Intern at Liberty Mutual Internship Program? Submit a Review

Real, challenging work preparing you for a full-time role with Liberty Mutual.

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to work with a team, and working on "real" projects where you could see the outcome and how they helped the company.

Workload was sporadic, and and it is a large program so you don't always receive 1 on 1 attention.

If you like analytical work then this would be a good opportunity.

Advice to Management

In general they were very good, but some of the intern activities seemed forced and did not add much to the overall internship experience.

Getting to Know the Corporate Environment, It's Not Bad At All

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking Opportunities, Self-Guided Training & Available Resources, Comfortable Work-Environment & Friendly People

Assigned work did not relate enough to my technical skills. Wanted more coding projects and less documentation work.

Do a lot of research on the employer and the organization's reputation. Ask for a sample calendar/schedule of what type of work or technologies you will be working with during the course of your internship. Evaluate your location from home carefully. Commuting over two hours a day to work and back home is extremely exhausting. Just find an apartment close-by.

What technical skills do you have? Any web-development skills (HTML, CSS, JavaScript, MySQL, etc.)

Give me an example of a time you had to work with someone you didn't like. What did you do to overcome the conflict?

What was the greatest challenge/most complicated problem you've had to overcome? How did you overcome it?

Advice to Management

More time dedicated to training opportunities and learning new technical skills, beyond every day work.

Intern learns Sales Skills and Technique.

Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with were phenomanal and I loved coming to work each day. In addition I learned invaluable sales techniques and grew comfortable with rejection.

The internship was alot of work and at times repetive, as many jobs can be.

Take it seriously as a job and future career. If you do this you will do well and it will likely lead to a fufilling oppurtunity.

What drives you?

Are you comfortable engaging and meeting new people?

What sales experience have you had?

Advice to Management

Encourage interns to help build their sales reps sources and give them a small budget to do so.

Great place to jumpstart your career

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Practical experience, mentorship program, job prospects

No formal one-on-one meeting with my manager

When evaluating a potential internship site, don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions during your interview process. Especially ask questions about what specific tasks you will be doing.

Advice to Management

The organization should attempt to update the application system we use to do work, it seems a little out of date and somewhat inefficient.

Great practical experience that prepares you well for a transition into a full-time job

Manchester, NH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flex time, great pay, and great experience. You are valued and treated with respect. You are challenged enough to benefit from the experience. You are also assigned a mentor to help answer all your questions, this is definitely very helpful and gives you the confidence to get a lot of work done.

I did not have formal one-on-one meetings with my mentor or manager, which would have been beneficial.

Set up formal meetings with your manager when you get the chance.

Tell me about a time which you stepped above authority in school.

Intern is only in the title. Become a valued member of a team, with real and rewarding experience.

San Diego, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was treated as a regular employee. Never at any time, did I feel like an intern. The employees treated me with respect and treated me as any other full-time employee. The pay was great and I will walk away with a valuable skill.

Objectives werent always clear. As the first intern in the office, the goals and objectives for me were not clearly outlined or demonstrated.

If you want an internship and organization that values its employees and employs its interns to become full-time employees, than this intership is for you. Never at any point will you feel undervalued as an employee and your work will not go unnoticed. Highly recommend Liberty Mutual as an employee and as a summer internship.

Great summer experience

-Office setting

-Work Duty

-Great Manager

-slow at times

Be willing to learn and think about the way in which a process can be made simpler.

Great People working hard

Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoyed the people the most.

I also enjoyed managment in our office

The location for me is not on the top of my list.

Learn as much about insurance befor you arrive to jumpstart your progress

Name a time when you had to give bad news.

Name a time that you had to prvide leadership in a complicted situation.

opened up doors and opportunities I had never thought about before

Hartford, CT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

the cubicle space I was in surrounded me with very successful sales reps who were very helpfull and influential. I was also able to go to the senior intern forum which opened up even more opportunities and made me realize I would really like to work in Boston when I graduate

I would have preferred to be in a city for the summer

the sales internship is what you make of it; make sure you are cut out for a sales role because like the real job, the internship requires a lot of effort on your part that isn't being overseen by your manager

Advice to Management

expose interns not in home office to available opportunities in Boston

Great company

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Culture, work experience

hourly rate

Its a great company. Worth doing an internship.