General requirements and core classes cover nearly every college and allow for students to get a nice base for future classes. This also serves as a good opportunity for undecided students to dip their toes into different courses. Academic advising occurs once a semester by requirement, but students are certainly encouraged to go in and talk with their adviser from time to time. Class sizes are excellent, with a ratio of about 20:1. Professors are always available and encourage students to come and see them with questions, comments, concerns or to just get to know each other better. Should students choose it, they are welcome to approach faculty for research opportunities. Since class size is smaller, there is a sense of competitiveness among students. Grading can vary from college to college, but is generally the same across the university. Workloads can be large, but not usually unreasonably large. Study abroad opportunities are abundant and professors will work with students to ensure proper classes are taken and logical choices for classes are made.

Housing in the dorms is a little pricey, but the overall experience will make the cost well worth it. University apartments are very reasonable as well. Off campus housing options can become more expensive, but if living with roommates is very manageable. Campus is beautiful and has many areas for studying, playing frisbee and hanging out with friends. The campus facilities, such as work out centers and libraries are great. The library has plenty of study space for individuals and groups. The neighborhood is safe on campus, with public safety patrolling. If students choose to go off campus, it can become less safe because campus is in a very urban location.

There was early admission and regular admission. Applications were due in December and decisions were mailed out around the end of January. Scholarship award notices were sent out shortly after. There were also notifications of different scholarship opportunities and competitions for individual colleges. When I applied, I submitted previously written essays from high school because I chose to complete the application that was sent to me in the mail. Had I done a regular application, I would have needed to write additional essays.

Marquette does have a core studies requirements that includes Theology, English, Philosophy, etc. Professors are available along with TAs.

Marquette allows Common Application along with a specific Marquette application. Some students are also qualified for a special application that is less detailed. There are no early decision/early action at Marquette. Typically letters of acceptance are sent out mid-January.

Loads of general requirements must be completed before specialized degree requirements can be started

Library and food services are exceptional, and better than other universities I've attended

Essays

core curriculum

common app, free application

Marquette has a Core of Common Studies, which requires students to take a number of English, Science, Theology, Philosophy, History, and Literature courses during their undergraduate work. While taking those courses, students begin courses to fulfill their graduation requirements for their majors.

Freshmen and sophomores are required to live in the dorms and purchase meal plans. There are nine residence halls and seven dining halls. The area surrounding campus is primarily upper class-men housing. There is a high crime rate, but Marquette does its very best to keep all students safe. Overall, I'm happy living on campus.

There were separate essays required for the athletic training and physical therapy programs, each of which I applied and was accepted into.

Academics at Marquette are amazing. What I love about the school is that the class sizes are, for the most part, around 20-30 students. Although, I have had a few core classes that were around 150 students, but even in these classes the professors made it feel small. They accomplished this by encouraging participation and telling us that they were there for us if we needed any help. Grading is on a 4.0 scale (A, AB, B, BC, C etc.) some professors curve, but it all varies. Workload can be fairly heavy depending on what classes you are taking as well as how many. Marquette has a great study abroad program, and i'm sure that if there was a country I wanted to go to that wasn't offered they would find another college with a program I could join.

Marquette is located in downtown Milwaukee. Therefore, you have to deal with normal city living (e.g. poverty, crime). However, Marquette does a great job of protecting us. They notify us quickly and efficently (through email and/or text message) of any incidents. They also have equiped the campus with desk receptionists to prevent unwanted persons from entering dorms, blue light phones to use in emergency, safety patrol, and vans to drive you around campus at night. The dining is like any other college it could be better, yet they do try and provide us with a variety of places to choose from. The library is exceptional. They have thousands of books to use, and if for some reason they don't have your particular book they can get it from another university anywhere in the country. Cost of living is rather steep; however, financial aid does help a lot. Marquette has a firm standing in the community. Students here are known for their willingness to help anywhere anytime. We even have a few days devoted to service learning. For freshmen at orientation they have urban connection which is where I met my best friend, and then later in the year they have hunger clean up.

I filled out an advantage application online. This application was for students who had shown interest in the university previously. As far as I know the only difference between it and the regular application was the essay. I had the option of either writing a completely new essay or use an essay from high school. There were no interviews although we were told if we had any questions we were free to speak with a counselor. Something really nice about Marquette is they don't do rolling admissions. They collect all of the applications and then make a decision. This way everybody finds out if they got in at the same time, and no one who deserves to get in will be left out. As for financial aid and scholarships I feel that they do they best they can. However, I wish there were more scholarships for students who are coming from out of state and who did not attend jesuit highschools.

The faculty teach all of the classes and are required to have office hours each week. The average class size is in the mid-20s and gets smaller as the years go by. Research, study abroad, and clinical experience are all possibilities at Marquette.

At Marquette you are required to live in the dorms for two years and then you have the option to live in off-campus apartments. The dining plan is a good value. Campus is very safe as a result of a great public safety program.

The admission process included an applicaiton with an essay portion. Once you apply to Marquette you are automatically eligible for an academic-based scholarship.

Core classes and degree requirements specific to major/minor; avg class size of ~27

Safe campus in an urban environment. Great community

All the above

Awesome study abroad opportunities, but expensive- for most part still pay MU tuition abroad on top of travel costs. All students must complete university core classes, and then the core classes required within their particular college. The latter typically go toward your major in that college.

Dorms are pretty small, but a ton of fun and worth the sacrifice in space. You live off campus junior and senior year, but rent is expensive because it's downtown Milwaukee. Campus is beautiful, but the surrounding neighborhood is a bit sketchy. But downtown (which is nearby) is a ton of fun. Nice workout centers- we have two. And a beautiful library that gets crowded during finals and midterms, but otherwise for the most part you can always find a nice spot to sit and study.

Typical application process, give great scholarships based on academics.

Free Application, great scholarship opportunities.