Marquette University Law School utilizes a wide variety of teaching styles including the socratic method, law theory, case study, class discussions, lectures, and guest speakers.
Our academic advising is lacking, the school could definitely utilize a few academic advisors or counselors to help you through the class registration process and make sure that you are completing all of the required classes.
Our class sizes vary for all classes, but ranges from 10 or 15 to a maximum of probably about 100, although I have never been in a class over approximately 75 people.
Marquette University as a whole is extremely competitive, although you may not assume so automatically because I believe the students do genuinely want their friends to succeed. There is not any sabatoging of other students due to competitiveness that I have ever been aware of.
The Academic Success Program (ASP) is a unique feature of a legal education at Marquette and is extremely beneficial to new students. ASP is a program that offers extra explanatory sessions for each class that 1Ls are required to take and is taught by students who have taken the same classes the previous year and excelled in them. This is extremely beneficial because the ASP leaders often have experience with the teachers of the course and can offer insight that only a former student can.
The grading process is rather arduous with a curve set where I believe only 10% of students in each class can receive an honors grade, but I am not completely 100% familiar with the exact grading requirements. I do however believe that there should be some classes, such as legal writing that the curve does not apply to, due to the small class size.
There are MANY study abroad opportunities that students utilize, although I have not chosen to do so yet.
The workload the first year is a little overwhelming for some students, but it is all about time management, and I did not have any problems managing my time around my class schedule. I even worked a part time job the second semester of my 1L year.

Excellent! With the new law school building that was opened this year everything that is offered to the students is brand new and of extremely high quality.

LSAT Scores, Standard Application Questions, and Essay Questions are all part of the application process.
I was offered a scholarship upon acceptance for previous academic success I beleive.

The professors are excellent and proactive. They are willing to assist students and work with them to support them in classes and in their career. The class is competitive but in a healthy way. Students share notes and suggestions and generally support eachother. The class sizes are manageable. The largest class I have had was only 90. Many classes are under 50 and 25. I enjoy the volunteer legal clinic and the research opportunities. We have many notable faculty including a former US Senator, former US Attorney, and Chairman of the National Baseball League.

n/a

Essay, LSAT, financial aid, LSDAS

Good class size (around 25) for the classes I took in my specialty area. Working problems in tax classes was useful. Notable professors - Lindsey, Bradford, Kossow, Anzivino, Julien, Blemberg.

Excellent facilities, decent area. Pretty safe for an urban campus.

Good scholarship opportunities. I don't remember the essay topic.

classes are exceptional, fantastic professors. good ability to participate in an internship while attending, multiple research and volunteer opportunities. excellent study abroad programs

cost of living is fair for being in a city, the new building is absolutely incredible and makes you never want to leave, milwaukee on the whole is not the safest city but everything the school provides is top notch

fairly standard compared to other law schools- allowed for extra essays to let yourself stand out.

Marquette offers a great practical education for all students. The sports law program is second to none, the international law, business, and dispute resolution programs are also on the rise. The workload is nothing overwhelming, it is just a matter of how you manage your time. Marquette should lose the curve. Many other schools are going away from the curve and Marquette picks it up. Student X may deserve the same grade as Student Y, but beacuse the curve student X will be bumped down. If a student earns a grade they should get it. Class sizes are great and open up the opportunity for professors to get to know their students.

New building is great. There are no problem that stick out to me.

I think the admissions process is selective to a point. There needs to be less emphasis on the standardized tests (LSAT) and more emphasis on the individual. Grades are helpful, but more should go into what kind of people Marquette wants. Sometimes the people that have amazing LSAT scores and great GPAs do not do as well in law school or do not add anything to the Law School environment. It would be difficult to interview students, but something more should be done than just looking at a student on paper. Test scores do not say much about a student and her or his ability to succeed in law school.

Best building in the country. You can live there with food service, workout facility and big lockers.

As with every school, the quality of the education and the presentation style vary by professor. For the most part, there is a focus on the practical application of the material instead of just on the underlying theory. Also, the supervised fieldwork program is fantastic. I am not a fan of the grading policy and do believe that the way law schools in general are set up, it is unavoidably subjective and certainly not relevant to the actual practice of law.

The cost of tuition is ridiculously high.

I was able to get into the part-time program pending adequate LSAT scores. I had to complete an application, admission statement, and various other information.

Theory-based, aside from Internship Program. Socratic method is far more common in 1L classes. Grading is curved, which sometimes leads to inaccurate reflections of points earned; i.e. 93%=B. The faculty is very accessible and well-versed in their respective areas of study. Students are competitive, yet humble and gracious. Academic advising is primarily geared toward 1L students. The program is highly effective at acclimating students to law school life.

The quality of life at Marquette is wonderful. Housing opportunities on and off campus abound and facilities are state-of-the-art.

The application process includes consideration of one's character and engagement in "cura personalis." Financial aid and scholarship opportunities are scarce.

Fairly competitive. Many course offerings. study abroad opportunities were good. workload manageable, but workload is really up to the student.

Our new building is great. campus is improving at university, but all in facilities are great with the addition of the new law building.

It was convenient and not overbearing.

For the first year, there is a mix between Socratic method and question and answer. Some of the classes have about 70 to 80 students, and some have about 20 to 25. The best thing about Marquette Law, at least for me, is the comprehensive Sports Law curriculum they have.

The new law school is second to none.

Used the LSAC/LSDAS system.