Intern at CBS News Intern Program? Submit a Review

The best summer of my life.

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everything about this internship was amazing. I met wonderful people who mentored me and relied on me. I was able to gain so much real-life experience in this field while in an awesome environment.

Sometimes it can be intimidating answering the phones but you just have to be confident and ask someone until you gain a sense of the answers you should be giving.

I would say if you have a will to learn, a love for broadcast and news then CBS News is the place to be.

Advice to Management

It would always be nice to receive a larger compensation just because New York is an expensive place to live but I would not trade my experience for the world.

Gained valuable experience in a national-sized journalism newsroom

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

getting to help out with actual stories, had a legitimate editorial input with producers

didn't have my own desk space

Smile! and be friendly. This is a great place.

A place were 10 seconds is enough time to make an impression on many. Networking, networking and more networking.

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part is the networking and hands on experience. (NEWSPATH)

The stipend could be a little more

Get lost in that building and meet as many people as you can.

An overall great experience with people that truly and honestly care about your success.

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, no matter how high-up they were, were willing to listen and expressed a genuine interest in the things that interested me which I really appreciated.

Sometimes the duties at Newspath weren't as defined so some days I was not as active, but those times I tried to find projects outside of the department.

Mr. Kurt Davis is doing a great job trying to reinvent Newspath's image, so I believe that there is a modernization that will be beneficial for the brand.

Interview and Logging

Interviewing professional athletes

Having to log video, research

Find a department you're interested in

Dreams Become a Reality while interning with CBS News

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I have definitely learned how to work well under pressure and to constantly maintain a positive attitude as a result of this internship. In the future I will be used to working with people from varying backgrounds and personalities and as a result, adapt to the environment a lot better.

I didn't like how I didn't have tasks to do at times, however I know that the reasons make sense since interns can't help with everything.

Because there won't be things to do all the time, I would tell potential interns to do anything and everything. It is not enough to execute a task, but do it with a smile so they can think of you for the next time.

Advice to Management

I had a great schedule and even as a person of color, I felt that this summer's internship group was pretty diverse.

One of the best experiences of my life

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were the connections I was able to make. Also, everyone was very nice and accommodating.

There wasn't a thing that I didn't enjoy.

Take all the opportunities you get and make sure you make the best of what you have.

An internship so great that I wanted to wake up at 3:00 am to get to the office because everyone I worked with was so awesome.

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Accessiblity to amazing resources and everyone at CBS was so willing to share advice and spend time talking to you.

I did not like all the logging and transcribing interviews. But it needs to be done.

They want people who can get the tasks done in a timely fashion and not screw them up - because they are simple tasks and they want to be able to rely on us to get stuff done and then they will continue giving you tasks.

Advice to Management

I think more socioeconomic diversity would be useful. Another opportunity to sit with the higher-ups, the senior producers, would have been good.

Experience broadcast journalism to the fullest

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects are the intern events, the intern project, and getting hands-on experience alongside some of the best in the industry.

I disliked how quiet it was during July.

Work hard and offer help to everyone.

The inside scoop of 60 Minutes, what makes your news tick.

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interacting with amazing mentors, being really involved in team discussions, having a voice, being encouraged to pitch original stories, having the opportunity to produce an original piece, various planned intern events/speaks, comaraderie, making an impact - not just doing clerical work.

In July most of 60 Minutes employees are away so it's a lot of solo work.

Definitely get involved and reach out to people. Everyone is very willing to help but they are also busy with their own projects. If you make it known that you are there and willing to help, they will be great mentors.

Advice to Management

Paid internship would be great, but the experience is worth it regardless.