Liberty Mutual Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #32 Best Overall Internships

Great coworkers which fostered a cohesive work environment. Management wants to help you in any way possible and wants to see you succeed.
Richmond, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Faculty, learning/ leadership opportunities, hands-on work, got sent to Boston for a week with the other interns

No cons, this was a great experience

Be proactive, ask questions, learn as much as you can, make connections and relationships with coworkers. Find a mentor and go out to lunch with them every once in a while.

Tell me about a time when.....

Behavioral based questions.

Advice to Management

Continue to make weekly schedules. This was very helpful and kept me in tune with what was to be expected of me.

Liberty Cares
Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting first hand experience on how a large company functions.

inconsistency of work/ things to do.

Come in with an open mind and try to focus on gaining an understanding of if you want to work at the company or not. Try to explore different departments because the experience of your internship is highly dependent on your mentors and managers.

Best professional development experience of your life, and full time opportunities with best corporation in the US when you are done.
Orlando, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

the best aspect for me was getting to work in an office environment, and receiving all of the professional development experience that comes with that. also at the end of the internship, all of the high preforming interns got to fly to Boston, and while there we had a SBU dinner. for my SBU dinner, I got to eat with Jim MacPhee (current CCO at liberty) and talk about his time at Liberty, and all the different positions he has held gave me confidence in being able to move up within the corporation, and then change SBUs, which removed any remaining reasons I had to doubt joining Liberty full time next year.

fee bills! they were boring, but even that I can't really call a "con" the experience whole was AMAZING

just apply. don't be intimidated by the fact that it is an amazing fortune 100 company. I'm a 3.1 GPA UF student, and I got to intern there, you probably will too!

*this is a call center environment, and an important part of what we do is make a genuine human connection to each policy holder, can you tell me about a time you made a genuine human connection, and how that worked out?*

Advice to Management

make fee bills and expense reports paperless quicker. other than that, honestly, it was an amazing place to work, and that was because of the management. compensation, hours, and promotions are why I am going to take a position there next year.

Diversified Internship
Phoenix, AZ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The variable hours, interns were allowed to choose their hours.

It was semi constant

Liberty Mutual is not only willing, but plans on investing a lot into their employees.

Fast passed work environment with enormous opportunity to grow yourself but more importantly your career.
Allentown, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of this internship would be without a doubt the one on one interaction between my branch manager and the ESR in my office. The dynamic ability to have such close relationships with both of these individuals has been paramount to my abilities to ask questions, learn the company, the industry, and everything that comes with a position such as this.

My only displeasure with this internship which is very trivial to start is that up until recently I was the only individual in relation to my age here in the office. While this was a down fall in some regards it was also a perk in the sense that I had enormous amounts of knowledge from vetted reps in the office.

At first I didn’t know anything about insurance, other than that everyone had it and everyone needed it. So if you want to be the guy or the girl who has that knowledge this is definitely the job for you. There is a lot of learning and hours that need to be put in, however the payout thus far has been extremely rewarding and there is much more to come!

There was an exorbitant amount of questions asked during the interview process. All of which were very off beat than that of what I expected. I would recommend having a story, or something you learned, or something you failed at, or lastly something you did above average for every aspect of your resume.

Advice to Management

At a point of an internship such as I am in, it would be interesting to entertain the idea of compensation on some level for policy’s that got bound or sold by the intern.

Best Summer Ever

- Company culture

- Colleagues/Teammates

- Manager

- Intern group

- Debriefs

- Presentation

- Redundant trainings sometimes

If you like work life balance and career development, Liberty Mutual is the perfect place for you.

List 5 things you would consider when evaluating a homeowner insurance contract.

Best Experience Ever
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Gained knowledge and experience

I liked everything about my internship

Make yourself stand out from the other interns, go above and beyond with everything and always ask for more work when you have the time

Why did you choose Liberty Mutual? What do you know about the job?

Life changing

Pay and Experience

I wish other interns worked year-round as well so that I wasn't one of the only ones

Liberty mutual provides incredible experience as a college student in a corporate world. Not only are you exposed to fun intern events, but you are also treated as a real employee and given real work to see what your job could be like in the future. You're NOT a paper-pusher or coffee-provider at Liberty mutual which is awesome.

Advice to Management

Nothing - all of these aspects are great.

Excellent Actuarial Internship
Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Excellent Career/Skills development, Great work enviornment, Excellent pay, High percentage of job offers. Perfect internship

Projects depend on what work needs to be done, so occastionally I had nothing to do becase there was no need. That was rare though.

Live it up and do your best. This is a great opportunity.

Engaging Internship
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the engaging work and the true focus on the employees.

Not as much of a social aspect as some companies who like to party

You earn friednship and repect through hard work!

All behavioral

Advice to Management

More fun actitives/socials