Intern at Liberty Mutual Internship Program? Submit a Review

Get an internship that gives you the most amazing experience in the business world as well as sales!

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Gaining real life experience in sales and the business world

-Actually calling customers and trying to obtain commitment of the sale

-Flexible working times and gaining knowledge in the field of sales

-Obtained License in Property/Casualty and Life Insurance

-Shadowin/Working with sales representatives to see how to be successful in sales

The only thing that I did not like was when you are getting licensed to sell insurance, you have to study a considerable to pass the exam. Once you pass and get through the exam, everything is fantastic.

Get ready for a great internship that will test your skills and push you to your limit. You will gain amazing experience in the business world and in sales. The best advice I would give is make sure you get organized right from the start. This internship will help you develop yourself as a person.

What is your biggest strength and why?

What is your biggest weakness and why?

What was the most beneficial piece of constructive criticism you encountered throughout your work experience and why was it so beneficial?

Give me a time when you encountered a problem in your work experience and how did you handle that problem?

Advice to Management

I really liked everything the organization had to offer. The hours, work place, compensation and everything was amazing and I really did have an amazing experience. It taught me a lot about sales and the business world. I wouldn't change my experience one bit.

An opportunity to gain actual technical experience and receive compensation for my work

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of flexibility, both at work and outside of work, was great

It took a little while before I was assigned work, because I started at an inconvenient time

Stay on your toes. There's a wide scope of work to do, so expect to have to try new things

If you do what you love, you'll never work a single day in your life: My Liberty Mutual experience

Springfield, MO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part of my job is the people I work with. In my day-to-day, I work with friendly, talkented, supportive people, who genuinely care about my development, and appreciate the work I do. I always feel comfortable asking questions or asking for help, and when I'm doing well I help the office become higher producing, which makes me feel awesome because it shows my work matters. Being a member of this team is very important to me.

Everytime I'm presented with the question, or I see the question "what do you dislike most about _____" and the response is "nothing, I love it all".. I admit, It comes off as fake to me, and I reject it. But in all honesty, I have nothing to complain about here. I love what I do, I love the company, the people I work with, the manager I work for, the resources we're given..Everything.

The one thing I would say to someone considering joining this company is, just understand Liberty Mutual takes care of its employees, and their families. You will become a member of a culture that cares about your well-being, and invests into your future. You will not find a better group of people to support you and help you reach your goals, while pushing you to realize you're true potential.

Give us an example of a time you were faced with an ethical dillema, and how you handled it.

Where do you see yourself in the future?

Advice to Management

I don't think there's anything here I would change, employee retention I suppose would be nice for sales rep in our office. That doesn't speak for the company as a whole, just the office I'm in. We have two service reps here who have over 10 years each with Liberty Mutual, however there's very young sales reps. In other offices there are a lot of sales reps who have been with the company a long time, but for whatever reason we don't seem to have any

Diversified Internship

Phoenix, AZ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The variable hours, interns were allowed to choose their hours.

It was semi constant

Liberty Mutual is not only willing, but plans on investing a lot into their employees.

a true devleopment program, both personally and professionally

Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

ample training classes, paid time off, lots of perks: yacht ride, trip to boston, ice cream days, happy hours..., happy/busy work enviroment, so many pros

some training classes were a bit repetitive of things I've already learned in school, but overall useful.

You will be busy, get to know your coworkers and fellow interns. The non competitve intern enviroment is very nice, everyone is friends and we all hangout on the weekend.

behavioral questions + case interview + job shadow + lunch with the department.

ex: describe a difficult problem and how you overcame it

describe a time when someone else on your team wanted to take a different course of action and how you handled the situation

Advice to Management

consider offering better benefits in regards to continuing education instead of higher compensation.

Helping me find the right career track.

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Helping with the internship program.

I wish that our HR team was a little bigger.

There is a great focus on career development and personal growth.

Sales takes hard work!

Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

flexible hours, helpful employees, good atmosphere

not enough structure/direction

you get out of it what you put into it.

Best Experience Ever

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Gained knowledge and experience

I liked everything about my internship

Make yourself stand out from the other interns, go above and beyond with everything and always ask for more work when you have the time

Why did you choose Liberty Mutual? What do you know about the job?

A Great Start in a Great Company

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of my internship was the hands on approach my manager and team took. I witnessed everyday how the agents, service reps, and senior branch manager handled their daily responsibilities and what changes and additions they made to better the workplace.

As I stated before, Liberty Mutual is a huge company and it is difficult to experience all aspects of the company in one summer. I would have liked more exposure to the other departments to see what they were like. Not that I did not like Personal Insurance but other SBU's interested me as well.

If given the opportunity to work for Liberty Mutual, take it. It is a great first step to begin a search for a career. There are a multitude of factors that are difficult to find at other jobs. An intern will learn to understand the reality of a career choice and the effort needed to succeed as well as the larger company dynamic. The freedom given to employees also allows people to analyze what path is right for them.

When was a time where you needed to problem solve with a short amount of time? What was the end result? Would you change anything now?

Advice to Management

I honestly cannot think of one bad aspect. The only thing I would have liked is the greater exposure to other departments.

Engaging Internship

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the engaging work and the true focus on the employees.

Not as much of a social aspect as some companies who like to party

You earn friednship and repect through hard work!

All behavioral

Advice to Management

More fun actitives/socials