Best on the West that isn't Stanford :)

December 2016 | CURRENT STUDENT

Collaborative environment - competition can be heavy, especially in the FT program (vs. FEMBA or EMBA), but the school works to foster collaboration as well. Learning to be part of a team and contribute where you add the most value is extremely useful and more challenging than I expected. They have a lot of extremely talented professors and faculty - often professors that have and could teach at with higher prestige, but I'm guessing they wanted to live in LA!
They have been extremely helpful in accommodating me while I was dealing with some health issues.

No "tracks" for the FEMBA program; I also feel like there is a lot of talk about what to do to get a career and the support provided is somewhat inconsistent. I think that the FEMBA program could improve in a few ways and that the school does a disservice to students by allowing the antipathy between the two groups to exist.
FEMBA Career services could use some help - they could definitely provide better/more active support.
I think that some of their rhetoric ends there. Generally, the bureaucratic side is not pretty.

Comments

Make sure you want to get an MBA. If you do, then this is an excellent school to pursue it at.

UCLA-Summer Session C

November 2016 | CURRENT STUDENT

Great environment, located in one of the best areas in LA.

Accommodation could be improved a lot especially in hot summer, some rooms can be intolerable

Comments

In a word, UCLA is a very great school with nice teachers and brilliant classmates.

Great school, great environment

March 2016 | CURRENT STUDENT

School location and quality of professors is excellent. Can't beat living in LA.

Liberal student body. There have been some seriously silly student body movements in the past.

Comments

It is not so cutthroat like other top schools. Relaxed atmosphere - bring your sandals.

Review of UCLA

January 2016 | FORMER STUDENT

public research university, second oldest undergraduate campus, really great learning environment

study a lot, intense research, and most importantly competitive environment

Great

August 2015 | CURRENT STUDENT

Location, teachers, smart and highly driven students and classmates, resources

There's not much not to like about UCLA - it has a great reputation and a great program.

Comments

Definitely apply early, tour if you can, make sure you send in all of your documents and double check for typos.

Great school to attend

May 2015 | FORMER STUDENT

the atmosphere and environment is great. great place to live

the cost of education is nonetheless high. I wish there was a way around it

Comments

This is an excellent school. if you can get it, you wont regret it.

business classes review

April 2015 | CURRENT STUDENT

The school definitely has one of the strongest finance and real estate faculty member.

The faculty members are often time too busy to give sufficient attention to students

Comments

This is a well respected school, and although LA market is tough, there seems to be a lot of recruiting.

Exciting place

April 2015 | CURRENT STUDENT

weather; resources to meet experts in every subject; recruiting opportunities by consulting firms. Housing is much better than USC.

High out-of-state tuition. Not enough research opportunity for master's student.

Comments

Worth coming, especially for the engineering, management, health-related majors.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

Anderson is a very challenging school. Students have demanding and packed schedules through both years, and students are expected to carry their academic responsibilities alongside any extracurricular and employment related work as well. There are academic advising opportunities through tutors and professor makes themselves very available to all students, regardless of day of week or hour of the day and night. Coursework is a diverse mix of theory and practice in all fields from accounting to marketing to finance and business strategy. Regardless of material and quantitative versus qualitative load, students are expected to perform at the highest level in both group and individual exercises. The first year is survivable mostly because of the great environment amongst students...we teach each other and work together. Competition does not mean that we don't help one another to achieve excellence.

Cost of living in reasonable, even though Los Angeles is such a large and metrolpolitan city. Most students live near campus and social life is well balanced. The campus is one of the most beautiful in the nation and Westwood is a gorgeous small college town within greater LA. The Anderson library is nicest on campus; so nice, in fact, that most of the space has been restricted for only MBAs in order to keep undergraduates away. There many great dining options on and near campus, a great benefit to such a diverse area. The local Westwood community is a UCLA economy and relations and safety are excellent with police and university and locals. Overall, students are very happy living in Westwood, Brentwood, and even closer to the Pacific popular Santa Monica and Manhattan Beach.

Anderson places a high emphasis on well rounded students. Students have high GMAT scores, high undergraduate GPAs, and diverse backgrounds/experiences. One of my essay questions for Anderson asked about my hometown and how that helped to shape me. It was a unique question relative to other institutions, and it was something that I found challenging to think about yet exciting to write once I had a clear idea of how to approach the essay. This is symbolic of Anderson's approach to filling a class of talented individuals who can learn from one another's backgrounds and experiences.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

Unmatched professors with respect to entrepreneurial studies (Cockrum), real estate (Sussman), and Finance (Roll). They are so accessible and really spend time relating concepts (new and old) in parlance that is easily understood by both experienced and inexperienced students. Truly amazing to sit and learn from these professors.

Absolutely unbeatable in terms of livability. I went to UPenn as an undergrad and while the school is great, the surrounding area left a lot to be desired. For me, Los Angeles is the perfect balance of climate coupled with accessibility to unparalleled career opportunity.

Audio and video samples are now used. Must have high GMAT and good undergrad GPA. Breadth and depth of experience is key, but the program does take several stellar post-undergrad students every year.