Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #8 Best Engineering Internships

An overall great experience which opened my mind to the inner workings of a pharmaceutical company as well as provide useful work experience
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexibility, great people, great environment, great mentorship.

Sometimes I found myself with nothing to do but that seems to be the nature of science.

Be yourself, work hard, DO NOT FUDGE DATA. Do not be afraid to ask questions.

Advice to Management

I honestly cannot think of one. Management is doing a great job here.

A firsthand look at a "real world" career in medical research
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I work with made it easy for me to learn quickly and help me out whenever I need it. Another great aspect was the intern events that are held weekly because they feature talks and discussions about future career paths, give advice for interviewing/applying to medical or graduate schools and help you to get to know other interns.

I personally had a long commute to work which I didn't like at times.

If offered an internship here you should definitely accept it. You will learn an immense amount in the short time you're here about the job that you are doing but also about how the professional world works. It will also give you an idea of what career path you'd like to pursue.

A company that cares more about what you can learn from them than what they can get out of you.
Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

As stated in the headline, many opportunities were presented to learn about the company and the whole biopharmaceutical process as a whole. Everybody here is very friendly, and went out of their way to teach me skills that would help me advance in my profession much more quickly.

The wages are not ideal, and no relocation assistance was provided. There were not many opportunities to get to know or network with the other interns, which I feel would have been valuable.

This company will welcome you with open arms, and will teach you anything you want to know. They are extremely open to improvement ideas, and are constantly asking for them. Honestly, any cons that are stated will probably be dealt with before the next wave of interns are even hired so don't let them turn you off to this opportunity. If you come here with an open mind and strong desire to learn, then you will love this place.

Advice to Management

Once again, the compensation was not ideal, but at a company with such a heavy focus on continuous improvement, I can't picture it being a problem for too much longer. Relocation assistance should be offered to those who need it. Also, I think more opportunities for interns to meet each other would be a great perk.

Work intensive but with flexible directions and opportunity for creativity
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexible hours, working at my own pace, vast learning opportunity

A little more direction/structure would have helped

The work culture is amazing, everyone is very friendly and helpful.

Learning what being a scientist is really like
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Awesome people to work with, and the feeling that i was actually working towards something meaningful.

waking up early to get to work on time

Great atmosphere, hard workers, a pleasure to work here

Advice to Management

good pay, offered internship events that provided career advice and networking opportunities, great mentors

Excellent internship with plenty of hands on experience at a very well developed bio pharm company.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexiblity, plent of hands on experience, paid, great community, easily accessible site location, well funded labs, organized company with science in mind.

Paid per hour, instead of a constant pay not depending on how many hours you clock in. Not allowed to work overtime.

Be highly interested and motivated to work and learn. This company is great and loves to teach you so don't be afraid to ask as many questions.

Advice to Management

Allow interns to be paid overtime as long as the supervisor is there.

I was treated like an actual employee, with a project that mattered.
Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

It was a great experience of what the industry is like. I learned a lot and applied a lot of my education.

It would be nice to have more intern-geared events. All we got to do was plan kid's day, which isn't as fun as alternatives.

You should be willing to work hard and show good work ethic. Always pay attention to detail.

Advice to Management

Compensation seems to be a bit low, in terms of a full time employee's pay. My compensation as an intern was fine though. Everything else was superb.

An exciting learning experience in the world of research.
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exciting learning environment.

There were hardly any things that I didn't like about this internship.

Be ambitious and excited to learn.

Advice to Management

N/a

Friendly and Helpful Environment that is welcoming and willing to help and work with you.
Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I think that the people at Regeneron are super helpful and friendly. I have always felt welcome and never felt like I was just a intern. There are plenty of opportunities to learn with all the training that can be done. I like that I get to work on a project that could be used in the department.

There are times when I have down time where I have to create work. Sometimes I find the work to be boring and not as challenging as I would like it to be. Occasionally, I have trouble finding my manager to have him answer my questions.

I would recommend Regeneron to anyone who is potentially looking for employment or an internship. The environment of this workplace is the best. This is a place you want to come work, help problem solve and do something.

Advice to Management

I think that there should be required biweekly or weekly meeting with interns and managers. My manager currently meets with me biweekly and I find it helpful to ask any questions I need or just to touch base.

Exceptional work culture and individuals highly vested in intern career development make this an exceptional opportunity
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Highly motivated team of individuals completely vested in intern career development, Challenging work enhances learning, ample networking opportunities across the organization, frequent events and parties, tons of free food and free frozen yogurt thursdays

There is nothing that I did not like about the internship. Compared to previous internships (even in at Fortune 500), this was a much better experience.

Needs to be highly motivated to work, Interns are treated as full time employees and the level of expectations are very high, help is easily available but be prepared to be challenged everyday and learn a lot at the same time.