Upper level classes tend to be smaller. The professors are easily and readily accesssible for answering questions by email or in person. They take the time to get to know the students. Each professor uses their own method of teaching--some use the Socratic method while others employ more discussion. Hardly any classes are pure lecture classes. The workload is tough, but managable.

The quality of the building is impecable; the facilities are excellent. The library is large and comfortable. Although it is a city school, the crime rate is relatively low. There is a full cafeteria in the law school and two others on campus, plus additional restaurants in the community.

LSAT is required. Scholarships and financial aid are available. Merit scholarships are given to upperlevel students based on their academic performance.

The academics have been quite impressive at Catholic. I was thoroughly challenged by each professor my first year and developed a true love for the law. Class sizes were small my first year- from about 12 students in my legal writing course to as many as 40 in the large staple courses of Contracts, Torts and Civil Procedure. Second year they are even smaller, which is great for discussion. Professors have all been welcoming to discuss questions after classes and in preparation for exams, and I highly recommend meeting with professors multiple times throughout a semester. Class preparation is rigorous - I spend at least 2-3 hours prepping for each class the next day. Students are generally prepared for class and engaged in discussion. Overall, the professors are highly qualified, enjoy working at Catholic and add a great deal of prestige to the school. There is good mix of practical and theoretical study at the law school. Many students who enjoy a more practical approach participate in trail teams, moot court, and clinical programs, whereas those who enjoy a theoretical study can take upper division seminars and participate in law journals. Catholic has all the opportunities available that a student needs to reach their goals - whether it be big law, government or public interest - but students need to be proactive in seeking out jobs and student organizations. Good grades and Law Review seem to be a must for breaking into big lawm, as Catholic is 2nd tier. Catholic alums however are prevalent in all sectors in the DC area and they are always happy to hire a Catholic graduate. The only qualms I had about Catholic was the requirement to take a Catholic Social Thought course my first year. This requirement has since been abolished. Overall, a wonderful school.

The quality of life at Catholic is great. Catholic has a reputation for lacking the cut-throat attitude that is prevalent at other DC law schools. The students truly look to help one another out, and are friendly and sociable. When looking for a summer internship after my 1L year, I had several classmates offer to send my resume to contacts they knew. The building and facilities are also new and spectacular, and a lovely place to spend three years studying. I would highly recommend visiting the campus before an applicant writes Catholic off their list. My one complaint about Catholic is that the University and the law school do not allow official gay and lesbian clubs to form due to the amount of money they receive from the Catholic church. I have several gay friends at the law school, and we would all like to see the church be more progressive in their acceptance of all people.

Pretty standard admissions process. Friendly and constant communication from the administration after receiving an offer, as well as information on academic scholarships I was qualified for. I applied for an academic scholarship and won 18.5K per year after an interview with the school. They were friendly, welcoming and quick to reply to any concerns or questions I had prior to starting classes.

We use the Socratic method in many of the classes, other classes work through problems assigned as homework to get a practical understanding of the topics. The classes are offered by multiple professors with very different styles, which allows a student to pick what teaching style works best for them and is very helpful. The clinics are an amazing learning experience, the Innocence Project Clinic teaches students to investigate claims of innocence on difficult cases and also provides an inside perspective on the flaws throughout our criminal justice system. The general practice clinic, family law clinic , elder law clinic and consumer rights clinic are work intensive, priceless opportunities to represent real clients in court and during mediation sessions. Research opportunities are both competitive and abundant with excellent faculty. The National Trial Association is well organized, highly competitive, and is a great learning tool to hone in on the skills necessary in the court room and the rules and procedures being taught in other staple classes. The CUA Pro Bono Challenge is a unique program that urges students to pledge to do pro bono work and this is both a great way to gain experience in a variety of areas of law and to network with professionals in the greater D.C. area.

The school is very conscious of the mental health and well being of the student body. The general population of students gets along an a unit working for the purpose of passing the bar and becoming great attorney. Sabotage is unheard of. There have been a few instances of crime from locals in the area but the campus is very safe. Dining options have improved on campus but could be better off campus. The facilities are great, the presentation rooms and moot courtroom are also well designed and used frequently.

First year it is easy to come by merit based scholarship opportunities, but based on grades during your first year and the extreme curve the scholarship is difficult to keep. There are unique application questions specifically if you are interested in getting into an institute, for instance the communications law institute or the law and public policy institute.

The teachers at CUA Columbus Law are second to none--- accessible, interesting, entertaining, and true experts in their fields.

The library and law school cafe are awesome--- and two new student refrigerators this year!

Much more challenging than school ranking would suggest. The smaller class sizes and the high standards provide a solid legal education.

Increasing LSAT requirements; fair scholarship opportunities

While many of the first year classes are taught with the Socratic method, many of the upper division classes are intentionally small, allowing for conversational interaction with both professors and other students. The professor foster an atmosphere of mutual respect.

Other

Mix of Socratic method, discussion, and lecture. Wonderful legal clinics which provide relevant legal experience through work with underprivileged individuals.

LSAT, personal statement, scholarships based on undergraduate GPA and LSAT score, in-person interviews for additional scholarships

156-161 LSAT ?

Very practically focused and practice -oriented. Added a new requirement for 1 L's this year that we have to take two additional writing/drafting courses and 1 additional skills-oriented class. The first year Legal Writing and Research class gives great practice and is intense and graded - quite a different experience from my good friend at another law school who had a Pass/Fail writing class.

The work ethic taught here is outstanding. Both the faculty and staff are very helpful and the student population helps everyone else out as well. Great experience.

Great area, good stuff to do on campus, and lots of organized trips (ski, hike, etc.) for the student population.

Letters of Recommendation and LSAT score/GPA seemed to be decisive factors. But life experience also seemed to play a role.