Intern at Liberty Mutual Internship Program? Submit a Review

Best Experience Ever

Gained knowledge and experience

I liked everything about my internship

Make yourself stand out from the other interns, go above and beyond with everything and always ask for more work when you have the time

Why did you choose Liberty Mutual? What do you know about the job?

LEarning legal and negotiating skills with Commercial Claims

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

You learn great legal techniques and get trained for real life experience. You are actually a part of the team and help the company, which is very cool, you do real work, not just getting coffee. Also the people at LMIG are all very high quality folks.

I wasn't crazy about getting yelled at by attorneys, but it is part of the job.

Liberty Mutual is a great place to work filled with great people.

Helping me find the right career track.

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Helping with the internship program.

I wish that our HR team was a little bigger.

There is a great focus on career development and personal growth.

Intern Makes an Impact at Liberty Mutual

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The location of the office, the people I got to work with and for, and the projects I was given because they made a difference for my whole department, I was not given any busywork.

That it's over! It would have been nice to know about our full-time offers before leaving as well, because if I did not receive it I need to start looking and applying for other opportunities.

Liberty Mutual is a fantastic place to work! They are very focused on employee satisfaction and make sure everyone knows how things are going across the enterprise.

All behavioral based:

Give me an example of a time where you had conflict with someone you were working with. What was the conflict, and how did you overcome it? What was the result of working together?

Advice to Management

Although I was able to hit the ground running and jump right into my department, some information about it before my first day would have been helpful so I could spend my time on other things.

Engaging Internship

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the engaging work and the true focus on the employees.

Not as much of a social aspect as some companies who like to party

You earn friednship and repect through hard work!

All behavioral

Advice to Management

More fun actitives/socials

Valuable, Meaningful Work for Interns at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to be in the corporate office and network with higher-ups was my favorite part of my internship. More opportunities come when someone can just walk down the hall and ask you to help them with something versus emailing someone in another office whom they've never met.

I didn't make as many friends as I'd have liked in an office with 100+ interns.. there is intern programming, but they haven't really figured out the best way to do it yet. I found out in the last week or so that there were some really nice girls that worked the floor below me all summer!

If you want to show up to work at whatever time each day wearing whatever you'd like, this job isn't for you. It's a structured, formal, full-time job. Being an intern at LMI is no different than if you were a real full-time employee.. you just happen to have an end date! What's good about that is that by the end of your internship, you know EXACTLY what it would be like to be a full team member because you've been fully immersed in the company the whole duriation of your internship. In other words, the only coffee you'll be running to get is for yourself!

Fast passed work environment with enormous opportunity to grow yourself but more importantly your career.

Allentown, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of this internship would be without a doubt the one on one interaction between my branch manager and the ESR in my office. The dynamic ability to have such close relationships with both of these individuals has been paramount to my abilities to ask questions, learn the company, the industry, and everything that comes with a position such as this.

My only displeasure with this internship which is very trivial to start is that up until recently I was the only individual in relation to my age here in the office. While this was a down fall in some regards it was also a perk in the sense that I had enormous amounts of knowledge from vetted reps in the office.

At first I didn’t know anything about insurance, other than that everyone had it and everyone needed it. So if you want to be the guy or the girl who has that knowledge this is definitely the job for you. There is a lot of learning and hours that need to be put in, however the payout thus far has been extremely rewarding and there is much more to come!

There was an exorbitant amount of questions asked during the interview process. All of which were very off beat than that of what I expected. I would recommend having a story, or something you learned, or something you failed at, or lastly something you did above average for every aspect of your resume.

Advice to Management

At a point of an internship such as I am in, it would be interesting to entertain the idea of compensation on some level for policy’s that got bound or sold by the intern.

Automating webpages with a group of highly skilled and amazing people while giving me the experience of a real work place environment.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people was amazing. I got alot of space to work. I got anything I needed to help complete my work faster. I had all my supplies ready for me on my first day. There were many good networking opportunities within the company. Everyone was very friendly. I was repected as much any other employee.

The work given to me could take about a year to complete so it was a bit daunting. Especially when you see the work you finished versus the work that is left for you to try to do.

Even if you think you might not qualify for the job you are looking for you should still apply. You can ask for a mentor to help you with your job. They are also very useful for information if you have any questions. There are so many different jobs within Liberty Mutual that you might be qualified to work somewhere else so don't fret if you don't fit every qualification. You can learn as you go.

In the beginning they would ask questions about myself, the college I am going to, my major, my hobbies etc. Then they asked about instances of my life when I did really well on a project, when I didn't do well on a project and what I learned from it, when I was part of a team and my role in it, what made me interested in the company, what I want to get from the internship, my strengths I can bring to the internship, and if I was familiar with a certain program/if I was willing to learn it.

Advice to Management

I think the training modules too long to complete. I spent almost 2 whole days completing them and some seemed redundant.

Amazing Educational and Inspiring Experience

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I have room to develop both professionally and personally. There are many networking opportunities and I am constantly encouraged to grow in many areas. There is NO busy work. All of my work is important and useful. My responisbilities are in line with those of the full-time employees and this gives me a great sense of purpose.

In the beginning there was very little work to do, largely dut to the fact that I started early. This worried me initially but my supervisor did a wonderful job giving me meaningful tasks and development materials to ensure that I had the ability to fill my day with something useful.

Liberty is an amazing company. I would recommend this job especially if you are looking to explore what you may want to do in the future. There are a million opportunities for you to network, explore job functions, and learn about the company.I had no clue what an insurance company was about and I have come to both understand and enjoy the business. Great place to work!

Advice to Management

I think they are doing a great job.

A challenging yet rewarding learning experience that has developed my professional skills and prepared me for a successful career in IT.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

A feel of inclusion, friendly coworkers, managers and atmosphere in general, challenging workload, and competitive pay.

Could get boring at times, sometimes sitting in a cubicle all day can be rough.

This is an awesome company, if you are looking for somewhere to work that is challenging but also where you feel welcomed and appreciated, this is the place to work.

What operating systems are you familiar with?

Describe a specific situation where you troubleshooted a problem.