Liberty Mutual Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #32 Best Overall Internships

Experience a strong learning experience that will introduce you to the insurance industry and will give you strong customer service skills
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed the constant communication with co-workers and clients. I also really enjoyed the investigative nature of my role in insurance claims

I felt the role becoming less and less challenging as I got more familiar with my role. I did not feel a continued challenge at the level that I wished

Come in with an open mind, enthusiasm, and a willingness to learn, as there is much to learn from start to end about the insurance industry.

Describe a time when you were very frustrated with a situation and came out of the situation with a positive outcome.

Advice to Management

Cannot think of any

Challenging work, but worth it. For those who enjoy problem solving.
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, significant work, the people I work with.

Had to study for an exam, work, and commute a ways to get to work.

Learn as much as you can and get as involved as you can. And have fun with the people you work with.

Strengths/weakness, experience, tech skills.

Advice to Management

Pretty good, corporate is corporate.

Valuable Real Life Work Experience
Cincinnati, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meaningful work, reasonable hours, well paying

More work hours, shadow other offices

Great company to work for, high value of interns, great future opportunities, meaningful work

Advice to Management

More information for hires moving to a new city for the internship regarding housing, more networking events planned for interns at offices that are not in Boston.

Best Experience Ever

Gained knowledge and experience

I liked everything about my internship

Make yourself stand out from the other interns, go above and beyond with everything and always ask for more work when you have the time

Why did you choose Liberty Mutual? What do you know about the job?

Engaging Internship
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the engaging work and the true focus on the employees.

Not as much of a social aspect as some companies who like to party

You earn friednship and repect through hard work!

All behavioral

Advice to Management

More fun actitives/socials

Life changing

Pay and Experience

I wish other interns worked year-round as well so that I wasn't one of the only ones

Liberty mutual provides incredible experience as a college student in a corporate world. Not only are you exposed to fun intern events, but you are also treated as a real employee and given real work to see what your job could be like in the future. You're NOT a paper-pusher or coffee-provider at Liberty mutual which is awesome.

Advice to Management

Nothing - all of these aspects are great.

Excellent Actuarial Internship
Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Excellent Career/Skills development, Great work enviornment, Excellent pay, High percentage of job offers. Perfect internship

Projects depend on what work needs to be done, so occastionally I had nothing to do becase there was no need. That was rare though.

Live it up and do your best. This is a great opportunity.

I learn a very diverse set of skills, challanging myself every day to learn and contribute more.
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amount of training effort that went into readying me for the position. The constant sight of future opportunities. The engagement and envolvement with the entire team.

Sometimes a quiet office.

Be ready to be able to work independently, but know that there is always support if you need it. You will have the chance to gain a huge skillset and knowledge of the insurance industry no matter what department you are in.

More personal-based questions. They look for the quality of character and experiences, rather than the depth of knowledge you learn from books and classes. This shows due to the type of people that work here, most of who have absolutely no ego or issue helping someone out.

Prepare Yourself to : Establish your Strengths, break down your weaknesses, and Take one Step Closer to What you Want.
Manchester, NH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone I worked with in my office was amazing and showed me nothing but respect and a genuine interest in my development at the company.

Liberty Mutual is a massive country so I would love an opportunity to see more of the operations if that would be possible.

I have had a great experience for several reasons. There has never been a day where I have not felt that my manager and co-workers support me and are willing to help me with issues I am having. At LMI, employees are understanding and willing to educate you as long as you are willing to put forth the effort. Here at Liberty Mutual, you are surrounded by motivated people at all different stages of life. A great place to learn and build.

Name a time where you needed to make a quick decision? How did it work out?

Advice to Management

Specifically for interns, an internship program that allows the intern to observe several department would be so beneficial for the intern and allow the company to be more competitive when attempting to convince the intern to become full time.

Amazing Educational and Inspiring Experience
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I have room to develop both professionally and personally. There are many networking opportunities and I am constantly encouraged to grow in many areas. There is NO busy work. All of my work is important and useful. My responisbilities are in line with those of the full-time employees and this gives me a great sense of purpose.

In the beginning there was very little work to do, largely dut to the fact that I started early. This worried me initially but my supervisor did a wonderful job giving me meaningful tasks and development materials to ensure that I had the ability to fill my day with something useful.

Liberty is an amazing company. I would recommend this job especially if you are looking to explore what you may want to do in the future. There are a million opportunities for you to network, explore job functions, and learn about the company.I had no clue what an insurance company was about and I have come to both understand and enjoy the business. Great place to work!

Advice to Management

I think they are doing a great job.