Intern at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Regeneron Summer Internship

Albany, NY | March 2015 | FORMER INTERN

Great managagement, company culture, interesting projects, fast growing company, input into what kind of projects you work on.

Full time offer after internship is lower than industry, disconnect between some departments, hard to reach supervisors who are very busy

Comments

Basic interview process, competitive candidates, recruits from many northeast schools

Where I want to work the next 40 years.

Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Challenging

-Great co-workers/mentors

-No small tasks.

-You can make the internship really fulfilling if you try

-Get to actually benefit the company

-Get to present your projects to the board of directors

-Good chance of employment after if you work hard

-Can get stressful if you don't manage your time properly

Stay on top of your projects, be proactive, ask question, ask for more work if you want it. Finish deadlines early.

best place to work

learned a lot.

great people and office environment

everyone was kind and helpful

lots of fun

presenting my data to the group

pick a project that interests you

Advice to Management

keep up the good work hiring great enthusiastic employees who love what they do!

Eye Opening

Learning experiences

Honestly, nothing. I love it here.

Ask questions, participate, and learn as much as possible

Advice to Management

Nothing.

A challenging opportunity to show a big time pharma what you can do.

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting real life experience in the lab. Immediately making a difference through tech development and being included in all group efforts. Being challenged all the time.

Intern Events held by HR.

The culture at Regeneron is fantastic. Everywhere you look, someone is willing to help you learn (and is happy to do it).

Advice to Management

The Information Technologies department could be improved upon. There is much too much outsourcing for the basic help line. Additionally, service requests have a very long turn around time that could be improved.

Gain knowledge of modern analytical chemistry processes and assays in a progressive pharmaceutical company

Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

challenging, well-paid.

lack of choice for supervisor/mentor nor project.

If the area works and you are an honest person, you should apply here.

Advice to Management

More focus on in-house promotion. There is a definite sense of growing pains in the work community that can have negative fallout and bringing in managers or "higher-ups" from outside the company taints or changes the beauty of this company's fundamental characteristics (such as the Regen 5). I don't say that we should avoid change but often I see changes that try to normalize us towards a "typical" pharma company where I know we would prefer to set the precedent.

A great summer in Regeneron

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Be able to learn SAS programming skills and practice a lot.

Be able to learn how to communicate with higher level managers and other colleagues.

Have great experience of how pharmaceutical industry works.

Everything is good, no cons.

It is a great company. You can learn a lot of things if you come here.

Understanding Manfucaturing Processes at a Biopharma company

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking with other interns/employees, understanding day to day operations and discovering what it is like to work for Regeneron.

Too much down time, would have liked more projects to work on.

Regeneron has an excellent atmosphere with down to earth and hardworking employees. You will learn a lot and there are a lot of cool activities and programs.

Advice to Management

Better communication between departments.

Very fun and educational with professional job exposure

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hands-on experience, exposure to an actual job setting prior to college graduation

There was nothing I didn't enjoy about my internship

Good employer, very flexible and a good working environment

A unique experience in a medical affairs: you come of the oppoortunity and stay for the culture

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

1. Opportunities to participate in trainings

2. Networking: with other employees and interns

3. An Open Learning Culture

4. Access to individuals in other departements to explore other career paths

5. Structure: events planned for the interns including talks on linked in, career path selection, etc.

6. Location

7. Mentorship: my boss discussed both the internship as well as career development and goals

8. OnBoarding: easy painless transition and was able to work on the second day of the internship

9. Volunteering: activities helped me be activity in the community even though I am not from the area

10. Did I mention that they have free frozen yogurt Thursdays for all employees?

1. That it was on the shorter side (8 weeks) due to unavoidable time constraints with my program and my mentors availability

Regeneron has an expectation of people being passionate about patient health and safety. They expect individuals to make ethical decisions and be active in their careers. They are not looking for individuals that are coming to work for a paycheck. In return, they will provide you with training to accomplish your goals, an environment that supports change and diversity, and a culture that encourages authenticity.

Advice to Management

I would say the organization is doing everything right. The only struggle they might have is maintaining such a dynamic culture as the company continues to grow and expand.