Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Summer Internship Program

4.3 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 89 Intern Reviews)

Regeneron has helped me to gain valuble insight about working in the biotech and pharmaceutical industry
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hours, learning and development opportunities, activities for employees, intern programs

Down time, little time with manager, not many opportunities to see outside of your department

The atmosphere and attitude of employees at Regeneron is great. Everyone is really friendly and people seem happy to work here. Sometimes you really have to reach out and ask for additional work and projects to take on because there is a lot of down time. Your managers are usually really busy so it is important to make sure you schedule time to meet with them.

Advice to Management

Give interns more of an opportunity to explore different departments, require managers meet with interns weekly, more intern events, have more information/opportunities for interns looking for full time jobs after they graduate - a lot of companies will give interns an offer after their summer position, so having something more definite for potential full time emploees would be great. Even if it's not a guarenteed job offer, something more concrete would be helpful especially as seniors begin their job searches in the fall.

Medical device laboratory
Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Feeling busy and interacting with all aspects of the medical device, from design of the device all the way up to manufacturing.

Reading and understanding regulations and applying them was very dry and difficult to understand.

Involve yourself as much as possible in all the activiteis of what your department does and try to get as much exposure to as much as you can.

One cool place to work
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working witht he people and having them explaining everything to me

The lack of confidence in my abilities to do certain things, and lack of overall work for me as an intern

Make sure you always ask to be a part of whatever is going on

The culture and people at Regeneron are phenomenal, however I wish I had a more rewarding summer project
Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and culture of Regeneron. Program is set up to help you learn about the company and idealy have you stay on as a fulltime hire.

My summer project was not rewarding and required no skill set to complete. I was often times left without work to do which resulted in a lot of administrative tasks. Pay could have been better.

It is a great place to start and they hire a lot of interns. Be confidate and passionate about the position you are applying for.

Advice to Management

Making sure an interns workload is appropriate is of great importance. I wish I had a greater opportunity to complete meaningful work and showcase my talents. I really like the company, now I just want to like the work I was doing.

Cation Exchange Chromatography Capture Step Development
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everybody is very friendly and approachable at Regeneron. All of my questions are answered and they also push me to help me learn more.

The maximum number of hours you can work in a week is 40 and there's no overtime.

Regeneron is a great company to work at with a lot of opportunities for interns and it is definitely an enjoyable internship

Advice to Management

Pay for overtime. I work basically 50 hours a week but only can log 40 which is disappointing.

Learning from the Learning Curve: What an intern should and shouldn't do
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship are the parties, the intern events, and the wonderful speakers that come to Regeneron and offer advice and mentorship.

What I like least about the internship is my boss and the difficulty to network. My boss is "rough around the edges" and is not good at shaping people to become better workers and employees. Every day, I am worried, nervous, and almost paranoid to go to work because I fear that he will yell at me.

Learn from your mistakes.

Recognize and try to evaluate the characteristic of a potential employer to see if you match their style

Know who to ask if you are stuck

Your boss owns you so do what he/she says

Advice to Management

Make sure that an intern and potential employer are the right fit for each other. Based on my experience, it is clear that my employer and I are not the right fit for each other. Keep better track of the interns hours so they don't get cut hours. Have a workshop for interns and their managers to create a better bond between them. Also, create more networking events so interns can speak to other interns and employees can communicate better with other employees.

Molecular Biology Lab internship in leading mouse research facility
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The personal attention and mentorship from the other researchers who are willing to help me with my projects

My group wanted to move me up to a temp position for the rest of the year, but the constraints of the internship didn't allow for that.

They won best employer in the biopharmaceutical industry this year, so I would say this would be a good place to end up.

Advice to Management

I appreciate the opportunity given to me. The only thing I can think of is a quarterly review with a supervisor to discuss progress