Intern at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

An overall great experience which opened my mind to the inner workings of a pharmaceutical company as well as provide useful work experience

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexibility, great people, great environment, great mentorship.

Sometimes I found myself with nothing to do but that seems to be the nature of science.

Be yourself, work hard, DO NOT FUDGE DATA. Do not be afraid to ask questions.

Advice to Management

I honestly cannot think of one. Management is doing a great job here.

A great experience with a great environment and people

Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship is the applicability to my major in school. as well as the welcoming environment regeneron offers i did not feel like an intern during my internship hreer i was treated like a regular employee.

My least favprite part abbout the internship was the amount of downtime i often found myslef with. I have a project and and am doing well completing it with plenty of resources and help but there still seems to be days when there is nothing to do.

This internship was more like having a real job then doing the little things around the office like many other interns at other companies are forced to do.

A firsthand look at a "real world" career in medical research

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I work with made it easy for me to learn quickly and help me out whenever I need it. Another great aspect was the intern events that are held weekly because they feature talks and discussions about future career paths, give advice for interviewing/applying to medical or graduate schools and help you to get to know other interns.

I personally had a long commute to work which I didn't like at times.

If offered an internship here you should definitely accept it. You will learn an immense amount in the short time you're here about the job that you are doing but also about how the professional world works. It will also give you an idea of what career path you'd like to pursue.

My summer internship at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals was interesting, fulfillling, and an excellent opportunity to learn about pharma.

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The flexibility, compensation, and office culture were excellent and far exceeded my high expectations. The work was very interesting, and the opportunity to observe the day-to-day goings-on in a corporate research lab was very informational. My internship has made me seriously consider working in the pharmaceutical industry.

I wish I had been allowed to learn more about the current projects going on in the lab I worked in. Because so much of the research is confidential, I'm not told details about projects I don't "need to know".

I would highly recommend Regeneron for a summer internship. They are selective, so be sure to apply early. Also, try to highlight previous laboratory experiences that can tie into the project you are applying to.

Advice to Management

I enjoyed the environment at Regeneron very much. However, one manager requested that I not be allowed to go to group meetings. I understand that confidential things might be discussed in them, but if the purpose of the internship is to show me what working at Regeneron is like, I should be able to be present at events most other employees are welcome at. Also, this manager treated employees somewhat rudely and micromanaged them, definitely reducing moralle.

A company that cares more about what you can learn from them than what they can get out of you.

Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

As stated in the headline, many opportunities were presented to learn about the company and the whole biopharmaceutical process as a whole. Everybody here is very friendly, and went out of their way to teach me skills that would help me advance in my profession much more quickly.

The wages are not ideal, and no relocation assistance was provided. There were not many opportunities to get to know or network with the other interns, which I feel would have been valuable.

This company will welcome you with open arms, and will teach you anything you want to know. They are extremely open to improvement ideas, and are constantly asking for them. Honestly, any cons that are stated will probably be dealt with before the next wave of interns are even hired so don't let them turn you off to this opportunity. If you come here with an open mind and strong desire to learn, then you will love this place.

Advice to Management

Once again, the compensation was not ideal, but at a company with such a heavy focus on continuous improvement, I can't picture it being a problem for too much longer. Relocation assistance should be offered to those who need it. Also, I think more opportunities for interns to meet each other would be a great perk.

Work intensive but with flexible directions and opportunity for creativity

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexible hours, working at my own pace, vast learning opportunity

A little more direction/structure would have helped

The work culture is amazing, everyone is very friendly and helpful.

Large amount of responsibility given to interns to gain experience in the work place.

Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Responsibility given helps create a better, more well rounded thinking individual. Free breakfast on Fridays makes the employee feel valued. Internship is paid which helps reward intern for their work.

Commute is rather long and traffic is usually jammed coming home.

Company is growing which creates a large number of job openings in the future. Workers are very friendly and there is no dress code which makes for an easy transition from college

Valuable Research-based Internship Opportunity at Regeneron

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunities to participate in ground breaking research studies

Not always a new project to work on

The research at Regeneron is extremely interesting and the culture is incredible.

Friendly and Helpful Environment that is welcoming and willing to help and work with you.

Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I think that the people at Regeneron are super helpful and friendly. I have always felt welcome and never felt like I was just a intern. There are plenty of opportunities to learn with all the training that can be done. I like that I get to work on a project that could be used in the department.

There are times when I have down time where I have to create work. Sometimes I find the work to be boring and not as challenging as I would like it to be. Occasionally, I have trouble finding my manager to have him answer my questions.

I would recommend Regeneron to anyone who is potentially looking for employment or an internship. The environment of this workplace is the best. This is a place you want to come work, help problem solve and do something.

Advice to Management

I think that there should be required biweekly or weekly meeting with interns and managers. My manager currently meets with me biweekly and I find it helpful to ask any questions I need or just to touch base.

Friendly culture with great insights into how biotechs work

Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of my internship was the people that I worked with. Countless times people would take time out of their schedules to talk to me about questions I had about the company or their specific job. I was also given the opportunity to learn how to perform a number of tasks under different employees. I was not forced to just watch, but I was actually encouraged to be hands on.

I felt that I was not challenged enough during my internship. I had a lot of down time, and the projects that I was assigned did not require a lot of critical thinking. My manager was also super busy, which left me with the responsibility of finding things to work on.

I believe Regeneron is a great place to work because the culture is so supportive and friendly. However, to ensure that you are also enjoying your work as much as the culture, I think you have to really consider what part of the biotech process you want to be in. The areas of the company are very diverse and each one requires a certain set of skills/thinking, so if you do your research and apply to areas that fit what you are looking for, then you will love coming to work here.

Advice to Management

Personally, I would like to see a rotational program put in place. I know that Regeneron recently started the X-pert program, which is along those lines, but a rotational program is a great way to find out exactly what other areas of the company do. It is a great opportunity especially for new employees to find where they will fit the best.