Intern at CBS News Internship Program? Submit a Review

The best internship in New York City for Journalism.

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Met some great people. Learned a lot about how national news works.

Logging tape for producers. But It was still great experience.

You need to always be ready to work. Holidays etc. The news never stops.

Where do you get your news from?

A One of a Kind Life-Enriching Experience

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Some of the best aspects of my internship included: accessibility to executive producers and other company leaders, shadowing producers during a production shoot, learning the behind-the-scenes operations of the show, and meeting some of the people that I look up to.

The only thing that I would've liked to see differently is more opportunities for the interns to get to know one another on a more personal level however I understand that the business of our intern schedules would've made this task almost impossible.

Make sure that before participating in this internship you have prepared to bring your best effort and an attitude to learn. If you decide to take the internship, make sure that you come prepared to network with some of the best storytellers you will ever meet and be ready to learn from some of the kindest professionals you'll ever know.

Advice to Management

I can't think of anything that the organization could do better to become a better place to work.

The most amazing incredible experience I have ever seen.

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

learning everything I did, the speakers who came to talk to us, the experience will last me a life time. I couldn't have asked for a better program.

I didn't not like anything ... I would take this internship all over again without a doubt. It was amazing and I recommend everyone to apply.

Know everything about the company before you apply, know what you are getting into and prepare yourself for the best internship.

Advice to Management

I think I would have been cool to switch to different positions in the departments. But once again I loved being here and I wouldn't have changed anything.

CBS News Provides Constant Excitement and Immense Growth for Interns

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone I worked with was so welcoming and talented. It was really wonderful to work with so many incredible people willing to help.

It was so rewarding to put in so much hard work and be awarded more responsibility.

Be sure to put in the work because you get in as much as you put in.

Advice to Management

Honestly I would have them just continue exactly as there are. I had a wonderful experience.

Experience?
Why CBS?
Favorite movie?

CBS News is the Best News Internship Program

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The real-life experience, the comprehensive training, the inclusive culture, the varied opportunities, the exciting opportunities -- atypical intern tasks (rarely getting coffee, making copies, etc.)

I would have liked to learn more in-depth information about future opportunities at the company.

Take advantage of the people you are working for -- they are a great resource for learning about the industry, future work opportunities, career advice, industry culture, etc.

Advice to Management

Allow interns to gain experience/knowledge of other departments than just the one they are assigned to.

What is a story in the news that you are interested in at the moment? Who are the anchors of CBS This Morning? What day and time does 60 Minutes air?

The Summer that I Sharpened My Craft: How my internship at CBS News changed my life

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of my internship were: working with amazing people in my department, getting the opportunity to network outside of my unit, and hearing from top executives of the organization through scheduled internship workshops.

I honestly can't think of any cons.

Make sure that you know the news inside and out. Also, be yourself and do your best in whichever department you end up.

Student receives invaluable resources and unforgettable experience interning at CBS

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed working with so many people from different backgrounds. Each had something to offer me, and through them, I was able to improve as a Journalist. My critical thinking was challenged along with my patience and tenacity. Every day I was busy, and no two days were the same

I did not have much of an opportunity to write for CBS.

Work as hard as you can whenever you are inside the office. Talk to as many people as possible, you never know where a connection may come from.

Advice to Management

Host more writing workshops/seminars.

One of the best opportunities I've been fortunate to receive in my entire life

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunities allotted to you; you're pretty much not restricted to any department of the sector you're assigned to. I knew nothing about the Hard News department beforehand but once I found it, I found my niche and loved it there. You're able to find your niche and develop your craft well in whatever niche that is.

I least liked that I didn't decide to work the shift that I ended up switching to sooner because it was amazing to work the show!

Make the best of every opportunity given to you because the little things matter. When given a task, do it and do it well because when you do, people, important people notice and then they start asking you to do so more. Also, don't wait on opportunity to knock on your door. If you know what you want to do when you walk in, find the person doing that and shadow them.

The CBS News internship program is world-class! What a place to be!

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to meet many leaders of the company and learn the ins and outs of the News operations. I was tasked with very important, time-sensitive assignments. The people I worked with were outstanding!

There was not a single 'con' to my internship experience. It was an incredible summer!

The more you familiarize yourself with the breadth of CBS News, the more you will enjoy the internship.

My intern experience as a whole was incredible, conveying the importance of journalistic integrity as well as the importance of hard news.

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship included networking and understanding the way the broadcast is put together

I would have preferred to stay on the morning shift throughout the entire summer.

Interning at CBS is an incredible opportunity and experience and I highly recommend it.

Advice to Management

Diversity definitely needs to increase. Out of 70 interns only about 7 were minorities, this is sad and desperately needs to be changed.

What programs are your favorite at CBS?

What time do certain programs come on

Whose the director of CBS