Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Summer Internship Program

4.3 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 89 Intern Reviews)

A summer full of data
Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture at Regeneron. It is a fun work enviornment where I am surrounded by intelligent coworkers.

The day to day got boring after a while.

It is a fast paced, busy, and exciting enviornment

Advice to Management

Put more of a planning process behind coming up with projects for interns. Some of us end up having too much downtime, and would be happy to take on multiple projects if made available to us.

An Inside Look at a Pharmaceutical Company

- The people I worked with

-interesting Content

Sitting Too much

Great Company to work for, very transparent

Advice to Management

Windows in the office!

An unbeatable opportunity to learn and discover.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I've been given the opportunity to learn new skills and will be ahead of the curve in the future because of it.

Due to the expansion of my department their is limited office space. I have been moved 3 times and share a desk with two other people.

You need to be willing and open to learning new things and be comfortable asking questions.

The in and outs of commercial manufacturing at Regeneron
Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Company Culture at Regeneron is excellent and promotes a friendly but constructive environment

lack of Intern - Intern interacitons.

Take full advantage of what Regeneron offers. Lots of different training is available as well as on-site activities.

Positive Experience
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everything was great about the internship! The weekly intern events were great and my supervisor was very helpful and supportive.

It was difficult to work in such a small space.

Take advantage of everything Regeneron offers.

Advice to Management

Paid holidays

Exceptional work culture and individuals highly vested in intern career development make this an exceptional opportunity
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Highly motivated team of individuals completely vested in intern career development, Challenging work enhances learning, ample networking opportunities across the organization, frequent events and parties, tons of free food and free frozen yogurt thursdays

There is nothing that I did not like about the internship. Compared to previous internships (even in at Fortune 500), this was a much better experience.

Needs to be highly motivated to work, Interns are treated as full time employees and the level of expectations are very high, help is easily available but be prepared to be challenged everyday and learn a lot at the same time.

Regeneron: A place to discover yourself
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexible hours is a very wonderful to have as it allows you to feel comfortable and secure knowing you can control your work time. The people I work with are very intelligent and relaxed. They are very human, with the ability to work hard and joke around, unlike uptight robots. The buildings are very clean and make use of natural light due to large windows. Regeneron holds many fun events, some are family oriented where you are encouraged to bring your family.

With Regeneron's rapid growth, there has been a continuous stream of new hires which limits the amount of space people have to work in. Interns may be forced to work in small areas unfortunately but it is nothing surprising.

Regeneron is gem that is making it's brilliance known throughout the country and the world. It is a great place to work and learn as the employees here are very generous and passionate. The location I am working at is in Tarrytown, but I'm quite positive that at the other locations you will find the same generosity and cheeriness that Regeneron is known for. It is a rapidly growing company so there will be many rising opportunities for a job seeker and it is a place a person will not regret working in.

Gaining knowledge and experience. A great the learning experience

learning

making connections

experience

it was fun

great company to work for

Great resources

I wish i could have experienced more departments of the company. Maybe shadow people in different departments for a day to learn exactly what everyone does.

Regeneron is a great company to work for. They are growing and everyone really seems to enjoy what they are doing and the work they have. Take advantage of all the resources you are given here and learn a lot.

An overall great experience which opened my mind to the inner workings of a pharmaceutical company as well as provide useful work experience
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexibility, great people, great environment, great mentorship.

Sometimes I found myself with nothing to do but that seems to be the nature of science.

Be yourself, work hard, DO NOT FUDGE DATA. Do not be afraid to ask questions.

Advice to Management

I honestly cannot think of one. Management is doing a great job here.

My summer internship at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals was interesting, fulfillling, and an excellent opportunity to learn about pharma.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The flexibility, compensation, and office culture were excellent and far exceeded my high expectations. The work was very interesting, and the opportunity to observe the day-to-day goings-on in a corporate research lab was very informational. My internship has made me seriously consider working in the pharmaceutical industry.

I wish I had been allowed to learn more about the current projects going on in the lab I worked in. Because so much of the research is confidential, I'm not told details about projects I don't "need to know".

I would highly recommend Regeneron for a summer internship. They are selective, so be sure to apply early. Also, try to highlight previous laboratory experiences that can tie into the project you are applying to.

Advice to Management

I enjoyed the environment at Regeneron very much. However, one manager requested that I not be allowed to go to group meetings. I understand that confidential things might be discussed in them, but if the purpose of the internship is to show me what working at Regeneron is like, I should be able to be present at events most other employees are welcome at. Also, this manager treated employees somewhat rudely and micromanaged them, definitely reducing moralle.