Intern at CBS News Intern Program? Submit a Review

Fast paced, constantly challenging, and immensley rewarding journalism training

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people here are phenomenal and the culture is contagious. Being surrounded by helpful and intelligent mentors was by far the best part of my experience.

If anything it was just too short

Know the company and know the shows. Do your homework and come in with an open mind. Job descriptions don't exist in this business, if you want to be successful you can't consider yourself entitled to anything, at least at first.

Wait this is an INTERNSHIP?! But you do so much!

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I honestly can't pick a best part. I really liked the week-long intern project, but I also really enjoyed working with my bosses and other researchers to make sure our broadcast had the best and most accurate information possible. I was honored to have my work air every night, and my friends often couldn't believe that this was an internship, and not a job because of how well they treated me and the responsibilities they let me have.

I can't think of anything I didn't like.

CBS really takes care of you if you're willing to work hard. The people here are great and extremely helpful, but only if you are willing to work hard. They have no patience for people who don't try, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Advice to Management

I wish we could get more of a stipend, but I understand that's impossible. The internship itself is a worthy investment to make. Their hands are also tied in terms of jobs, because CBS fills jobs very fast, so they usually don't hold positions for an entire school year. All things I wish I could change are just a product of the industry as a whole, and don't reflect individually on CBS.

An overall great experience with people that truly and honestly care about your success.

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, no matter how high-up they were, were willing to listen and expressed a genuine interest in the things that interested me which I really appreciated.

Sometimes the duties at Newspath weren't as defined so some days I was not as active, but those times I tried to find projects outside of the department.

Mr. Kurt Davis is doing a great job trying to reinvent Newspath's image, so I believe that there is a modernization that will be beneficial for the brand.

A place were 10 seconds is enough time to make an impression on many. Networking, networking and more networking.

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part is the networking and hands on experience. (NEWSPATH)

The stipend could be a little more

Get lost in that building and meet as many people as you can.

Intern Loves It

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting all the great people

Not paid by the hour

It's a great work environment

An Eye Opening Experience

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The intern project was the best part of the program

My department was extremely slow in the summer- wasnt something that could be changed

Cbsnews is an exciting, competitive place to work

The inside scoop of 60 Minutes, what makes your news tick.

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interacting with amazing mentors, being really involved in team discussions, having a voice, being encouraged to pitch original stories, having the opportunity to produce an original piece, various planned intern events/speaks, comaraderie, making an impact - not just doing clerical work.

In July most of 60 Minutes employees are away so it's a lot of solo work.

Definitely get involved and reach out to people. Everyone is very willing to help but they are also busy with their own projects. If you make it known that you are there and willing to help, they will be great mentors.

Advice to Management

Paid internship would be great, but the experience is worth it regardless.

This internship was very rewarding.

Welcoming people, interactive work

It was difficult to get work when there were more interns in our department than there was work for

Put your self out there and try and talk to people on a personal level

Opportunity to observe medical broadcasting from a major network

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Going on shoots and watching how news packages are made

A lot of down time

It's great for a resume but there will be a lot of down time. You will get to see how some of the best broadcasters work, but you need to take the initiative.

CBS News gives people an extraordinary opportunity and experience through internship program

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with were absolutely great, and kept me wanting to come back each day. Being able to watch producers and correspondents at work, as well as putting together a package was an amazing experience.

The hours were long, but nothing that isn't expected for a news organization. Totally managable and acceptable.

CBS News is an incredible place to work and the opportunites you are allowed here go unmatched to any place I have worked so far.