Liberty Mutual Internship Program

Liberty Mutual - An Internship Opportunity That's Tough to Beat

Liberty offers highy competitive benefits. Furthermore, and perhaps more importantly, the people at Liberty truly are interested in making your internship an experience where you gather valuable work experience.

The nature of the work I was involved in was pretty mundane and boring.

This is a great company to work for. If you're applying for a position in claims, be sure that you want to do a lot of phone calls and data entry.

Advice to Management

NA

Date: 2013

The best claims internship experience ever!

Gaining more knowledge about the company. I enjoyed learning how insurance claims operate, and dealing with fast track tasks.

I would suggest the internship program be longer in length.

Liberty Mutual is an excellent organization to work for. Their internship program is excellent for undergraduate students to gain more knowledge and experience working in insurance.

Date: 2013

Fun team building experience that pushed the company foward technologically.

Paid more than other internships Met a lot of cool people, started networking Benefits (flexible time off, paid vacation)

Having to wake up early.

If you are looking for a job that pays well, look no further. They quote "competitive pay" but you won't find another company that makes sure you don't need to put in overtime, pays within the top ten percent of similar internships, and gives you paid vacation days at the same time.

Advice to Management

Depending on the department, getting up and running is a little boring while you wait for managers of managers to approve the permissions you will need to do your work.

Date: 2013

Great way to get your foot in the door, and begin the process of starting a successful work life.

being able to work in a really successful company, as well as learn valuable skills that will be handy in life after college.

It really is a difficult job, because you have to deal with customers that are not always happy. Sometimes you feel very sad for the people and other times they are very angry and treat you poorly. That is all part of life though, and did not put a negative effect on my experience.

This is a very laid back place where many people are there to support you. I was very nervous when I started, but quickly learned that everyone wants you to succeed. If you put in effort to learn, you will leave a better more well-rounded person.

Advice to Management

I have learned many great things about the company, but one negative I have learned is many people feel that if they use their vacation time, they return to work with way too much work. It almost makes vacation seem as if it is not a benefit.

A Great Experience Where You Can Add Real Value To A Great Company

People and culture

some of the management styles

Professionalism

Date: 2013

A fun and challenging learning experience. Love the culture of the company - very supportive of employees' career development

- There are lots of trainings that provide interns the knowledge and skills to do their jobs - There are many opportunities to net work with other interns in different departments, different locations, as well as senior management

The commute could be unpleasant at times due to the old public transportation system.

I see many people coming from companies that are direct competitors of Liberty Mutual. It signifies that they see LM at the place to further advance and develop their careers.

Rewarding opportunity!

the incredible resources available both in human captial and databases.

The commuite time.

The people are super friendly and helpful. We have flexible working hours that work great for your kind of lifestyle. The compensation is wonderful and there is always something new and exciting to learn.

Advice to Management

I think that a more explicit retention would be helpful. I spent all this time here- I would really like to work here!

Taking Miami by the Horns

Being able to get a glimpse of multiple sides of the underwriting process.

I am not sure if interns that are in the company for multiple years get raises.

You learn A LOT. Although you may have a specific title, you have the opportunity to learn, or at least, get a glimpse of other departments so your knowledge is always growing. A great company to work for. Do a lot for the community and it's employees.

Date: 2013

Introduction to insurance and work life

The best aspects of this internship is getting exposure to a real job. SInce my internship is rotational, I have had the opportunity to see a deparment as a whole. Also being paired with another intern helped make the transition easier.

What I liked least is although I like rotating and seeing all the parts of a department, I would have liked a few more in depth rotations.

Do not be nervous! Everyone here is very nice and very helpful. They know that you are an intern and that you are new so ask questions.

Great Internship in the Downtown Chicago Area

Getting real experiences with real work that has a big impact on the company. 1.5 days of paid time off every month.

Unable to do overtime.

Come to work early, and get off early, because there are so many things to do in town.

Advice to Management

Have the intern from other offices visit the headquarter and meet other interns from other offices.