Intern at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Eye Opening

Learning experiences

Honestly, nothing. I love it here.

Ask questions, participate, and learn as much as possible

Advice to Management

Nothing.

A great summer in Regeneron

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Be able to learn SAS programming skills and practice a lot.

Be able to learn how to communicate with higher level managers and other colleagues.

Have great experience of how pharmaceutical industry works.

Everything is good, no cons.

It is a great company. You can learn a lot of things if you come here.

Great biotech industry experience

Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The hands on learning that you do every day.

Downtime due to supervisor being too busy.

Familiarize yourself with tipical biotech processes (chromatography, filtration and cell culture) before showing up on site.

Advice to Management

N/A

A unique experience in a medical affairs: you come of the oppoortunity and stay for the culture

1. Opportunities to participate in trainings

2. Networking: with other employees and interns

3. An Open Learning Culture

4. Access to individuals in other departements to explore other career paths

5. Structure: events planned for the interns including talks on linked in, career path selection, etc.

6. Location

7. Mentorship: my boss discussed both the internship as well as career development and goals

8. OnBoarding: easy painless transition and was able to work on the second day of the internship

9. Volunteering: activities helped me be activity in the community even though I am not from the area

10. Did I mention that they have free frozen yogurt Thursdays for all employees?

1. That it was on the shorter side (8 weeks) due to unavoidable time constraints with my program and my mentors availability

Regeneron has an expectation of people being passionate about patient health and safety. They expect individuals to make ethical decisions and be active in their careers. They are not looking for individuals that are coming to work for a paycheck. In return, they will provide you with training to accomplish your goals, an environment that supports change and diversity, and a culture that encourages authenticity.

Advice to Management

I would say the organization is doing everything right. The only struggle they might have is maintaining such a dynamic culture as the company continues to grow and expand.

It exposed me to an industrial environment. helped me to understand how research and development is carried out in biotech/ pharma.

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people are friendly and the offices are good

The commute to and for.

also expected to learn more skills.

Regeneron provides good opportunities to interns to get a real job experience

An eye opening internship experiance with Regeneron, a company with amazing culture and science!

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture at Regeneron is great. Everyone here belives in the company and the company's goals, works hard for them, and realy feels like a family. The belief in science first is also a huge plus, profits are invested back in to further research.

Space was a little tight in our 'inter room' but it ended up with positives, since our group was very close knit.

Everything you hear from people you speak with that work here, about how much they love their job is true. There is a pride in Regeneron from the top down, and everyone is happy here!

Advice to Management

Its hard to find flaws with Regneron. The only real complaint is the space issue, and it is a result of the rapid growth of the company. It is already being addressed with several new buildings in the plan.

Experience cutting-edge research as a valuable member of the team.

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I believe that my department is doing some of the most cutting-edge science in the field today. To add to that I am in a company that has just hit their stride as one of the most up and coming pharmaceutical companies in the world. My co-workers believe that they are in the best company in their field, and that belief creates a unique company culture. Regeneron tries to keep a "small company" feel, even as it continues to become more and more widely recognized as a leader in its industry (it was recently named an S&P 500 company). I think that this contributed to it being named the world's number one biopharmaceutical employer last year.

I think that it is difficult to become fully immersed in a long-term project if you are only here for 12 weeks. Many projects take months to finish, and as a novice researcher, you are more likely to see bits and pieces of different projects throughout the pipeline, rather than having a thorough view of one project, beginning to end.

Jump in. Ask questions, shadow researchers. There is a lot going on, and it can seem intimidating at first, but you will get the most out of the experience if you really take the time to learn from the people around you.

Advice to Management

I think Jess does a great job with the program.

Exciting work in an ever-growing field

Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real projects/responsibility carrying actual weight in the company

Culture (relaxed yet productive)

People

The fact that it is an internship (not possible to stay longer due to college)

Be ready to work. Everyone here is quite busy, but enjoy what they do. Regeneron is a fast-growing company and now is the perfect time to join the team.

Regeneron builds new device lab with a ton of awesome toys; interns learn how to use

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Device Lab & instruments, proximity to school, entension into the fall semester part-time, networking

not as well compensated as friends in similar fields

If you don't have anything to do, make work for yourself.

Advice to Management

don't advertise sports teams if we can't play on them! maybe adjust compensation to similar companies/industries. More intern programs such as a day where we all go somewhere and do something together to get to know more people in the company.

Opportunity to learn about data analysis at a major pharmaceutical company

Learned a lot