UCLA B.A Econs

July 2018 | CURRENT STUDENT

The school is really supportive of you in your career right from the very first day. Careers office is excellent

The culture at UCLA might have a little too much party vibe and might not be suitable for everyone.

Comments

Apply early as application closes a month earlier than other schools. If you do get accepted, do not hesitate!

UCLA review

June 2018 | CURRENT STUDENT

I like how much diversity is shown. The school also has very good courses to take and the staff is very caring.

I don't like that there are so many people that attend though. It seems like it'd be hard to have one on one time with professors in times of struggle.

Comments

Overall, I'd say that UCLA is a very respected school and would be great to get into.

Lectures

January 2018 | FORMER STUDENT

The UCLA Anderson School of Management brings in great lecturers for its students.

I cant think of any things I would critique at the UCLA Anderson School of Management.

Comments

UCLA Anderson School of Management has a strong program. Would recommend.

Great for LA jobs

May 2017 | CURRENT STUDENT

Location is great. Students are kind and helpful. Professors are ready to work with you if you're not grasping a concept.

Nothing really. I guess I wish the cost of living was lower.

Comments

This is obvious, but do well on the LSAT! It's your best bet to get in.

UCLA is a very prestigious school

February 2017 | FORMER STUDENT

UCLA is a very prestigious school with a diverse student body, excellent job recruiting, decent part scene, and beautiful LA campus, but it is seriously overcrowded, the administration bureaucracy is absolutely terrible, and the competition in all reasonably hard majors is cutthroat. There are almost always three ppl to each tiny dorm room and realistically the average student will have almost all huge classes (the number of small classes they advertise is misleading because you need tons of small classes to balance out one large class from the student perspective -the smallest class I've had in three years was a 60 person philosophy GE). Some professors try to help but the sheer quantity of students they have makes it hard, and many classes (especially math, science, econ) are specifically designed to weed students out of worthwhile majors and often have test averages below 50%. Class enrollment is a nightmare -you will likely only be able to get 2/4 classes you need each quarter.

This school does have its negatives, as most schools do. But overall, most people who do get in and decide to go here make the best of it. Yes it is very competitive, but I personally do not see that as a bad thing. It makes us all better. Some here do make it seem grades are everything but there is definitely a diversity of students who don't just spend all day and night studying to get all As. When they say there are all kinds of people here, there really are. No matter what your personal beliefs are, there is a group for you and people who share those beliefs. This school is preparing us for the real world where no one holds your hand and takes you through life.

Comments

The campus itself is amazing and the classes are very interesting taught by extremely smart professors.

Best on the West that isn't Stanford :)

December 2016 | CURRENT STUDENT

Collaborative environment - competition can be heavy, especially in the FT program (vs. FEMBA or EMBA), but the school works to foster collaboration as well. Learning to be part of a team and contribute where you add the most value is extremely useful and more challenging than I expected. They have a lot of extremely talented professors and faculty - often professors that have and could teach at with higher prestige, but I'm guessing they wanted to live in LA!
They have been extremely helpful in accommodating me while I was dealing with some health issues.

No "tracks" for the FEMBA program; I also feel like there is a lot of talk about what to do to get a career and the support provided is somewhat inconsistent. I think that the FEMBA program could improve in a few ways and that the school does a disservice to students by allowing the antipathy between the two groups to exist.
FEMBA Career services could use some help - they could definitely provide better/more active support.
I think that some of their rhetoric ends there. Generally, the bureaucratic side is not pretty.

Comments

Make sure you want to get an MBA. If you do, then this is an excellent school to pursue it at.

UCLA-Summer Session C

November 2016 | CURRENT STUDENT

Great environment, located in one of the best areas in LA.

Accommodation could be improved a lot especially in hot summer, some rooms can be intolerable

Comments

In a word, UCLA is a very great school with nice teachers and brilliant classmates.

Great school, great environment

March 2016 | CURRENT STUDENT

School location and quality of professors is excellent. Can't beat living in LA.

Liberal student body. There have been some seriously silly student body movements in the past.

Comments

It is not so cutthroat like other top schools. Relaxed atmosphere - bring your sandals.

Review of UCLA

January 2016 | FORMER STUDENT

public research university, second oldest undergraduate campus, really great learning environment

study a lot, intense research, and most importantly competitive environment

Great

August 2015 | CURRENT STUDENT

Location, teachers, smart and highly driven students and classmates, resources

There's not much not to like about UCLA - it has a great reputation and a great program.

Comments

Definitely apply early, tour if you can, make sure you send in all of your documents and double check for typos.