Lots of requirements. Global focus. Active citizenship.

Incredible!

Unique application essays.

Several GE requirements, professors are always there, study abroad is very popular at Tufts, every student is academically well-rounded

food is great, people have great school spirit and are very friendly, one should be careful at night because crime occurs often, dorms are great, the city and the neighborhoods are fun

3 essays- I found the application very fair. I don't think SAT scores should be taken so much into consideration. There are so many aspects to the application that indicate a candidate's qualifications, that the SAT should be the least important component.

Huge workload but great faculty....For Engineering Studens, yiu have 38 classes to satisfy graduation requirements and foe Liberal arts, 32. However, students may have fewer requirements to satisfy if they have pre-matriculation credits (APs, IBs e.t.c.)

You would be happy for your choice! No room for regrets!

Intense application. Lots of essays. Great Financial aid package!

Common Application with a supplement. The supplement is somewhat lengthy, but definitely worth completing. There are optional "essays" which include written options as well as more creative choices like making a video or creating something with a piece of paper. There is Early Decision 1, Early Decision 2, and Regular Decision--all three are fine times to apply. However, if you are sure that Tufts is the school for you, you should choose an ED deadline. Tufts also offers alumni interviews which are great to take advantage of if you think it can add to your application.

The classes are challenging, but exciting and definitely manageable. The faculty is exceptionally enthusiastic and eager to help and talk. The school is extremely supportive of study abroad even if you have a demanding major, and most students do study abroad. Professor encourage collaboration, and most students are happy to help and work with you on an assignment. There are distribution requirements, but no real required courses.

I'd say overall happiness is pretty high. The food is great (especially for vegetarians) and the dorms are pretty good. Community relations are at a high. Crime hasnt been a big problem.

The common app and a supplement are required to apply. There are two rounds of (binding) early decision- one in the fall and one in the spring. The supplement has a couple of short essays (that are really fun to write) and an optional essay.

I've taken some great classes at Tufts so far-- "Documentary Filming" and "Contemporary Crises in Africa" were probably my two favorite ones thus far. The class sizes are often small/medium sized, which I prefer, and even the larger ones aren't overwhelming in size. I've been able to meet with my professors outside of class without any problem-- overall, I'd say there is a very good sense of connection between students, teachers and peers at Tufts.

Tufts has a great location and campus. I was happy living in my all-freshmen dorm my first year, enjoyed the food in the dining halls, and spent a lot of my time in the Tisch Library, which has a great working environment. I play a lot of basketball at both the outdoor courts by South Hall and in Cousens Gym. Being always able to play pickup basketball makes me happy.

Tufts was one of several schools I applied to. I visited the campus in August 2009 and was very impressed. I went to an information session hosted by the Dean of Admissions, Lee Coffin, in Septemer 2009, and then finally decided to apply. It took me a few days of typing and editing to finish my application essays and compile other application materials, such as my 10-minute video portfolio. I liked a lot of the essays though-- especially one imagining how history would have unfolded had the colonists lost the American Revolution-- and sent in all my material by the Regular Decision deadline in late December. I had an interview with a Tufts alum, Brian Wolly, in January, and was very excited when I received my acceptance letter in late March.

General requirements: 2 arts, 2 humanities, 2 world civilization, 2 english, 2 mathematics, 6 language/culture.

Additional requirements added for any majors or minors one may pursue.

Housing is clean and well maintained. Outdoors, the buildings are beautiful. Indoors, they're somewhat old. The campus is lovely and located very close to the center of Boston. We are far enough away that we have limited crime and relative insulation when it comes to studying, but close enough that we can go in every day of the week with minimal cost or effort, if we choose.

The food is outstanding. We have amazing choices every day, much of it sustainable. We always feature food with the highest quality/health characteristics.

Tufts requires four or five essays instead of the standard 2 or 3. They have alumni interview prospective students, area student gatherings, on campus tours and several other behavioral review situations. They look for creativity and achievement in all areas of pursuit, not simply academia. We have two binding early decision application deadlines, we use the common application, and financial aid and scholarships are available. If you feel you have not been offered enough financial aid, you can consult our officers for more. Generally, they are very helpful in assisting students in need.

There's no core per se, but 5 distribution areas that must be fulfilled. There are world civilization credits, a writing requirement, and quantitative analysis, but these are usually filled by Advanced Placement or SAT scores. There's a 6 semester foreign language requirement and about 40-50% of juniors choose to study abroad, either on 8 Tufts-affiliated programs or 215 pre-approved other opportunities. In addition, everyone must have a major (often 2 or 3) which is generally 10-12 courses. I receive one credit per course, regardless of how often it meets. Professors hold office hours and are approachable, even in large courses. The average course size is 20 students, but I have some as small as 8 or as large as 150. I've taken advantage of research opportunities, working in a biology research lab since sophomore year. I receive class credit for the work I do.

Housing is okay (I've seen better but also worse). Cost of living is high (this is Boston), but it's fairly easy to learn how to be economical especially with meal plans. The cafeteria food is really good. The neighborhoods surrounding are on the up and up, pretty safe by day, caution advised at night. I'd say the campus is pretty with plenty of places to hang out and study but small enough to never have to walk far. I like the libraries. They're all well-lit, with accessible hours, and accommodate a variety of learning styles. Students are very happy.

There's a Common Application with an extensive supplement (extra essays, videos/creative prompts). Students may apply Early Decision in 2 rounds, or regular decision. There is also an interview with an alumnus. Financial aid is entirely need-based, not merit.

There are quite a few requirements but they are all doable. Each Tufts student has to take 6 language or culture classes. Most majors have about 10-11 classes to complete the major. Freshmen are assigned an adviser and once they declare their major they can choose their own adviser. The biggest introduction classes can be up to 300 people but classes get smaller very quickly. Senior seminars can be about 10 people. Professors are accessible if you seek them. Students are more competitive with themselves then with each other. There are many study abroad options including Tufts and non-Tufts programs. The workload is generally pretty heavy but it depends on your classes.

There are multiple extra essay questions for Tufts. With early decision you have a better shot of getting in.

There is a core curriculum that everyone must take, though there are many ways to fulfill it. I.e. two math, two natural science. two English, six language/culture, two social science. It is easy to get rid of these quickly, and AP credit helps. You are assigned an advisor through one of four programs, and then receive a new one from your major department when you declare a major (by the end of sophomore year). Classes range from big lectures to small seminars. Classes are competitive, but everyone helps each other succeed. Grading is generally fair. Many faculty perform cutting edge research, and it's possible to help out as an undergrad and even do your own research. Studying abroad is definitely easy if you plan ahead. Lots of homework, as to be expected.

Housing is okay, but living with all freshman is nice. Lottery system allows you to choose housing each year, though most juniors and seniors live off campus. The library is great, though sometimes hard to find a table during midterms/finals. "Off-campus" is literally across the street, and because of our focus on the community we get along well with our surrounding towns, and host events for them often. Apparently we have the highest crime rate, though anyone on campus would say they feel safe (though use common sense: don't walk alone at night). 99% of the people I meet absolutely love Tufts.

The school has ED1 and ED2, though I applied Regular Decision. It took the Common App, but also had a few additional essays. One was optional, and there were many rather unique questions to choose from. I chose to "write a short story entitled 'House of Cards.'" It provided some financial aid, but no merit scholarships. I, however, received a merit scholarship from the National Merit Scholarship Competition which Tufts participated in.

2015