CBS News Intern Program

CBS News Provides Unique Opportunity
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Going on shoots, the internship project, guest speakers.

Sitting around the office all day without much to do.

Good for creating contacts at a major news industry, but if at Newspath will get less real world experience.

Interns learns valuable lessons about industry, what it takes
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoyed earning bylines for video web write-ups on http://cbsthismorning.com. It was also incredibly beneficial to work with on social media and be put in the middle of all major interviews, stories, etc.

I don't think I can say I disliked any one aspect; overall, this has been a very informative, eye-opening, and valuable set of experiences for me. I will say it was a bit difficult to adjust to the 5:45am to 1:45pm schedule, but that was just a pretty fair trade-off for the rest of what this summer offered.

I would advise finding someone you can work closely with on a daily basis. It helps you make a connection in the office, and allows you to seek out additional opportunities at CBS News.

Advice to Management

n/a

Learn the ins and outs of the broadcast news industry in this hands-on internship
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great networking, learned new skills, gained insight into the industry

No pay, commute.

If you are passionate about television journalism and are responsible, independent and hard-working, this internship is for you.

Advice to Management

Pay us minimum wage. Every other network pays. Especially if it's 40 hours a week, which is full time.

REUTERS: PAKISTAN BLAST KILLS SEVEN
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working in an exciting environment, getting extensive technical and editorial experience in the news industry

Had to work strange hours, as desk is a 24-hour operation

The work can be very demanding--they throw you into the thick of everything. Keep a positive attitude and an open mind and you'll get a lot out of the experience.

A wonderful hands on experience at CBS News

Meeting professionals

Everything about the internship was completely amazing

Be ready for an ACTUAL internship, where you work with the company.

Advice to Management

Nothing, the organization was flawless.

CBS News internship the most rewarding, challenging and gratifying experience of my life.
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

We were encouraged, and had the ability, to make the internship what best suited to our needs. Not only was I entrusted to complete major projects that involved coordinating logistics for CBS Radio affiliates, I also had time to initiate meetings with reporters and producers I have admired for years. Katie Curcio, our intern coordinator, also did a fantastic job of providing us with speakers every week, kickball and softball games, as well as the chance to spend a week putting together a TV story with a group. I can't complain about one thing about that internship. It was the best.

I honestly liked everything about it. I was nervous to work with random members of a group for a week, but it worked out great and provided real-world challenges that we learned to work through.

Even at the network level, there is a tremendous feeling of family at CBS. I felt welcomed by everyone I met.

CBS News the best place for a journalist to Intern
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The greatest aspects of the internship was the ability to be able to work with producers and assistants on shows. It was a really rewarding experience. Also having the chance to learn from some of the most powerful people in the industry.

Not applicable

My advice is to be eager, attentive, an asset to the team and no job is to little.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!

The best thing I've ever done!
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to get great hands on experience, and learn from the best in the industry.

It was un-paid.

Just be willing to give it your all. Work hard, smart and be positive.

Advice to Management

Nothing to say, the management was excellent!

Internship lets students prosper in NY enviornment
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The atmosphere, working relationships and learning experience

No pay and commute

Make use of the resources you have around you, talk to everyone and use your time wisely.

Advice to Management

Make use of the interns, don't let them just sit at a desk. Use them.

Great internship that allows you to learn from the best of the best.
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being at CBS headquaters in New York City and having the opportunity to meet and network with some experienced journalist. I also feel that I was doing the same work as a newly hired full-time employee.

It went by too fast. I would also like to have seen different parts of the company. Mainly got the experience the one place I was stationed and I would like to seen other operations in the company.

Be prepared to work hard and take follow advantage of networking and meeting as many people as you can.