CBS News Intern Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #4 Best Media & Telecommunications Internships

The CBS News internship program is world-class! What a place to be!
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to meet many leaders of the company and learn the ins and outs of the News operations. I was tasked with very important, time-sensitive assignments. The people I worked with were outstanding!

There was not a single 'con' to my internship experience. It was an incredible summer!

The more you familiarize yourself with the breadth of CBS News, the more you will enjoy the internship.

once in a lifetime opportunity to work for an award winning network and gain real broadcast journalism experience
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

the people that I got to work with definitely made the experience special; I was assisting producers and sitting in meetings with renowned news anchors who all definitely impacted my time at CBS. I also feel that having the opportunity to represent a historically rich and prosperous brand like CBS is a huge door opener and will benefit me greatly in my future career endeavors.

The department I was assigned to had a large group of interns and since we were rotating shifts, I felt like it created some unnecessary competition among the interns and I also felt like it did not allow me to have consistent contact with some of the producers I worked with over the summer.

DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE APPLYING AND INTERVIEWING.

Student receives invaluable resources and unforgettable experience interning at CBS
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed working with so many people from different backgrounds. Each had something to offer me, and through them, I was able to improve as a Journalist. My critical thinking was challenged along with my patience and tenacity. Every day I was busy, and no two days were the same

I did not have much of an opportunity to write for CBS.

Work as hard as you can whenever you are inside the office. Talk to as many people as possible, you never know where a connection may come from.

Advice to Management

Host more writing workshops/seminars.

My intern experience as a whole was incredible, conveying the importance of journalistic integrity as well as the importance of hard news.
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship included networking and understanding the way the broadcast is put together

I would have preferred to stay on the morning shift throughout the entire summer.

Interning at CBS is an incredible opportunity and experience and I highly recommend it.

What programs are your favorite at CBS?

What time do certain programs come on

Whose the director of CBS

Advice to Management

Diversity definitely needs to increase. Out of 70 interns only about 7 were minorities, this is sad and desperately needs to be changed.

One of the best opportunities I've been fortunate to receive in my entire life
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunities allotted to you; you're pretty much not restricted to any department of the sector you're assigned to. I knew nothing about the Hard News department beforehand but once I found it, I found my niche and loved it there. You're able to find your niche and develop your craft well in whatever niche that is.

I least liked that I didn't decide to work the shift that I ended up switching to sooner because it was amazing to work the show!

Make the best of every opportunity given to you because the little things matter. When given a task, do it and do it well because when you do, people, important people notice and then they start asking you to do so more. Also, don't wait on opportunity to knock on your door. If you know what you want to do when you walk in, find the person doing that and shadow them.

The Summer that I Sharpened My Craft: How my internship at CBS News changed my life
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of my internship were: working with amazing people in my department, getting the opportunity to network outside of my unit, and hearing from top executives of the organization through scheduled internship workshops.

I honestly can't think of any cons.

Make sure that you know the news inside and out. Also, be yourself and do your best in whichever department you end up.

A behind the scenes look at the creation of CBS news
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

An experience in writing and nonlinear video editing.

There seemed to no be much to do at times.

CBS news is a very professionally run organization.

9 week interview

You had many opportunities

Wish there was more guidance

Take advantage of this internship. You meet so many professionals in the business, and it is a great opportunity to prove yourself.

I like how Katie asked questions about the company.

Advice to Management

None

Great experience for students confident in persuing a career in news
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Eveyrone I worked with was incredibly nice and excited to help me learn and improve

an option to experience different shows

It is up to you to make the most of your experience. Ask the people you work with to connect you with others at CBS so you can see what each show is like. Make connections with everyone you can.

Who is the lead anchor for the CBS Evening News?

Who are the CBS This Morning Anchors?

What time and day is the 60 Minutes broadcast?

Advice to Management

Make sure all guidelines for intern pay/compensation are clearly adressed and stated in writing!

Amazing Internship
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

It was the best being able to assist with shoots and sit in on the control room.

I didn't not like anything about this internship, it was a very good work experience.

Accept every task