Liberty Mutual Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #32 Best Overall Internships

4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 580 Intern Reviews)

Real Hands-on work
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I like doing account recs.

I liked everything about my job

You have the opportunity to do real work. It is meaningful and you feel good that you are contributing.

Describe a time you had issues working with others?

What are process improvements that you saw to improve during your job?

Advice to Management

I am happy with all of the above listed.

a true devleopment program, both personally and professionally
Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

ample training classes, paid time off, lots of perks: yacht ride, trip to boston, ice cream days, happy hours..., happy/busy work enviroment, so many pros

some training classes were a bit repetitive of things I've already learned in school, but overall useful.

You will be busy, get to know your coworkers and fellow interns. The non competitve intern enviroment is very nice, everyone is friends and we all hangout on the weekend.

behavioral questions + case interview + job shadow + lunch with the department.

ex: describe a difficult problem and how you overcame it

describe a time when someone else on your team wanted to take a different course of action and how you handled the situation

Advice to Management

consider offering better benefits in regards to continuing education instead of higher compensation.

Career Gateway Internship!
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given a significant amount of responsibility that allowed me to gain and develop some crucial skills that are very effective in my full time position.

Nothing, this internship was more than I was expecting it to be!

If you're looking for an internship that future employers will take seriously this is the perfect opportunity for you.

I loved my Liberty Mutual Internship so much that I don't want it to end until I become a full time employee!
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of my internship was the level of experience I gained. I was given tasks that employees with over 5 years of experience were doing. i was given freedom to execute them but also had a support system to aid me with any questions or issues that I faced. Looking back on my internship, I can truly say that I owned and executed campaigns, tasks, and jobs at a high level.

Honestly, there wasn't anything that I didn't like. The aspect I liked the least was the lack of more organized social interaction for all of the interns. There were some opportunities, especially in the three day conference for rising seniors, but I would have liked to have built my peer to peer network more since I was the only intern in my department. Some departments had 20-40 interns. I would have appreciated getting to know more people who may be my coworkers here one day.

Liberty Mutual is a wonderful company to work for. Their corporate culture and values only highlight the moral integrity of this company. Coworkers are supportive, friendly, and on the younger side. As an intern at this company, you will get serious hands-on experience. if you want an internship where you fetch coffee and do administrative tasks that employees don't want to do, don't come to Liberty Mutual. If you want to reflect on your internship and be able to proudly say you accomplished a lot of tasks on a high level where you effort is respected and valued all while furthering your professional career development, Liberty Mutual is the place to be. I highly recommend this internship program to anyone who is motivated and driven to excel in their career.

Tell me some of the things you have recently done on excel. What are your skills?

Tell me about a time you had to management multiple projects.

What is your biggest strength? Weakness?

Valuable Real Life Work Experience
Cincinnati, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meaningful work, reasonable hours, well paying

More work hours, shadow other offices

Great company to work for, high value of interns, great future opportunities, meaningful work

Advice to Management

More information for hires moving to a new city for the internship regarding housing, more networking events planned for interns at offices that are not in Boston.

Challenging work, but worth it. For those who enjoy problem solving.
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, significant work, the people I work with.

Had to study for an exam, work, and commute a ways to get to work.

Learn as much as you can and get as involved as you can. And have fun with the people you work with.

Strengths/weakness, experience, tech skills.

Advice to Management

Pretty good, corporate is corporate.

Experience a strong learning experience that will introduce you to the insurance industry and will give you strong customer service skills
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed the constant communication with co-workers and clients. I also really enjoyed the investigative nature of my role in insurance claims

I felt the role becoming less and less challenging as I got more familiar with my role. I did not feel a continued challenge at the level that I wished

Come in with an open mind, enthusiasm, and a willingness to learn, as there is much to learn from start to end about the insurance industry.

Describe a time when you were very frustrated with a situation and came out of the situation with a positive outcome.

Advice to Management

Cannot think of any

I learn a very diverse set of skills, challanging myself every day to learn and contribute more.
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amount of training effort that went into readying me for the position. The constant sight of future opportunities. The engagement and envolvement with the entire team.

Sometimes a quiet office.

Be ready to be able to work independently, but know that there is always support if you need it. You will have the chance to gain a huge skillset and knowledge of the insurance industry no matter what department you are in.

More personal-based questions. They look for the quality of character and experiences, rather than the depth of knowledge you learn from books and classes. This shows due to the type of people that work here, most of who have absolutely no ego or issue helping someone out.

The best summer ever.
Cincinnati, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Liberty Mutual provided a space online called the Intern Hub that allowed us to connect to our fellow interns and see what was going on in other offices. They also coordinated events within the office such as a social, Management Q&A panel, and a recent graduates Q&A panel. I received one-on-one time with my manager every 3 weeks, and I was put on a real project where I was able to attend regular stand up meetings everyday. At the end of the summer, I was invited to Senior Forum (for senior interns only) which allowed me to obtain a better insight into the company. They were able to answer all my questions I had about the company and more!

I wish I had more work during the summer at some points in time.

Liberty Mutual respects their interns which can be clearly seen by a competitive hourly rate (as an intern), and the numerous events throughout the summer.

Learning Insurance 101
Manchester, NH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting great people and learning valuable information.

Sometimes it was repetitive, but that is the case anywhere.

Learn as much as you can and grow your network as much as possible.

When was a time when you had to solve a tough problem?

When was a time when you had to take control of a group?

Advice to Management

Keep everybody on the same page.