Zarb School of Business

October 2017 | FORMER STUDENT

Great professors, interesting classes, great pipeline to professional world, great access to New York City.

I felt that, in some respects, the general education requirements were a waste of time and money.

Comments

Make sure to get involved in clubs and organizations relating to your major and future career. Also, make connections with some professors in your area of interest, they are immeasurably helpful.

Review of Hofstra University

June 2015 | FORMER STUDENT

Top notch professors and great location close to New York City

Area surrounding campus could be improved. Career center was not helpful.

Comments

Visit the campus and tour the school before you commit. Overall great school

Review

March 2015 | FORMER STUDENT

Location and professors were uppers for me at Hofstra University.

Food and course offerings were downers for me at Hofstra University.

Comments

Students should understand the uppers and downers fo attending this school.

Good.

Amazing, I never want to go home!

The admissions team is helpful and informative!

Hofstra's class sizes are just right - I have never had a class with more than 40 students in it. I once even had a class with only 3 students in it. This is really great because it really makes the classes more personal and creates a better connection with your professors. All of the classes are taught by professors, not teaching assistants which is another huge benefit. As a biology major, we have awesome research opportunities. For a bachelor of science I am required to do research with one of the professors in the biology department for my entire senior year. This research is a great opportunity because it let's you in on studies that your professors are actually taking part in currently. The hands on experience is great, and will look very nice on my resume once I graduate.

There are so many housing options on campus, it is hard to choose. I have lived in all first-year suites, upperclassmen suites and currently a single room in one of the towers, and I loved every single one for different reasons. In the suites it was great having your roommates around all the time and your own bathroom, but I also love the privacy of my single room. Our library is HUGE, with tons of study rooms/areas all throughout that are available all the time. They are really useful when it comes time to study and you can't focus in your dorm.

Students at Hofstra have courses that they are required to take to satisfy their major and general courses that satisfy university requirements. Class sizes are very small at Hofstra making it easy for students to ask their professors for assistance in the course and gives professors the opportunity to really connect with their students. Hofstra offers many different study abroad programs to many different countries during the typical Fall and Spring Semesters, but also during the January and 3 Summer Semesters.

Living on-campus at Hofstra University is an amazing experience. The dorms at Hofstra are well-maintained and are constantly being renovated. The surrounding area is very urban, as there are countless amounts of locations for shopping, dining, and the like.

Students wishing to apply to Hofstra University are asked to apply using the Common Application along with a supplemental application. Students have the option of applying early decision which shows that they are truly passionate and interested in the university. Upon visiting Hofstra University, prospective students can attend an information and campus tour, meet with an admissions counselor, or attend a class with a current Hofstra student via the "Up-Close Program." Hofstra offers a ton of options for financial aid and offers generous scholarships as well.

lot of general requirements, very structured programs. However, structured to work well. faculty are AMAZING and exceptional at what they do.

housing is fabulous. rooms are huge and the resources available are endless. dining is good for a college and offers a ton of choices, but compared to the amazing restaurants (especially Italian) in the local area and in NYC, it could be better. the administration is very receptive to student feedback and they are constantly making changes according to what the students want and asking ways to continually make our experience better.

common application, early action, rolling admissions, financial aid and ample scholarships through regular application

You need to take certain classes in order to graduate but they vary due to your major and things. Advisement is often available to help you out with whatever you need and by the time you graduate, you will have at least two advisors, one general and one for your major.

Housing is somewhat costly but there are ways to get around it. Living on campus is definitely the better choice because you have a chance to live the college experience much more so than if you live off-campus or commute.

I did the entire application on the Common App. It made it a lot easier than having to fill out a personal essay and things like that specifically for Hofstra.

small class size (avg 22), very accessible professors, strict major requirements for music majors, very good with accepting ap credits, lots of choice with distribution classes

cost is pricey, rooms are a good size, good food, good library, a bit of a sketchy surrounding area. very happy with my life on campus

short supplement essays, optional interview, common app, fafsa, early action and rolling admission

Really good professors. Wide variety of classes, all at varying difficulties. Many opportunities available both in America and around the world.

Living on campus has been really good. The cost to for housing is a little expensive for what we get. The food is also extremely over priced.