Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Summer Internship Program

Excellent internship with plenty of hands on experience at a very well developed bio pharm company.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexiblity, plent of hands on experience, paid, great community, easily accessible site location, well funded labs, organized company with science in mind.

Paid per hour, instead of a constant pay not depending on how many hours you clock in. Not allowed to work overtime.

Be highly interested and motivated to work and learn. This company is great and loves to teach you so don't be afraid to ask as many questions.

Advice to Management

Allow interns to be paid overtime as long as the supervisor is there.

An exciting learning experience in the world of research.
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exciting learning environment.

There were hardly any things that I didn't like about this internship.

Be ambitious and excited to learn.

Advice to Management

N/a

I was treated like an actual employee, with a project that mattered.
Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

It was a great experience of what the industry is like. I learned a lot and applied a lot of my education.

It would be nice to have more intern-geared events. All we got to do was plan kid's day, which isn't as fun as alternatives.

You should be willing to work hard and show good work ethic. Always pay attention to detail.

Advice to Management

Compensation seems to be a bit low, in terms of a full time employee's pay. My compensation as an intern was fine though. Everything else was superb.

Exceptional work culture and individuals highly vested in intern career development make this an exceptional opportunity
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Highly motivated team of individuals completely vested in intern career development, Challenging work enhances learning, ample networking opportunities across the organization, frequent events and parties, tons of free food and free frozen yogurt thursdays

There is nothing that I did not like about the internship. Compared to previous internships (even in at Fortune 500), this was a much better experience.

Needs to be highly motivated to work, Interns are treated as full time employees and the level of expectations are very high, help is easily available but be prepared to be challenged everyday and learn a lot at the same time.

Friendly and Helpful Environment that is welcoming and willing to help and work with you.
Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I think that the people at Regeneron are super helpful and friendly. I have always felt welcome and never felt like I was just a intern. There are plenty of opportunities to learn with all the training that can be done. I like that I get to work on a project that could be used in the department.

There are times when I have down time where I have to create work. Sometimes I find the work to be boring and not as challenging as I would like it to be. Occasionally, I have trouble finding my manager to have him answer my questions.

I would recommend Regeneron to anyone who is potentially looking for employment or an internship. The environment of this workplace is the best. This is a place you want to come work, help problem solve and do something.

Advice to Management

I think that there should be required biweekly or weekly meeting with interns and managers. My manager currently meets with me biweekly and I find it helpful to ask any questions I need or just to touch base.

All communication, big and small, is key for a growing company!
Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoy the variety of my daily tasks as I am seldom bored on the job. On top of my daily responsibilites, there are always exciting events that need to be organized and communicated effectively which I have had a major role in throughout the summer. I enjoy that my position helps all the departments and employees since we cater to the needs of anyone and everyone needing communication opportunities and assistance. Additionally,I really enjoyed working and interacting with other interns at Lunch and Learns and in preparation for an intern organized event.

Not having more opportunities to interact with the interns as organized by the company.

Take the time to ask questions! Don't be afraid to organize a meeting with your supervisor requesting time to go over anything you may have questions or concerns about as well as really focusing on the time line of your internship. The summer flies by as you get involved in your daily responsibilites and project planning. Questions that go unanswered lead to mistakes, miscommunication and a lot of catch up so build the strong communication between you and your supervisor early on!

Advice to Management

As the company grows and thus the intern program grows, I would highly reccomend orangizing more opportunities through the company to get the interns together. Especially as you recruit to other states and colleges, it would be beneficial to have a guide of sorts promoting this area to ensure employee retention and econmic development in the Capital Region.

An unbeatable opportunity to learn and discover.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I've been given the opportunity to learn new skills and will be ahead of the curve in the future because of it.

Due to the expansion of my department their is limited office space. I have been moved 3 times and share a desk with two other people.

You need to be willing and open to learning new things and be comfortable asking questions.

Regeneron: A place to discover yourself
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexible hours is a very wonderful to have as it allows you to feel comfortable and secure knowing you can control your work time. The people I work with are very intelligent and relaxed. They are very human, with the ability to work hard and joke around, unlike uptight robots. The buildings are very clean and make use of natural light due to large windows. Regeneron holds many fun events, some are family oriented where you are encouraged to bring your family.

With Regeneron's rapid growth, there has been a continuous stream of new hires which limits the amount of space people have to work in. Interns may be forced to work in small areas unfortunately but it is nothing surprising.

Regeneron is gem that is making it's brilliance known throughout the country and the world. It is a great place to work and learn as the employees here are very generous and passionate. The location I am working at is in Tarrytown, but I'm quite positive that at the other locations you will find the same generosity and cheeriness that Regeneron is known for. It is a rapidly growing company so there will be many rising opportunities for a job seeker and it is a place a person will not regret working in.

Gaining knowledge and experience. A great the learning experience

learning

making connections

experience

it was fun

great company to work for

Great resources

I wish i could have experienced more departments of the company. Maybe shadow people in different departments for a day to learn exactly what everyone does.

Regeneron is a great company to work for. They are growing and everyone really seems to enjoy what they are doing and the work they have. Take advantage of all the resources you are given here and learn a lot.

Positive Experience
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everything was great about the internship! The weekly intern events were great and my supervisor was very helpful and supportive.

It was difficult to work in such a small space.

Take advantage of everything Regeneron offers.

Advice to Management

Paid holidays