Liberty Mutual Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #32 Best Overall Internships

4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 580 Intern Reviews)

Calling past clients and creating promotional materials
Hartford, CT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

There are great employees

There is no structure. Very little guidance as to how to do jobs that are assinged to the intern.

It's a relativley low expecation internship.

What was your sales experience?

Advice to Management

There is no support for the intern position. There is very little training. Interns are not strongly encouraged to apply for a job at Liberty Mutual

high pressure sales oriented position with alot of cold calling
Dallas, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great pay and pretty flexible with class schedule

Cold calling, not feeling respected by many in the office. High pressure sales environment. Very stressful.

The company provides great benefits (health ins, vision, dental, etc) for full time employees. The best thing about internship is the pay, everything else was not enjoyable.

Advice to Management

The employee retention is a big deal for this company in the sales role. I saw alot of people either quit or get fired because of not meeting quotas or the high pressure sales environment became too much. You to have to sell alot to make quota goals. The quota goals are rising year to year and there is too much competition within the company. There was little to no hands on training for the internship. Took licensing exam and some online classes provided by the company but no hands on training was given.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Pretty boring but a good learning experience for sales
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I like the people I work with and the opportunity to get a full time job in the future. Also I feel like I am learning a lot of valuable skills and techniques about sales and also the coorporate world.

The job is very boring. I feel like I am not challenged at all. I never have to do anything that involves me actually thinking, solving problems, or making desicions. Most of what I do is calling people which is fine, it is a great to get the experience to do that early. But I never need to figure out anything, solve problems, or work to my full potential. I know that most of an internship is doing busy-work but I wish I did more work that required more thinking.

This internship is really good if you are into sales. It gradually gives you experience with some of the easier aspects as well as teaching you different techniques to use when trying to sell. Also the pay is good. Liberty Mutual is pretty easy going and everyone is nice so I would say it is a good environment to work if you are concerned with getting yelled at and being stressed out because that doesn't happen.

Advice to Management

I would recommend giving the interns more work to keep them busy. Also work that requires more thinking other than just data entry. Also more flexible hours and working from home would be good but I understand that is against company policy. But I feel as though making some of the phone calls would be better to do after 5 when people are home so it would actually be better for the sales reps because that is a better time to get ahold of people.