It's not the best but not the worst

December 2015 | CURRENT STUDENT

My Friends that I've made really made me good about myself.

The floor could be nicer though. It could just be me, really. I don't know.

Comments

Don't look at the floor. Look up, it will be better.

I love Spelman

Spelman accepts Common Application but their regular application is intense and requires thoughtful essays and often interviews.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

Spelman has an application process similar to most schools. However, Spelman's essay question is distinctive.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

Have a compelling essay, apply early decision, take AP/Dual Enrollment courses, great letters of recommendation recommendation recommendation, and keep an open dialogue with admissions.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

Social Science Elective, P.E. Health ELective, Women's Studies, African Diaspora and the World, Basic Science Requirement. Biology Major: Population Biology, Organismal Biology, Physiology, Genetics, Immunology, Parasitology, Physics, Organic Chemistry, Genral Chemistry, Statistics all of which come with a lab. This is solely from a Biology major perspective. Other Majors are somewhat similar but not as rigorous

Don't remember anything but long essays. I can't recall the topic.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

Cost of living is somewhat expensive, however the experience is very much worth the money. We, along with other colleges in the AUC, use the library located on Clark Atlanta University's campus. There have not been any incidents of crime or safety issues on campus in the four years I have been here and students can agree that we feel generally very safe in this environment.

Spelman provides its applicants with essay questions that are unique to the institution and its values. Online applications are preferred over paper applications.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

Housing is nice however the housing staffs needs some work. Those who work in the main office are quite rude.

There is a standard application process that requires SAT and/or ACT scores. Also there are early decision, regualr decision and the common app. is accepted

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

There are general, major, and minor requirements. We also have exceptional research programs, various electives, and excellent study abroad programs. The class sizes are often small and teachers are able to give you one on one assistance.

Prospective students must fill out an application complete with a critical essay section, financial aid section, scholarship section, and scholarship opportunities either on the Spelman website or through the Common Application. Prospective students may choose between Early Action or Regular Decision.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

Academics at my school (especially in the sciences) is both excellent and rigorous. General requirements offer a diverse liberal arts background and major degree requirements give ample preparedness for life after Spelman. While research opportunities are few on campus, they are easy to find with perseverance. The workload is tough and can sometimes be stressful. Grading depends on the professor but overall is more stringent in the sciences than in liberal arts. Competitiveness is very high among students.

All awesome!

One unique question on the application was whether the applicant was related to any Spelman College alumnae. It led me to believe that legacy is very important here. There were early decision, early action and regular decision applications. The financial aid office was very open with meeting with applicants and provided me with a lot of assistance.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

Class sizes were small for me because my department (computer science) is small. Grading is pretty fair, the work load can be vigorous but the professors genuinely care for the welfare of their students. Research opportunities are abundant and Spelman actually encourages studying abroad.

There are barely any scholarship opportunities. When I applied you needed to complete an essay, but you were given the opportunity to apply using the standard application