Intern at CBS News Intern Program? Submit a Review

Interns develop and harness essential skills in the field of journalism and production .

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

There are so many great aspects about this internship. The notion of pitches that have the potential to make the show is a neat aspect. Furthermore, the ability to sit in on production meetings and gain a better understanding for production and the news environment provides interns with useful knowledge about the process of putting a show together. Going on shoots was also a very cool aspect because we were able to see how interviews work and had each detail is important.

overall I had a good time and learned a lot.

Work hard in school and

Advice to Management

work hard in school and absorb everything you learn, whether it is at your internship or college. Always ask questions and be the one to want to complete tasks.

A place were 10 seconds is enough time to make an impression on many. Networking, networking and more networking.

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part is the networking and hands on experience. (NEWSPATH)

The stipend could be a little more

Get lost in that building and meet as many people as you can.

An overall great experience with people that truly and honestly care about your success.

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, no matter how high-up they were, were willing to listen and expressed a genuine interest in the things that interested me which I really appreciated.

Sometimes the duties at Newspath weren't as defined so some days I was not as active, but those times I tried to find projects outside of the department.

Mr. Kurt Davis is doing a great job trying to reinvent Newspath's image, so I believe that there is a modernization that will be beneficial for the brand.

Gained valuable experience in a national-sized journalism newsroom

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

getting to help out with actual stories, had a legitimate editorial input with producers

didn't have my own desk space

Smile! and be friendly. This is a great place.

An Eye Opening Experience

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The intern project was the best part of the program

My department was extremely slow in the summer- wasnt something that could be changed

Cbsnews is an exciting, competitive place to work

Experience broadcast journalism to the fullest

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects are the intern events, the intern project, and getting hands-on experience alongside some of the best in the industry.

I disliked how quiet it was during July.

Work hard and offer help to everyone.

Opportunity to observe medical broadcasting from a major network

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Going on shoots and watching how news packages are made

A lot of down time

It's great for a resume but there will be a lot of down time. You will get to see how some of the best broadcasters work, but you need to take the initiative.

Interview and Logging

Interviewing professional athletes

Having to log video, research

Find a department you're interested in

Dreams Become a Reality while interning with CBS News

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I have definitely learned how to work well under pressure and to constantly maintain a positive attitude as a result of this internship. In the future I will be used to working with people from varying backgrounds and personalities and as a result, adapt to the environment a lot better.

I didn't like how I didn't have tasks to do at times, however I know that the reasons make sense since interns can't help with everything.

Because there won't be things to do all the time, I would tell potential interns to do anything and everything. It is not enough to execute a task, but do it with a smile so they can think of you for the next time.

Advice to Management

I had a great schedule and even as a person of color, I felt that this summer's internship group was pretty diverse.

An internship so great that I wanted to wake up at 3:00 am to get to the office because everyone I worked with was so awesome.

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Accessiblity to amazing resources and everyone at CBS was so willing to share advice and spend time talking to you.

I did not like all the logging and transcribing interviews. But it needs to be done.

They want people who can get the tasks done in a timely fashion and not screw them up - because they are simple tasks and they want to be able to rely on us to get stuff done and then they will continue giving you tasks.

Advice to Management

I think more socioeconomic diversity would be useful. Another opportunity to sit with the higher-ups, the senior producers, would have been good.