Overrated Not Just in Football

December 2016 | CURRENT STUDENT

Financial aid - provided above average scholarships and aids... Cheap living environment

As a senior, I wish I had done more homework in high school before I enrolled. If I could do it over, I would not attend Notre Dame. In academic, social and career points of view, this university miserably falls short.

I am currently attending the university's business school, and it should be nowhere near where it is ranked (#1 or 2 according to some media organizations). Classes are mediocre, professors are a hit or miss and Mendoza over-enrolls. There is very little guidance throughout the four years and the counselors have been generally unhelpful.

Socially, there is absolutely no diversity--and I mean this in more than racial sense. 95% of students here are either loaded foreign students, upper class white or athletes. If you don't fit into any of those categories, you WILL feel out of place. Surrounding areas suck (**** bars and clubs) and it's bitterly cold in the winter. Overall, very overrated school--academically and in football.

Comments

You can find schools with comparable academic quality but in a substantially better location and environment

Wonderful

May 2015 | FORMER STUDENT

Awesome career center - definitely pulls out all the stops to get you a job by the time you graduate
Pretty much a target school by now for Wall Street - if not that then an extremely strong semi-target
Strong business school reputation
Great culture and athletics
Strong sense of community and it flows over to the alumni network, most alumni are more than happy to help current students or other alumni

Middle of nowhere - South Bend, IN is not the greatest place on Earth
Lack of diversity - this can be a good or a bad thing but it is a thing

Comments

Notre Dame is a national brand. At the end of the day, having the name on your resume will only help your career.

If you're looking into finance / accounting / business as a career path, Notre Dame is definitely a school you should have on your list of potential schools to attend.

Best Choice I Ever Made

March 2015 | FORMER STUDENT

The community among the students. The focus on teaching in a holistic sense. The character of everyone -- when I meet someone from ND, I know that I'll like them and that I can trust them.

The location can be the worst part, because you're stuck in the middle of nowhere. But really, that forces you to spend more time on campus, which lends to the community.

Comments

If you are accepted into Notre Dame, take the offer. Trust me, you'll never regret it.

ND

March 2015 | FORMER STUDENT

My classmates were intelligent and excited to think critically about issues facing society.

The student population was lacking diversity. While this has improved, it still is pretty homogenous.

Comments

Even if you aren't a football fan, learn to embrace it. The student body really comes together in their support of the team.