The Best of the Best

October 2015 | FORMER STUDENT

Academics, Greek Life, Campus Life, Campus Location, Scenery, San Diego

The school spirit was severely lacking - but if you join Greek Life, you won't ever need to worry about it.

Comments

The academic programs available at UCSD are world class and truly incomparable. I took classes from a Nobel laureate, in addition to masters in each of their individual fields. Greek Life is UNREAL, and has only gotten better with each passing year. The city of San Diego provides so many amazing opportunities - I look back at UCSD as some of the best years of my life.

Undergraduate

August 2015 | FORMER STUDENT

I loved the people, weather, and the great food nearby campus.

I did not like the fact that I had to walk far to classes.

Comments

I think it is a great choice for anyone who wants to experience the laid back southern california lifestyle.

UCSD Review

May 2015 | CURRENT STUDENT

I enjoy the atmosphere, positive vibe, and location of UCSD. There are several opportunities to get involved and enjoy college.

I dislike that we are not Division 1 in most of our sports.

Comments

If you want to pursue a STEM major, please consider UCSD. The theater and political science at UCSD is also solid. If you want to live by the beach and wear sandals everyday, you would love it here.

Future is in your hands

April 2015 | CURRENT STUDENT

Relaxed, laidback culture. Collaborative/collegial--UCSD is not cut throat. Awesome cognitive science program. beautiful area

Being located in the middle of La Jolla puts pressure on the University to restrict various activities. Many people do not rise to challenges and get scared instead

Comments

There are a ton of opportunities available for UCSD students, you just have to take your future into your hands and look hard/actively for them

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

General Requirements, Major Requirements, Moderate class sizes, Professors are generally accesible, competitiveness is fierce in the sciences, grading is overall fair.

Cost of living is expensive (it has gone up considerably). Housing is cramped (more triples) but generally okay. Facilities are great (RIMAC, Main Gym, Swimming Pools, Soccer Fields, Tennis Courts, etc. Many libraries to study at. Not a strong college community. Crime and safety - considering how big of a school it is, it is pretty safe.

Standard Essays, Application Process, Financial aid, Scholarship Opportunities, Standardized Test Results, Extra-Cirriculars

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

The general academics are rigorously challenging. It takes effort, skills, and passion in order to do well in UC San Diego. Most professors seem willing to help students outside of class. It is extremely easy to study abroad.

Cost of living is definitely high. The facilities and dining are definitely a positive aspect of the college. It is also relatively safe and highly regulated.

The personal statements were straightforward but time-consuming. The admissions process seems to weigh heavily on extra-curricular activities rather than straightforward academics. The application process was a long and tedious procedure. In the end it was all worth it.