Intern at CBS News Internship Program? Submit a Review

Intern makes big impact at CBS

New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people are really, really great. I also enjoyed working with a number of interns and helping producers.

Sometimes there's just not enough to do, I wish I was doing more at points and it can be tough working in such a huge place like CTM

I think it would be help if the person was very organized because a lot of the job is doing little things and having to keep up on them.

Advice to Management

I think it would be easier if there was a more helpful guide that I could look at to make sure I'm doing something right rather than have to just try and remember it. I like visual things.

Who hosts CBS This morning?
Who hosts CBS evening News?

A Real World Experience at CBS

New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I am able to meet people who have excelled in the broadcast journalism field. Everyone is nice and approachable. I am able to ask many questions and pick reporters' brain, asking for career advice.

I did not dislike anything.

You should ask a ton of questions and ask anyone if they need help. Ask what their life story is and how they got to this place.

Advice to Management

Nothing to recommend. Everything was run first class.

Who are the anchors of CBS This Morning?
What would people not expect of you when seeing you?

CBS News Turns College Students into Professional Journlists

New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning how to apply my journalism studies into a hard news atmosphere.

I have no critiques about this internship.

Be on top of current events and stay unbiased.

Who hosts the CBS Evening News?

When does 60 Minutes air?

Who hosts CBS This Morning?

What is your journalism background?

Best Summer Experience Ever.

New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Making connections, learning more about the news industry, and learning what it takes to get a job in the news.

No complaints whatsoever.

Working in Newspath will give you the best overall experience in many areas.

Advice to Management

N/A

Breaking into Breaking News

New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

We were granted access to the highest production of journalism in the world. I was pleasantly surprised to see a camaraderie between employees throughout the building. Interns were treated as humans and it felt like most superiors recognized that the interns wanted to learn and were willing to assist with what they could.

It felt like some of the arrogant and more bossy interns were being rewarded by superiors for their "motivation," but we were all advised to not act like this.

CBS has an unique vibe that reflects its high level of journalism. However, there are improvements that can be made and CBS is slowly evolving. This is where interns can be very helpful to one of the oldest and more prestigious businesses in the journalism field.

Advice to Management

There is a level of nepotism that is evident even in the intern group. I do not think this is fair because it undercuts the hardworking interns who have worked so hard to just intern at CBS.

CBS News Internship Program

New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The atmosphere, work environment, people, experiences, and opportunities given to me were so unique and awesome.

The hours were sometimes rough, especially the intern shift of 4am - 12pm. But it was something that I eventually got used to.

Make as many connections as possible, always ask if there is something you can do to help, remember everyone's names and positions within the company.

Advice to Management

Honestly not too much; I had such a great experience I didn't see too many things wrong. Maybe the only thing would be to hire less interns actually, since at CTM we seemed a bit overstaffed at times.

Name all of the anchors on 'x' show.

Who is your favorite journalist?

Who is the President of CBS News?

New Perspectives

Office environment, mentorship

Project group dynamics

Take initiative, ask questions, reach out to as many people as you can.

Advice to Management

Better streamlining system of transitioning interested interns into news associates program, mid-summer program check-ins.

Who is the anchor of the CBS Evening News?
What time and day does CBS This Morning air?
Who are the current presidential candidates?

Long term research for important stories

New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

working directly with producers and reporters on important stories that mattered and were watched by millions.

I did not get to see the final product of my work during my time as an intern.

It is exciting to see the behind the scenes efforts of how stories are put together.

Newspath is the way to go! You actually get to learn and do stuff.

New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed getting to go on special events. For example, I got to go the NBA Draft media availability, I'm going to be able to go to the Democratic National Convention, and I had opportunities to film things for my personal reel. Also, getting to be able to speak with people who are in CBS and get their advice has helped a ton.

I honestly couldn't tell you. Only slow times have been because of things not happening.

As my time as a CBS intern, working side by side with people at CBS News, I learned how to do things at the most efficient level, also learned how to work under pressure.

Advice to Management

There is absolutely nothing. My experience has been amazing thus far.

What's your favorite TV show?

And general questions about CBS talent.

Hands-on work at a network with kind people that value integrity

New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone is shadow and get as involved as you can.

Lack of formal midterm review and lack of concrete, expected internship duties

Must be a self-starter and be willing to make connections outside the internship. No one will lead you by the hand and may not even give you regular tasks. You must find ways to help on your own, which is great, but can be daunting

Advice to Management

There should be formal reviews and feedback halfway through the internship.

Questions about CBS and it's correspondents; what was your favorite piece on X show; news quiz questions; why CBS