APCO Worldwide North America Internships

Learned so much about the industry and gained so much great work experience
Washington, DC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The other interns and the attention and respect given to you by your superiors. I also really enjoyed the wide variety of assignments given to interns and the amount of trust interns could earn by completing high quality work.

They pay could have been more competitive.

APCO is a great company to work for and interning there is an awesome experience even if you are not a PR major. Everyone is very intelligent and will teach you the ropes. Don't be afraid to ask questions about the job and demonstrate your interest in the position.

Advice to Management

I would maybe have more intern bonding activities and APCO sponsored ways for us to get to know eachother.

Strategic learning opportunity with a top tier firm
Washington, DC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working on real client work that was valued and utilized

Nothing stood out

Strong communication, writing and ability to work on a deadline is essential.

Advice to Management

For a duration of the program, there were two high school students participating in the internship. They were paid $10 an hour. However, college and graduate students were being paid $11 per hour. I think the difference should be considered.

Interesting work, good pay, and an enjoyable experience.
Washington, DC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Friendly co-workers, interesting assignments, and exciting networking opportunities.

Unclear paths to full-time opportunities.

This is a very hardworking an energetic team that pools resources from across the company for any given project.

Advice to Management

Interns could use updated computers.

Learning by doing: Everyday APCO
Washington, DC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Fast paced environment, independence, availability and variety of assignments, valuable insight into the PR industry

The work environment is so large and hectic that the experience doesn't feel as "personal" as I might have liked.

Be able to think on your feet and always stay tuned into current events/the topics you follow in the media for clients, maintain organization and strong attention to detail in your work

Advice to Management

Provide more meaningful interactions/shadowing opportunities with senior-level management, be open to collaboration/insight from interns on some assignments, avoid pressuring interns into working overtime without compensation (make overtime pay policy more accessible for use)

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)