The application process is fairly standard - submit your LSAT score and application for evaluation by the admissions committee. From the applicant pool, the committee grants interviews to some candidates. Admission offers are only extended after a successful interview.