4.3 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 89 Intern Reviews)

Work intensive but with flexible directions and opportunity for creativity
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexible hours, working at my own pace, vast learning opportunity

A little more direction/structure would have helped

The work culture is amazing, everyone is very friendly and helpful.

A great experience with a great environment and people
Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship is the applicability to my major in school. as well as the welcoming environment regeneron offers i did not feel like an intern during my internship hreer i was treated like a regular employee.

My least favprite part abbout the internship was the amount of downtime i often found myslef with. I have a project and and am doing well completing it with plenty of resources and help but there still seems to be days when there is nothing to do.

This internship was more like having a real job then doing the little things around the office like many other interns at other companies are forced to do.

Friendly and Helpful Environment that is welcoming and willing to help and work with you.
Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I think that the people at Regeneron are super helpful and friendly. I have always felt welcome and never felt like I was just a intern. There are plenty of opportunities to learn with all the training that can be done. I like that I get to work on a project that could be used in the department.

There are times when I have down time where I have to create work. Sometimes I find the work to be boring and not as challenging as I would like it to be. Occasionally, I have trouble finding my manager to have him answer my questions.

I would recommend Regeneron to anyone who is potentially looking for employment or an internship. The environment of this workplace is the best. This is a place you want to come work, help problem solve and do something.

Advice to Management

I think that there should be required biweekly or weekly meeting with interns and managers. My manager currently meets with me biweekly and I find it helpful to ask any questions I need or just to touch base.

Assimilating into a culture of science
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture of the company is great and an easy place to assimilate quickly and perform the tasks I am expected to.

I can't think of anything that I don't like.

It is a great place to apply to and I would highly recommend it. If you are looking at Regeneron, do some background research and you will quickly realize the company has a unique culture that has led to its enormous success and potential for the future.

Advice to Management

I would say to keep the small company feel even with the recent growth.

An unbeatable opportunity to learn and discover.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I've been given the opportunity to learn new skills and will be ahead of the curve in the future because of it.

Due to the expansion of my department their is limited office space. I have been moved 3 times and share a desk with two other people.

You need to be willing and open to learning new things and be comfortable asking questions.

The Ideal Intersection of Academia and Industry
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

You would be surprised by how accommodating and friendly the people here are. Whether the people I've talked to were in my department or not, they have been friendly and helpful. Although it is a corporation, it still carries the core of what makes startups nice to work for - they are willing to listen to your ideas, as seen in one of their "Big 5" mottos: "We will not bureaucracy ruin good ideas".

The strict restriction on how interns cannot work more than 40 hours per week. Many times I had to give up setting up another experiment because of the time restriction.

Make sure that you have at least some curiosity about science. Regeneron is a very science-heavy company, with a heavy focus on development, so if you have no interest in Biology or Chemistry whatsoever, then this may not be the place for you.

If you love science, or have at least some interest in it, you will LOVE it here.

Positive Experience
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everything was great about the internship! The weekly intern events were great and my supervisor was very helpful and supportive.

It was difficult to work in such a small space.

Take advantage of everything Regeneron offers.

Advice to Management

Paid holidays

I was treated like an actual employee, with a project that mattered.
Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

It was a great experience of what the industry is like. I learned a lot and applied a lot of my education.

It would be nice to have more intern-geared events. All we got to do was plan kid's day, which isn't as fun as alternatives.

You should be willing to work hard and show good work ethic. Always pay attention to detail.

Advice to Management

Compensation seems to be a bit low, in terms of a full time employee's pay. My compensation as an intern was fine though. Everything else was superb.

Excellent internship with plenty of hands on experience at a very well developed bio pharm company.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexiblity, plent of hands on experience, paid, great community, easily accessible site location, well funded labs, organized company with science in mind.

Paid per hour, instead of a constant pay not depending on how many hours you clock in. Not allowed to work overtime.

Be highly interested and motivated to work and learn. This company is great and loves to teach you so don't be afraid to ask as many questions.

Advice to Management

Allow interns to be paid overtime as long as the supervisor is there.

A summer full of data
Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture at Regeneron. It is a fun work enviornment where I am surrounded by intelligent coworkers.

The day to day got boring after a while.

It is a fast paced, busy, and exciting enviornment

Advice to Management

Put more of a planning process behind coming up with projects for interns. Some of us end up having too much downtime, and would be happy to take on multiple projects if made available to us.