amazing

takes a while...

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

The common curriculum that all students must complete in addition to the course work for their major offers a wide variety of classes and ensures that the student gets course work in everything from the sciences to math to art to literature. I believe that this very liberal arts approach to a college education is indespensible for creating well-rounded students. Most class sizes (with the exception of courses like pre-med biology) are no larger than 30 and most common curriculum courses are fairly easy to get into whenever you want. Professors are extremely accessible. I have found that if you would like to find out about research or internship opportunities, professors are also extremely willing to sit down and talk to the student about how to reach his or her academic/research/internship goals. Trinity professors and the university itself are also really well connected and have a great deal of resources at their disposal to benefit the students.

Trinity requires that students live on campus for 3 years during their time at Trinity. Housing is wonderful and the meal plans are generous. I am moving off campus for my final year at Trinity, but I do not regret spending 3 years living on campus. My time living on campus made for wonderful opportunities to make friends and stay focused on my studies. Trinity's campus is also extremely well located from entertainment and shopping.

Trinity's admission process is conducted through the Common Application. The student has the choice to do an early decision/early action application or to do regular decision. As long as the student indicates that he/she would like financial assistance, and submits a FAFSA (for need-based assistance), Trinity is EXCELLENT about gathering scholarships, grants, subsidized and unsubsidized loans, and federal work study money for the student to either decline or accept.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

The classes and professors set very high standards and are available if you have quesitons. The classes are usually 6-20 people and so it is easy to get to know professors.

The dorms are really nice and the food is pretty decent. There is alot of social things to attend all the time.

There were essay questions and an option to go early decision/early action. Financial aid was very helpful and the reason I am able to attend Trinity.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

Every course is taught by a professor or person who at least has their masters, none of our classes are taught by TA's. Studying abroad is very common, a lot of students take advantage of it. There are a variety of required common curriculum courses, but only particular areas are required, with a substantial amount of options in each area. Grading is difficult. Workload is high, however it is manageable.

Spacious dorms, decent quality. Meal plans are required if you live on campus. library is top-notch. Crime occurs in the library, because it is open to the public (sexual harassment on occasion.) Everyone complains but it really isn't that bad to live on campus. School food is better than at other places.

I do not specifically recall everything about the admissions process, however I do know that the essay choices were flexible, and that I received a substantial amount of scholarships to attend. Additionally Financial Aid has been very helpful in supplementing the cost of attendance.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

Trinity has a three year housing requirment which really gives the school a tight nit sense of community

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

I could describe the amazing academics at my school in several paragraphs but I will try to summarize the most important points in a couple of sentences. First the class sizes and faculty ratio are essential to our learning experience. My biggest class is of 15 people and the smallest of 6. Trinity University's student to faculty ratio is 9-1. We, students, have access to full time professors (which 97% hold a PhD)the entire day. The vast resources Trinity provides its 2400 students enhances our learning experience since it is very personal and you have the opportunity to test your knowledge and learning. Classes are very demanding and grading is tough, but still classes are very rewarding and extremely interesting. Trinity posses notable faculty in most of its departments, especially in the Economics and Business departments. It has one economics teacher who is considered to be in the top 5 economists in America (Jorge Gonzalez). Regarding the study abroad opportunities, I believe that there is no other school that offers such broad and easy study abroad opportunities (a great study abroad department and personnel). Trinity is one of the unique schools where students can do study abroad over the weekend. From my personal experience, I traveled to Monterrey (Mexico) with a group of students and professors in a single weekend. We attend a Simposium at the Tecnologico de Monterrey. This trip is organized every single semester and by now more than 500 students have attended this program. I strongly believe that academics at Trinity University need to be recognized a lot more in a national level and deserves a much higher level of national prestige due to the excelence of the university.

It is amazing, everyone is so friendly and ready to help that they make you feel like if you are at home. The facilities are fantastic, the dorms are huge and neat. The campus as a whole is beautiful and perfect size fro 2500 students.

The application process for Trinity University included several questions, essayas, information; plus a common application. Although I was in the top 5 students in my class and an interntational student, getting a good scholarship is very competitive, however it is possible since Trinity has great scholarship opportunities for internationals. That is why almost every single international classmates at Trinity was the top students of its class or at least in the top 5. In order to take advantage of these scholarship opportunities it is a great idea to choose early decision or action due to the vast demand and competitiveness.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

It is a very small school, so classes average about 16 students to a professor. The university requires a certain amount of basic hours known as "Common Curriculum." This consists of categories such as "Cultural Understanding" and "Literary Arts." Major and minor requirements vary. Departments operate very independently and are able to give a great deal of attention to their majors. Classes are generally difficult and demanding, but the level of education provides a fair exchange. Professors must have a doctorate and tenured professors must be published. Over half the students study abroad and the program is incredibly well orchestrated.

Several deadlines are offered such as early decision and early action. Common Application is used and the school sends scholarship offers along with the acceptance letter. Scholarship is not separately applied for; it is determined through you transcript and test scores went in with the application.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

very good, small class sizes, nice student teacher ratio

good

Essay, short essays, early decision/ early action

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

Small class size. Strong, engaged faculty with diverse accomplishments and teaching styles.

Texas Common Application.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

The workload here is rigorous but very doable, the professors are definitely here to help you learn and to help you further your academic career. I have always felt that Trinity's Core Curriculum was an asset to the school because we come out well-rounded students and not just experts in our fields. The class sizes are intimate and you are never taught by a TA, only professors. I have found that there are a plethora of research opportunities here in campus, having participated in one for two years.

The housing on campus is great, I really like that we are guaranteed housing for all four years we are there. The dorms are some of the best in the country and I have no complaints about them. The food is really good too, a little expensive, but we have a meal plan anyway. The neighborhoods around Trinity are some of the best in the city (being from SA) and I feel like we do alot for the community. We have had some problems with crime in the past year or so but not anything life threatening.

It was easy to apply to Trinity, but it did require doing of essays and applications for admission and financial aid. The financial aid is AMAZING here, they really try to help in any way they can, it is the only reason I was able to afford an education like Trinity's.