Amazing!

September 2015 | CURRENT STUDENT

Great professors, great scholarships and great opportunities. The career staff is amazing really try to help you find a job and connect you

It is annoying that it is in Queens it should be in the Manhattan campus

Comments

If you think you can do well, and have a scholarship to St John's this is by FAR your best option. Don't let a law school ranked a little bit higher deter you- I have offers to amazing firms coming out of St Johns

Solid Choice If You Do Well

August 2015 | CURRENT STUDENT

strong alumni network and if you are top of the class the career development office is stellar

the building is one of the most poorly laid out academic buildings Ive ever seen. The housing for law students is the most convoluted and ridiculous process.

Comments

To graduate top of your class without any debt from law school puts you in a better position than someone who is middle of the class at a more prestigious top tier school.

Personal Experience at St John's

June 2015 | CURRENT STUDENT

I received a full scholarship to St John's Law which was amazing and took off a lot of the pressure for loans. Additionally, the career guidance center there was amazing and helped get me exactly what I was looking for this summer. I went in not knowing anyone and have made a lot of new friends, everyone is really nice. The professors really helped you learn the law, and I came in knowing nothing!

It is hard that it is in Queens. I live in Manhattan and it definitely makes me less inclined to get involved in school activities. Also, although the professors are amazing educators I have found it difficult to create a personal relationship with any of them.

Comments

Definitely consider this school! If you have a scholarship there, St John's will offer you all the same benefits as a school like Cardozo or Brooklyn. I had more opportunity this summer than my friends at those schools. I have learned so much!

Needs to focus on getting students jobs in Manhattan

March 2015 | FORMER STUDENT

Good faculty who usually actually care about students. Nice to be in NYC but also have the residential feel of Jamaica Queens. Most of my classmates are doing quite well.

Needs to focus on getting more students big law jobs to increase the schools profile. Not everyone wants to work in Long Island.

Comments

If you want to go to law school in New York and you don't get into NYU, Columbia, or Fordham, give SJU a hard look...especially if they give you a scholarship.