I enjoyed nearly all of my classes at Michigan. There was quite a mix of class formats to choose from--e.g., seminar, mini-seminar, large "traditional" classes, clinics, etc. I benefited from all types and would recommend that approach to other students as well.
I found the faculty to be extremely accessible and willing to help me in my day-to-day as well as my future endeavors---whether that might be finding a clerkship, searching for a summer position, or dealing with personal challenges.

I loved Ann Arbor and enjoyed living off-campus all 3 years. The whole town centers around the university which results in a nice atmosphere.

I believe that Michigan's admissions process is truly unique. They go past the seemingly all important, but yet of relatively little value, LSAT scores. The result is a very diverse, interesting, down-to-earth, and incredibly intelligent group of students. I learned not only from my professors but also from my peers. I was impressed at the incredible backgrounds of my peers--doctors, pharmacists, scientists, athletes, parents, artists, ....
Impressive scholarships are also offered which helps add to the mix of students.

As a 1L, classes were all theory. However, on the whole, profs still managed to connect theory with practical hypos. Incredible first-year legal writing program. The curve is no different here than at other top law schools. Large, survey first-year courses, but next semester as 2L I am going to be in several classes of 60 or less students (one class only has 15). It is competitive and supportive at the same time. I respect and am continually impressed by my professors, even moreso by my peers.

The school's facilities are gorgeous; Ann Arbor is safe and fairly inexpensive; and it is a great, supportive community of students.

The "Why Michigan?" essay is unique to Michigan Law's application process. For me, the whole process felt very personal and I felt like I was being assessed in a holistic manner. Admissions office was very responsive to my needs.

very theoretical in the standard instruction, however there are amazing clinical options for the practical side. There is a mix of Socratic and other teaching. Grading is similar to other schools, but not gold stars like the Yales of the word.

Highish cost of living, but you are 1 minutes from the school. Ann Arbor is amazing! No crime, amazing cultural opportunities ranging from Shakespeare to midnight showings of The Room. Also, the new building and Lawyers Club upgrades should make this the most modern, yet beautiful campus in America.

very standard application process

The intellectual environment generally at Michigan Law is rigorous, stimulating, and ultimately very rewarding. Classes adhere to the Socratic method and engage students with the difficult nuances and complexities found within the foundational legal doctrine. The 1L year was intense but I have learned a great deal about myself and the law already in my time at the Law School.

The campus and student life is vibrant in Ann Arbor and the resources and opportunities are extensive at this great public university. It's a nice combination of down-to-earth college town with the opportunities of a world-class institution.

The admissions process was holistic, taking account of a number of factors and not automatically cutting people out of the process. It also gave a number of options for personal essays and was tailored to individual applicants with a focus on what unique qualities and abilities he or she would contribute to the diversity and academic community of the Law School.

There is a nice variety of classes; the only class that's really lacking is a robust statutory interpretation/legislation class, and the admin professors are not great.

Unbelievably accessible and pretty and a great way to get to know other students.

I don't know if there's anything particularly unique; the school gives out Darrow Scholarships (full and half tuition merit scholarships) for exceptionally qualified applicants and also gives our other scholarships with more limtied criteria.

The structure of the classes varies based upon the content of the course.
Doctrinal courses tend to be more Socratic.
While the style of the classes has varied, the quality of the instruction is consistently high.
Faculty are highly recognized in their respective fields and accessible to students.
Students interest in research have ample opportunity, encouragement and support (including a Student Research Roundtable)

Cost are about a high as one would expect around a large research university.
Whatever you want your life to be, you can find it.
I live very close to campus and feel secure in an around campus.

1) Other than the standard Personal Statement and Resume, Michigan also asks for applicants to submit 2 optional essays from a list of 7 topics provided by the admissions office.
2) Apart from these essays, the factors in selection are the same - LSAT, GPA, Work Experience, Extra-curricular activities.
3) Scholarship notices are sent a few months into the admissions process to admitted students. Usually they are awarded on a pretty straightforward formula based on GPA and LSAT.
4) 14-20 Darrow Scholarships are awarded every year which are basically full rides. Dean Zearfoss sends out emails to a select number of students out of whom the Darrow scholars are chosen. These students then submit additional essays and a committee comprising members of the faculty select the final recipients of the scholarship.

Emphasis on theory; Socratic method is mainly used; class size for 1L classes was 90.

Cost of living is relatively expensive for most incoming students, but Ann Arbor is a very good city with lots to offer to each type of person.

LSAT and application.

1L classes are very very intriguing and you learn a ton just from other classmates and their experiences in life.
Michigan is not competitive really at all. There are a few students that are, but they are a minority of students and they learned pretty quickly in the first semester that it is not cool at all to be that way. I mean, there are gunners (for sure), but again everyone knows who they are and it definitely got a little better 2nd semester.
Grading is typical -- curve for the first year classes (curve is to a B+).

Lawyers Club is great for the first year. Even after working and living in New York City for four years after undergrad and before law school, I still enjoyed the Lawyers Club and found it very comforting to have that living option.
Library is great... it's the library, I don't know what to say. You can study there with ease and it's nice.
Crime and safety aren't issues, it's Ann Arbor.

Typical Top 10 admissions process in terms of LSAT scores, personal statement, resume, etc. I would say the most unique part of the application process at Michigan versus other schools I got into is the personal and fun nature of Dean Zearfoss, which shines throughout everything Michigan. From her blog, to the letters sent by admissions, and they various city tours, it just makes you want to learn more about the school.

The Socratic method is used predominantly in first year courses. While it is also used in larger elective classes (such as Evidence and Jurisdiction), many students opt for seminar-like courses in their second and third year. These seminars have a smaller number of students and allow for more theoretical and creative class discussions.
The available courses range widely. Because there is such a wide array of courses, students often complain that they don't have enough time to take all of the courses they're interested in. For this reason, many students have trouble deciding whether they have the time to study abroad. While appealing, it limits the number of interesting courses one can fit into their short three years.
By far, the best and possibly most popular courses are the clinical programs that range from Human Trafficking to Immigration, Juvenile Justice and General Litigation.

As a first-year student, I recommend living in the law quad. Aside from being close to classes and the dining hall, it's critical to be surrounded by a network of fellow first year law students. This way, it is easier to integrate yourself into the law school community, create study groups, and feel part of group of scholars.
The facilities are perfectly adequate. Like most dorms, laundry is difficult (all washers and dryers are stored in one location which requires students to walk across the quad with their laundry). The location is central, a stones throw away from the undergrad facilities, restaurants, coffee houses, etc. With that being said, law students are very territorial and tend not to stray far from the law quad.
The first year of law school, while difficult, was also somehow the most fun. I attribute this in part to the student body and in part to the community.