Intern at Liberty Mutual Insurance Internship Program? Submit a Review

An engaging, informative, and eye opening opportunity and priviledge

Boston, MA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people were amazing, and the relationships that can be developed here are incredible. I loved the trust my manager had in me with the project material that she gave me. I also loved the culture, project work, and opportunity to grow and learn that exists here.

I found a lot of the systems that we worked on to be frustrating and trouble some at times. Systems often crashed and it was difficult to do work on some of the networks we currently operate on.

This company is incredible and offers a unique culture that is sometimes difficult ot find in business. Everyone here shows extreme passon for their work. If someone is looking to be employed here, they must also feel the same passion for their work or else he or she will not succeed.

Great work-life balance and many opportunities to learn, network, and get what you want to get out of the internship

Boston, MA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Independence, flexibility, work-life balance, access to all members of the organization, responsibility

Occasional lack of oversight/guidance

Great place to work, and there are so many different types of job opportunities. The people and culture really make the place!

Amazing Real-World Experience

Other (US) | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to work alongside a Project Manager as an "Associate" PM and co-lead two teams - I was given so much experience that I don't think I would have gotten anywhere else.

I wish we had more gatherings where we could get to know many other interns. We had a ThinkTank day and I wish we could have done that more than once.

Be yourself! everyone is nice and willing to help you along the way. You don't have to pretend to know everything... if you ask questions often you will always get an answer and will benefit greatly from this experience.

Why Liberty?

When have you faced an obstacle and how did you overcome it?

Insurance Internship

Seattle, WA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Management really cares about employee development. Great office culture, nobody is overworked. Opportunity to challenge yourself and learn new things.

A little slow to start.

I knew nothing about insurance before working at Liberty, but it was a great decision to work here, and I find my duties really interesting.

Advice to Management

A bit higher compensation for interns now that Seattle's minimum wage is so high.

An internship with Campus Recruiting is composed of real world work experiences combined with learning about the culture of Liberty Mutual.

Boston, MA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The company culture, the members of the team, the types of work/projects.

The commute, but there were very few things I disliked about the internship.

Be confident in your professionalism and abilities. Don't be afraid to speak up during meetings and get to know your team members, a very participatory intern with personality is something Liberty appreciates.

Advice to Management

Training on certain components were quite spread out. This was not the case for all interns, but at some points had to fend for myself about where to find certain materials and how to use those properly.

The ambiguity before starting at the position was a challenge for example, the background check process, and tentative start date.

What are some marketing projects you have worked on in the past, whether its something independent or something you collaborated on?

What excites you about the position?

Interesting & Engaging

Other (US) | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people that I work with.

The commute into the office.

Liberty Mutual has a great environment and they want their employees to enjoy working for Liberty Mutual.

It is bigger on the inside! More innovation and complexity than meets the eye.

Boston, MA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

My strategic business unit and team were great. The willingness of individuals to meet to discuss my project or to have informational interviews was impressive. These interviews allowed me to understand different business units and where I would be interested in for a full time position. Also, there is easier access to executive leadership and C suite executives than I expected.

The amount of overlap between the innovation efforts of different business units was unexpected. Navigating the matrix to find information was challenging but interesting.

This is a large corporation and getting used to that environment, sitting in a cubicle, can be an adjustment. Each strategic business unit has its different culture that supports the company culture. Get to know others outside your business unit to learn about what culture would be best for you. The company encourages networking, it is very important. The values and principles of the company are built into very thing that the company does, it is lived not just stated.

Tell me about a time that you dealt with ambiguity. Tell me about a time you influenced someone that you had no authority over.

Great environment to work, learn and network

-my department

-experience working for a large company

-given project that add value

-able to learn about many different aspects of the department

There are no cons to this internship.

Don't be afraid of insurance. This company is very interesting in its own way.

A challenging, yet fun work experience over the summer

Positive atmosphere

Good managers

Relevant projects

Plenty of work

Nice people

Great location

Too many events happen in Boston, MA. More should happen in Dover, NH.

Liberty Mutual truly cares about the well0being of their employees!

Advice to Management

N/A

Walk me through your resume...

Tell me about a time when...

What does Liberty Mutual do?

How does Liberty Mutual make money?

The people at Liberty are very friendly and will help with any problems you need. They all want you to learn and succeed in the company.

Boston, MA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working in Boston, meeting new people and learning something new everyday.

There was nothing I did not like at my internship

Be prepared for the interview and do a mock interview with different people prior to the interview. Also be yourself!