Intern at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Understanding Manfucaturing Processes at a Biopharma company

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking with other interns/employees, understanding day to day operations and discovering what it is like to work for Regeneron.

Too much down time, would have liked more projects to work on.

Regeneron has an excellent atmosphere with down to earth and hardworking employees. You will learn a lot and there are a lot of cool activities and programs.

Advice to Management

Better communication between departments.

Very fun and educational with professional job exposure

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hands-on experience, exposure to an actual job setting prior to college graduation

There was nothing I didn't enjoy about my internship

Good employer, very flexible and a good working environment

Great biotech industry experience

Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The hands on learning that you do every day.

Downtime due to supervisor being too busy.

Familiarize yourself with tipical biotech processes (chromatography, filtration and cell culture) before showing up on site.

Advice to Management

N/A

A great summer in Regeneron

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Be able to learn SAS programming skills and practice a lot.

Be able to learn how to communicate with higher level managers and other colleagues.

Have great experience of how pharmaceutical industry works.

Everything is good, no cons.

It is a great company. You can learn a lot of things if you come here.

Positive Experience

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everything was great about the internship! The weekly intern events were great and my supervisor was very helpful and supportive.

It was difficult to work in such a small space.

Take advantage of everything Regeneron offers.

Advice to Management

Paid holidays

Gaining knowledge and experience. A great the learning experience

learning

making connections

experience

it was fun

great company to work for

Great resources

I wish i could have experienced more departments of the company. Maybe shadow people in different departments for a day to learn exactly what everyone does.

Regeneron is a great company to work for. They are growing and everyone really seems to enjoy what they are doing and the work they have. Take advantage of all the resources you are given here and learn a lot.

Regeneron: A place to discover yourself

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexible hours is a very wonderful to have as it allows you to feel comfortable and secure knowing you can control your work time. The people I work with are very intelligent and relaxed. They are very human, with the ability to work hard and joke around, unlike uptight robots. The buildings are very clean and make use of natural light due to large windows. Regeneron holds many fun events, some are family oriented where you are encouraged to bring your family.

With Regeneron's rapid growth, there has been a continuous stream of new hires which limits the amount of space people have to work in. Interns may be forced to work in small areas unfortunately but it is nothing surprising.

Regeneron is gem that is making it's brilliance known throughout the country and the world. It is a great place to work and learn as the employees here are very generous and passionate. The location I am working at is in Tarrytown, but I'm quite positive that at the other locations you will find the same generosity and cheeriness that Regeneron is known for. It is a rapidly growing company so there will be many rising opportunities for a job seeker and it is a place a person will not regret working in.

The in and outs of commercial manufacturing at Regeneron

Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Company Culture at Regeneron is excellent and promotes a friendly but constructive environment

lack of Intern - Intern interacitons.

Take full advantage of what Regeneron offers. Lots of different training is available as well as on-site activities.

An unbeatable opportunity to learn and discover.

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I've been given the opportunity to learn new skills and will be ahead of the curve in the future because of it.

Due to the expansion of my department their is limited office space. I have been moved 3 times and share a desk with two other people.

You need to be willing and open to learning new things and be comfortable asking questions.

The Ideal Intersection of Academia and Industry

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

You would be surprised by how accommodating and friendly the people here are. Whether the people I've talked to were in my department or not, they have been friendly and helpful. Although it is a corporation, it still carries the core of what makes startups nice to work for - they are willing to listen to your ideas, as seen in one of their "Big 5" mottos: "We will not bureaucracy ruin good ideas".

The strict restriction on how interns cannot work more than 40 hours per week. Many times I had to give up setting up another experiment because of the time restriction.

Make sure that you have at least some curiosity about science. Regeneron is a very science-heavy company, with a heavy focus on development, so if you have no interest in Biology or Chemistry whatsoever, then this may not be the place for you.

If you love science, or have at least some interest in it, you will LOVE it here.