Liberty Mutual Internship Program

Find your way with Liberty
Boston, MA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

THe best aspects were getting to do real work, learn about the other departments, and the general willingness to help the interns.

If I had to say something? SOemtimes I do not always have something to do, but I would rather do meaningful work then do busy work.

Nothing is set in stone. You can move about the company very easily. Whether it is departments of locations. THe company is flexible to what you need...and did I mention they have tuition reimbursment

Advice to Management

n/a

The Perfect Introduction to Corporate Life
Seattle, WA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, real assignments/jobs, good pay, and a welcoming feeling fostered by management to train, develop, and interate me into their systems.

My commute time

Plenty of real work, excellent corporate connections, good future job prospects, and generally a very solid working environment.

Awsome
Houston, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

being able to interact with customers and help then in determining the amount of coverage that best suits their needs, is the best part of my internship.

The part that I least enjoyed about my internship was that it's not long enough! I am anticipating the day when I can fully focus solely on Life at Liberty; when I can actually implement what my education has taught me in the work place.

Liberty mutual give prospective employees an opportunity to experience what the life in sales/other positions within the company would be like, before actually coming on board. They give interns the tools necessary to succeed by allowing them to work alongside a mentor who is able to guide them every step of the way. The interns are also compensated for their work which is always a plus.

Advice to Management

I honestly love everything about the way my office location is managed. Management has really done a great job of not only demonstrating, but also living up to the culture of what LM ultimately wants their employees to model.

Gain real life work experience, meet incredible people, recieve hands-on training and have a blast while doing it!
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed the flexible work hour schedule. I was able to come in to work at 7am and leave at 3pm almost everyday. This enabled me to gain solid experience working 8 hours a day but also gave me time to explore NH after work.

It took some time to adjust to working a full 37.5 hour work week.

You will not regret interning for LM. It will be a great experience, you'll meet a lot of great new people, and it will open the door to many new opportunities.

Advice to Management

I could have adjusted more quickly with additional training at the beginning of the internship.

Great people, Great experience, Great company
Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

gained a lot of experience, was trusted with much responsibility, friendly and helpful employees and manager, flexible, managers and team members extremely easy to approach with questions and concerns

I can't think of anything.

Be open to learning; don't be afraid to ask questions when you need to

Liberty Mutual - An Internship Opportunity That's Tough to Beat
Irving, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Liberty offers highy competitive benefits. Furthermore, and perhaps more importantly, the people at Liberty truly are interested in making your internship an experience where you gather valuable work experience.

The nature of the work I was involved in was pretty mundane and boring.

This is a great company to work for. If you're applying for a position in claims, be sure that you want to do a lot of phone calls and data entry.

Advice to Management

NA

Incredible Experience for a Liberty Mutual Intern
Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really liked the pay for this internship since it is a rare thing. I also like getting out of the office, and meeting people. I felt like I learned a lot, and that I was a beneficial part of the business as an intern. The hours were flexible, they pushed you to be successful, and they reward interns with a trip to Boston.

I did not like moving around from office to office it is difficult to keep adjusting to that change. I did not like that I felt like I was impending on a sales reps time when they had to go to my appointments. I also did not like handing over my referrals to a different sales rep.

You would want to work at this organization, it is paid, but that is not the best part. They really teach you how to be successful at this job, it is a lot of fun, and it is a beneficial real life learning experience

Advice to Management

I would have an intern assigned to a specific office, it is so hard on them to move around.

Jumpstart your career with an unparalleled boost into professional development!
Boston, MA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

worked on meaningful projects that were taken into serious consideration by high level management and was treated as a full time hire with regards to work life and assignments

new hires that were brought in at a relatively similar time as the interns had an unjustified condescending attitude

Liberty Mutual has great resources and development programs along with a buddy system that will help ease you into the professional environment

When you work hard and make the most of your internship through mentoring, networking and education - your hard work pays off!
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

One of the best aspects of the internship was the mentoring Liberty Mutual provided its interns with. Each intern is set up with a mentor on their team, in which they can ask questions ranging from specific day to day activities to personal inqueries. It provides interns with an amazing support system to help them transition into the job. Additionally, it provides for a more thorough learning experience. Liberty mutual provided me many opportunities for training, education, and development!

I do not have any complaints about my internship.

Liberty Mutual is an amazing company to work for - although it is a large corporation, the people who work for Liberty are kind and genuine people who truly want to see you succeed. You can also tell that the company cares about its employees - it fosters an environment of responsibility and doing the right thing, both for yourself and others and externally in the community. The hardest part about Liberty Mutual is getting your foot in the door - but once you're in, you have so many opportunities to learn and develop and find a job thats right for you.

The best claims internship experience ever!
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Gaining more knowledge about the company. I enjoyed learning how insurance claims operate, and dealing with fast track tasks.

I would suggest the internship program be longer in length.

Liberty Mutual is an excellent organization to work for. Their internship program is excellent for undergraduate students to gain more knowledge and experience working in insurance.