- Located in dynamic Houston
- Extremely low student-teacher ratio and small class size
- More affordable than some other top schools
- Most selective
- Very hot and humid during some months
The Bottom Line
- Rice University is a well-regarded private institution in Houston, Texas, that gives students opportunities to expand their knowledge, hone skills and talents, and grow as individuals through its small classes, highly accessible faculty, and distinctive residential college system.
Rice is most selective, with a 17 percent admission rate.
Applicants must submit the Common Application and Rice Supplement,
school and midyear reports, official high school transcript, the
SAT and two Subject Tests or the ACT Writing test, and teacher
evaluation. The school has six...