CBS News Intern Program Internship

Intern at CBS News Intern Program Internship? Log in to Submit a Review

CBS News: The Real World Journalistic Experience
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Some of the best aspects of the internship were being able to network with those within the company as well as other interns and receieving guidance through our weekly workshops.

What I liked least about the internship was not being able to show as much of my work for criticism.

I would tell potential interns to not be afraid to ask questions because all uncertainties can be addressed.

Crash course in all aspects of news production
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Seminars with producers and executives at CBS where they gave us career advice and answered questions. Working on the intern project with other interns and getting a hands-on opportunity to put together a package. All of the CBS employees who went out of their way to help interns.

Not being able to experience what it was like to work in other departments.

Ask lots of questions and ask for opportunities even if the likely answer is "no".

CBS News has confirmed that I am pursuing the field I want to be in, and encourages my passion to excel at whatever task is given to me.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning the many aspects that go into creating a news show and networking with these people.

I wish there were some way to improve one's writing skills.

No job is above you, but no job is beneath you either. Pursue anything you want to do to make a lasting impression from making behind-the-scenes videos to reorganizing cabinets to free up more space. Every extra thing goes a long way.

Best Internship Opportunity I've had!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were the networking opportunities and activities for te interns to get to know other interns and CBS employees.

Sometimes work was slow but that comes with the territory, I would just go to my supervisors and find work.

If you want a well rounded internship experience that introduces you to the world of journalism outside of the classroom, this is the internship for you!

An excellent, hands-on opportunity to work with a national media organization

Networking, meaningful work

Low compensation

Must be willing to put in serious work and must love journalism.

Advice to Management

Better compensation might be nice, but everything else was truly perfect.

Want a Dream Job? Start Paving Your Path With a Dream Internship at CBS News!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship are the group project and the people you get to meet. The group project is insanely challenging, but that's what makes it fun. The advisors are more than willing to help you out, and if you get the right group of kids together, it makes for a truly memorable experience. In addition, all of the people you will meet (whether employees or other interns) are all awesome. They make the internship experience great.

I wish we could have at least gotten more of a travel stipend! My school takes academic credit, but it only takes one credit, that doesn't count toward graduation...so basically they don't count it, which meant I couldn't get a travel stipend or a discounted train pass or housing discounts. To be honest, it was a privilege to intern here, so I didn't see it as something that was their problem. It was my situation, and I was fortunate enough to be picked, so I made arrangements as necessary to take advantage of this opportunity.

Talk to as many people as you can and ask how invested they are in the intern program. They absolutely love it, and if you're an intern who talks to a lot of different people and makes a lot of different contacts, these will be great references for future employers

Advice to Management

The only thing was travel money, but to be honest, it was a privilege to intern here, so I didn't see it as something that was their problem. It was my situation, and I was fortunate enough to be picked, so I made arrangements as necessary to take advantage of this opportunity.

Work the dream career as an intern
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

There are several opportunities to help producers with on-air content for the broadcast. As an intern I also had the ability to meet celebrities and attend on-location shoots. We are considered a part of the team and we are treated with respect as the other entry-level employees of the station.

Since this was a morning broadcast, the producers were very busy. In the beginning it would have been helpful to have a mentor or teacher describe the basics of working for a news station as well as helpful tips to succeed. The information in the beginning of the internship was very sporadic and there might have been less mistakes if people learned the proper way to complete tasks.

This is an internship that allows you to gain professional experience working with a prestigious company. CBS News is amazing and it is up to you to utilize all of the resources and services provided through this internship.

CBS intern hoping make this a permanent career.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The networking opportunities and going on shoots.

That I was broke in NYC but it was worthwhile.

Always be prepared to do more than what is expected of you.

Taking a Risk Pays Off: CBS Internship Completely Worth It
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The networking opportunities, what I learned, the people I met, etc

Nothing - it was an amazing experience

Dont be afraid to apply somewhere outside of your comfort zone

Great learning experience that I know I couldn't receive anyplace else.

Networking opportunities.

The stipend was not sufficient.

Try your best to network with people. Networking will get you a job.

Advice to Management

If we received a bigger stipend it would probably motivate the interns a bit more.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)