Intern at CBS News Internship Program? Submit a Review

best internship ever

Going on shoots

Crazy hours

Know information about the company you are trying to work for

Advice to Management

N/a

Who host the CBS Evenjng News?

CBS is an amazing place of work with a professional and fun atmosphere.

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone who works at CBS is so accessible; there is no one who will not take the time to speak to you if you have a question or would like advice. If you work hard, people will take notice and more opportunities will come your way.

There is very little structure in certain departments. You have to make the most of your experience by branching out and talking to people or you will sit there unfulfilled all summer.

CBS is the place if you are considering a professional career in real journalism. Everyone there is a consummate professional who constantly wants to push the bar on company and personal standards.

Who anchors CBS This Morning?
Who anchors the CBS Evening News?
What is your favorite television show?
What time does Dateline come on?

Incredible learning & internship experience!

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I got to experience all aspects of television production, great exposure to the broadcast news industry, met several major news anchors and correspondents, great learning experience!

The amount of down time

Always be willing to do anything no matter how tedious or small- always say yes to any task. Try to make yourself as useful and valuable as possible.

Be knowledgable of major news topics, names of correspondents, and public knowledge (supreme court justices, secretary of state, presidential candidates)

Gain hands on experience and do real meaningful work for the whole world to see

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking, a lot of real life experience, no meaningless or menial assignments. Hands on.

Too many interns, no information about jobs after the internship

Very fair and honest, good compensation.

Amazing opportunity all broadcasting studets should be looking into

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Advice and assistance from the top people in the news industry. Real experience being a part of what is being showcased on air. Seminars with very experienced journalists.

Some of the interns were clearly the "favorites" and got more chances than others. No opportunities to try a new department and see what another news show is like

Be open to do anything you are asked to do. Ask questions instead of assuming. Know what is happening in the world. Don't compete with other interns just focus on yourself

Who anchors the evening news?

What current news are you following right now? ( and be prepared to talk about it!)

What public figure living or dead do you look up to?

My internship experience at CBS News had gave me once in a lifetime opportunites.

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being around so many successful people in an industry I desperately want a career in. Being able to get an inside look at how such a massive network is run seamlessly. Everyone I met was very kind and welcoming. The group project was an incredible learning experience.

At times the department I was in was a little slow.

Walk into the building humble and willing to do anything asked of you with a smile on your face. The fact that you are even allowed in there is a blessing in itself.

Advice to Management

Nothing.

Best News Experience of My Life

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

- intern project I got to work on with other interns
- everybody was nice and welcoming and answered all my questions
- given tasks to do that were beneficial

- sometimes had a lot of down time that I didn't know what to do with

- ask questions and ask to do things!

Advice to Management

- approach interns and make them feel comfortable to approach you with questions.

- What will you bring to CBS News?
- Name some of the hosts or correspondents for the different shows on CBS News

You Are At The Right Place

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed the seminars where we could talk to the leaders in the company. I also liked having the opportunity to write for the web.

I wish I had more opportunities to venture into other departments to see what they do on a usual work day.

The exposure you get is phenomenal.

Advice to Management

I think compensation could be better, especially if you are located in a bigger city.

Tell me about your experience?

The Summer that I Sharpened My Craft: How my internship at CBS News changed my life

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of my internship were: working with amazing people in my department, getting the opportunity to network outside of my unit, and hearing from top executives of the organization through scheduled internship workshops.

I honestly can't think of any cons.

Make sure that you know the news inside and out. Also, be yourself and do your best in whichever department you end up.

Student receives invaluable resources and unforgettable experience interning at CBS

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed working with so many people from different backgrounds. Each had something to offer me, and through them, I was able to improve as a Journalist. My critical thinking was challenged along with my patience and tenacity. Every day I was busy, and no two days were the same

I did not have much of an opportunity to write for CBS.

Work as hard as you can whenever you are inside the office. Talk to as many people as possible, you never know where a connection may come from.

Advice to Management

Host more writing workshops/seminars.