EA Internship/Co-op Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #19 Best Overall Internships

Accessible but challenging internship immerses interns in the gaming industry and provides valuable real-world skills
Orlando, FL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

There's no dress code, the hours are flexible, the work is relevant and actually goes in to the game. Interns are always managed so that they are challenged but not overly stressed out. The intern culture is cool too, and we often get to have team building events outside the studio to learn more about the city and enjoy our stay.

It took a lot of time to get my machine and initial permissions set up, even though my managers had already mapped out much of the work I might be doing.

Love games, and if even if you aren't a gamer per se, play the games you might end up working on before you start. It will help prepare you and keep everything in perspective. Brand yourself too, have a website to show off your work if possible

Advice to Management

It takes a week or two just to get a machine setup sometimes, and that's already potentially a 5th of the internship. It's only a problem because I enjoy the work so much though!

Great learning environment with a fun community and sporting events to give you a break.
Vancouver | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Chance to work with various partners around the world and provide them with data and learn more about what co-workers do. Learn more about the organization as a whole and how it functions. The community was great and being able to engage in extracurricular activities during the workday (soccer, volleyball etc.) made coming to work fun.

Sometimes difficult to communicate clearly with partners who are in other countries including the issue of time difference. Not being able to meet the people I am interacting with on a daily or weekly basis.

Depending on your role, hours can be flexible or could be long hours when there is a release about to go out. If you love the company and the games, and love a great/sporting community then you'd like this company.

Advice to Management

Professionalism training. Just general small things about what is and isn't appropriate at work. Also increase the amount of women throughout the company.

I'm glad I took the chance of coming out to EA SPORTS - Tiburon. What a positive experience! Great people!
Orlando, FL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The team I am working on has been welcoming, and everyone here is so nice. The work I have been doing has been enjoyable and fun. I love the hours, too. Also, Julie Ghata and Shawnna Adamson have set up an amazing internship here in Orlando. Fantastic intern team bonding experiences!

The only real con that I can list is that it didn't seem that the team knew when I was coming in/when my start date was. However, that was fixed quickly.

The location. This is not really a con that can be addressed. I just missed my family and California and the weather/climate on the west coast. There have been no chilly nights in the Florida summer.

I have only had positive experiences at work. Don't hesitate to jump on this opportunity!

Advice to Management

Set reminders for when your intern is going to show up, so hopefully it's not a surprise. Ha!

A great experience working on a variety of different projects in an incredible environment with very smart people
San Francisco, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was challenged with a lot of different tasks that put me in situations that I was unfamiliar with. It pushed me to grow a a worker and expand my knowledge. I was also given guidance and help whenever it was needed.

That at times I felt I was more capable than the projects I was given

I would recommend applying to a position at EA to anyone who is interested. It was a very rewarding experience and I am very grateful to be given to opportunity to work here for a summer.

Supporting core game teams with various web software solutions
Vancouver | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning more about web technology, gaining insight into the gaming industry from a central role. Team members and employees outside the team had great attitudes, were very willing to help and were usually very energetic.

More training about specific architectures I am dealing with would have been useful.

Highly advised that you enjoy video games (would make a good team fit). Be sure to ask plenty of questions, if you have ideas then suggest them. My team was very open to new ideas.

Advice to Management

Employee turnover appears high. Many temporary contractors were present to take on extra work during a busy time of the year, suggesting a large volume of long-term, skillful workers is not retained.

Get paid to learn more in 3 months than you did after 3 years of expensive schooling.
Orlando, FL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning more in less than 3 months than I have in the last 3 years of college and getting paid for it! Getting to work with a group of amazing and talented people who all love their job. Having the opportunity to get real world experience in the industry and getting to work on something that is enjoyed by millions of people around the world.

That it wasn't longer!

Everyone here is hard-working and respectful when it comes to the job, but is also relaxed and fun. I have never before worked somewhere where everyone loves what they do and has all the fun in the world doing it.

EA Gives You Freedom, But Demands Perfection
Austin, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to decide the course of my projects and building a studio for this branch.

Since I was the beginning of an initiative here, I don't get to be around for the more fun bits.

Constantly update you're superiors, make sure everyone relevant knows what you are doing.

I should get hired here because I'm awesome and need to pay off my student loans. And EA is fantastic.
San Francisco, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I've never met anyone at EA who wasn't a complete pleasure to work with. Everyone is extremely nice, extremely friendly, and very ready and willing to help. I have received mentorship from a variety of people holding many different positions in the company, and I've learned tons from all of them. EA is a place where I can continually learn new and exciting things, and because EA plays a critical role in the gaming industry and is on the cutting edge of gaming technologies, I feel like my knowledge and skills here will always be valuable in a modern market. Also, EA is progressive in it's views towards gender and sexuality issues, so it's a company that I'm proud to work at. I feel well-accepted here. Also, the University Relations team is top-notch, and they work really REALLY hard to make sure that each intern has an awesome experience here.

I have no complaints. Maybe I wish Redwood City (EA's headquarters' location) wasn't such a long train ride from where I live in SF, but that commute is SO EASY so it's basically the lamest complaint ever.

Be sure to reach out to your team for learning and networking opportunities. If there's anyone you'd like to talk to, maybe someone in a particular department that you're interested in, or someone with a skill set that interests you, you can definitely speak with such a person. Everyone here wants to help, you just have to ask for it.

Advice to Management

EA is really good about paying interns and making the transition between school and work really smooth. Personally I haven't had any gaps in my experience that could use filling.

STUDENT FIXES BUGS
Vancouver | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Beer on fridays, cool atmosphere

Unchallenging work

EA has a bad reputation and doesn't live up to it. It's a pretty fantastic place to work.

Capture Queen inaugarated! Send her your requests!!
Orlando, FL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I felt very very useful, that was really nice. I also learned how a big company works and saw and worked with a huge codebase.

I feel like I didn't learn much coding/engineering. I learned how to use software to take captures, but after I learned how to use it, it was pretty boring work.

The pay is great, the people are nice enough, and aside from it being in Orlando, it's really not bad. Don't let the bad reputation fool you, it's not a bad place to work.

Advice to Management

Some more training and some less hours would be nice. We as interns weren't hit with the long hours so much, and we are in alpha, so I don't know what it's like the rest of the year, but there are coworkers I overheard talking about getting out of here at 1 in the morning, or later. Though that could just be a reflection on their priorities, because my lead is VERY busy, but just comes in early (7 or 8) and then leaves at a normal time.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)