School Life

August 2018 | FORMER STUDENT

Large school with a lot of different buildings. Every building is a different school and it is nice entering into a building and getting the feeling of what the college is like.

The school is very spread out and the parking can be troublesome. If you plan accordingly you will be able to park and make time to get to class.

Comments

The environment is very fun and the student life is even better. It is very easy to get involved with the students and the classes are not as big as you imagine college classes to be, besides the intro classes you are required to take.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

Classes require work and studying, but you get out of them what you put into them. If you choose to slack off you won't learn anything, but if you study you excel. Class sizes are approperate for what you are learning. The advising is definatly not up to par. There are outstanding professors, but there are also professors that are there to collect a pay check. Many of my friends have studied abroad and have loved it.

The housing was small but I still enjoied it very much. The cost was fine. The food was good, I felt safe. I loved the dorms I thought they were very fun and it was a great way to meet people as a freshman.

I was in state so I filled out an application, and was accepted.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

General education classes required, major degree requirements (usually about 32 hours), professors are widely accessible (tutoring programs not needed because students can go directly to the professor)

Campus life is great, sense of belonging, friendly atmosphere, library is welcoming and easy to use, dining choices are GREAT (love the food!), surrounding neighborhoods and communities are welcoming and very nice, feels safe

Standard application, essay required, cover letter optional. Early decision available

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

The class size for language classes at OU are capped at 20-25 students which helps students receive focused attention from their professors which I absolutely love! Introduction and general education courses are typically large, but still professors are always readily available and willing to meet with you in their office. The freshmen advising center could use improvement, but overall academics and course requirements are very relevant to each major.

Housing is great!! The dorms have been newly renovated with new furniture and whatnot; the cafeteria has also been newly revamped and remodeled and it is a top eating place on campus. The variety and endless options satisifies any food preferences. I have never felt in danger while on campus because of the high level of security. All the facilities are kept clean and well-maintenanced.

The application is very easy and the prospective students website is so user-friendly. The neat thing about OU's application is that the admission and scholarship application is the same so you in a sense you are completing two parts in one. I received my admissions letter in a very timely manner because I had applied early, and therefore received my top housing preference. It was a very smooth and easy process and my area recruiter was also very friendly and helpful with the questions I had for her.

application, 2 essays, FAFSA financial aid, scholarship book

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

Thus far, my academic experience has been one that students call the "weed out" classes. My classes have been jam packed with students that disappear as the weeks go by. I have made few relationships with my professors, although I make certain to familiarize myself with each one's way of teaching. I am eager to study abroad; I have heard many good memories from various adventures to foreign lands.

Due to the space to cost ratio, i feel it is somewhat unfair and a disadvantage, however, it was memorable experience with the 24 hour study rooms and the students that were always up for anything.

The application of admission is a very detailed document that outlines the applicant's previous activities, accomplishments, and involvement. It distinguishes its applicants with opportunities of revealing personal, unique attributes about the individual. The early decision application is the wise choice since it also allows the applicant the opportunity for other scholarships and financial aid.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

I feel that I have been challenged mentally here at the University of Oklahoma. As a National Merit Scholar, I believe I had an understanding of how hard the classes were going to be. I feel that I have been prepared for the real world due to the education I have received here at OU, and I couldn't be prouder.

I will be living on campus for my 4th year. Housing is great, it's cheap, campus is gorgeous and close by, the workout and tech facilities are great and all within walking distance, Library is close and a great place to study, food is above average, everbody knows everybody, and I feel completely safe. I love it here.

Transcripts,Scholarship Applications, etc. We had to achieve certain scores on the ACT/SAT to merit selection

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

Study abroad is HUGE at OU, President Boren encourages every student to study abroad. There are many opportunities for individual research, especially in the Honors College. It is fairly competitive to get into most academic programs.

Filling out a form with personal information, GPA, and ACT score. Once admitted, you fill out a generic essay form to earn many scholarships.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

Class sizes are great. Freshman English classes are capped at 19 students! Every student must complete two semesters of English Composition. Foreign Languages are also required for several majors. Grading is almost always very fair. I am advised through the honors college and I love it. They are always very helpful!

Rolling based application; No essays