Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Summer Internship Program

Real world experience at a top biopharmaceutical company
Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Compensation for the internship and real world experience

Lack of interaction with other interns due to being the only IT intern

There is a real sense of community ar Regeneron where the focus is to help the patients

Advice to Management

Make sure all departments know/feel that they are part of the processing in helping the patients

Excellent Summer Experience
Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I get real experience in a lab working on the process and analyzing data. I am developing skills that will be extremely useful when trying to get hired for a full time job and will help me excel once I have a job.

I am wokring on a single project for a single method, I would like to be able to see other methods that are being run in the department.

I would strongly reccomned getting an internship at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals. The atmosphere is wonderful to work in, all of the employees are friendly and always willing to help in any way. The interns are also given an opportunity to experience what work in their field would be like, not just do paperwork. You have a lot of independence and many opportunities to learn about things going on within the company.

Building My Career Experience Through Interning: First Taste of the Real World
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone was extremely helpful and always willing to answer all of my questions

Unfortunately my colleagues had limited time to spend teaching me new things due to the rapid growth of this company - they were always very busy

The company culture seems to revolve around communication, team building, valuing each and every employee and the work that they do

Advice to Management

Ocassionally there are slight miscommunications between departments, causing one department to not be aware of a new policy that the other department has put in place. Individuals in management positions could work on improving this.

A great experience with a great environment and people
Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship is the applicability to my major in school. as well as the welcoming environment regeneron offers i did not feel like an intern during my internship hreer i was treated like a regular employee.

My least favprite part abbout the internship was the amount of downtime i often found myslef with. I have a project and and am doing well completing it with plenty of resources and help but there still seems to be days when there is nothing to do.

This internship was more like having a real job then doing the little things around the office like many other interns at other companies are forced to do.

Assimilating into a culture of science
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture of the company is great and an easy place to assimilate quickly and perform the tasks I am expected to.

I can't think of anything that I don't like.

It is a great place to apply to and I would highly recommend it. If you are looking at Regeneron, do some background research and you will quickly realize the company has a unique culture that has led to its enormous success and potential for the future.

Advice to Management

I would say to keep the small company feel even with the recent growth.

Valuable Research-based Internship Opportunity at Regeneron
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunities to participate in ground breaking research studies

Not always a new project to work on

The research at Regeneron is extremely interesting and the culture is incredible.

An exciting learning experience in the world of research.
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exciting learning environment.

There were hardly any things that I didn't like about this internship.

Be ambitious and excited to learn.

Advice to Management

N/a

My summer internship at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals was interesting, fulfillling, and an excellent opportunity to learn about pharma.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The flexibility, compensation, and office culture were excellent and far exceeded my high expectations. The work was very interesting, and the opportunity to observe the day-to-day goings-on in a corporate research lab was very informational. My internship has made me seriously consider working in the pharmaceutical industry.

I wish I had been allowed to learn more about the current projects going on in the lab I worked in. Because so much of the research is confidential, I'm not told details about projects I don't "need to know".

I would highly recommend Regeneron for a summer internship. They are selective, so be sure to apply early. Also, try to highlight previous laboratory experiences that can tie into the project you are applying to.

Advice to Management

I enjoyed the environment at Regeneron very much. However, one manager requested that I not be allowed to go to group meetings. I understand that confidential things might be discussed in them, but if the purpose of the internship is to show me what working at Regeneron is like, I should be able to be present at events most other employees are welcome at. Also, this manager treated employees somewhat rudely and micromanaged them, definitely reducing moralle.

Gained Much Experience, Great Place to Work
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Coworkers are great, very intersting work, many perks

Limited office space, intern pay is lower that I hoped, NO HOUSING, expensive area

Westchester NY is very expensive, if you cannot commute to work and must rent a place to live don't plan on being able to save any money from the summer

Advice to Management

Wages are lower than other engineering internships I have had, especially for an area with such a high cost of living. Office space for interns is limited

The business of organization and communication
Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

pay is good, casual office setting, coworkers mostly friendly

veey hard to schedule time with my supervisor

great resume builder, definately worth it

Advice to Management

make more time for interns!