Liberty Mutual Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #32 Best Overall Internships

Learning Insurance 101
Manchester, NH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting great people and learning valuable information.

Sometimes it was repetitive, but that is the case anywhere.

Learn as much as you can and grow your network as much as possible.

When was a time when you had to solve a tough problem?

When was a time when you had to take control of a group?

Advice to Management

Keep everybody on the same page.

Liberty Mutual: Great Pay, Amazing Opportunities.
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

A few best aspects of my internship included great compensation, an open work schedule (you can come in anytime between 7-9, and leave between 3-5), being treated the same as a full time associate, and a meaningful internship experience where I made great networking opportunities and actually learned transferable skills.

I did not enjoy working in the Claims department, as most of the job concerns calling claimants and medical professionals.

Liberty is a fantastic place to work once you get your foot in the door, I did not enjoy my actual position but feel that the company itself is incredibe. I look forward to transfering to a different department next year, and am very excited for the future opportunities my manager and operations manager have advised me on. You could not ask for a better place to work, people care about you, you are paid well, and you can come and go whenever as long as you get your work done. The workload itself was definitely managable, with strict company guidelines of working no more than 37.5 hours a week. Liberty cares greatly about its interns

-Tell us about a time you had to give hard news to another individual. What did you say and how did they handle it?

-What is your biggest weakness?

Advice to Management

The only advice I could give Liberty is to expand on the training program. I was given many opportunities to work on complex claims and make complex decisions, although I was only supposed to work on 'simple' claims. I really enjoyed this, because I was able to go above and beyond my role, although I had to learn a lot of stuff outside of my training class. I would advise a split training program that covers simple actions and procedures such as ICP's amd EDM's for one week, a one week introductory break to get to know one's team and mentor, then a second week of training for claim approvals and handling complex icps.

a true devleopment program, both personally and professionally
Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

ample training classes, paid time off, lots of perks: yacht ride, trip to boston, ice cream days, happy hours..., happy/busy work enviroment, so many pros

some training classes were a bit repetitive of things I've already learned in school, but overall useful.

You will be busy, get to know your coworkers and fellow interns. The non competitve intern enviroment is very nice, everyone is friends and we all hangout on the weekend.

behavioral questions + case interview + job shadow + lunch with the department.

ex: describe a difficult problem and how you overcame it

describe a time when someone else on your team wanted to take a different course of action and how you handled the situation

Advice to Management

consider offering better benefits in regards to continuing education instead of higher compensation.

If you want to feel valued, come intern at Liberty Mutual
Harrisburg, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Compensation, work environment, and opportunity for growth. For exceptional interns that the company is interested in hiring they have an all-expense paid trip to Boston at the end of the summer.

Not enough work at times

Liberty Mutual truly is all about responsibility. If you are a dedicated and responsible person, Liberty Mutual will treat you well.

Give me an example of a time when you were put in a situation where you had to think on your feet.

What was your favorite job and why, and what was your least favorite job, and why?

Career Gateway Internship!
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given a significant amount of responsibility that allowed me to gain and develop some crucial skills that are very effective in my full time position.

Nothing, this internship was more than I was expecting it to be!

If you're looking for an internship that future employers will take seriously this is the perfect opportunity for you.

Liberty cares about your career development, and shows it!
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

They care a lot about your career development, not just the work you put in

I didn't like the fact that for the internship I felt like it was more about trying to prove myself for a full time offer, and I couldn't focus on learning as much, but it paid off.

Just give it your all, and if you try hard you will be rewarded.

Real Hands-on work
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I like doing account recs.

I liked everything about my job

You have the opportunity to do real work. It is meaningful and you feel good that you are contributing.

Describe a time you had issues working with others?

What are process improvements that you saw to improve during your job?

Advice to Management

I am happy with all of the above listed.

A learning and supportive environment.

The trainings

I wished that the executive sessions were better.

It is a very supportive environment that helps employees move around the company to where they feel best.

Priceless, eye-opening, expanding, joyful way to spend a summer while learning.
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I got to work with/meet.

That it was only for 3 months. I wish I didn't have to end the internship.

Disregard the fact that this is an insurance company. They are MUCH more than that. You will not be disappointed if you choose to give Liberty Mutual Insurance a shot.

Learn the business and execute what you have learned
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

teamwork, relevant projects, fun atmosphere, great use of resources, technically suplied well

trying to communicate with people in the region can sometimes be difficult with certain personalities

ask questions, come to work on time, know/write down your assignments for the day

Tell me about a time where you had to solve a complicated problem and how did you solve it/

tell me about a time where you had imperfect information and had to present it to a group?

tell me what you think your weaknesses are?

Advice to Management

more one on one training, facetime with higher management, easier and clear guidline for overtime hours

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)