Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Summer Internship Program

4.3 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 89 Intern Reviews)

Regeneron, promoting youth's interest in science and technology
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The great availability of resources offered at regeneron make it a pleasant place to work

All is very well organized though improvement can be made in career development opportunities

Be a punctual, interested and eager young scientist-and Regeneron wil provide the stage for development

Advice to Management

I think Regeneron's intern program is well designed, compemsation is great but the company can improve upon integrating these eager young minds with the more well stablished and accompliished scientist so that interns can directly see what these careers involve.

A great summer in Regeneron
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Be able to learn SAS programming skills and practice a lot.

Be able to learn how to communicate with higher level managers and other colleagues.

Have great experience of how pharmaceutical industry works.

Everything is good, no cons.

It is a great company. You can learn a lot of things if you come here.

sculpting my future at reneger on
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

All of my co-workers were helpful and friendly and I was able to get hands-on experience in the field I wish to pursue

It is not close to my home, long island

You have to work hard and things are fast moving but the rewards are tremendous and Regeneron loves to play hard as well

It exposed me to an industrial environment. helped me to understand how research and development is carried out in biotech/ pharma.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people are friendly and the offices are good

The commute to and for.

also expected to learn more skills.

Regeneron provides good opportunities to interns to get a real job experience

Opportunity to learn about data analysis at a major pharmaceutical company

Learned a lot

Great experience

Good hours

Commute

None

None...........

An eye opening internship experiance with Regeneron, a company with amazing culture and science!
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture at Regeneron is great. Everyone here belives in the company and the company's goals, works hard for them, and realy feels like a family. The belief in science first is also a huge plus, profits are invested back in to further research.

Space was a little tight in our 'inter room' but it ended up with positives, since our group was very close knit.

Everything you hear from people you speak with that work here, about how much they love their job is true. There is a pride in Regeneron from the top down, and everyone is happy here!

Advice to Management

Its hard to find flaws with Regneron. The only real complaint is the space issue, and it is a result of the rapid growth of the company. It is already being addressed with several new buildings in the plan.

Exciting work in an ever-growing field
Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real projects/responsibility carrying actual weight in the company

Culture (relaxed yet productive)

People

The fact that it is an internship (not possible to stay longer due to college)

Be ready to work. Everyone here is quite busy, but enjoy what they do. Regeneron is a fast-growing company and now is the perfect time to join the team.

Experience cutting-edge research as a valuable member of the team.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I believe that my department is doing some of the most cutting-edge science in the field today. To add to that I am in a company that has just hit their stride as one of the most up and coming pharmaceutical companies in the world. My co-workers believe that they are in the best company in their field, and that belief creates a unique company culture. Regeneron tries to keep a "small company" feel, even as it continues to become more and more widely recognized as a leader in its industry (it was recently named an S&P 500 company). I think that this contributed to it being named the world's number one biopharmaceutical employer last year.

I think that it is difficult to become fully immersed in a long-term project if you are only here for 12 weeks. Many projects take months to finish, and as a novice researcher, you are more likely to see bits and pieces of different projects throughout the pipeline, rather than having a thorough view of one project, beginning to end.

Jump in. Ask questions, shadow researchers. There is a lot going on, and it can seem intimidating at first, but you will get the most out of the experience if you really take the time to learn from the people around you.

Advice to Management

I think Jess does a great job with the program.

I was treated like an actual employee, with a project that mattered.
Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

It was a great experience of what the industry is like. I learned a lot and applied a lot of my education.

It would be nice to have more intern-geared events. All we got to do was plan kid's day, which isn't as fun as alternatives.

You should be willing to work hard and show good work ethic. Always pay attention to detail.

Advice to Management

Compensation seems to be a bit low, in terms of a full time employee's pay. My compensation as an intern was fine though. Everything else was superb.

A company that cares more about what you can learn from them than what they can get out of you.
Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

As stated in the headline, many opportunities were presented to learn about the company and the whole biopharmaceutical process as a whole. Everybody here is very friendly, and went out of their way to teach me skills that would help me advance in my profession much more quickly.

The wages are not ideal, and no relocation assistance was provided. There were not many opportunities to get to know or network with the other interns, which I feel would have been valuable.

This company will welcome you with open arms, and will teach you anything you want to know. They are extremely open to improvement ideas, and are constantly asking for them. Honestly, any cons that are stated will probably be dealt with before the next wave of interns are even hired so don't let them turn you off to this opportunity. If you come here with an open mind and strong desire to learn, then you will love this place.

Advice to Management

Once again, the compensation was not ideal, but at a company with such a heavy focus on continuous improvement, I can't picture it being a problem for too much longer. Relocation assistance should be offered to those who need it. Also, I think more opportunities for interns to meet each other would be a great perk.