Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #8 Best Engineering Internships

Date: 2013

A unique experience in a medical affairs: you come of the oppoortunity and stay for the culture

1. Opportunities to participate in trainings 2. Networking: with other employees and interns 3. An Open Learning Culture 4. Access to individuals in other departements to explore other career paths 5. Structure: events planned for the interns including talks on linked in, career path selection, etc. 6. Location 7. Mentorship: my boss discussed both the internship as well as career development and goals 8. OnBoarding: easy painless transition and was able to work on the second day of the internship 9. Volunteering: activities helped me be activity in the community even though I am not from the area 10. Did I mention that they have free frozen yogurt Thursdays for all employees?

1. That it was on the shorter side (8 weeks) due to unavoidable time constraints with my program and my mentors availability

Regeneron has an expectation of people being passionate about patient health and safety. They expect individuals to make ethical decisions and be active in their careers. They are not looking for individuals that are coming to work for a paycheck. In return, they will provide you with training to accomplish your goals, an environment that supports change and diversity, and a culture that encourages authenticity.

Advice to Management

I would say the organization is doing everything right. The only struggle they might have is maintaining such a dynamic culture as the company continues to grow and expand.

Date: 2013

Regeneron, promoting youth's interest in science and technology

The great availability of resources offered at regeneron make it a pleasant place to work

All is very well organized though improvement can be made in career development opportunities

Be a punctual, interested and eager young scientist-and Regeneron wil provide the stage for development

Advice to Management

I think Regeneron's intern program is well designed, compemsation is great but the company can improve upon integrating these eager young minds with the more well stablished and accompliished scientist so that interns can directly see what these careers involve.

Best biopharma employer

Meaningful projects. I got the sense they needed and wanted me here

commute time (2 hours each way)

Meet lots of people throughout the organization and network

Advice to Management

Make benefits available to interns as an option (401K, insurance). Doesn't have to be subsidized, just provide as an option

Date: 2013

An overall great experience which opened my mind to the inner workings of a pharmaceutical company as well as provide useful work experience

Flexibility, great people, great environment, great mentorship.

Sometimes I found myself with nothing to do but that seems to be the nature of science.

Be yourself, work hard, DO NOT FUDGE DATA. Do not be afraid to ask questions.

Advice to Management

I honestly cannot think of one. Management is doing a great job here.

Date: 2013

An exciting learning experience in the world of research.

Exciting learning environment.

There were hardly any things that I didn't like about this internship.

Be ambitious and excited to learn.

Advice to Management

N/a

Date: 2013

It exposed me to an industrial environment. helped me to understand how research and development is carried out in biotech/ pharma.

The people are friendly and the offices are good

The commute to and for. also expected to learn more skills.

Regeneron provides good opportunities to interns to get a real job experience

Date: 2013

An eye opening internship experiance with Regeneron, a company with amazing culture and science!

The culture at Regeneron is great. Everyone here belives in the company and the company's goals, works hard for them, and realy feels like a family. The belief in science first is also a huge plus, profits are invested back in to further research.

Space was a little tight in our 'inter room' but it ended up with positives, since our group was very close knit.

Everything you hear from people you speak with that work here, about how much they love their job is true. There is a pride in Regeneron from the top down, and everyone is happy here!

Advice to Management

Its hard to find flaws with Regneron. The only real complaint is the space issue, and it is a result of the rapid growth of the company. It is already being addressed with several new buildings in the plan.

Date: 2013

Large amount of responsibility given to interns to gain experience in the work place.

Responsibility given helps create a better, more well rounded thinking individual. Free breakfast on Fridays makes the employee feel valued. Internship is paid which helps reward intern for their work.

Commute is rather long and traffic is usually jammed coming home.

Company is growing which creates a large number of job openings in the future. Workers are very friendly and there is no dress code which makes for an easy transition from college

Date: 2013

Regeneron builds new device lab with a ton of awesome toys; interns learn how to use

Device Lab & instruments, proximity to school, entension into the fall semester part-time, networking

not as well compensated as friends in similar fields

If you don't have anything to do, make work for yourself.

Advice to Management

don't advertise sports teams if we can't play on them! maybe adjust compensation to similar companies/industries. More intern programs such as a day where we all go somewhere and do something together to get to know more people in the company.

Date: 2013

All communication, big and small, is key for a growing company!

I enjoy the variety of my daily tasks as I am seldom bored on the job. On top of my daily responsibilites, there are always exciting events that need to be organized and communicated effectively which I have had a major role in throughout the summer. I enjoy that my position helps all the departments and employees since we cater to the needs of anyone and everyone needing communication opportunities and assistance. Additionally,I really enjoyed working and interacting with other interns at Lunch and Learns and in preparation for an intern organized event.

Not having more opportunities to interact with the interns as organized by the company.

Take the time to ask questions! Don't be afraid to organize a meeting with your supervisor requesting time to go over anything you may have questions or concerns about as well as really focusing on the time line of your internship. The summer flies by as you get involved in your daily responsibilites and project planning. Questions that go unanswered lead to mistakes, miscommunication and a lot of catch up so build the strong communication between you and your supervisor early on!

Advice to Management

As the company grows and thus the intern program grows, I would highly reccomend orangizing more opportunities through the company to get the interns together. Especially as you recruit to other states and colleges, it would be beneficial to have a guide of sorts promoting this area to ensure employee retention and econmic development in the Capital Region.