Intern at Liberty Mutual Insurance Internship Program? Submit a Review

Great coworkers which fostered a cohesive work environment. Management wants to help you in any way possible and wants to see you succeed.

Richmond, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Faculty, learning/ leadership opportunities, hands-on work, got sent to Boston for a week with the other interns

No cons, this was a great experience

Be proactive, ask questions, learn as much as you can, make connections and relationships with coworkers. Find a mentor and go out to lunch with them every once in a while.

Advice to Management

Continue to make weekly schedules. This was very helpful and kept me in tune with what was to be expected of me.

Tell me about a time when.....

Behavioral based questions.

Life changing

Pay and Experience

I wish other interns worked year-round as well so that I wasn't one of the only ones

Liberty mutual provides incredible experience as a college student in a corporate world. Not only are you exposed to fun intern events, but you are also treated as a real employee and given real work to see what your job could be like in the future. You're NOT a paper-pusher or coffee-provider at Liberty mutual which is awesome.

Advice to Management

Nothing - all of these aspects are great.

Engaging Internship

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the engaging work and the true focus on the employees.

Not as much of a social aspect as some companies who like to party

You earn friednship and repect through hard work!

Advice to Management

More fun actitives/socials

All behavioral

A challenging yet rewarding learning experience that has developed my professional skills and prepared me for a successful career in IT.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

A feel of inclusion, friendly coworkers, managers and atmosphere in general, challenging workload, and competitive pay.

Could get boring at times, sometimes sitting in a cubicle all day can be rough.

This is an awesome company, if you are looking for somewhere to work that is challenging but also where you feel welcomed and appreciated, this is the place to work.

What operating systems are you familiar with?

Describe a specific situation where you troubleshooted a problem.

Helping me find the right career track.

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Helping with the internship program.

I wish that our HR team was a little bigger.

There is a great focus on career development and personal growth.

Automating webpages with a group of highly skilled and amazing people while giving me the experience of a real work place environment.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people was amazing. I got alot of space to work. I got anything I needed to help complete my work faster. I had all my supplies ready for me on my first day. There were many good networking opportunities within the company. Everyone was very friendly. I was repected as much any other employee.

The work given to me could take about a year to complete so it was a bit daunting. Especially when you see the work you finished versus the work that is left for you to try to do.

Even if you think you might not qualify for the job you are looking for you should still apply. You can ask for a mentor to help you with your job. They are also very useful for information if you have any questions. There are so many different jobs within Liberty Mutual that you might be qualified to work somewhere else so don't fret if you don't fit every qualification. You can learn as you go.

Advice to Management

I think the training modules too long to complete. I spent almost 2 whole days completing them and some seemed redundant.

In the beginning they would ask questions about myself, the college I am going to, my major, my hobbies etc. Then they asked about instances of my life when I did really well on a project, when I didn't do well on a project and what I learned from it, when I was part of a team and my role in it, what made me interested in the company, what I want to get from the internship, my strengths I can bring to the internship, and if I was familiar with a certain program/if I was willing to learn it.

An opportunity to gain actual technical experience and receive compensation for my work

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of flexibility, both at work and outside of work, was great

It took a little while before I was assigned work, because I started at an inconvenient time

Stay on your toes. There's a wide scope of work to do, so expect to have to try new things

If you do what you love, you'll never work a single day in your life: My Liberty Mutual experience

Springfield, MO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part of my job is the people I work with. In my day-to-day, I work with friendly, talkented, supportive people, who genuinely care about my development, and appreciate the work I do. I always feel comfortable asking questions or asking for help, and when I'm doing well I help the office become higher producing, which makes me feel awesome because it shows my work matters. Being a member of this team is very important to me.

Everytime I'm presented with the question, or I see the question "what do you dislike most about _____" and the response is "nothing, I love it all".. I admit, It comes off as fake to me, and I reject it. But in all honesty, I have nothing to complain about here. I love what I do, I love the company, the people I work with, the manager I work for, the resources we're given..Everything.

The one thing I would say to someone considering joining this company is, just understand Liberty Mutual takes care of its employees, and their families. You will become a member of a culture that cares about your well-being, and invests into your future. You will not find a better group of people to support you and help you reach your goals, while pushing you to realize you're true potential.

Advice to Management

I don't think there's anything here I would change, employee retention I suppose would be nice for sales rep in our office. That doesn't speak for the company as a whole, just the office I'm in. We have two service reps here who have over 10 years each with Liberty Mutual, however there's very young sales reps. In other offices there are a lot of sales reps who have been with the company a long time, but for whatever reason we don't seem to have any

Give us an example of a time you were faced with an ethical dillema, and how you handled it.

Where do you see yourself in the future?

A Challenging and Rewarding Opportunity

Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of this internship was that I was able to participate in activities that directly effect the success of this company. It really was a hands-on experience with critical decision making. I felt like my manager trusted me to make decisions that most other internships might not allow one to make.

The only opportunity that I believe I missed out on was being able to job shadow people in different departments. I wish I was able to job shadow someone in underwriting.

Liberty Mutual has a huge focus on employee engagement. This company has a great understanding that in order to have great customer service they must have content employees.

Advice to Management

The caseload of some adjusters is way to high and their performance is skewed because it is nearly impossible to keep up to their objectives. There have been many people hired since I've started my internship but it is difficult to get that many people up to speed at once.

I was asked questions that the employer wanted me to answer with a star method response. These type of questions involved various scenarios such as "tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer". Any of the top 10 star method questions could be asked.

Amazing Educational and Inspiring Experience

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I have room to develop both professionally and personally. There are many networking opportunities and I am constantly encouraged to grow in many areas. There is NO busy work. All of my work is important and useful. My responisbilities are in line with those of the full-time employees and this gives me a great sense of purpose.

In the beginning there was very little work to do, largely dut to the fact that I started early. This worried me initially but my supervisor did a wonderful job giving me meaningful tasks and development materials to ensure that I had the ability to fill my day with something useful.

Liberty is an amazing company. I would recommend this job especially if you are looking to explore what you may want to do in the future. There are a million opportunities for you to network, explore job functions, and learn about the company.I had no clue what an insurance company was about and I have come to both understand and enjoy the business. Great place to work!

Advice to Management

I think they are doing a great job.

Get Our Career Newsletter

Interview, resume and job search tips emailed directly to you.