Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #8 Best Engineering Internships

Exciting work in an ever-growing field
Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real projects/responsibility carrying actual weight in the company

Culture (relaxed yet productive)

People

The fact that it is an internship (not possible to stay longer due to college)

Be ready to work. Everyone here is quite busy, but enjoy what they do. Regeneron is a fast-growing company and now is the perfect time to join the team.

Experience cutting-edge research as a valuable member of the team.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I believe that my department is doing some of the most cutting-edge science in the field today. To add to that I am in a company that has just hit their stride as one of the most up and coming pharmaceutical companies in the world. My co-workers believe that they are in the best company in their field, and that belief creates a unique company culture. Regeneron tries to keep a "small company" feel, even as it continues to become more and more widely recognized as a leader in its industry (it was recently named an S&P 500 company). I think that this contributed to it being named the world's number one biopharmaceutical employer last year.

I think that it is difficult to become fully immersed in a long-term project if you are only here for 12 weeks. Many projects take months to finish, and as a novice researcher, you are more likely to see bits and pieces of different projects throughout the pipeline, rather than having a thorough view of one project, beginning to end.

Jump in. Ask questions, shadow researchers. There is a lot going on, and it can seem intimidating at first, but you will get the most out of the experience if you really take the time to learn from the people around you.

Advice to Management

I think Jess does a great job with the program.

It exposed me to an industrial environment. helped me to understand how research and development is carried out in biotech/ pharma.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people are friendly and the offices are good

The commute to and for.

also expected to learn more skills.

Regeneron provides good opportunities to interns to get a real job experience

A company that cares more about what you can learn from them than what they can get out of you.
Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

As stated in the headline, many opportunities were presented to learn about the company and the whole biopharmaceutical process as a whole. Everybody here is very friendly, and went out of their way to teach me skills that would help me advance in my profession much more quickly.

The wages are not ideal, and no relocation assistance was provided. There were not many opportunities to get to know or network with the other interns, which I feel would have been valuable.

This company will welcome you with open arms, and will teach you anything you want to know. They are extremely open to improvement ideas, and are constantly asking for them. Honestly, any cons that are stated will probably be dealt with before the next wave of interns are even hired so don't let them turn you off to this opportunity. If you come here with an open mind and strong desire to learn, then you will love this place.

Advice to Management

Once again, the compensation was not ideal, but at a company with such a heavy focus on continuous improvement, I can't picture it being a problem for too much longer. Relocation assistance should be offered to those who need it. Also, I think more opportunities for interns to meet each other would be a great perk.

An unbeatable opportunity to learn and discover.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I've been given the opportunity to learn new skills and will be ahead of the curve in the future because of it.

Due to the expansion of my department their is limited office space. I have been moved 3 times and share a desk with two other people.

You need to be willing and open to learning new things and be comfortable asking questions.

Gaining knowledge and experience. A great the learning experience

learning

making connections

experience

it was fun

great company to work for

Great resources

I wish i could have experienced more departments of the company. Maybe shadow people in different departments for a day to learn exactly what everyone does.

Regeneron is a great company to work for. They are growing and everyone really seems to enjoy what they are doing and the work they have. Take advantage of all the resources you are given here and learn a lot.

Regeneron: A place to discover yourself
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexible hours is a very wonderful to have as it allows you to feel comfortable and secure knowing you can control your work time. The people I work with are very intelligent and relaxed. They are very human, with the ability to work hard and joke around, unlike uptight robots. The buildings are very clean and make use of natural light due to large windows. Regeneron holds many fun events, some are family oriented where you are encouraged to bring your family.

With Regeneron's rapid growth, there has been a continuous stream of new hires which limits the amount of space people have to work in. Interns may be forced to work in small areas unfortunately but it is nothing surprising.

Regeneron is gem that is making it's brilliance known throughout the country and the world. It is a great place to work and learn as the employees here are very generous and passionate. The location I am working at is in Tarrytown, but I'm quite positive that at the other locations you will find the same generosity and cheeriness that Regeneron is known for. It is a rapidly growing company so there will be many rising opportunities for a job seeker and it is a place a person will not regret working in.

Real world experience at a top biopharmaceutical company
Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Compensation for the internship and real world experience

Lack of interaction with other interns due to being the only IT intern

There is a real sense of community ar Regeneron where the focus is to help the patients

Advice to Management

Make sure all departments know/feel that they are part of the processing in helping the patients

Learning the Basics
Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Some of the material I learned and people I met were fascinating.

I still felt as though no one had time to answer my questions.

Be assertive in things you think would be beneficial in helping your own work. If you would like a certain program or want to talk to a specific person, don't hesitate to get them.

An Inside Look at a Pharmaceutical Company

- The people I worked with

-interesting Content

Sitting Too much

Great Company to work for, very transparent

Advice to Management

Windows in the office!