1. Opportunities to participate in trainings
2. Networking: with other employees and interns
3. An Open Learning Culture
4. Access to individuals in other departements to explore other career paths
5. Structure: events planned for the interns including talks on linked in, career path selection, etc.
7. Mentorship: my boss discussed both the internship as well as career development and goals
8. OnBoarding: easy painless transition and was able to work on the second day of the internship
9. Volunteering: activities helped me be activity in the community even though I am not from the area
10. Did I mention that they have free frozen yogurt Thursdays for all employees?
1. That it was on the shorter side (8 weeks) due to unavoidable time constraints with my program and my mentors availability
Advice to Potential Interns
Regeneron has an expectation of people being passionate about patient health and safety. They expect individuals to make ethical decisions and be active in their careers. They are not looking for individuals that are coming to work for a paycheck. In return, they will provide you with training to accomplish your goals, an environment that supports change and diversity, and a culture that encourages authenticity.
Advice to Management
I would say the organization is doing everything right. The only struggle they might have is maintaining such a dynamic culture as the company continues to grow and expand.