Intern at Liberty Mutual Insurance Internship Program? Submit a Review

Great work/life balance and meaningful work at a company that treats its employees with respect

Work/life balance

Meaningful work

Respectful work environment

Great professional development

Work is highly independent, which in a small team means you might not interact with them everyday.

Be prepared to work independently and to do so, be creative. No one will hold your hand, you have to ask for what you need.

Advice to Management

Experiences across internships vary widely - I would do more to standardize the team structure of each assignment. This will give each intern a strong sense of culture.

Liberty Mutual emphasizes internal growth by fostering the development of interns.

Boston, MA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was thrown into real projects and problems the team was dealing with rather than being given fluff paperwork and meaningless tasks.

I have no complaints about this job.

I found this internship to be the most fruitful job I have had in terms of experiencing a potential job and career. I was given instruction and mentors that helped me grow both as a person and as an employee. They even went as far as to include me on trips to other offices to give me a complete view of the company.

Exciting opportunities and great people

Seattle, WA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exciting projects, high level of responsibility, tangible and actionable work

Lots of individual work

Be ready to take initiative and drive your project; don't wait for someone to tell you how to do each step.

Advice to Management

Increase the number of networking/job shadowing opportunities.

Great experience with a fourtune 100 company in a friendly workplace

Other (US) | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Corporate Exposure

The down time between projects

The company and employees are all very welcoming and they are good at including the interns in the company activities.

What I learned at Liberty Mutual Insurance over the summer: ask questions, keep learning and growing, and enjoy what you're doing

Boston, MA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The environment was very welcoming and everyone was very kind.

Lack of time for current employees to train/walkthrough how to do things.

Liberty Mutual has a great culture, good hours compared to other large companies, and is very welcoming when you first start. Asking questions is encouraged, not frowned upon so you never feel like you are incompetent or bombarding your manager/other employees with questions.

Advice to Management

It would be beneficial for an experienced employee to allocate time once or twice week with interns to go over questions they have, how to do a specific job, etc.

Start your career on the right foot

Boston, MA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really liked the culture and work environment at Liberty. The people were all very kind and willing to help; they didn't make me feel like an intern, but more like part of the team. There is also a feel that if you do your work and do it well no one will bother you about it. There's a great work/life balance.

The initial application/interview process could be improved. It took me the majority of the year to even just get a message back from Liberty when I originally applied. When I finally did get word back I really had to stay on top of them to get the ball rolling.

It's a great company and a great place to start out. It can just be difficult to get your foot in the door early on. Something that helped for me was reaching out and talking to people already in the company to get a better feel for it.

Advice to Management

Doing things outside of work with your smaller team really helps to build chemistry among employees and thus make the workplace more of a comfortable, open environment. I wish teams took more initiative to do different activites together and really get to know one another better.

Tell me about a time where you ran into a problem, and how did you go about solving/fixing it?

Often boring, but good experience and pays really well.

Seattle, WA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting all of the people higher up in the company, experience working for a big corporation.

Often times boring, not a lot of work put on me, felt like I wasn't making much of a difference in the company.

Great to work for a big company, can be boring at times but lots of opportunity to shadow other positions in Liberty.

Liberty Mutual offers comprehensive and enjoyable analytics internship program to undergraduates

Boston, MA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Formal trainings, networking events, great hours & work/life balance, a large group of interns, and several mentors

I would have liked to receive more information on my internship and role prior to starting.

This internship is great for students who want to build analytics, networking, and technical skills. The ADP internship is designed to feed into the full-time program, so consider whether you would be open to working at Liberty Mutual afterwards.

Advice to Management

There was one case study in which we were asked to provide advice to a business looking to expand operations.

A quality learning experience that prepares you to become a full-fledge case manager in a team environment.

Other (US) | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

the team environment, the mentoring program , the understanding of being able to make mistakes and grow, the opportunities to learn about the company

Nothing, this place is great.

Speak up, ask tons of questions and use your resources to help you

Advice to Management

Nothing, Liberty Mutual is a top notch institution

How do you prioritize your work when you have multiple tasks to accomplish in a short window of time?

How do you balance your home and work balance?

Stellar internship in Boston that shows insurance and teamwork can be fun and rewarding

Boston, MA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed collaborating with my team in marketing. They were all great people. I also appreciated how the company gave us 1.5 free days off each month that we could use. I also liked how we could work from home on Fridays and work only a half day. The intern activities and trainings were fun and useful.

The interview process for full time is not completely transparent and can be awkward at times.

This isn't a place you work from 8am to 10pm every day. They want you to live a normal life and expect you to take vacation. They are also very intense about working hard while you are there and have high expectations. It is a very analytical company and they want numbers for everything. Be comfortable with that and with ambiguity.

Advice to Management

Tell managers to give feedback often.

There is a case and a behavioral interview.