Fantastic Program---for MPAc

October 2015 | CURRENT STUDENT

Professors in this program have amazing connections. As I know, the admission standards in this school is lower than USC. But the employment condition is not bad.

Too much homework. I can sleep only 5 or 6 hours in average.

Comments

The tuition fee in universities like UC Davis is high. But UC Davis's is reasonable.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

Our faculty is truly exceptional. Our classes are taught by the top experts in their field. Notable professors include: Chi-Ling Tsai, Brad Barber, Kimberly Elsbach and Victor Stango. The professors include thier research in class and give opportunities to participate in their research. Class formats are a mix of case method, lecture, guest speakers, discussions and activities. Peer advising events allow fellow students to pick each other's brains about courses. There are many consulting project opportunities through Net Impact and CCG. Many of my classmates are in joint programs: JD/MBA, Public Health and Community and Regional Development. Others are involved in the Center for Entrepreneurship, the Energy Efficiency Center and the Viticulture Department. Our most famous activity is the Big Bang business plan competition, which is student run. Participants from the GSM, other UC Davis grad students, Sacramento State MBA students and others compete and present their budiness plans to local VCs and angel investors. Study abroad opportunities include the annual international study trip and exchange programs with partnering schools. Our program also takes an annual trip to Omaha to volunteer and meet with Warren Buffett.

I actually live in nearby Sacramento, but Davis is a lovely little college town. The GSM moved into the new Leed certified Gallagher Hall this year. It is fabulous. I spend a lot of time in our student lounge and the many study/meeting rooms.

I submitted my GMAT score months before applying. I applied in the earliest round. The application included 3-4 required essays. In the second stage I had an interview with the assistant dean (others interviewed with admissions officer) and I gave a 5 minute presentation on any topic in front of a group of admissions officers. My application qualified me for a faculty scholarship and a UC grant. No additional application or paperwork was necessary to be eligible for scholarships and financial aid.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

Academics are high quality. The quality of the faculty easily eclipses the school's rankings. Small class size enhances learning opportunities.

Cost of living is relatively low. Davis is a true college town - very safe, laid back and quaint but not necessarily for those who love big city life. Campus is beautiful and the business school is located in a gorgeous new building.

Several essays required, average gmat for current student is about 680, lots of opportunity for scholarships for above average applicants, one admissions interview followed by a 5 minute maximum oral presentation. Alumni reached out to me after I was admitted to convince me to attend.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

Unique application questions, essays, interview, GMAT, application process, and presentation.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

Class quality has been great with professors as experts in their fields. Projects are collaborative in teams of 3-5.

Straight forward

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

I had to give a five minute presentation on the topic of my choice to a panel of 3 admissions staff.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

Classes are presented with a mix of theory, practical study, and case studies. Many of the assignments are assigned for group study, which gives students an opportunity to develop teamwork and leadership skills in addition to academic development. Most professors are extraordinary and highly-respected in their fields of study. The workload is heavy at times, but the grading is very fair. There are no majors or set requirements for academic concentrations, and generally students are able to determine their own course plans according to their interests.

Davis is a small community and a great college town. The cost of living is reasonable, and the GSM has a new facility offering great computing facilities and study rooms.

The school is highly selective with respect to GMAT and undergraduate performance. They are also quite selective regarding fit, and do a great job of selecting applicants who fit the school's collaborative, inquisitive, and intellectual environment. The interview process requires applicants to give a 5-minute presentation, which gives the admissions committee an opportunity to evaluate presentation and speaking skills in addition to the hard skills applicants present on their applications.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

Interviews with staff. GMAT scores.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

Very good difference from my Undergraduate study in India. Quality of classes are fulfilled by variety of background from Faculty (Pure Research / Academic Professors , Professionals in Residence, Industry Leaders). Very competitive to stay in A...
Faculty giving very importance to practical study than theory knowledge. Custom Group study in a way to put together a business strategy for new / upcoming business es. Notable Faculty includes Brad Barber, Anna Scherbina - Corporate Finance. Gina Dokka - Organizations Strategy. Mark Lowe - New and Small Business Ventures. Workload will be average of 12 - 15 hrs per week.

Cost of Living is fair in UC Davis. Working professionals like us have adequate resources.

Admission process includes GMAT, Work Experience, Essays, Interview and 5 mins Presentation. Admission gives importance to very Selective pool of people to represent vast background.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

Small class size, lots of hands on activities, good mix of discussion and lecture

Affordable living, bike friendly, family friendly

Very competitive GMAT, above average Essay Requirement. Personal interview along with a 5 minute presentation. Very high-touch process.