Intern at Liberty Mutual Internship Program? Submit a Review

Helping me find the right career track.

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Helping with the internship program.

I wish that our HR team was a little bigger.

There is a great focus on career development and personal growth.

Great internship opens door for great career beginnings

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to do real work

Interaction with full time employees

Being treated with respect

Good work environment and pay

Not being certain exactly what all I needed to do for developing on my work laptop

This internship was a great experience to see what IT in the real world was like, and it opened up great opportunities for networking and a full-time position for me.

What has been my favorite class in my major and why

When was a time that I had to work with a group and was having difficulties -- what did I do to solve those

Advice to Management

Not all interns received the same welcome kits -- seemed a little strange? (ETS vs. CIIT in specific.)

Learning to Work, and Working to Learn: Having my eyes opened to the "real" world and learning about the many facets of insurance.

Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

-experience at a big company

-connections/relationships made

-flexibility

-compensation & benefits

-opportunity to see how business works

-meaningful work

-the only intern in my department

-be assertive and confident

-learn quickly

-keep relaxed

Describe a time when you had to take on a leadership role.

Why did you apply for this position, what do you see in our company?

Describe a time when you had to work with others in a team.

Asked me to talk about my resume.

Advice to Management

More than one intern in this department? Bus passes?

Amazing Educational and Inspiring Experience

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I have room to develop both professionally and personally. There are many networking opportunities and I am constantly encouraged to grow in many areas. There is NO busy work. All of my work is important and useful. My responisbilities are in line with those of the full-time employees and this gives me a great sense of purpose.

In the beginning there was very little work to do, largely dut to the fact that I started early. This worried me initially but my supervisor did a wonderful job giving me meaningful tasks and development materials to ensure that I had the ability to fill my day with something useful.

Liberty is an amazing company. I would recommend this job especially if you are looking to explore what you may want to do in the future. There are a million opportunities for you to network, explore job functions, and learn about the company.I had no clue what an insurance company was about and I have come to both understand and enjoy the business. Great place to work!

Advice to Management

I think they are doing a great job.

Great professional exposure to the Human Resources field.

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

networking and job shadow opportunities

the fact that the company was in the insurance industry

The HR team I worked with was amazing and Liberty really tries to develop their interns with weekly lunch and learns where interns in each field get to network with each other, and a weekly executive speaker series where you get to learn more about the different functions of the organization.

I think these depend on the interviewer, but Liberty Mutual gives very structured interview guides that follow any traditional behavioral based interview.

Advice to Management

Try to put more value into the co-op program. I sometimes felt that traditional summer interns got more attention that the 6 month co-op students.

Challanging New Opportunities to Learn and Grow in the Insurance Business

Arlington, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Office atmosphere, manager support, knowledge of mentor sales associate, training availability.

The internship has been exciting and there arent any dislikes.

Liberty Mutual is an excellent company, investing its time in training its new and young employees to ensure they are knoweledgable to represent Liberty Mutual in a confident way. Clients best interest is a high priority and integrity is valued.

Real Hands-on work

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I like doing account recs.

I liked everything about my job

You have the opportunity to do real work. It is meaningful and you feel good that you are contributing.

Describe a time you had issues working with others?

What are process improvements that you saw to improve during your job?

Advice to Management

I am happy with all of the above listed.

Great coworkers which fostered a cohesive work environment. Management wants to help you in any way possible and wants to see you succeed.

Richmond, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Faculty, learning/ leadership opportunities, hands-on work, got sent to Boston for a week with the other interns

No cons, this was a great experience

Be proactive, ask questions, learn as much as you can, make connections and relationships with coworkers. Find a mentor and go out to lunch with them every once in a while.

Tell me about a time when.....

Behavioral based questions.

Advice to Management

Continue to make weekly schedules. This was very helpful and kept me in tune with what was to be expected of me.

Real Life Experiences for Students

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

My manager, the work, my team, the company, the real life experiences and work tasks, exposure to what a full-time job would be.

The Location.

They invest in talent and strive to have interns come on full time after graduation.

Automating webpages with a group of highly skilled and amazing people while giving me the experience of a real work place environment.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people was amazing. I got alot of space to work. I got anything I needed to help complete my work faster. I had all my supplies ready for me on my first day. There were many good networking opportunities within the company. Everyone was very friendly. I was repected as much any other employee.

The work given to me could take about a year to complete so it was a bit daunting. Especially when you see the work you finished versus the work that is left for you to try to do.

Even if you think you might not qualify for the job you are looking for you should still apply. You can ask for a mentor to help you with your job. They are also very useful for information if you have any questions. There are so many different jobs within Liberty Mutual that you might be qualified to work somewhere else so don't fret if you don't fit every qualification. You can learn as you go.

In the beginning they would ask questions about myself, the college I am going to, my major, my hobbies etc. Then they asked about instances of my life when I did really well on a project, when I didn't do well on a project and what I learned from it, when I was part of a team and my role in it, what made me interested in the company, what I want to get from the internship, my strengths I can bring to the internship, and if I was familiar with a certain program/if I was willing to learn it.

Advice to Management

I think the training modules too long to complete. I spent almost 2 whole days completing them and some seemed redundant.