Intern at CBS News Internship Program? Submit a Review

A wonderful hands on experience at CBS News

Meeting professionals

Everything about the internship was completely amazing

Be ready for an ACTUAL internship, where you work with the company.

Advice to Management

Nothing, the organization was flawless.

CBS News internship the most rewarding, challenging and gratifying experience of my life.

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

We were encouraged, and had the ability, to make the internship what best suited to our needs. Not only was I entrusted to complete major projects that involved coordinating logistics for CBS Radio affiliates, I also had time to initiate meetings with reporters and producers I have admired for years. Katie Curcio, our intern coordinator, also did a fantastic job of providing us with speakers every week, kickball and softball games, as well as the chance to spend a week putting together a TV story with a group. I can't complain about one thing about that internship. It was the best.

I honestly liked everything about it. I was nervous to work with random members of a group for a week, but it worked out great and provided real-world challenges that we learned to work through.

Even at the network level, there is a tremendous feeling of family at CBS. I felt welcomed by everyone I met.

CBS News the best place for a journalist to Intern

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The greatest aspects of the internship was the ability to be able to work with producers and assistants on shows. It was a really rewarding experience. Also having the chance to learn from some of the most powerful people in the industry.

Not applicable

My advice is to be eager, attentive, an asset to the team and no job is to little.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!

Great internship that allows you to learn from the best of the best.

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being at CBS headquaters in New York City and having the opportunity to meet and network with some experienced journalist. I also feel that I was doing the same work as a newly hired full-time employee.

It went by too fast. I would also like to have seen different parts of the company. Mainly got the experience the one place I was stationed and I would like to seen other operations in the company.

Be prepared to work hard and take follow advantage of networking and meeting as many people as you can.

CBS News Internship Program a boon to student journalists

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

- the experience (writing, researching, interviewing)
- corporate culture nonexistent (felt welcome and appreciated)

- Educational Housing, the organization which they recommended, was not up to par.

- Appreciative of all workers, no matter what the job.
- Absence of corporate vibe makes everyone feel welcome.

Internship lets students prosper in NY enviornment

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The atmosphere, working relationships and learning experience

No pay and commute

Make use of the resources you have around you, talk to everyone and use your time wisely.

Advice to Management

Make use of the interns, don't let them just sit at a desk. Use them.

Skills and Experience that can not be bought

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working for a national broadcast and helping the producers with content that will actually be used on air.

Lack of structure or mentorship in the beginning to learn the necessities and rules of the broadcast.

It is important to choose an internship that interests you and will allow you to gain professional experience that relates to your academic goals.

Advice to Management

If it is possible, it will be helpful to learn the basics within the first two weeks of the internship. Over the summer we had to learn information the moment we were working on a project rather than knowing it all beforehand.

An excellent, hands-on opportunity to work with a national media organization

Networking, meaningful work

Low compensation

Must be willing to put in serious work and must love journalism.

Advice to Management

Better compensation might be nice, but everything else was truly perfect.

Crash course in all aspects of news production

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Seminars with producers and executives at CBS where they gave us career advice and answered questions. Working on the intern project with other interns and getting a hands-on opportunity to put together a package. All of the CBS employees who went out of their way to help interns.

Not being able to experience what it was like to work in other departments.

Ask lots of questions and ask for opportunities even if the likely answer is "no".

Best Internship Opportunity I've had!

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were the networking opportunities and activities for te interns to get to know other interns and CBS employees.

Sometimes work was slow but that comes with the territory, I would just go to my supervisors and find work.

If you want a well rounded internship experience that introduces you to the world of journalism outside of the classroom, this is the internship for you!

Get Our Career Newsletter

Interview, resume and job search tips emailed directly to you.