Liberty Mutual Internship Program

Date: 2013

An internship that's second to none

training, assignments, people, culture

Completely satisfying - no cons

This applies to any organization: you want to make sure you like the people and the culture, and that the values of the company are aligned with yours.

Date: 2013

When you work hard and make the most of your internship through mentoring, networking and education - your hard work pays off!

One of the best aspects of the internship was the mentoring Liberty Mutual provided its interns with. Each intern is set up with a mentor on their team, in which they can ask questions ranging from specific day to day activities to personal inqueries. It provides interns with an amazing support system to help them transition into the job. Additionally, it provides for a more thorough learning experience. Liberty mutual provided me many opportunities for training, education, and development!

I do not have any complaints about my internship.

Liberty Mutual is an amazing company to work for - although it is a large corporation, the people who work for Liberty are kind and genuine people who truly want to see you succeed. You can also tell that the company cares about its employees - it fosters an environment of responsibility and doing the right thing, both for yourself and others and externally in the community. The hardest part about Liberty Mutual is getting your foot in the door - but once you're in, you have so many opportunities to learn and develop and find a job thats right for you.

Learning and Growing

Everyone is friendly and welcoming, the work is interesting and keeps me busy, I enjoy what I do and like working.

There isn't really anything which I don't like

This company truly does care about its interns and treats them as if they were new hires.

Enlightening Intership available

I liked the relaxed work environment and all of the nice people I worked with.

The work can get a little dry at times.

It is a very safe and plesant job. Great work/life balance.

Date: 2013

A fun and challenging learning experience. Love the culture of the company - very supportive of employees' career development

- There are lots of trainings that provide interns the knowledge and skills to do their jobs - There are many opportunities to net work with other interns in different departments, different locations, as well as senior management

The commute could be unpleasant at times due to the old public transportation system.

I see many people coming from companies that are direct competitors of Liberty Mutual. It signifies that they see LM at the place to further advance and develop their careers.

A Great Experience Where You Can Add Real Value To A Great Company

People and culture

some of the management styles

Professionalism

Date: 2013

Intern Gains real life experience and moves into rewarding career

Being able to work one on one with a top producer and having support from all levels of management. The company works well with my school schedule and is very flexible

The amount of "service" or paperwork that comes with working wth a rep who has a large book of business is a downside

Your internship is what you make it. If I wanted to do paperwork all day, I could- but I chose to get out there and do the typical things a full time employee would do. Branching out shows your managers you have confidence and that you do not want to just "get by"

Advice to Management

Training could be more in depth and less online

Date: 2013

Best place to launch a career

A lot of training sessions, meaningful projects, working environment

Diversity - I had to continuously think of making relationship even though it's a bit stressful at the beginning

Have a little background in P&C industry and pricing/reserving is a plus

Date: 2013

Intern learns everything he/she needs to in order to be successful in Claims

The autonomy that I was given The nature of the work The workspace The compensation The Mentor Program

Getting yelled at by claimants/ people over the phone (Not a big issue though)

I didn't really know what to expect coming into an internship in the insurance industry. I learned over the course of a summer that insurance is one of the most important industries in America/the world. I think that a lot of college students looking for an internship may see the insurance industry as boring (I did). But, once you dive in to the work offered to you by Liberty Mutual, you realize that not only is the work challenging and mentally stimulating, but it is rewarding as well.

Advice to Management

I think that my office (the Centennial CO office) could have made my internship more enjoyable if there were at least a few more interns. Although I enjoyed the experience of being the only intern in my dept., I think that the job would have been more enjoyable if there were another intern here.

Great Internship in the Downtown Chicago Area

Getting real experiences with real work that has a big impact on the company. 1.5 days of paid time off every month.

Unable to do overtime.

Come to work early, and get off early, because there are so many things to do in town.

Advice to Management

Have the intern from other offices visit the headquarter and meet other interns from other offices.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)