- Professors are tops in their field
- Engaging classmates
- Prestige = immediate job opportunities
- New York City location means access to top U.S. law firms
- Highly selective
- Disappointing financial aid options
- Tuition plus cost of living is expensive
The Bottom Line
- Columbia University School of Law is located in New York City, the legal capital of the world. In the Vault Law 100, 9 of the Top 10 law firms are based in NYC. Unprecedented access to these firms makes the high tuition and cost of living worth the price.
Columbia University School of Law provides three distinct degree
programs to its students - Juris Doctor (J.D.), Master of Laws
(LL.M.) and Doctor of the Science of Law (J.S.D.). Each degree
offers a unique experience with differing admissions
The three-year J.D....