Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #8 Best Engineering Internships

Date: 2013

I was treated like an actual employee, with a project that mattered.

It was a great experience of what the industry is like. I learned a lot and applied a lot of my education.

It would be nice to have more intern-geared events. All we got to do was plan kid's day, which isn't as fun as alternatives.

You should be willing to work hard and show good work ethic. Always pay attention to detail.

Advice to Management

Compensation seems to be a bit low, in terms of a full time employee's pay. My compensation as an intern was fine though. Everything else was superb.

Date: 2013

Gaining knowledge and experience. A great the learning experience

learning making connections experience it was fun great company to work for Great resources

I wish i could have experienced more departments of the company. Maybe shadow people in different departments for a day to learn exactly what everyone does.

Regeneron is a great company to work for. They are growing and everyone really seems to enjoy what they are doing and the work they have. Take advantage of all the resources you are given here and learn a lot.

A summer full of data

The culture at Regeneron. It is a fun work enviornment where I am surrounded by intelligent coworkers.

The day to day got boring after a while.

It is a fast paced, busy, and exciting enviornment

Advice to Management

Put more of a planning process behind coming up with projects for interns. Some of us end up having too much downtime, and would be happy to take on multiple projects if made available to us.

Date: 2013

An unbeatable opportunity to learn and discover.

I've been given the opportunity to learn new skills and will be ahead of the curve in the future because of it.

Due to the expansion of my department their is limited office space. I have been moved 3 times and share a desk with two other people.

You need to be willing and open to learning new things and be comfortable asking questions.

Date: 2013

Excellent internship with plenty of hands on experience at a very well developed bio pharm company.

Flexiblity, plent of hands on experience, paid, great community, easily accessible site location, well funded labs, organized company with science in mind.

Paid per hour, instead of a constant pay not depending on how many hours you clock in. Not allowed to work overtime.

Be highly interested and motivated to work and learn. This company is great and loves to teach you so don't be afraid to ask as many questions.

Advice to Management

Allow interns to be paid overtime as long as the supervisor is there.

Date: 2013

Exceptional work culture and individuals highly vested in intern career development make this an exceptional opportunity

Highly motivated team of individuals completely vested in intern career development, Challenging work enhances learning, ample networking opportunities across the organization, frequent events and parties, tons of free food and free frozen yogurt thursdays

There is nothing that I did not like about the internship. Compared to previous internships (even in at Fortune 500), this was a much better experience.

Needs to be highly motivated to work, Interns are treated as full time employees and the level of expectations are very high, help is easily available but be prepared to be challenged everyday and learn a lot at the same time.

Positive Experience

Everything was great about the internship! The weekly intern events were great and my supervisor was very helpful and supportive.

It was difficult to work in such a small space.

Take advantage of everything Regeneron offers.

Advice to Management

Paid holidays

Date: 2013

Regeneron: A place to discover yourself

Flexible hours is a very wonderful to have as it allows you to feel comfortable and secure knowing you can control your work time. The people I work with are very intelligent and relaxed. They are very human, with the ability to work hard and joke around, unlike uptight robots. The buildings are very clean and make use of natural light due to large windows. Regeneron holds many fun events, some are family oriented where you are encouraged to bring your family.

With Regeneron's rapid growth, there has been a continuous stream of new hires which limits the amount of space people have to work in. Interns may be forced to work in small areas unfortunately but it is nothing surprising.

Regeneron is gem that is making it's brilliance known throughout the country and the world. It is a great place to work and learn as the employees here are very generous and passionate. The location I am working at is in Tarrytown, but I'm quite positive that at the other locations you will find the same generosity and cheeriness that Regeneron is known for. It is a rapidly growing company so there will be many rising opportunities for a job seeker and it is a place a person will not regret working in.

Stimulating, yet relaxed

Versatility of assignments that grant exposure to senior management.

Lack of intellectual challenge.

Scientific analysis is crucial to succeed no matter the function

Advice to Management

Improve internal promotion policies (rather than bring in external individuals only), remove biases against those without doctoral degrees (commercial innovation is also vital in biotechnology)

Date: 2013

Rapidly growing company doing exciting science

The team I worked with

The fact that we couldn't work off-site without supervision.

Great science, great people to work with, in general it is a wonderful job environment.

Advice to Management

Allow interns to work over-time and earn a bit more. Maybe provide housing assistance for those that are traveling for the summer.