2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

GMAT exam scores, including a personal statement of future goals and reason for attending grad school. In addition an interview with the administrative staff of the school.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

Application was basic information along with a personal essay, required recommendations were acceptable from both work and education experience. GMAT score not difficult to obtain.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

GMAT was required, details of your work experience, course descriptions, essay

Other

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

Good class sizes, competitive and challenging.

Good facilities, students, labs, and social events.

GMAT and application.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

little to no academic advising, class size is typically 25-50 students, heavy on case studies, grading is lenient, some classes are mediocore in content

Took the GMAT, submitted an essay on grad school and my career aspirations, an application and two reference letters.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

-Competitive students, mainly part time professionals
-Large class sizes upwards of 70+ students
-Low quality of academic advising, too many students
-Good amount of case studies in coursework
-Fair grading and exams

-Low crime
-Plenty of computer labs
-No dining facilities on campus
-No housing sponsored by the school

Basic admission process
-GMAT (not very competitive)
-One Essay
-No financial aid or scholarship opportunities
-No interviews

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

MBA requirement classes are about 60-70 students each. Some of the more advanced classes are smaller in size. Professors are quite good so far, several know me personally. Some of the classrooms in the Vertical Campus are disappointing. There are a few different designs of class rooms and I only really like the ones with the desk tables as they give you enough room to use a lap top and write as well. The issues with the non-functioning escalators are a joke. The school 'hopes' to have them fully operational by the end of 2011 when I expect to have graduated. Get used to talking the stairs or waiting ages for the few elevators.

Baruch is a very large and diverse school with a lot of international students. As I am married I don't 'hang out' at school too frequently. I do like the area of Manhattan it is in as it offers a lot of options for dining and bars. With the exception of the escalators not working, the campus is fine and the library is good. Free Wi-Fi is essential.

I took the GMAT, filled out the application, wrote two essays and secured two recommendations. No interviews offered.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

Amazing library facilities, good computer labs -- good study places

GMAT scores, generic application, 2 recommendations, no interview

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

Students are very competitive, some professors are awful (they have no interest knowing their students or helping students whatsoever, some just read their powerpoint presentations, some never reply to e-mails from students asking questions, and I have had professors that did not want to share how they graded one of my final test). Some other professors are really good, they make real efforts to know your name and help you succeed. I've had great experience with female professors in particular, they were really nice to other female students not like some male professors who can't even look another female student in the eyes! Team work is strongly encouraged and case studies are usually great. Academic advising is not great. Nobody warns you in advance if your GPA starts to get low. They put you right away on probation. They don't prepare students enough for graduate studies.

Don't know, I don't spend much time on campus, I have my own apt in Brooklyn.

Standard application questions, one essay, GMAT scores, 2 letters of recommendation.

GMAT, TOEFL, statement of purpose
no financial aid or scholarship opportunities

Get Our Career Newsletter

Interview, resume and job search tips emailed directly to you.