Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #8 Best Engineering Internships

A summer full of data

The culture at Regeneron. It is a fun work enviornment where I am surrounded by intelligent coworkers.

The day to day got boring after a while.

It is a fast paced, busy, and exciting enviornment

Advice to Management

Put more of a planning process behind coming up with projects for interns. Some of us end up having too much downtime, and would be happy to take on multiple projects if made available to us.

Date: 2013

I was treated like an actual employee, with a project that mattered.

It was a great experience of what the industry is like. I learned a lot and applied a lot of my education.

It would be nice to have more intern-geared events. All we got to do was plan kid's day, which isn't as fun as alternatives.

You should be willing to work hard and show good work ethic. Always pay attention to detail.

Advice to Management

Compensation seems to be a bit low, in terms of a full time employee's pay. My compensation as an intern was fine though. Everything else was superb.

Positive Experience

Everything was great about the internship! The weekly intern events were great and my supervisor was very helpful and supportive.

It was difficult to work in such a small space.

Take advantage of everything Regeneron offers.

Advice to Management

Paid holidays

Date: 2013

Excellent internship with plenty of hands on experience at a very well developed bio pharm company.

Flexiblity, plent of hands on experience, paid, great community, easily accessible site location, well funded labs, organized company with science in mind.

Paid per hour, instead of a constant pay not depending on how many hours you clock in. Not allowed to work overtime.

Be highly interested and motivated to work and learn. This company is great and loves to teach you so don't be afraid to ask as many questions.

Advice to Management

Allow interns to be paid overtime as long as the supervisor is there.

Date: 2013

Real world experience at a top biopharmaceutical company

Compensation for the internship and real world experience

Lack of interaction with other interns due to being the only IT intern

There is a real sense of community ar Regeneron where the focus is to help the patients

Advice to Management

Make sure all departments know/feel that they are part of the processing in helping the patients

Excellent Summer Experience

I get real experience in a lab working on the process and analyzing data. I am developing skills that will be extremely useful when trying to get hired for a full time job and will help me excel once I have a job.

I am wokring on a single project for a single method, I would like to be able to see other methods that are being run in the department.

I would strongly reccomned getting an internship at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals. The atmosphere is wonderful to work in, all of the employees are friendly and always willing to help in any way. The interns are also given an opportunity to experience what work in their field would be like, not just do paperwork. You have a lot of independence and many opportunities to learn about things going on within the company.

The Ideal Intersection of Academia and Industry

You would be surprised by how accommodating and friendly the people here are. Whether the people I've talked to were in my department or not, they have been friendly and helpful. Although it is a corporation, it still carries the core of what makes startups nice to work for - they are willing to listen to your ideas, as seen in one of their "Big 5" mottos: "We will not bureaucracy ruin good ideas".

The strict restriction on how interns cannot work more than 40 hours per week. Many times I had to give up setting up another experiment because of the time restriction.

Make sure that you have at least some curiosity about science. Regeneron is a very science-heavy company, with a heavy focus on development, so if you have no interest in Biology or Chemistry whatsoever, then this may not be the place for you. If you love science, or have at least some interest in it, you will LOVE it here.

Learning the Basics

Some of the material I learned and people I met were fascinating.

I still felt as though no one had time to answer my questions.

Be assertive in things you think would be beneficial in helping your own work. If you would like a certain program or want to talk to a specific person, don't hesitate to get them.

I love working at Regeneron, I am learning so much

I get to learn from experiments I have never conducted before. I can learn from other groups

I didn't have my own space until an employee left. I am not taken into account in my opinions since I am only an intern

Regeneron is the best

Advice to Management

I would have liked to have training in the area I am in since it is brand new

Date: 2013

The business of organization and communication

pay is good, casual office setting, coworkers mostly friendly

veey hard to schedule time with my supervisor

great resume builder, definately worth it

Advice to Management

make more time for interns!