UofA

November 2018 | CURRENT STUDENT

Great weather, some amazing professors and great options out of the medical business or engineering school.

Outside of those colleges they don't offer much help to students in the job search.

Comments

U of A is amazing, it's definitely got a superficial level to it, but if you find the right people you wont get sucked into it.

Satisfied

December 2017 | CURRENT STUDENT

Large diversity of programs and activities
Strong in research
Beautiful campus and friendly people

Not top ranked for B-school
Expensive (as most schools)
Lack of intellectual curiosity from many students

Comments

Focus your comparisons between UofA and other schools by looking into the specific department(s) that interest you.

I just recomend anyone to expect the heavy amount of homework. My advice is to get tutoring, such as going to the think tank or to instructors' offices hours.

Living on campus is expensive, that's why I live at home with my family. The library is easy to access and you do ot have to be a former U of A student to use the computers there.

The application process is straight forward, the only thing an applicant may get stuck at is writing a good personal statement. Students get the opportunity of receiving financial aid and even the Arizona Assurance Scholarship which covers about everything a student needs.

I enjoyed my major classes the most. My classes were small because my major was small, it was a close community in which we could rely on each other and gain support from our teachers.

I recommend living off campus at an apartment, that is not university owned because it is cheaper and there is more space.

I made the decision for my major before i attended college, the problem was finding the right college that offered my major. To apply for a college, fill out the application and all that is required for admittance to the college.

Professors are willing to help anybody with questions. They don't tolerate cheating.

Nice environment, people are friendly and everything looks in good shape and clean.

Upon applying to business school, you are required to submit a resume and a cover letter. A test is given about Business M ath and Accounting afterwards there is an interview of about two people asking questions about why you want to go to Business School. If you do well on both the test and the interview you get accepted or else they'll allow you to take the test a second chance and if still you do not pass it then that's it. You have to wait till next semester to reapply.

CALA is a great school because is ranked as one of the best in the nation.

As of right now my housing is not that expensive. What is expensive is all the supplies and materials that I am required to buy for architecture projects. I would say that I am very happy with my profession.

Admissions to the Pre-Arch year is less competitive than admissions to the professional phase. Pre-Arch year requirements are good SAT scores and a 3.0 GPA. On the other hand, admissions to the professional phase requires an exhibition of student's work throughout foundation studio for both semesters. A 3.0 GPA is required as well. Both grades for Arc 101 and Arc 102 are combined and are part of a percentage for admissions. Student's are quizzed on lecture readings. There are four important quizzes that count for 5% of admissions. Last but not least, students must complete english, math, and physics in order to apply for the professional phase.

2015

competitive learning environment, excellent teachers that are always willing to help students, some large classes (but that's offset by office hours and teacher availability outside of class), many study abroad opportunities

housing can sometimes be a hassle, but the university will usually work with you, cost of living is great, you can almost always get some kind of form of financial aid if you look for it!, the community of students is great, the university itself is extremely safe, and i wouldn't trade anything for the u of a

application (cover letter, resume, essay, letters of recommendation), interview, written test (must score at least 75%)

Haven't had any problems yet except in the general education classes. All science/engineering/math classes have been amazing.

I'm an engineering student. It is not really possible to rate my experience a 10 unless I didn't care about my grades.

Grades must be good. Essay.

128 credits needed to graduate with my degree (Electrical and Computer Engineering). Minoring in Mathematics, very easy as there is only a couple more math classes needed after the required ones. Advisor is great in ECE department. Classes, once up in the 300 level classes, are around 50 I'd guess. Expect mainly men of asian and middle-eastern descent. Grading has always been fair in my courses and with my professors... the workload is heavy but there are some weeks where I have hours of free time every day.. depends on your level of time-management. I have never stayed up past 11pm for a school project, bu then again I'm awesome.

In my opinion, the dorms sucked. Purely based on two reasons... 1, you have no privacy and 2, you have no kitchen. Oh yeah, and my random dorm mate was psycho and attempted suicide twice, so I had to get him kicked out (which seemed ridiculous... he should've been thrown out after the first attempt). But anyway, of course cost of living is high, universities don't care about your financial situation! Now live in apartments south of campus... not the prettiest looking neighborhood but the closeness of campus makes up for it. Also, the rec center here makes up for everything. So do the shawties...

The professors expect a lot out of the students in their classes, and will help those that need help the most only if those people come to them for help. they also have teaching assistants with them for the bigger classes which help a lot through the TA's experience and knowledge.

The dorms are surprisingly safe and comfortable from the RA's and the community director. the make it as comfortable as possible while keeping us safe. The cost of the dorm is far cheaper than living off campus, but is often referred to those who want a little more freedom. all in all the school life on campus is pretty good, by far.

They go by the GPA status of high school students, and use the entrance exams to determine if the student is eligible and where to put them on their admission to the University. Their financial aid helps those who don't have the funds to continue their studies as well as help from the staff themselves with tutoring and office hours.