Intern at Liberty Mutual Internship Program? Submit a Review

Liberty Mutual: Great Pay, Amazing Opportunities.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

A few best aspects of my internship included great compensation, an open work schedule (you can come in anytime between 7-9, and leave between 3-5), being treated the same as a full time associate, and a meaningful internship experience where I made great networking opportunities and actually learned transferable skills.

I did not enjoy working in the Claims department, as most of the job concerns calling claimants and medical professionals.

Liberty is a fantastic place to work once you get your foot in the door, I did not enjoy my actual position but feel that the company itself is incredibe. I look forward to transfering to a different department next year, and am very excited for the future opportunities my manager and operations manager have advised me on. You could not ask for a better place to work, people care about you, you are paid well, and you can come and go whenever as long as you get your work done. The workload itself was definitely managable, with strict company guidelines of working no more than 37.5 hours a week. Liberty cares greatly about its interns

-Tell us about a time you had to give hard news to another individual. What did you say and how did they handle it?

-What is your biggest weakness?

Advice to Management

The only advice I could give Liberty is to expand on the training program. I was given many opportunities to work on complex claims and make complex decisions, although I was only supposed to work on 'simple' claims. I really enjoyed this, because I was able to go above and beyond my role, although I had to learn a lot of stuff outside of my training class. I would advise a split training program that covers simple actions and procedures such as ICP's amd EDM's for one week, a one week introductory break to get to know one's team and mentor, then a second week of training for claim approvals and handling complex icps.

If you want to feel valued, come intern at Liberty Mutual

Harrisburg, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Compensation, work environment, and opportunity for growth. For exceptional interns that the company is interested in hiring they have an all-expense paid trip to Boston at the end of the summer.

Not enough work at times

Liberty Mutual truly is all about responsibility. If you are a dedicated and responsible person, Liberty Mutual will treat you well.

Give me an example of a time when you were put in a situation where you had to think on your feet.

What was your favorite job and why, and what was your least favorite job, and why?

Great work experience with unbelievable potential of career development

Toledo, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

office culture

nothing, everything is great. Challenging but great things in life are challenging

Take advenatge of all the opportunities they provide

What would you bring to Liberty Mutual

Advice to Management

No complaints, an amzing internship

The perfect transition to full time work

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The experience

Some of the people were very technical

Great place to work

Experience a strong learning experience that will introduce you to the insurance industry and will give you strong customer service skills

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed the constant communication with co-workers and clients. I also really enjoyed the investigative nature of my role in insurance claims

I felt the role becoming less and less challenging as I got more familiar with my role. I did not feel a continued challenge at the level that I wished

Come in with an open mind, enthusiasm, and a willingness to learn, as there is much to learn from start to end about the insurance industry.

Describe a time when you were very frustrated with a situation and came out of the situation with a positive outcome.

Advice to Management

Cannot think of any

Valuable Real Life Work Experience

Cincinnati, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meaningful work, reasonable hours, well paying

More work hours, shadow other offices

Great company to work for, high value of interns, great future opportunities, meaningful work

Advice to Management

More information for hires moving to a new city for the internship regarding housing, more networking events planned for interns at offices that are not in Boston.

I learn a very diverse set of skills, challanging myself every day to learn and contribute more.

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amount of training effort that went into readying me for the position. The constant sight of future opportunities. The engagement and envolvement with the entire team.

Sometimes a quiet office.

Be ready to be able to work independently, but know that there is always support if you need it. You will have the chance to gain a huge skillset and knowledge of the insurance industry no matter what department you are in.

More personal-based questions. They look for the quality of character and experiences, rather than the depth of knowledge you learn from books and classes. This shows due to the type of people that work here, most of who have absolutely no ego or issue helping someone out.

Challenging work, but worth it. For those who enjoy problem solving.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, significant work, the people I work with.

Had to study for an exam, work, and commute a ways to get to work.

Learn as much as you can and get as involved as you can. And have fun with the people you work with.

Strengths/weakness, experience, tech skills.

Advice to Management

Pretty good, corporate is corporate.

Learning Insurance 101

Manchester, NH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting great people and learning valuable information.

Sometimes it was repetitive, but that is the case anywhere.

Learn as much as you can and grow your network as much as possible.

When was a time when you had to solve a tough problem?

When was a time when you had to take control of a group?

Advice to Management

Keep everybody on the same page.

Prepare Yourself to : Establish your Strengths, break down your weaknesses, and Take one Step Closer to What you Want.

Manchester, NH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone I worked with in my office was amazing and showed me nothing but respect and a genuine interest in my development at the company.

Liberty Mutual is a massive country so I would love an opportunity to see more of the operations if that would be possible.

I have had a great experience for several reasons. There has never been a day where I have not felt that my manager and co-workers support me and are willing to help me with issues I am having. At LMI, employees are understanding and willing to educate you as long as you are willing to put forth the effort. Here at Liberty Mutual, you are surrounded by motivated people at all different stages of life. A great place to learn and build.

Name a time where you needed to make a quick decision? How did it work out?

Advice to Management

Specifically for interns, an internship program that allows the intern to observe several department would be so beneficial for the intern and allow the company to be more competitive when attempting to convince the intern to become full time.