Intern at CBS News Internship Program? Submit a Review

The best internship in New York City for Journalism.

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Met some great people. Learned a lot about how national news works.

Logging tape for producers. But It was still great experience.

You need to always be ready to work. Holidays etc. The news never stops.

Where do you get your news from?

A One of a Kind Life-Enriching Experience

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Some of the best aspects of my internship included: accessibility to executive producers and other company leaders, shadowing producers during a production shoot, learning the behind-the-scenes operations of the show, and meeting some of the people that I look up to.

The only thing that I would've liked to see differently is more opportunities for the interns to get to know one another on a more personal level however I understand that the business of our intern schedules would've made this task almost impossible.

Make sure that before participating in this internship you have prepared to bring your best effort and an attitude to learn. If you decide to take the internship, make sure that you come prepared to network with some of the best storytellers you will ever meet and be ready to learn from some of the kindest professionals you'll ever know.

Advice to Management

I can't think of anything that the organization could do better to become a better place to work.

The most amazing incredible experience I have ever seen.

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

learning everything I did, the speakers who came to talk to us, the experience will last me a life time. I couldn't have asked for a better program.

I didn't not like anything ... I would take this internship all over again without a doubt. It was amazing and I recommend everyone to apply.

Know everything about the company before you apply, know what you are getting into and prepare yourself for the best internship.

Advice to Management

I think I would have been cool to switch to different positions in the departments. But once again I loved being here and I wouldn't have changed anything.

CBS News Provides Constant Excitement and Immense Growth for Interns

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone I worked with was so welcoming and talented. It was really wonderful to work with so many incredible people willing to help.

It was so rewarding to put in so much hard work and be awarded more responsibility.

Be sure to put in the work because you get in as much as you put in.

Advice to Management

Honestly I would have them just continue exactly as there are. I had a wonderful experience.

Experience?
Why CBS?
Favorite movie?

CBS TRAINS THE BEST OF THE BEST.

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

They were okay with you basically doing what you wanted. If you wanted to sit at your desk and read a book all day they would let you. They would notice and not like it, but they would let you. If you wanted to write, or go out on location shoots or explore the other departments and employees for the day, you could.

And it's a case that I'm learning will continue to happen as I grow and enter the workforce. There were interns in my opinion. That weren't picked on the skills but on who their parents were. When you tell me you don't know the basics, the bare minimal, of what this industry is about, I look at you and think what are you doing here? When you can at a fool and they fuss at you, but then your star daddy walks in the room and the same professionals that fussed you out are now going, Mr. --- you're child is so great. I have a problem with that. That spot could have gone to someone who really deserved/earned/could have contributed to it.

Know that there's a hierarchy. And when you come in you are dead at the bottom.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to give your interns real work.

Why do you want this job?
What do you know about the company?
What do you want to get out of the experience?

CBS News is the Best News Internship Program

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The real-life experience, the comprehensive training, the inclusive culture, the varied opportunities, the exciting opportunities -- atypical intern tasks (rarely getting coffee, making copies, etc.)

I would have liked to learn more in-depth information about future opportunities at the company.

Take advantage of the people you are working for -- they are a great resource for learning about the industry, future work opportunities, career advice, industry culture, etc.

Advice to Management

Allow interns to gain experience/knowledge of other departments than just the one they are assigned to.

What is a story in the news that you are interested in at the moment? Who are the anchors of CBS This Morning? What day and time does 60 Minutes air?

Great learning experience

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking, guest speakers, well-calculated internship experience, ability to do real and meaningful work

Not being able to rotate to different departments

Take advantage of every opportunity that comes up because there will be so me chances to do more or learn more, so you should capitalize on this moments to really get the most out of the experience.

Specific questions about CBS News

Intern provided with a remarkable learning experience in a welcoming environment had the best summer ever

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone was so eager to teach me everything that they knew, everyone welcomed me warmly from the first day all the way to the last day, I was offered experiences that I never thought I would get because producers and BAs noticed the work I was doing, I got to work a varied schedule which allowed me to see every aspect of the show, I got to pitch my own story ideas, doing the internship project, having CBS producers and talent come and do workshops with us. I developed great connections and developed so many friendships with other interns and CBS employees that I will keep forever. The supervisors were so easy to work with and wanted us to succeed. There were no closed doors at CBS.

I enjoyed everything that I did at CBS and do not regret anything. There were times when there would be a lot of grunt work like logging, but these were all so beneficial to my learning and sometimes they were long, but I got so much faster at typing and multitasking. There were really no negatives to this internship. I loved it all.

CBS is a great employer who values it's employees and wants everyone to feel at home and feel welcomed. I saw everyone working as a team and interacting as family. It is a working environment that is fast but everyone thrives. It is up to the employee to stay on top of items and complete as much as they can though, This is not a job for lazy people.

Advice to Management

I liked everything at CBS and thought I was treated with the highest respect and felt at home. I made great relationships with people and got along with everyone. I personally have no complaints and thought that diversity was great, hours were great, and compensation was great.

1. What is your favorite non-news show
2. Who is someone you look up to?
3. What date and time is 60 Minutes on?
4. Who is the anchor of CBS Evening News?
5. Tell me what is happening now in news on the political spectrum

Participation in Breaking News
Opportunity to Participate in Other Departments

Long Hours - No Overtime
Commute to Internship from Available/Affordable Housing

I would contact and have interactions with as many people as possible and find individuals that have hiring capabilities.

Advice to Management

My experience with every manager type was overall enjoyable.

Where would you hope this internship leads, if it leads to anything? How would you react to news of hiring or news that they wouldn't be pursuing you further?

The Road Less Traveled

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of opportunities to network and the chance to create more content to add to my demo reel.

Really enjoyed every bit of it.

Don't let there be a "slow day". Use that downtime to try to help someone or learn something new.