4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 580 Intern Reviews)

and Get 1 FREE DAY

Best Experience Ever

Gained knowledge and experience

I liked everything about my internship

Make yourself stand out from the other interns, go above and beyond with everything and always ask for more work when you have the time

Why did you choose Liberty Mutual? What do you know about the job?

Life changing

Pay and Experience

I wish other interns worked year-round as well so that I wasn't one of the only ones

Liberty mutual provides incredible experience as a college student in a corporate world. Not only are you exposed to fun intern events, but you are also treated as a real employee and given real work to see what your job could be like in the future. You're NOT a paper-pusher or coffee-provider at Liberty mutual which is awesome.

Advice to Management

Nothing - all of these aspects are great.

Excellent Actuarial Internship
Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Excellent Career/Skills development, Great work enviornment, Excellent pay, High percentage of job offers. Perfect internship

Projects depend on what work needs to be done, so occastionally I had nothing to do becase there was no need. That was rare though.

Live it up and do your best. This is a great opportunity.

Valuable, Meaningful Work for Interns at Liberty Mutual Insurance
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to be in the corporate office and network with higher-ups was my favorite part of my internship. More opportunities come when someone can just walk down the hall and ask you to help them with something versus emailing someone in another office whom they've never met.

I didn't make as many friends as I'd have liked in an office with 100+ interns.. there is intern programming, but they haven't really figured out the best way to do it yet. I found out in the last week or so that there were some really nice girls that worked the floor below me all summer!

If you want to show up to work at whatever time each day wearing whatever you'd like, this job isn't for you. It's a structured, formal, full-time job. Being an intern at LMI is no different than if you were a real full-time employee.. you just happen to have an end date! What's good about that is that by the end of your internship, you know EXACTLY what it would be like to be a full team member because you've been fully immersed in the company the whole duriation of your internship. In other words, the only coffee you'll be running to get is for yourself!

Priceless, eye-opening, expanding, joyful way to spend a summer while learning.
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I got to work with/meet.

That it was only for 3 months. I wish I didn't have to end the internship.

Disregard the fact that this is an insurance company. They are MUCH more than that. You will not be disappointed if you choose to give Liberty Mutual Insurance a shot.

Best Summer Ever

- Company culture

- Colleagues/Teammates

- Manager

- Intern group

- Debriefs

- Presentation

- Redundant trainings sometimes

If you like work life balance and career development, Liberty Mutual is the perfect place for you.

List 5 things you would consider when evaluating a homeowner insurance contract.

Great real-world experience.
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were that you had the opportunity to experience everything that a sales rep must do in order to be successful.

I would have liked to have a mentor or lead sales rep to work with.

The sales internship is a great opportunity to prepare someone to be a successful full-time sales rep.

Tell me about a time you had to overcome a difficult situation.

Automating webpages with a group of highly skilled and amazing people while giving me the experience of a real work place environment.
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people was amazing. I got alot of space to work. I got anything I needed to help complete my work faster. I had all my supplies ready for me on my first day. There were many good networking opportunities within the company. Everyone was very friendly. I was repected as much any other employee.

The work given to me could take about a year to complete so it was a bit daunting. Especially when you see the work you finished versus the work that is left for you to try to do.

Even if you think you might not qualify for the job you are looking for you should still apply. You can ask for a mentor to help you with your job. They are also very useful for information if you have any questions. There are so many different jobs within Liberty Mutual that you might be qualified to work somewhere else so don't fret if you don't fit every qualification. You can learn as you go.

In the beginning they would ask questions about myself, the college I am going to, my major, my hobbies etc. Then they asked about instances of my life when I did really well on a project, when I didn't do well on a project and what I learned from it, when I was part of a team and my role in it, what made me interested in the company, what I want to get from the internship, my strengths I can bring to the internship, and if I was familiar with a certain program/if I was willing to learn it.

Advice to Management

I think the training modules too long to complete. I spent almost 2 whole days completing them and some seemed redundant.

Engaging Internship
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the engaging work and the true focus on the employees.

Not as much of a social aspect as some companies who like to party

You earn friednship and repect through hard work!

All behavioral

Advice to Management

More fun actitives/socials

Intern Makes an Impact at Liberty Mutual
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The location of the office, the people I got to work with and for, and the projects I was given because they made a difference for my whole department, I was not given any busywork.

That it's over! It would have been nice to know about our full-time offers before leaving as well, because if I did not receive it I need to start looking and applying for other opportunities.

Liberty Mutual is a fantastic place to work! They are very focused on employee satisfaction and make sure everyone knows how things are going across the enterprise.

All behavioral based:

Give me an example of a time where you had conflict with someone you were working with. What was the conflict, and how did you overcome it? What was the result of working together?

Advice to Management

Although I was able to hit the ground running and jump right into my department, some information about it before my first day would have been helpful so I could spend my time on other things.