APCO Worldwide North America Internships

College student works with high-level individuals at Public Relations Firm
Washington, DC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to meet such high-level individuals such as ex-ambassadors and congressman. The opportunity of working in the CEO's office allowed me to meet some very influential and interesting people. The work, for the most part, was engaging and interesting and not simply "intern-type" tasks.

Unstable stream of work. When CEO was out work was slow but when she was back, workload increased exponentially.

Go out of your way to meet as many people as you can. Those connections are easy to make and are priceless.

Get paid to do what you love in a fantastic environment.
Washington, DC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Case Study Competition, Pitch Competition, helpful coworkers, amazing environment, constructive feedback

lack of direction, littler interaction with other interns

Do not be afraid to ask questions, everyone is always willing to make an effort to assist you. Also, proofread everything.

Awesome summer, learned so much. It was such a great opportunity because APCO allows interns to get experience in all parts of the industry
Washington, DC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

They allowed us to work on clients, and do things of importance. They utilized us and treated us as if we were fellow employees, which not only made me feel important but it made me feel empowered. They encouraged us to get involved and I really really liked that. The pitch competition was amazing, it allowed us each to acquire skills that are required in the PR industry. I also really enjoyed how the intern positions are all different. You have two or three other interns you work with in your department. This created a very healthy environment between the interns. It would be only natural to see each other as competition, but there was no room for it because we were all working on entirely different projects and clients.

Honestly, cannot think of anything at the moment. Sorry!! I loved everything about it.

Get your hands on as many projects as you can! The more experience the better.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)