EA Internship/Co-op Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #46 Best Overall Internships

4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 54 Intern Reviews)

An amazing experience where I learned a lot about the industry
Redwood City, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were how interactive the internship was as well as how much we felt as though we were truly part of the EA community.

It was difficult to enter a project at such a crucial time and sometime we didn't always feel needed or useful

Working here was an amazing experience that anyone would be lucky to have.

What would you do if you were a leader of a group project and one of the people in the group wasn't doing their work?

Why do you want to work at EA?

What would you improve on the game?

Advice to Management

One thing that would have been great would have been to retain the money that the company would have spent had I not found my own place to live.

Planning the future of video game market
Redwood City, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone in the company is very nice and the atmosphere was very chill - people love video games and share the same passion. The tasks are very interesting and rewarding

EA's recruitment schedule just doesn't make sense - they were unable to tell me whether they will have an opening for me by the end of the internship, and their recruitment schedule doesn't even match up with university OCRs - people just plan for next year's human resources much later in the year.

Also, as a big company, different sectors can be very fragmented, resulting in difficulty in obtaining data.

If you love video games, come here and you'll live very happily every day because you will click with the people very well. It's a really cool industry to work in.

Where do you think the gaming industry is going and what's the general trend?

Advice to Management

There can be more social hours for people to actually play games together.

Fantastic Animation Internship
Orlando, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The biggest reason my internship was so successful, was because of my mentor. He had several years of experience, and was a great teacher. He taught me a lot in such a short span of time. The HR was nice too. She was friendly and fun. The other interns and the senior animators were super friendly too.

Most others complained about how the computer, softwares, consoles, etc. were not fully set up by the time the internship began. That didn't really bother me much, though.

The junior animators weren't too welcoming. They preferred to keep to themselves. It's okay. They were contractors, so they were always busy worrying about their future prospects.

I think that the internship at EA was very rewarding. I was able to live my dream of animating, as a part of a big production team. I learnt much more than I had expected. As long as your mentor is good, you will have a great time.

My interview was great. I had a long telephonic conversation with the art director, whose work I had always admired before.

Advice to Management

Please value the talent of the people working for you. Most of the incredibly gifted artists that I met there, were being very restricted in what they could do. They were capable of so much, but didn't seem to have the freedom to fully spread their wings. Please talk to the artists directly. I hardly saw the senior-most managers interact with artists. It's probably one of the drawbacks of being a big company (with a huge hierarchy), but it can be worked around. Just my observation.

I had a great internship. It was fascinating! No complaints.

A great time with tons of challenges and opportunities to make the game great.

Working with awesome people

Being given the opportunities I was given

Alpha hours (but it's an expected thing within the industry).

Insure that your manager is flexible and kind. Insure that you're surrounding yourself with great people.

What's the game you like the most and what do you see is wrong with it? Furthermore, tell me how you'd improve what's wrong with it?

Can you expand on your opinion of what makes a great user experience in a video game?

Can you expand a bit on a tough task and how you got through it on a project you've had in the past?

Advice to Management

It would be super awesome if you could actually guarantee a job, but given how the industry works I understand why you cannot. Other than that, no additional feedback or advice.

Great work culture, excellent minds in the organization
Austin, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

learning opportunity in the area i worked with other areas too

nothing i could think on which i least liked. The only cons i can think is its relocation amount and not providing any housing facility.

This company has best working culture. I really had blast throughout the internship. Team is good. people are so cool with great minds. People knows their jobs so well yet they are cool in attitude, That was the best experience i can get.

Advice to Management

i only have complain with the compensation in terms of relocation and housing and daily commute transportation.

Learning to work in real world with constant supply of knowledge and fun.
Orlando, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunity to work with industry veterans and getting treated as regular employee.

Only one I can think of is that the timing coincided with gen4 launch and that everyone busy for initial couple of weeks so they could hardly give me any tasks other than helping out others.

If you think you can contribute here, then it is really a fun place to work at. The culture is just amazing.

Write a skeleton class of monopoly game on white board.

Advice to Management

I think people who managed me or helped me during my time as intern were great. So I don't have anything to say here.

Fast-paced internship is an incredible learning opportunity for the gaming industry and software development in general
Orlando, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

You get to work on real features of the game, and you gain experience working with a large team and a large code base. Everyone is very friendly, and happy to give you advice or answer questions.

At times the workload was inconsistent - sometimes lots to do, sometimes lots of downtime

It was a great experience, and you should go for it! I learned a lot, not just about games, but about software development and business in general. Even if I don't stay in the gaming industry, I will still be using what I learned from this internship. If you do apply to Tiburon (EA Sports), it helps if you are a sports fan.

Learned a lot, Contributed a lot
Redwood City, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with such a varied team

Working on such an exciting project

Developing new skills and improving existing ones

Location was changed on us after we had already started renting

Make sure that you enjoy what you are doing.

Student Receives Life Altering Internship.
Austin, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to create extensive portfolio pieces, some of which actually appeared in game. Networking was a huge plus, and being able to break into the industry at such a young age was a blessing. The pay was great and the work place was very friendly and welcoming.

For internships that lead into full time jobs, you're kind of locked down into whatever role you took as an intern. If you applied for a position because you thought it might interest you but you weren't sure, and were offered a fulltime position afterward, your chance at experimenting in other roles becomes limited.

EA was absolutely INCREDIBLE to work with. The people were great, the benefits were amazing, and two outcomes are possible. Either a) you get a fulltime offer and you break into an industry only a select few do or b) you don't get an offer but you walk way with an incredible portfolio. That being said, the industry is very small and everyone knows everyone so go in with a positive attitude and willing to work your hardest so you can stay in this wonderful industry for life. The people you work with now you will most likely work with again at some point in the future.

I was asked about my educational background and how it could positively affect the role I was applying for. I was also given some scenarios and asked to come up with a design solution.

Advice to Management

More formal training would have been nice, or the opportunity to receive training or attend outside of work events (launch parties, conventions, etc.)

Awesome experience, and was lucky enough to work with a great team that truly helped me integrate with the company.
Redwood City, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The team I worked with was the best highlight of the internship. They made the entire experience worth it.

The grunt/busy work I was assigned to do on occasion was tiresome but did not deter from overall experience.

Make sure to be placed on a team of people you feel a good connection with. They will make a huge difference in how your internship turns out.

1. How to increase engagement on Facebook social channel? What metrics do you look at to determine success?

2. How important is marketing to the gaming industry/how much does it impact?

3. Name a time when everyone on the team was against your opinion as a lead, and how did you handle it?

Advice to Management

More clarification on receiving future full-time offers by notifying us of openings (help increase intern retention).