CBS News Intern Program Internship

Intern at CBS News Intern Program Internship? Log in to Submit a Review

The greatest experience of my life.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Met some very important people in the industry and was an integral part of a national news broadcast. The people I worked with were very helpful and easy to talk to. I also really enjoyed the intern project we worked on.

We didn't get to move around different departments or visit them as much as I would have wanted,

If you would like to work in the industry and for this employer, the best thing to do is to put yourself out there. Make your voice heard without being too obnoxious.

It was fantastic. I loved every minute.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The connections. The people. The experience.

No pay in Mannhattan is a kick in the nuts.

If you can afford it, do it.

Internship of a lifetime.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working alongside producers, writers and editors who have established credibility with their work.

The competitiveness between the different intern within the departments. It was only inevitable but I did not appreciate when one would throw another under the bus.

Always dress for success and make sure your voice is heard. It's better if one is proactive rather than being reactive.

CBS News offers excellent experience in journalism, hands on training, and networking opportunities.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were having the opportunity to see how a national news broadcast is run day to day and having the opportunity to be part of something that is seen by thousands of people every day.

Having to work the 4AM-noon shift.

Make sure to network as much as possible and volunteer for help.

Hands on With Endless Opportunities
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of my internship was the hands on experience and seeing the value in the work I did. Also, the workshops that were hosted for the interns every week were an excellent way to personally know the employees of CBS and listen to their stories of how they got to where they are today. In addition, I enjoyed the group project of producing a package to be graded and viewed by several elites who work for CBS. Overall, I had the opportunity to really get a feel of what it is like to work for a major news station and was treated like more than an intern.

Nothing, besides having to commute four hours a day to and from New Jersey and New York, but that was my choice not to live in the city.

They truly want the interns to learn and be part of the work environment by taking advantages of all the resources at their disposal. The more questions you ask, they more you will learn.

Advice to Management

Pay their interns more

Potential for Greatness
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting incredible/inspiring people. Feeling that everyday had a purpose.

Money was very tight and was a bit stressful. Also, some of the younger people that I worked with were actually harder to get along with than the seniors of the show.

I learned important aspects of the business; more than I have in my 3 years of college. I'm prepared to take this on as a career.

Advice to Management

I enjoyed everything and nothing outstanding really comes to mind as to how the program could improve.

Learning the Ropes, Making Connections
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to network with, meet and speak with people who are very prominent in their field. Also being able to create a piece to be shown to the executives was awesome.

Nothing at all.

Go in with an open mind. You are not above any work that you are asked to do. Working hard is rewarded and remembered.

CBS News provides a warm, inviting, and inspirational space for interns to learn
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The boss I worked for was one of the best aspects of the internship. She was inspiring, and made me excited to come to work everyday. I sincerely loved the CBS News energy, ideals, and values. The principles CBS are founded on are not superficial -- every employee believes in them and upholds them strongly. This builds an amazing work environment, and really made me feel like I was part of something bigger than myself.

The only con I have is I feel that 10 weeks is a little long for an internship program - 8 weeks would have been perfect. That being said, the entire experience was unforgettable.

The internship with CBS News provides so many opportunities to learn and hone skills you already have.

Get a taste of the departments at CBS News, work with other interns on a news-piece production, and help assist those in your department.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The group projects and getting an inside view on the different departments at CBS.

Not much to do in my department.

Be sure in your responsibilities.

How the Pro's Do It
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Viewing every aspect of production without feeling intrusive or bothersome.

Not getting reimbursed for travel costs.

There is few margin for error, so be thorough and collaborative by all means.