GW Law Alum

June 2017 | FORMER STUDENT

Fantastic program for intellectual property law. I was an evening student and had access to a variety of IP courses from professors who are top in their field.

As an evening student, it would be nice to have more social events helping the evening students to feel more part of the mainstream law school community.

Comments

Great school, great location, and great professors. If you are looking to study intellectual property law, this is the school for you.

Good law school

February 2017 | FORMER STUDENT

great professors who are very nice and accessible, great location of the school, very convenient

the scholarship is not very transparent, career development support is not very helpful

Comments

really depends on your area of focus, good for IP related work and regulatory work.

2L At GW Law

April 2016 | CURRENT STUDENT

The faculty are outstanding. The school is able to attract impressive professors who are leaders in their field because of its location at the center of Washington, DC. I can only think of one professor that I've had who wasn't great. The school's on-campus recruiting program was a great opportunity for me; the school also has a diversity recruiting program that is very well attended by firms and other employers.

The facilities aren't as updated as the could be, and the law school can seem a bit crowded at times. This isn't a huge problem, because there are plenty of study spaces across campus, but it can be annoying.

Comments

I had success negotiating an increase in my scholarship at GW Law based on the amount of money I received from peer schools. Studying law in Washington, DC is a great experience. I highly recommend GW Law.

Former Foreign Students

January 2016 | FORMER STUDENT

One of the best location to enjoy life in city and studying

I think they need have more focus on foreign LLM students

Comments

GW law is a good place to study IP laws and know this before you apply.

Nowhere Better to Study Law

November 2015 | FORMER STUDENT

The University is located smack dab in the middle of Washington, DC and therefore in the heart of the legal world. It is a large university, so you will be exposed to every different type of student, as well as have access to almost every different type of legal focused class you can imagine. The professors are outstanding, and unlike other Universities, the Professors at GW Law actually care about teaching as much as they care about their scholarship. I truly cannot say enough good things about my experience at GW Law.

The only negative is that I think law schools (GW included) admit too many students. There simply aren't enough jobs for all of the people they accept.

Comments

Go for it, just make sure you really want to practice law.

GW LAW IS AMAZING

September 2015 | CURRENT STUDENT

THE PROFESSORS ARE LIKE NONE OTHER. WORLD CLASS!!! GREAT JOB OUTLOOKS FOR STUDENTS

FACILITIES ARE DRAB AND COULD USE SOME UPGRADES. I EXCPET MARBLE FLOORS FOR THE TUTION PRICE TAG

Comments

IF YOU GET A GOOD SCHOLARSHIP, THEN GO. OTHER THAN THAT, THINK HARD ABOUT GOING INTO THIS MUCH DEBT

Good

August 2015 | CURRENT STUDENT

Teachers are supportive. Classmates are good. Learning a lot of stuff.

Cost is too expensive. Not too much inspiration to work hard

Comments

Cost are high. But you can learn a lot from such experience

Mixed

Impressive faculty
Great location
Strong IP offerings
Top of class can get a job at any firm

Not necessarily easy to land a job outside of DC

Comments

Only consider if you can get a steep discount. If so, you can get the same BigLaw job without the loans.

Great schoo...medicore employment

Professors are great
Smart students
Good Alumni base in DC

Preslect OCI
Degree doesn't travel outside of DC
Lawyer factory
Expensive

Comments

You really need to be your own advocate. The school is so large that you can really get lost if you don't go out of your way and introduce yourself to your professors.

GW Review

August 2015 | CURRENT STUDENT

Integrated within the nation's capital; school does its best to increase its standing nationally

There isn't a really great sports culture outside of maybe basketball which isn't that big itself.

Comments

It's a great school and it's a good balance of city life/schooll