Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #8 Best Engineering Internships

Date: 2013

It exposed me to an industrial environment. helped me to understand how research and development is carried out in biotech/ pharma.

The people are friendly and the offices are good

The commute to and for. also expected to learn more skills.

Regeneron provides good opportunities to interns to get a real job experience

Date: 2013

A company that cares more about what you can learn from them than what they can get out of you.

As stated in the headline, many opportunities were presented to learn about the company and the whole biopharmaceutical process as a whole. Everybody here is very friendly, and went out of their way to teach me skills that would help me advance in my profession much more quickly.

The wages are not ideal, and no relocation assistance was provided. There were not many opportunities to get to know or network with the other interns, which I feel would have been valuable.

This company will welcome you with open arms, and will teach you anything you want to know. They are extremely open to improvement ideas, and are constantly asking for them. Honestly, any cons that are stated will probably be dealt with before the next wave of interns are even hired so don't let them turn you off to this opportunity. If you come here with an open mind and strong desire to learn, then you will love this place.

Advice to Management

Once again, the compensation was not ideal, but at a company with such a heavy focus on continuous improvement, I can't picture it being a problem for too much longer. Relocation assistance should be offered to those who need it. Also, I think more opportunities for interns to meet each other would be a great perk.

Date: 2013

Real world experience at a top biopharmaceutical company

Compensation for the internship and real world experience

Lack of interaction with other interns due to being the only IT intern

There is a real sense of community ar Regeneron where the focus is to help the patients

Advice to Management

Make sure all departments know/feel that they are part of the processing in helping the patients

Real Experience

Real world experience, the culture/atmosphere of regeneron, flexibilty,

The drive to and from work, not knowing what certain terms meant, feeling like some people didn't want to talk to me

Know exactly what field you want to intern in, don't be nervous to ask questions, give 100% everyday

Advice to Management

Pay a little more attention to the interns or just give them a little more direction

Date: 2013

Learning what being a scientist is really like

Awesome people to work with, and the feeling that i was actually working towards something meaningful.

waking up early to get to work on time

Great atmosphere, hard workers, a pleasure to work here

Advice to Management

good pay, offered internship events that provided career advice and networking opportunities, great mentors

An Inside Look at a Pharmaceutical Company

- The people I worked with -interesting Content

Sitting Too much

Great Company to work for, very transparent

Advice to Management

Windows in the office!

Date: 2013

Exciting work in an ever-growing field

Real projects/responsibility carrying actual weight in the company Culture (relaxed yet productive) People

The fact that it is an internship (not possible to stay longer due to college)

Be ready to work. Everyone here is quite busy, but enjoy what they do. Regeneron is a fast-growing company and now is the perfect time to join the team.

Date: 2013

Experience cutting-edge research as a valuable member of the team.

I believe that my department is doing some of the most cutting-edge science in the field today. To add to that I am in a company that has just hit their stride as one of the most up and coming pharmaceutical companies in the world. My co-workers believe that they are in the best company in their field, and that belief creates a unique company culture. Regeneron tries to keep a "small company" feel, even as it continues to become more and more widely recognized as a leader in its industry (it was recently named an S&P 500 company). I think that this contributed to it being named the world's number one biopharmaceutical employer last year.

I think that it is difficult to become fully immersed in a long-term project if you are only here for 12 weeks. Many projects take months to finish, and as a novice researcher, you are more likely to see bits and pieces of different projects throughout the pipeline, rather than having a thorough view of one project, beginning to end.

Jump in. Ask questions, shadow researchers. There is a lot going on, and it can seem intimidating at first, but you will get the most out of the experience if you really take the time to learn from the people around you.

Advice to Management

I think Jess does a great job with the program.

Learning the Basics

Some of the material I learned and people I met were fascinating.

I still felt as though no one had time to answer my questions.

Be assertive in things you think would be beneficial in helping your own work. If you would like a certain program or want to talk to a specific person, don't hesitate to get them.

Valuable Research-based Internship Opportunity at Regeneron

Opportunities to participate in ground breaking research studies

Not always a new project to work on

The research at Regeneron is extremely interesting and the culture is incredible.