If you can get in here, go somewhere else.

November 2018 | CURRENT STUDENT

I've met lifelong friends here, academics are top notch, good location, food is good, nice campus, flexible study abroad

Tons of work, many people are very strange, no support for any sort of sports from administration, very poor career services - you really have to hustle on your own to get a good job, they DO NOT RECRUIT FROM TUFTS.

Comments

Really, if you're smart enough to get into Tufts, take a hard look at other schools on your list. I would have gone somewhere else.

Memorable 4 years

November 2015 | CURRENT STUDENT

My favorite thing about Tufts is definitely the people the university attracts. Everyone is very passionate about what they do and I learned more outside of the classroom than in.

Lack of diversity. Too many students come from the same background (white, prep school). It was rare to find other students from public high schools.

Comments

Coming to Tufts was the best decision I ever made.

Tufts review

October 2015 | CURRENT STUDENT

Engaged, Helpful professors
Dining hall food(good vegetarian options)
study abroad program

Distribution requirements
Slightly far from the city - suburban setting
Climbing up the hill everyday

Comments

Make sure your personality comes across strongly through your writing

Review of Tufts

August 2015 | CURRENT STUDENT

Great location, right outside of Boston. Super Close to Harvard and MIT. Great Size, good research Uni with liberal arts education. Great IR program.

Worst economics department and average student body. Average prestige and hard to find jobs in investment banking and consulting.

Comments

Extremely liberal and gay friendly. Sometimes too political correct, as expected.

Great undergrad experience

March 2015 | FORMER STUDENT

Bright, intellectual classmates. Engaged faculty. Good academic resources and support. Appreciate that it has a true "college" campus.

Location outside Boston is quite far, if you do not have a car.

Comments

Just go here. Make sure you participate in all the awesome clubs they have here.

Tufts has distribution requirements, which all students must complete. It is fairly easy to fulfill these requirements however, because they often overlap with classes required for one's specific major. The most extensive requirement is the language requirement, which involves 6 semesters of a foreign language (3 of which can be completed with a culture class). Class sizes are larger in intro classes, but are small in upper level classes. Professors are enthusiastic about their subjects and their students, and are easy to talk to. Professors will make time for students if office hours fall during your other class times.

Everyone I know is extremely happy with the quality of life at Tufts. Dining is amazing, the campus is perfect (not too urban, but close enough to downtown Boston), Tisch Library offers endless resources and has many desks for studying students.

Tufts had the most unique, creativity-inspiring application questions out of all the schools I applied to, and I applied to 12 other schools. I actually had fun writing the essays for Tufts because they allowed me to really be myself. I didn't feel like I had to be incredibly formal, as I felt with other schools. The interview process was extremely convenient and smooth. The admissions website is clear and informative. Overall, there was nothing about the admissions process which I would change.

There have been times where professors have actually come to me when I messed up on an exam. Classes can be hard. Yet professors are very open and are always there to help. Grading is also tough, but classes are very enjoyable. Class sizes are small which leads to great interaction amongst fellow classmates and the professor. I have yet to have a TA teach a class, and I just graduated. All classes I have had are taught by professors with terminal degrees in their respective fields. Students are very nice and often collaborate. The competitiveness that exists is on an individual level, not between students.

How can someone not feel happy at Tufts? It's a great school with friendly people, great resources, and a beautiful campus.

Tufts is a difficult school to get into. Prospective students not only have to be successful academically, but also really stand out in their essays.

Five distribution requirements, ten classes required for a major, some large classes but most classes under 50 people.

Many upperclassmen live off campus, houses are reasonably priced, dorms are lower quality but other facilities are very nice, the whole campus isn't wireless yet.

Unique application questions, essays, alumni interviews.

Academics are challenging, but not impossible. For a few general lecture classes (Bio 13, Intro to Psychology, etc.) the classes are large, but for the most part classes are below 25 and are very personal and discussion based. There are some general distribution requirements which are helpful in giving direction and very flexible. There are many ways to complete your general and major requirements. My academic advisor is very accessible and incredibly helpful. All of the professors are very dedicated to their work and excited to share with their students. Study abroad is highly suggested for all students, and Tufts does everything it can to make sure all students have this opportunity.

Housing is excellent and the campus is gorgeous. We have one main library that is in the center of campus and fulfills all library needs including very friendly staff. Tufts University Police Department is very diligent and the blue light safety system is used on campus. The Campus Safety is super friendly and sees that the safety of an inebriated student as much more important than legal consequences. Students often do community outreach and service in the surrounding area. With few exceptions, everybody at Tufts is so happy to be there and the social scene is always vibrant.

Common App was accepted and the supplement was very enjoyable. Alumni contact you for interviews and the financial aid office is very helpful.

Awesome supplemental app that allows you to showcase yourself creatively.