Intern at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

An exciting learning experience in the world of research.

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exciting learning environment.

There were hardly any things that I didn't like about this internship.

Be ambitious and excited to learn.

Advice to Management

N/a

Large amount of responsibility given to interns to gain experience in the work place.

Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Responsibility given helps create a better, more well rounded thinking individual. Free breakfast on Fridays makes the employee feel valued. Internship is paid which helps reward intern for their work.

Commute is rather long and traffic is usually jammed coming home.

Company is growing which creates a large number of job openings in the future. Workers are very friendly and there is no dress code which makes for an easy transition from college

Regeneron builds new device lab with a ton of awesome toys; interns learn how to use

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Device Lab & instruments, proximity to school, entension into the fall semester part-time, networking

not as well compensated as friends in similar fields

If you don't have anything to do, make work for yourself.

Advice to Management

don't advertise sports teams if we can't play on them! maybe adjust compensation to similar companies/industries. More intern programs such as a day where we all go somewhere and do something together to get to know more people in the company.

My summer internship at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals was interesting, fulfillling, and an excellent opportunity to learn about pharma.

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The flexibility, compensation, and office culture were excellent and far exceeded my high expectations. The work was very interesting, and the opportunity to observe the day-to-day goings-on in a corporate research lab was very informational. My internship has made me seriously consider working in the pharmaceutical industry.

I wish I had been allowed to learn more about the current projects going on in the lab I worked in. Because so much of the research is confidential, I'm not told details about projects I don't "need to know".

I would highly recommend Regeneron for a summer internship. They are selective, so be sure to apply early. Also, try to highlight previous laboratory experiences that can tie into the project you are applying to.

Advice to Management

I enjoyed the environment at Regeneron very much. However, one manager requested that I not be allowed to go to group meetings. I understand that confidential things might be discussed in them, but if the purpose of the internship is to show me what working at Regeneron is like, I should be able to be present at events most other employees are welcome at. Also, this manager treated employees somewhat rudely and micromanaged them, definitely reducing moralle.

Real Experience

Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real world experience, the culture/atmosphere of regeneron, flexibilty,

The drive to and from work, not knowing what certain terms meant, feeling like some people didn't want to talk to me

Know exactly what field you want to intern in, don't be nervous to ask questions, give 100% everyday

Advice to Management

Pay a little more attention to the interns or just give them a little more direction

Assimilating into a culture of science

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture of the company is great and an easy place to assimilate quickly and perform the tasks I am expected to.

I can't think of anything that I don't like.

It is a great place to apply to and I would highly recommend it. If you are looking at Regeneron, do some background research and you will quickly realize the company has a unique culture that has led to its enormous success and potential for the future.

Advice to Management

I would say to keep the small company feel even with the recent growth.

Valuable Research-based Internship Opportunity at Regeneron

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunities to participate in ground breaking research studies

Not always a new project to work on

The research at Regeneron is extremely interesting and the culture is incredible.

Building My Career Experience Through Interning: First Taste of the Real World

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone was extremely helpful and always willing to answer all of my questions

Unfortunately my colleagues had limited time to spend teaching me new things due to the rapid growth of this company - they were always very busy

The company culture seems to revolve around communication, team building, valuing each and every employee and the work that they do

Advice to Management

Ocassionally there are slight miscommunications between departments, causing one department to not be aware of a new policy that the other department has put in place. Individuals in management positions could work on improving this.

A great experience with a great environment and people

Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship is the applicability to my major in school. as well as the welcoming environment regeneron offers i did not feel like an intern during my internship hreer i was treated like a regular employee.

My least favprite part abbout the internship was the amount of downtime i often found myslef with. I have a project and and am doing well completing it with plenty of resources and help but there still seems to be days when there is nothing to do.

This internship was more like having a real job then doing the little things around the office like many other interns at other companies are forced to do.

A firsthand look at a "real world" career in medical research

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I work with made it easy for me to learn quickly and help me out whenever I need it. Another great aspect was the intern events that are held weekly because they feature talks and discussions about future career paths, give advice for interviewing/applying to medical or graduate schools and help you to get to know other interns.

I personally had a long commute to work which I didn't like at times.

If offered an internship here you should definitely accept it. You will learn an immense amount in the short time you're here about the job that you are doing but also about how the professional world works. It will also give you an idea of what career path you'd like to pursue.

Get Our Career Newsletter

Interview, resume and job search tips emailed directly to you.