Intern at Liberty Mutual Internship Program? Submit a Review

Liberty Mutual: Great Pay, Amazing Opportunities.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

A few best aspects of my internship included great compensation, an open work schedule (you can come in anytime between 7-9, and leave between 3-5), being treated the same as a full time associate, and a meaningful internship experience where I made great networking opportunities and actually learned transferable skills.

I did not enjoy working in the Claims department, as most of the job concerns calling claimants and medical professionals.

Liberty is a fantastic place to work once you get your foot in the door, I did not enjoy my actual position but feel that the company itself is incredibe. I look forward to transfering to a different department next year, and am very excited for the future opportunities my manager and operations manager have advised me on. You could not ask for a better place to work, people care about you, you are paid well, and you can come and go whenever as long as you get your work done. The workload itself was definitely managable, with strict company guidelines of working no more than 37.5 hours a week. Liberty cares greatly about its interns

-Tell us about a time you had to give hard news to another individual. What did you say and how did they handle it?

-What is your biggest weakness?

Advice to Management

The only advice I could give Liberty is to expand on the training program. I was given many opportunities to work on complex claims and make complex decisions, although I was only supposed to work on 'simple' claims. I really enjoyed this, because I was able to go above and beyond my role, although I had to learn a lot of stuff outside of my training class. I would advise a split training program that covers simple actions and procedures such as ICP's amd EDM's for one week, a one week introductory break to get to know one's team and mentor, then a second week of training for claim approvals and handling complex icps.

Get an internship that gives you the most amazing experience in the business world as well as sales!

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Gaining real life experience in sales and the business world

-Actually calling customers and trying to obtain commitment of the sale

-Flexible working times and gaining knowledge in the field of sales

-Obtained License in Property/Casualty and Life Insurance

-Shadowin/Working with sales representatives to see how to be successful in sales

The only thing that I did not like was when you are getting licensed to sell insurance, you have to study a considerable to pass the exam. Once you pass and get through the exam, everything is fantastic.

Get ready for a great internship that will test your skills and push you to your limit. You will gain amazing experience in the business world and in sales. The best advice I would give is make sure you get organized right from the start. This internship will help you develop yourself as a person.

What is your biggest strength and why?

What is your biggest weakness and why?

What was the most beneficial piece of constructive criticism you encountered throughout your work experience and why was it so beneficial?

Give me a time when you encountered a problem in your work experience and how did you handle that problem?

Advice to Management

I really liked everything the organization had to offer. The hours, work place, compensation and everything was amazing and I really did have an amazing experience. It taught me a lot about sales and the business world. I wouldn't change my experience one bit.

Engaging Internship

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the engaging work and the true focus on the employees.

Not as much of a social aspect as some companies who like to party

You earn friednship and repect through hard work!

All behavioral

Advice to Management

More fun actitives/socials

Great real-world experience.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were that you had the opportunity to experience everything that a sales rep must do in order to be successful.

I would have liked to have a mentor or lead sales rep to work with.

The sales internship is a great opportunity to prepare someone to be a successful full-time sales rep.

Tell me about a time you had to overcome a difficult situation.

A Challenging and Rewarding Opportunity

Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of this internship was that I was able to participate in activities that directly effect the success of this company. It really was a hands-on experience with critical decision making. I felt like my manager trusted me to make decisions that most other internships might not allow one to make.

The only opportunity that I believe I missed out on was being able to job shadow people in different departments. I wish I was able to job shadow someone in underwriting.

Liberty Mutual has a huge focus on employee engagement. This company has a great understanding that in order to have great customer service they must have content employees.

I was asked questions that the employer wanted me to answer with a star method response. These type of questions involved various scenarios such as "tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer". Any of the top 10 star method questions could be asked.

Advice to Management

The caseload of some adjusters is way to high and their performance is skewed because it is nearly impossible to keep up to their objectives. There have been many people hired since I've started my internship but it is difficult to get that many people up to speed at once.

Great coworkers which fostered a cohesive work environment. Management wants to help you in any way possible and wants to see you succeed.

Richmond, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Faculty, learning/ leadership opportunities, hands-on work, got sent to Boston for a week with the other interns

No cons, this was a great experience

Be proactive, ask questions, learn as much as you can, make connections and relationships with coworkers. Find a mentor and go out to lunch with them every once in a while.

Tell me about a time when.....

Behavioral based questions.

Advice to Management

Continue to make weekly schedules. This was very helpful and kept me in tune with what was to be expected of me.

Automating webpages with a group of highly skilled and amazing people while giving me the experience of a real work place environment.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people was amazing. I got alot of space to work. I got anything I needed to help complete my work faster. I had all my supplies ready for me on my first day. There were many good networking opportunities within the company. Everyone was very friendly. I was repected as much any other employee.

The work given to me could take about a year to complete so it was a bit daunting. Especially when you see the work you finished versus the work that is left for you to try to do.

Even if you think you might not qualify for the job you are looking for you should still apply. You can ask for a mentor to help you with your job. They are also very useful for information if you have any questions. There are so many different jobs within Liberty Mutual that you might be qualified to work somewhere else so don't fret if you don't fit every qualification. You can learn as you go.

In the beginning they would ask questions about myself, the college I am going to, my major, my hobbies etc. Then they asked about instances of my life when I did really well on a project, when I didn't do well on a project and what I learned from it, when I was part of a team and my role in it, what made me interested in the company, what I want to get from the internship, my strengths I can bring to the internship, and if I was familiar with a certain program/if I was willing to learn it.

Advice to Management

I think the training modules too long to complete. I spent almost 2 whole days completing them and some seemed redundant.

A challenging yet rewarding learning experience that has developed my professional skills and prepared me for a successful career in IT.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

A feel of inclusion, friendly coworkers, managers and atmosphere in general, challenging workload, and competitive pay.

Could get boring at times, sometimes sitting in a cubicle all day can be rough.

This is an awesome company, if you are looking for somewhere to work that is challenging but also where you feel welcomed and appreciated, this is the place to work.

What operating systems are you familiar with?

Describe a specific situation where you troubleshooted a problem.

If you do what you love, you'll never work a single day in your life: My Liberty Mutual experience

Springfield, MO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part of my job is the people I work with. In my day-to-day, I work with friendly, talkented, supportive people, who genuinely care about my development, and appreciate the work I do. I always feel comfortable asking questions or asking for help, and when I'm doing well I help the office become higher producing, which makes me feel awesome because it shows my work matters. Being a member of this team is very important to me.

Everytime I'm presented with the question, or I see the question "what do you dislike most about _____" and the response is "nothing, I love it all".. I admit, It comes off as fake to me, and I reject it. But in all honesty, I have nothing to complain about here. I love what I do, I love the company, the people I work with, the manager I work for, the resources we're given..Everything.

The one thing I would say to someone considering joining this company is, just understand Liberty Mutual takes care of its employees, and their families. You will become a member of a culture that cares about your well-being, and invests into your future. You will not find a better group of people to support you and help you reach your goals, while pushing you to realize you're true potential.

Give us an example of a time you were faced with an ethical dillema, and how you handled it.

Where do you see yourself in the future?

Advice to Management

I don't think there's anything here I would change, employee retention I suppose would be nice for sales rep in our office. That doesn't speak for the company as a whole, just the office I'm in. We have two service reps here who have over 10 years each with Liberty Mutual, however there's very young sales reps. In other offices there are a lot of sales reps who have been with the company a long time, but for whatever reason we don't seem to have any

An opportunity to gain actual technical experience and receive compensation for my work

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of flexibility, both at work and outside of work, was great

It took a little while before I was assigned work, because I started at an inconvenient time

Stay on your toes. There's a wide scope of work to do, so expect to have to try new things