Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #8 Best Engineering Internships

All communication, big and small, is key for a growing company!
Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoy the variety of my daily tasks as I am seldom bored on the job. On top of my daily responsibilites, there are always exciting events that need to be organized and communicated effectively which I have had a major role in throughout the summer. I enjoy that my position helps all the departments and employees since we cater to the needs of anyone and everyone needing communication opportunities and assistance. Additionally,I really enjoyed working and interacting with other interns at Lunch and Learns and in preparation for an intern organized event.

Not having more opportunities to interact with the interns as organized by the company.

Take the time to ask questions! Don't be afraid to organize a meeting with your supervisor requesting time to go over anything you may have questions or concerns about as well as really focusing on the time line of your internship. The summer flies by as you get involved in your daily responsibilites and project planning. Questions that go unanswered lead to mistakes, miscommunication and a lot of catch up so build the strong communication between you and your supervisor early on!

Advice to Management

As the company grows and thus the intern program grows, I would highly reccomend orangizing more opportunities through the company to get the interns together. Especially as you recruit to other states and colleges, it would be beneficial to have a guide of sorts promoting this area to ensure employee retention and econmic development in the Capital Region.

An unbeatable opportunity to learn and discover.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I've been given the opportunity to learn new skills and will be ahead of the curve in the future because of it.

Due to the expansion of my department their is limited office space. I have been moved 3 times and share a desk with two other people.

You need to be willing and open to learning new things and be comfortable asking questions.

An Inside Look at a Pharmaceutical Company

- The people I worked with

-interesting Content

Sitting Too much

Great Company to work for, very transparent

Advice to Management

Windows in the office!

Regeneron: A place to discover yourself
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexible hours is a very wonderful to have as it allows you to feel comfortable and secure knowing you can control your work time. The people I work with are very intelligent and relaxed. They are very human, with the ability to work hard and joke around, unlike uptight robots. The buildings are very clean and make use of natural light due to large windows. Regeneron holds many fun events, some are family oriented where you are encouraged to bring your family.

With Regeneron's rapid growth, there has been a continuous stream of new hires which limits the amount of space people have to work in. Interns may be forced to work in small areas unfortunately but it is nothing surprising.

Regeneron is gem that is making it's brilliance known throughout the country and the world. It is a great place to work and learn as the employees here are very generous and passionate. The location I am working at is in Tarrytown, but I'm quite positive that at the other locations you will find the same generosity and cheeriness that Regeneron is known for. It is a rapidly growing company so there will be many rising opportunities for a job seeker and it is a place a person will not regret working in.

Gaining knowledge and experience. A great the learning experience

learning

making connections

experience

it was fun

great company to work for

Great resources

I wish i could have experienced more departments of the company. Maybe shadow people in different departments for a day to learn exactly what everyone does.

Regeneron is a great company to work for. They are growing and everyone really seems to enjoy what they are doing and the work they have. Take advantage of all the resources you are given here and learn a lot.

Positive Experience
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everything was great about the internship! The weekly intern events were great and my supervisor was very helpful and supportive.

It was difficult to work in such a small space.

Take advantage of everything Regeneron offers.

Advice to Management

Paid holidays

The in and outs of commercial manufacturing at Regeneron
Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Company Culture at Regeneron is excellent and promotes a friendly but constructive environment

lack of Intern - Intern interacitons.

Take full advantage of what Regeneron offers. Lots of different training is available as well as on-site activities.

A summer full of data
Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture at Regeneron. It is a fun work enviornment where I am surrounded by intelligent coworkers.

The day to day got boring after a while.

It is a fast paced, busy, and exciting enviornment

Advice to Management

Put more of a planning process behind coming up with projects for interns. Some of us end up having too much downtime, and would be happy to take on multiple projects if made available to us.

The Ideal Intersection of Academia and Industry
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

You would be surprised by how accommodating and friendly the people here are. Whether the people I've talked to were in my department or not, they have been friendly and helpful. Although it is a corporation, it still carries the core of what makes startups nice to work for - they are willing to listen to your ideas, as seen in one of their "Big 5" mottos: "We will not bureaucracy ruin good ideas".

The strict restriction on how interns cannot work more than 40 hours per week. Many times I had to give up setting up another experiment because of the time restriction.

Make sure that you have at least some curiosity about science. Regeneron is a very science-heavy company, with a heavy focus on development, so if you have no interest in Biology or Chemistry whatsoever, then this may not be the place for you.

If you love science, or have at least some interest in it, you will LOVE it here.

Learning the Basics
Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Some of the material I learned and people I met were fascinating.

I still felt as though no one had time to answer my questions.

Be assertive in things you think would be beneficial in helping your own work. If you would like a certain program or want to talk to a specific person, don't hesitate to get them.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)