Intern at CBS News Internship Program? Submit a Review

CBS TRAINS THE BEST OF THE BEST.

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

They were okay with you basically doing what you wanted. If you wanted to sit at your desk and read a book all day they would let you. They would notice and not like it, but they would let you. If you wanted to write, or go out on location shoots or explore the other departments and employees for the day, you could.

And it's a case that I'm learning will continue to happen as I grow and enter the workforce. There were interns in my opinion. That weren't picked on the skills but on who their parents were. When you tell me you don't know the basics, the bare minimal, of what this industry is about, I look at you and think what are you doing here? When you can at a fool and they fuss at you, but then your star daddy walks in the room and the same professionals that fussed you out are now going, Mr. --- you're child is so great. I have a problem with that. That spot could have gone to someone who really deserved/earned/could have contributed to it.

Know that there's a hierarchy. And when you come in you are dead at the bottom.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to give your interns real work.

Why do you want this job?
What do you know about the company?
What do you want to get out of the experience?

Great learning experience

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking, guest speakers, well-calculated internship experience, ability to do real and meaningful work

Not being able to rotate to different departments

Take advantage of every opportunity that comes up because there will be so me chances to do more or learn more, so you should capitalize on this moments to really get the most out of the experience.

Specific questions about CBS News

Intern provided with a remarkable learning experience in a welcoming environment had the best summer ever

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone was so eager to teach me everything that they knew, everyone welcomed me warmly from the first day all the way to the last day, I was offered experiences that I never thought I would get because producers and BAs noticed the work I was doing, I got to work a varied schedule which allowed me to see every aspect of the show, I got to pitch my own story ideas, doing the internship project, having CBS producers and talent come and do workshops with us. I developed great connections and developed so many friendships with other interns and CBS employees that I will keep forever. The supervisors were so easy to work with and wanted us to succeed. There were no closed doors at CBS.

I enjoyed everything that I did at CBS and do not regret anything. There were times when there would be a lot of grunt work like logging, but these were all so beneficial to my learning and sometimes they were long, but I got so much faster at typing and multitasking. There were really no negatives to this internship. I loved it all.

CBS is a great employer who values it's employees and wants everyone to feel at home and feel welcomed. I saw everyone working as a team and interacting as family. It is a working environment that is fast but everyone thrives. It is up to the employee to stay on top of items and complete as much as they can though, This is not a job for lazy people.

Advice to Management

I liked everything at CBS and thought I was treated with the highest respect and felt at home. I made great relationships with people and got along with everyone. I personally have no complaints and thought that diversity was great, hours were great, and compensation was great.

1. What is your favorite non-news show
2. Who is someone you look up to?
3. What date and time is 60 Minutes on?
4. Who is the anchor of CBS Evening News?
5. Tell me what is happening now in news on the political spectrum

Participation in Breaking News
Opportunity to Participate in Other Departments

Long Hours - No Overtime
Commute to Internship from Available/Affordable Housing

I would contact and have interactions with as many people as possible and find individuals that have hiring capabilities.

Advice to Management

My experience with every manager type was overall enjoyable.

Where would you hope this internship leads, if it leads to anything? How would you react to news of hiring or news that they wouldn't be pursuing you further?

The Road Less Traveled

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of opportunities to network and the chance to create more content to add to my demo reel.

Really enjoyed every bit of it.

Don't let there be a "slow day". Use that downtime to try to help someone or learn something new.

best internship ever

Going on shoots

Crazy hours

Know information about the company you are trying to work for

Advice to Management

N/a

Who host the CBS Evenjng News?

CBS is an amazing place of work with a professional and fun atmosphere.

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone who works at CBS is so accessible; there is no one who will not take the time to speak to you if you have a question or would like advice. If you work hard, people will take notice and more opportunities will come your way.

There is very little structure in certain departments. You have to make the most of your experience by branching out and talking to people or you will sit there unfulfilled all summer.

CBS is the place if you are considering a professional career in real journalism. Everyone there is a consummate professional who constantly wants to push the bar on company and personal standards.

Who anchors CBS This Morning?
Who anchors the CBS Evening News?
What is your favorite television show?
What time does Dateline come on?

Incredible learning & internship experience!

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I got to experience all aspects of television production, great exposure to the broadcast news industry, met several major news anchors and correspondents, great learning experience!

The amount of down time

Always be willing to do anything no matter how tedious or small- always say yes to any task. Try to make yourself as useful and valuable as possible.

Be knowledgable of major news topics, names of correspondents, and public knowledge (supreme court justices, secretary of state, presidential candidates)

Gain hands on experience and do real meaningful work for the whole world to see

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking, a lot of real life experience, no meaningless or menial assignments. Hands on.

Too many interns, no information about jobs after the internship

Very fair and honest, good compensation.

Amazing opportunity all broadcasting studets should be looking into

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Advice and assistance from the top people in the news industry. Real experience being a part of what is being showcased on air. Seminars with very experienced journalists.

Some of the interns were clearly the "favorites" and got more chances than others. No opportunities to try a new department and see what another news show is like

Be open to do anything you are asked to do. Ask questions instead of assuming. Know what is happening in the world. Don't compete with other interns just focus on yourself

Who anchors the evening news?

What current news are you following right now? ( and be prepared to talk about it!)

What public figure living or dead do you look up to?