Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Summer Internship Program

Gain knowledge of modern analytical chemistry processes and assays in a progressive pharmaceutical company

challenging, well-paid.

lack of choice for supervisor/mentor nor project.

If the area works and you are an honest person, you should apply here.

Advice to Management

More focus on in-house promotion. There is a definite sense of growing pains in the work community that can have negative fallout and bringing in managers or "higher-ups" from outside the company taints or changes the beauty of this company's fundamental characteristics (such as the Regen 5). I don't say that we should avoid change but often I see changes that try to normalize us towards a "typical" pharma company where I know we would prefer to set the precedent.

Great biotech industry experience
Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The hands on learning that you do every day.

Downtime due to supervisor being too busy.

Familiarize yourself with tipical biotech processes (chromatography, filtration and cell culture) before showing up on site.

Advice to Management

N/A

sculpting my future at reneger on
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

All of my co-workers were helpful and friendly and I was able to get hands-on experience in the field I wish to pursue

It is not close to my home, long island

You have to work hard and things are fast moving but the rewards are tremendous and Regeneron loves to play hard as well

Opportunity to learn about data analysis at a major pharmaceutical company
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learned a lot

Great experience

Good hours

Commute

None

None...........

An eye opening internship experiance with Regeneron, a company with amazing culture and science!
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture at Regeneron is great. Everyone here belives in the company and the company's goals, works hard for them, and realy feels like a family. The belief in science first is also a huge plus, profits are invested back in to further research.

Space was a little tight in our 'inter room' but it ended up with positives, since our group was very close knit.

Everything you hear from people you speak with that work here, about how much they love their job is true. There is a pride in Regeneron from the top down, and everyone is happy here!

Advice to Management

Its hard to find flaws with Regneron. The only real complaint is the space issue, and it is a result of the rapid growth of the company. It is already being addressed with several new buildings in the plan.

It exposed me to an industrial environment. helped me to understand how research and development is carried out in biotech/ pharma.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people are friendly and the offices are good

The commute to and for.

also expected to learn more skills.

Regeneron provides good opportunities to interns to get a real job experience

Experience cutting-edge research as a valuable member of the team.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I believe that my department is doing some of the most cutting-edge science in the field today. To add to that I am in a company that has just hit their stride as one of the most up and coming pharmaceutical companies in the world. My co-workers believe that they are in the best company in their field, and that belief creates a unique company culture. Regeneron tries to keep a "small company" feel, even as it continues to become more and more widely recognized as a leader in its industry (it was recently named an S&P 500 company). I think that this contributed to it being named the world's number one biopharmaceutical employer last year.

I think that it is difficult to become fully immersed in a long-term project if you are only here for 12 weeks. Many projects take months to finish, and as a novice researcher, you are more likely to see bits and pieces of different projects throughout the pipeline, rather than having a thorough view of one project, beginning to end.

Jump in. Ask questions, shadow researchers. There is a lot going on, and it can seem intimidating at first, but you will get the most out of the experience if you really take the time to learn from the people around you.

Advice to Management

I think Jess does a great job with the program.

Exciting work in an ever-growing field
Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real projects/responsibility carrying actual weight in the company

Culture (relaxed yet productive)

People

The fact that it is an internship (not possible to stay longer due to college)

Be ready to work. Everyone here is quite busy, but enjoy what they do. Regeneron is a fast-growing company and now is the perfect time to join the team.

Large amount of responsibility given to interns to gain experience in the work place.
Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Responsibility given helps create a better, more well rounded thinking individual. Free breakfast on Fridays makes the employee feel valued. Internship is paid which helps reward intern for their work.

Commute is rather long and traffic is usually jammed coming home.

Company is growing which creates a large number of job openings in the future. Workers are very friendly and there is no dress code which makes for an easy transition from college

I was treated like an actual employee, with a project that mattered.
Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

It was a great experience of what the industry is like. I learned a lot and applied a lot of my education.

It would be nice to have more intern-geared events. All we got to do was plan kid's day, which isn't as fun as alternatives.

You should be willing to work hard and show good work ethic. Always pay attention to detail.

Advice to Management

Compensation seems to be a bit low, in terms of a full time employee's pay. My compensation as an intern was fine though. Everything else was superb.