EA Internship/Co-op Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #19 Best Overall Internships

Its in the game!

The fact that I was able to take charge of an entire feature on a AAA game even this late in the production cycle and actually was able to complete most of it. Enough so that I will be credited on the game launch!

The stay/relocation, though compensated for was quite a bit of a hassle to finalize, find, do up, etc.

Be ready to be on a schedule as you would a full time job and not a simple internship.

Advice to Management

I believe some class based training for all interns together would have helped nourish friendships and also gotten us used to the internal systems in a smoother manner than now.

Date: 2013

Get paid to learn more in 3 months than you did after 3 years of expensive schooling.

Learning more in less than 3 months than I have in the last 3 years of college and getting paid for it! Getting to work with a group of amazing and talented people who all love their job. Having the opportunity to get real world experience in the industry and getting to work on something that is enjoyed by millions of people around the world.

That it wasn't longer!

Everyone here is hard-working and respectful when it comes to the job, but is also relaxed and fun. I have never before worked somewhere where everyone loves what they do and has all the fun in the world doing it.

Date: 2013

I'm glad I took the chance of coming out to EA SPORTS - Tiburon. What a positive experience! Great people!

The team I am working on has been welcoming, and everyone here is so nice. The work I have been doing has been enjoyable and fun. I love the hours, too. Also, Julie Ghata and Shawnna Adamson have set up an amazing internship here in Orlando. Fantastic intern team bonding experiences!

The only real con that I can list is that it didn't seem that the team knew when I was coming in/when my start date was. However, that was fixed quickly. The location. This is not really a con that can be addressed. I just missed my family and California and the weather/climate on the west coast. There have been no chilly nights in the Florida summer.

I have only had positive experiences at work. Don't hesitate to jump on this opportunity!

Advice to Management

Set reminders for when your intern is going to show up, so hopefully it's not a surprise. Ha!

Date: 2013

Great learning environment with a fun community and sporting events to give you a break.

Chance to work with various partners around the world and provide them with data and learn more about what co-workers do. Learn more about the organization as a whole and how it functions. The community was great and being able to engage in extracurricular activities during the workday (soccer, volleyball etc.) made coming to work fun.

Sometimes difficult to communicate clearly with partners who are in other countries including the issue of time difference. Not being able to meet the people I am interacting with on a daily or weekly basis.

Depending on your role, hours can be flexible or could be long hours when there is a release about to go out. If you love the company and the games, and love a great/sporting community then you'd like this company.

Advice to Management

Professionalism training. Just general small things about what is and isn't appropriate at work. Also increase the amount of women throughout the company.

Date: 2013

I should get hired here because I'm awesome and need to pay off my student loans. And EA is fantastic.

I've never met anyone at EA who wasn't a complete pleasure to work with. Everyone is extremely nice, extremely friendly, and very ready and willing to help. I have received mentorship from a variety of people holding many different positions in the company, and I've learned tons from all of them. EA is a place where I can continually learn new and exciting things, and because EA plays a critical role in the gaming industry and is on the cutting edge of gaming technologies, I feel like my knowledge and skills here will always be valuable in a modern market. Also, EA is progressive in it's views towards gender and sexuality issues, so it's a company that I'm proud to work at. I feel well-accepted here. Also, the University Relations team is top-notch, and they work really REALLY hard to make sure that each intern has an awesome experience here.

I have no complaints. Maybe I wish Redwood City (EA's headquarters' location) wasn't such a long train ride from where I live in SF, but that commute is SO EASY so it's basically the lamest complaint ever.

Be sure to reach out to your team for learning and networking opportunities. If there's anyone you'd like to talk to, maybe someone in a particular department that you're interested in, or someone with a skill set that interests you, you can definitely speak with such a person. Everyone here wants to help, you just have to ask for it.

Advice to Management

EA is really good about paying interns and making the transition between school and work really smooth. Personally I haven't had any gaps in my experience that could use filling.

EA Gives You Freedom, But Demands Perfection

Being able to decide the course of my projects and building a studio for this branch.

Since I was the beginning of an initiative here, I don't get to be around for the more fun bits.

Constantly update you're superiors, make sure everyone relevant knows what you are doing.

STUDENT FIXES BUGS

Beer on fridays, cool atmosphere

Unchallenging work

EA has a bad reputation and doesn't live up to it. It's a pretty fantastic place to work.