Great Place for Biochem Research

April 2018 | FORMER STUDENT

I loved being a part of cutting-edge research at BioDesign, where I worked as a student researcher during undergrad. I can't imagine a better place for undergraduates to get involved in cutting-edge biotech research.

I wish the undergraduate program had a better reputation--it deserves a better reputation than it has.

Comments

The school is highly stratified, with the students at the Barrett Honors College and several other specialized programs in engineering and business getting the equivalent of an Ivy league education and the students admitted to the standard program getting a fairly basic education. As a Barrett Honors grad, I had a small-college experience with the resources that a large school like ASU provides, such as access to cutting edge research programs and a dizzying array of interesting course options (many of which have a supplemental curriculum available for honors students to get more out of the class).

Amazing

March 2016 | CURRENT STUDENT

Great place to study and advance your goals of being great.

Terrible place for advancing your determined goals of being terrible.

Comments

Great place for discovering additional information to become an addition to information.

Arizona State

December 2015 | CURRENT STUDENT

A large school with a plethora of ethnic variety, a rapidly rising reputation and countless alumni for networking opportunities.

The school has a reputation of being a party school, because of it the general public may not think highly of the school's name.

Comments

If you are coming to party, consider looking elsewhere as the school is taking great measures to control the party scene. If you are coming for an education, look no further as ASU is truly a place where you get out what you put in. The opportunities can be endless.

The diversity of ASU yields significant benefit for students.

November 2015 | CURRENT STUDENT

The atmosphere and campus layout provides for a relaxed setting. Also the college hosts a number of great programs that provide great insight into various cultures and personal development.

Certain classes were too easy for an international student from Europe, would recommend higher standard for students.

Comments

Research the program well and make the most of the college. I had the best year of my life studying there as an international and was very jealous of those being allowed to stay for their full degree.

Gets You Where You Need To Go

October 2015 | FORMER STUDENT

Large selection of classes, very large integration of online classes, relatively inexpensive tuition. Lots of clubs and a large variety of opportunities. Social life is obviously abundant. Relative location to Phoenix allows for lots of opportunities for internships and jobs while in school. Relatively good location to travel from. Very active attempts to promote integration into programs and extensive advising for freshman. ASU also has a relatively simple class registration system and it's easy to get information about graduation requirements.

Size is also a downside to some regards, quality and dependability of fellow students' contributions can be a downside in certain class setting. Hasn't integrated the usage of student ID cards well and their dependence on integrating with a particular bank only made that harder, my graduate institution and those of others I've spoken to is much more intuitive. Financial aid and student assistance is poorly communicated - they don't typically make students aware that if they or their parent is rejected for a PLUS loan, they can access the full Stafford amount, which is actually a big deal given the COA. Also don't provide (or at least didn't provide) other assistance like short-term emergency loans, book loans, etc. which I've seen at other institutions. Prestige just generally isn't that high academically, definitely carries a "party school" reputation.

Comments

I've come to think more and more that while a bachelor's degree is necessary, a post-secondary degree is generally even more and more necessary. In that regard, I think ASU is a GREAT school to attend for undergrad. There's a variety of opportunities and experiences available and it's generally a great place to go have fun when you're 18-22, and with a decent amount of work, emerge with a solid enough GPA to get to grad school. That being said, for some very specific programs/careers, prestige may matter, and that is where ASU does lag.

Great inexpensive school with great weather

October 2015 | FORMER STUDENT

Diversity, weather, cost of living, hot girls, fun, lots to do, tons of programs

Undergrad was only 4 years and the party reputation is not the easiest thing to talk about.

Comments

Because it is such a large campus, lots of programs, stuff to do, amazing weather and cost of living

prerequisite courses, essays, letters of recommendation, application process and minimum 3.3 GPA

Application process, scholarship opportunities must usually be applied for separately.

Quality of life at my school is great. I love living in the downtown community because it really does feel like a home away from home. Everything is there when you need it and so easy to get to.

Admission process to my college is pretty rigorous. After completing the priority classes, one must apply to the Nursing School and take the MCATS.

Always something to do.