Intern at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

A company that cares more about what you can learn from them than what they can get out of you.

Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

As stated in the headline, many opportunities were presented to learn about the company and the whole biopharmaceutical process as a whole. Everybody here is very friendly, and went out of their way to teach me skills that would help me advance in my profession much more quickly.

The wages are not ideal, and no relocation assistance was provided. There were not many opportunities to get to know or network with the other interns, which I feel would have been valuable.

This company will welcome you with open arms, and will teach you anything you want to know. They are extremely open to improvement ideas, and are constantly asking for them. Honestly, any cons that are stated will probably be dealt with before the next wave of interns are even hired so don't let them turn you off to this opportunity. If you come here with an open mind and strong desire to learn, then you will love this place.

Advice to Management

Once again, the compensation was not ideal, but at a company with such a heavy focus on continuous improvement, I can't picture it being a problem for too much longer. Relocation assistance should be offered to those who need it. Also, I think more opportunities for interns to meet each other would be a great perk.

Work intensive but with flexible directions and opportunity for creativity

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexible hours, working at my own pace, vast learning opportunity

A little more direction/structure would have helped

The work culture is amazing, everyone is very friendly and helpful.

Friendly and Helpful Environment that is welcoming and willing to help and work with you.

Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I think that the people at Regeneron are super helpful and friendly. I have always felt welcome and never felt like I was just a intern. There are plenty of opportunities to learn with all the training that can be done. I like that I get to work on a project that could be used in the department.

There are times when I have down time where I have to create work. Sometimes I find the work to be boring and not as challenging as I would like it to be. Occasionally, I have trouble finding my manager to have him answer my questions.

I would recommend Regeneron to anyone who is potentially looking for employment or an internship. The environment of this workplace is the best. This is a place you want to come work, help problem solve and do something.

Advice to Management

I think that there should be required biweekly or weekly meeting with interns and managers. My manager currently meets with me biweekly and I find it helpful to ask any questions I need or just to touch base.

Excellent internship with plenty of hands on experience at a very well developed bio pharm company.

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexiblity, plent of hands on experience, paid, great community, easily accessible site location, well funded labs, organized company with science in mind.

Paid per hour, instead of a constant pay not depending on how many hours you clock in. Not allowed to work overtime.

Be highly interested and motivated to work and learn. This company is great and loves to teach you so don't be afraid to ask as many questions.

Advice to Management

Allow interns to be paid overtime as long as the supervisor is there.

An unbeatable opportunity to learn and discover.

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I've been given the opportunity to learn new skills and will be ahead of the curve in the future because of it.

Due to the expansion of my department their is limited office space. I have been moved 3 times and share a desk with two other people.

You need to be willing and open to learning new things and be comfortable asking questions.

Exceptional work culture and individuals highly vested in intern career development make this an exceptional opportunity

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Highly motivated team of individuals completely vested in intern career development, Challenging work enhances learning, ample networking opportunities across the organization, frequent events and parties, tons of free food and free frozen yogurt thursdays

There is nothing that I did not like about the internship. Compared to previous internships (even in at Fortune 500), this was a much better experience.

Needs to be highly motivated to work, Interns are treated as full time employees and the level of expectations are very high, help is easily available but be prepared to be challenged everyday and learn a lot at the same time.

An Inside Look at a Pharmaceutical Company

- The people I worked with

-interesting Content

Sitting Too much

Great Company to work for, very transparent

Advice to Management

Windows in the office!

Gaining knowledge and experience. A great the learning experience

learning

making connections

experience

it was fun

great company to work for

Great resources

I wish i could have experienced more departments of the company. Maybe shadow people in different departments for a day to learn exactly what everyone does.

Regeneron is a great company to work for. They are growing and everyone really seems to enjoy what they are doing and the work they have. Take advantage of all the resources you are given here and learn a lot.

Regeneron: A place to discover yourself

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexible hours is a very wonderful to have as it allows you to feel comfortable and secure knowing you can control your work time. The people I work with are very intelligent and relaxed. They are very human, with the ability to work hard and joke around, unlike uptight robots. The buildings are very clean and make use of natural light due to large windows. Regeneron holds many fun events, some are family oriented where you are encouraged to bring your family.

With Regeneron's rapid growth, there has been a continuous stream of new hires which limits the amount of space people have to work in. Interns may be forced to work in small areas unfortunately but it is nothing surprising.

Regeneron is gem that is making it's brilliance known throughout the country and the world. It is a great place to work and learn as the employees here are very generous and passionate. The location I am working at is in Tarrytown, but I'm quite positive that at the other locations you will find the same generosity and cheeriness that Regeneron is known for. It is a rapidly growing company so there will be many rising opportunities for a job seeker and it is a place a person will not regret working in.

All communication, big and small, is key for a growing company!

Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoy the variety of my daily tasks as I am seldom bored on the job. On top of my daily responsibilites, there are always exciting events that need to be organized and communicated effectively which I have had a major role in throughout the summer. I enjoy that my position helps all the departments and employees since we cater to the needs of anyone and everyone needing communication opportunities and assistance. Additionally,I really enjoyed working and interacting with other interns at Lunch and Learns and in preparation for an intern organized event.

Not having more opportunities to interact with the interns as organized by the company.

Take the time to ask questions! Don't be afraid to organize a meeting with your supervisor requesting time to go over anything you may have questions or concerns about as well as really focusing on the time line of your internship. The summer flies by as you get involved in your daily responsibilites and project planning. Questions that go unanswered lead to mistakes, miscommunication and a lot of catch up so build the strong communication between you and your supervisor early on!

Advice to Management

As the company grows and thus the intern program grows, I would highly reccomend orangizing more opportunities through the company to get the interns together. Especially as you recruit to other states and colleges, it would be beneficial to have a guide of sorts promoting this area to ensure employee retention and econmic development in the Capital Region.