Intern at Liberty Mutual Internship Program? Submit a Review

Real Hands-on work

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I like doing account recs.

I liked everything about my job

You have the opportunity to do real work. It is meaningful and you feel good that you are contributing.

Describe a time you had issues working with others?

What are process improvements that you saw to improve during your job?

Advice to Management

I am happy with all of the above listed.

LEarning legal and negotiating skills with Commercial Claims

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

You learn great legal techniques and get trained for real life experience. You are actually a part of the team and help the company, which is very cool, you do real work, not just getting coffee. Also the people at LMIG are all very high quality folks.

I wasn't crazy about getting yelled at by attorneys, but it is part of the job.

Liberty Mutual is a great place to work filled with great people.

Engaging Internship

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the engaging work and the true focus on the employees.

Not as much of a social aspect as some companies who like to party

You earn friednship and repect through hard work!

All behavioral

Advice to Management

More fun actitives/socials

Detail-oriented person willing to adapt to multiple situations, deadlines, and projects

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hours were excellent, but the people were really what made my internship both memorable and enjoyable

I did not prefer to scan, however this experience allowed me to meet other people outside of my department.

Treat every job, no matter how small, as if it was the biggest assignment you have been given. You may not think what you are doing is "that" important, but you are adding value to the organization. By successfully completing the small tasks, you will gain the trust of your superiors and this will allow them to entrust you will more difficult work.

Tell me about a time when you had a very "unimportant" job that you did to the best of your ability and surpassed the bar that was set for you.

Advice to Management

I think this internship program was set up very well. The only thing I would have possibly pefered is slightly higher compensation. However, the experience I gained was well worth every moment at Liberty. I hope to return at a later date.

Priceless, eye-opening, expanding, joyful way to spend a summer while learning.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I got to work with/meet.

That it was only for 3 months. I wish I didn't have to end the internship.

Disregard the fact that this is an insurance company. They are MUCH more than that. You will not be disappointed if you choose to give Liberty Mutual Insurance a shot.

Amazing Educational and Inspiring Experience

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I have room to develop both professionally and personally. There are many networking opportunities and I am constantly encouraged to grow in many areas. There is NO busy work. All of my work is important and useful. My responisbilities are in line with those of the full-time employees and this gives me a great sense of purpose.

In the beginning there was very little work to do, largely dut to the fact that I started early. This worried me initially but my supervisor did a wonderful job giving me meaningful tasks and development materials to ensure that I had the ability to fill my day with something useful.

Liberty is an amazing company. I would recommend this job especially if you are looking to explore what you may want to do in the future. There are a million opportunities for you to network, explore job functions, and learn about the company.I had no clue what an insurance company was about and I have come to both understand and enjoy the business. Great place to work!

Advice to Management

I think they are doing a great job.

Real Life Experiences for Students

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

My manager, the work, my team, the company, the real life experiences and work tasks, exposure to what a full-time job would be.

The Location.

They invest in talent and strive to have interns come on full time after graduation.

A Challenging and Rewarding Opportunity

Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of this internship was that I was able to participate in activities that directly effect the success of this company. It really was a hands-on experience with critical decision making. I felt like my manager trusted me to make decisions that most other internships might not allow one to make.

The only opportunity that I believe I missed out on was being able to job shadow people in different departments. I wish I was able to job shadow someone in underwriting.

Liberty Mutual has a huge focus on employee engagement. This company has a great understanding that in order to have great customer service they must have content employees.

I was asked questions that the employer wanted me to answer with a star method response. These type of questions involved various scenarios such as "tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer". Any of the top 10 star method questions could be asked.

Advice to Management

The caseload of some adjusters is way to high and their performance is skewed because it is nearly impossible to keep up to their objectives. There have been many people hired since I've started my internship but it is difficult to get that many people up to speed at once.

Helping me find the right career track.

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Helping with the internship program.

I wish that our HR team was a little bigger.

There is a great focus on career development and personal growth.

10 week clip of being an Actuary

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with my team doing real life work that mattered for the company.

I sometimes felt like the managers were not really aware of the intern responsibilities outside of the team.

Make sure you get involved sooner rather than later. Don't wait until the last week or month to do job shadows and talk with senior management.