Intern at Liberty Mutual Internship Program? Submit a Review

Best Experience Ever

Gained knowledge and experience

I liked everything about my internship

Make yourself stand out from the other interns, go above and beyond with everything and always ask for more work when you have the time

Why did you choose Liberty Mutual? What do you know about the job?

Invaluable experience

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The corporate culture and the environment

Nothing comes to mind

The IT aspect of the company is great and not what I expected. Every position could be yours!

Advice to Management

More training

I loved my Liberty Mutual Internship so much that I don't want it to end until I become a full time employee!

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of my internship was the level of experience I gained. I was given tasks that employees with over 5 years of experience were doing. i was given freedom to execute them but also had a support system to aid me with any questions or issues that I faced. Looking back on my internship, I can truly say that I owned and executed campaigns, tasks, and jobs at a high level.

Honestly, there wasn't anything that I didn't like. The aspect I liked the least was the lack of more organized social interaction for all of the interns. There were some opportunities, especially in the three day conference for rising seniors, but I would have liked to have built my peer to peer network more since I was the only intern in my department. Some departments had 20-40 interns. I would have appreciated getting to know more people who may be my coworkers here one day.

Liberty Mutual is a wonderful company to work for. Their corporate culture and values only highlight the moral integrity of this company. Coworkers are supportive, friendly, and on the younger side. As an intern at this company, you will get serious hands-on experience. if you want an internship where you fetch coffee and do administrative tasks that employees don't want to do, don't come to Liberty Mutual. If you want to reflect on your internship and be able to proudly say you accomplished a lot of tasks on a high level where you effort is respected and valued all while furthering your professional career development, Liberty Mutual is the place to be. I highly recommend this internship program to anyone who is motivated and driven to excel in their career.

Tell me some of the things you have recently done on excel. What are your skills?

Tell me about a time you had to management multiple projects.

What is your biggest strength? Weakness?

Great internship opens door for great career beginnings

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to do real work

Interaction with full time employees

Being treated with respect

Good work environment and pay

Not being certain exactly what all I needed to do for developing on my work laptop

This internship was a great experience to see what IT in the real world was like, and it opened up great opportunities for networking and a full-time position for me.

What has been my favorite class in my major and why

When was a time that I had to work with a group and was having difficulties -- what did I do to solve those

Advice to Management

Not all interns received the same welcome kits -- seemed a little strange? (ETS vs. CIIT in specific.)

Best internship I could have hoped for

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

All employees were active in helping me learn and succeed

I have no cons for this internship

I have already been hired.

Liberty Cares

Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting first hand experience on how a large company functions.

inconsistency of work/ things to do.

Come in with an open mind and try to focus on gaining an understanding of if you want to work at the company or not. Try to explore different departments because the experience of your internship is highly dependent on your mentors and managers.

Prepare Yourself to : Establish your Strengths, break down your weaknesses, and Take one Step Closer to What you Want.

Manchester, NH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone I worked with in my office was amazing and showed me nothing but respect and a genuine interest in my development at the company.

Liberty Mutual is a massive country so I would love an opportunity to see more of the operations if that would be possible.

I have had a great experience for several reasons. There has never been a day where I have not felt that my manager and co-workers support me and are willing to help me with issues I am having. At LMI, employees are understanding and willing to educate you as long as you are willing to put forth the effort. Here at Liberty Mutual, you are surrounded by motivated people at all different stages of life. A great place to learn and build.

Name a time where you needed to make a quick decision? How did it work out?

Advice to Management

Specifically for interns, an internship program that allows the intern to observe several department would be so beneficial for the intern and allow the company to be more competitive when attempting to convince the intern to become full time.

Great coworkers which fostered a cohesive work environment. Management wants to help you in any way possible and wants to see you succeed.

Richmond, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Faculty, learning/ leadership opportunities, hands-on work, got sent to Boston for a week with the other interns

No cons, this was a great experience

Be proactive, ask questions, learn as much as you can, make connections and relationships with coworkers. Find a mentor and go out to lunch with them every once in a while.

Tell me about a time when.....

Behavioral based questions.

Advice to Management

Continue to make weekly schedules. This was very helpful and kept me in tune with what was to be expected of me.

The perfect transition to full time work

The experience

Some of the people were very technical

Great place to work

Valuable Real Life Work Experience

Cincinnati, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meaningful work, reasonable hours, well paying

More work hours, shadow other offices

Great company to work for, high value of interns, great future opportunities, meaningful work

Advice to Management

More information for hires moving to a new city for the internship regarding housing, more networking events planned for interns at offices that are not in Boston.