CBS News Intern Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #4 Best Media & Telecommunications Internships

3.9 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 116 Intern Reviews)

An overall great experience with people that truly and honestly care about your success.
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, no matter how high-up they were, were willing to listen and expressed a genuine interest in the things that interested me which I really appreciated.

Sometimes the duties at Newspath weren't as defined so some days I was not as active, but those times I tried to find projects outside of the department.

Mr. Kurt Davis is doing a great job trying to reinvent Newspath's image, so I believe that there is a modernization that will be beneficial for the brand.

A place were 10 seconds is enough time to make an impression on many. Networking, networking and more networking.
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part is the networking and hands on experience. (NEWSPATH)

The stipend could be a little more

Get lost in that building and meet as many people as you can.

Amazing

Pay; Experience; Opportunity to meet dynamic people in media

It didn't last long enough; process to get jobs after the internship was not clear

Do your best and be yourself

Advice to Management

Better promotion opportunity

Interns develop and harness essential skills in the field of journalism and production .
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

There are so many great aspects about this internship. The notion of pitches that have the potential to make the show is a neat aspect. Furthermore, the ability to sit in on production meetings and gain a better understanding for production and the news environment provides interns with useful knowledge about the process of putting a show together. Going on shoots was also a very cool aspect because we were able to see how interviews work and had each detail is important.

overall I had a good time and learned a lot.

Work hard in school and

Advice to Management

work hard in school and absorb everything you learn, whether it is at your internship or college. Always ask questions and be the one to want to complete tasks.

One of the best experiences of my life
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were the connections I was able to make. Also, everyone was very nice and accommodating.

There wasn't a thing that I didn't enjoy.

Take all the opportunities you get and make sure you make the best of what you have.

Interview and Logging

Interviewing professional athletes

Having to log video, research

Find a department you're interested in

Interns See Cool Things.
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

working with producers, learning from broadcast associates, cookies on Fridays.

commuting

Always be willing to help out with anything, nothing is beneath you.

Dreams Become a Reality while interning with CBS News
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I have definitely learned how to work well under pressure and to constantly maintain a positive attitude as a result of this internship. In the future I will be used to working with people from varying backgrounds and personalities and as a result, adapt to the environment a lot better.

I didn't like how I didn't have tasks to do at times, however I know that the reasons make sense since interns can't help with everything.

Because there won't be things to do all the time, I would tell potential interns to do anything and everything. It is not enough to execute a task, but do it with a smile so they can think of you for the next time.

Advice to Management

I had a great schedule and even as a person of color, I felt that this summer's internship group was pretty diverse.

The inside scoop of 60 Minutes, what makes your news tick.
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interacting with amazing mentors, being really involved in team discussions, having a voice, being encouraged to pitch original stories, having the opportunity to produce an original piece, various planned intern events/speaks, comaraderie, making an impact - not just doing clerical work.

In July most of 60 Minutes employees are away so it's a lot of solo work.

Definitely get involved and reach out to people. Everyone is very willing to help but they are also busy with their own projects. If you make it known that you are there and willing to help, they will be great mentors.

Advice to Management

Paid internship would be great, but the experience is worth it regardless.

CBS News gives people an extraordinary opportunity and experience through internship program
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with were absolutely great, and kept me wanting to come back each day. Being able to watch producers and correspondents at work, as well as putting together a package was an amazing experience.

The hours were long, but nothing that isn't expected for a news organization. Totally managable and acceptable.

CBS News is an incredible place to work and the opportunites you are allowed here go unmatched to any place I have worked so far.