Binghamton University School of Management

October 2015 | CURRENT STUDENT

A lot of opportunities for employment.
School of Management is very competitive.
There are many events and workshops designed to help students professional development.

Most of the on campus career opportunities are mainly for accounting and finance students.

Comments

Make sure you work hard from the beginning in order to have a competitive resume by the time you are a junior.

The academics are very well set up in my opinion. There are a vast amount of options to fulfill general education requirements, and professors are always available through office hours and after class if anything needs to be discussed. The workload is adequate in my opinion, as students can take courses knowing what type of commitment and work level they are getting themselves into. I have heard great things about the study abroad program and I hope to become involved in it in the future.

I cannot complain about the housing or cost of living at Binghamton. The facilities and libraries are very well maintained and always have adequate resources to utilize. I have never once felt unsafe walking around campus, even at night, and I am always happy when I am at school.

The application process was the same. There is a special scholar program in the business school called PWC scholars, which offers job opportunities and scholarships.

Very well-rounded courseload, i liked the fact that we were required to take classes in areas outside of our majors. Also, within my major (Marketing), there were a plethora of classes to choose from, if only I had more time I would have loved to take more. Class size were very large my first two years during popular intro classes, but gradually became much smaller as the classes became more advanced. The school was competitve, but not from student to student. It was competitive in the way that students and faculty were united in making Binghamton University a great school to compete with the top Universities in the nation. Accessibility of faculty , staff and advising was tremendous, a true testimanent that teh University cares about its students. I made great relationships with professors, advisors, and general staff around the University through my involvement over my four years.

I lived two years in a dorm, one year in an on-campus apartment, and one year in an off-campus house. Where to begin, everything was fantastic, food, quality of life, living style, and it's only getting better. I can't wait to see even more improvements in the years to come.

I remember the application being simpler than most other schools i applied to. I asked for a regular decision and was excited to be accepted, I attended a Binghamton meet-up for accepted students near me at a hotel in a neighboring town. Binghamton really made an effort to show that they wanted me to go there.

As a top tier state school, the academic quality is excellent. There are 9 core general eduaction requirements that help provide an interesting outlook and a some good life skills. There are plenty of research opportunities as well as study abroad options. The student body overall is extermely intelligent and definitely more collaborative than competitive.

One of my favorite aspects of Binghamton University is the residential life - especially as an underclassmen. There are five unique residential communities with their own dining halls that help make a midsize school feel smaller when necessary. The surrounding city of Binghamton is relatively safe and is slowly growing into a college town with more and more student housing moving into the city.

The admissions process is pretty standard with an option for early action. Most scholarships are need based and any academic performance based scholarships come after a year or so of attendance at BU.

Some is common sense and partly boring, most is interesting and good for future knowledge

I cant complain it has been a great experience with everthing

It was very simple. Applied, waited and recieved an answer within a resonible time

In terms of cost benefit analysis, it is bar none one of the best options out there. That said, it's a bit of a time encapsulated experience, in which the latest technology and modern practices or facilities are not really at students disposal.

2008

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

There are SUNY general education requirements, and each major requires about ten classes in the department, and then many others to supplement the major from other departments. One hundred level courses are usually large, but upper level courses are definitely smaller. Professors are very accessible through office hours and emails and research opportunities are available to students who want to participate. As a math major, I have a large workload. As a rule of thumb, my math classes say to do three hours of work outside of class for every hour in class.

I am extremely happy at Binghamton. I love living on campus. Each residence community is a small college within a large University. There are computer centers in each dorm, the library is a five minute walk away, each dorm has its own dining hall, and I feel extremely safe. I could not be happier!

The admissions process when I applied was very selective. There was early action and regular decision. I used the common application, but one could also use the SUNY application.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

I think the course in this university is a little bit hard.

First of all,Applicants should finish an online application.It includes any detail information of yours, and then,an essay required to finish application.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

Clearly defined major degree requirements, academic advising always available, small core class sizes, easy accessibility of professors and ample amounts of research opportunities, high competitiveness, subjective/fair grading, notable faculty, easy and related study abroad opportunities, and a manageable workload.

Great housing, exceptionally low cost of living, manageable sized campus, high end facilities, fantastic library, many dining options, nice neighborhood, good community relations, no crime and much safety, overall high level of happiness

Early Action preferred, Common Application accepted, little financial aid for merit - majority receive for income purposes, hard for out of state students to get in

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

There are tons of classes to choose from. As a freshman, many of my classes were large lectures rather than smaller classes, though I did have one. The lecture hall classes really are not too much of an adjustment. There are three large screens that project all of the notes, so it is pretty easy to follow along. The general requirement classes are almost always large lectures, and you interact much more with your assigned Teacher's Assistant than with the actual professor (unless you go to office hours). The only problem with the Gen Ed classes is how much ground they have to cover, leaving you with tons of information to memorize.

I absolutely love my dorm. It is enormous, air-conditioned and heated, I have two bathrooms in my suite that I share with 5 other girls (they get cleaned every week). My dorm is a little out of the way, but it is absolutely worth it. The cost of living is so low compared to my friends at other schools who are pursuing the same degree and enjoying their time just as much. I really like the dining hall food a lot, even though because I am a vegetarian, there are limited options for me. Campus police are always driving around, and there are blue lights located all around campus, under which is a phone that will call 911 if you are ever in trouble. I am extremely happy here at Binghamton, and am dreading leaving for the summer.

The application was pretty basic. An essay was required and was given with a few suggested topics, but one of the options was to write about anything you wanted, so I did. Financial aid isn't very helpful; at least not for me, though I could definitely use it. I got in using early action.