Liberty Mutual Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #32 Best Overall Internships

4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 580 Intern Reviews)

Challanging New Opportunities to Learn and Grow in the Insurance Business
Arlington, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Office atmosphere, manager support, knowledge of mentor sales associate, training availability.

The internship has been exciting and there arent any dislikes.

Liberty Mutual is an excellent company, investing its time in training its new and young employees to ensure they are knoweledgable to represent Liberty Mutual in a confident way. Clients best interest is a high priority and integrity is valued.

Great professional exposure to the Human Resources field.
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

networking and job shadow opportunities

the fact that the company was in the insurance industry

The HR team I worked with was amazing and Liberty really tries to develop their interns with weekly lunch and learns where interns in each field get to network with each other, and a weekly executive speaker series where you get to learn more about the different functions of the organization.

I think these depend on the interviewer, but Liberty Mutual gives very structured interview guides that follow any traditional behavioral based interview.

Advice to Management

Try to put more value into the co-op program. I sometimes felt that traditional summer interns got more attention that the 6 month co-op students.

A Challenging and Rewarding Opportunity
Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of this internship was that I was able to participate in activities that directly effect the success of this company. It really was a hands-on experience with critical decision making. I felt like my manager trusted me to make decisions that most other internships might not allow one to make.

The only opportunity that I believe I missed out on was being able to job shadow people in different departments. I wish I was able to job shadow someone in underwriting.

Liberty Mutual has a huge focus on employee engagement. This company has a great understanding that in order to have great customer service they must have content employees.

I was asked questions that the employer wanted me to answer with a star method response. These type of questions involved various scenarios such as "tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer". Any of the top 10 star method questions could be asked.

Advice to Management

The caseload of some adjusters is way to high and their performance is skewed because it is nearly impossible to keep up to their objectives. There have been many people hired since I've started my internship but it is difficult to get that many people up to speed at once.

Great real-world experience.
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were that you had the opportunity to experience everything that a sales rep must do in order to be successful.

I would have liked to have a mentor or lead sales rep to work with.

The sales internship is a great opportunity to prepare someone to be a successful full-time sales rep.

Tell me about a time you had to overcome a difficult situation.

Learn the business and execute what you have learned
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

teamwork, relevant projects, fun atmosphere, great use of resources, technically suplied well

trying to communicate with people in the region can sometimes be difficult with certain personalities

ask questions, come to work on time, know/write down your assignments for the day

Tell me about a time where you had to solve a complicated problem and how did you solve it/

tell me about a time where you had imperfect information and had to present it to a group?

tell me what you think your weaknesses are?

Advice to Management

more one on one training, facetime with higher management, easier and clear guidline for overtime hours

Introduction of Office Life
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Work / life balance. Small working environment but with all the major parts (i.e finance/accounting/operations) visible and accessible.

There was not always work for me to do.

It's a great first internship in which you really experience office life. However, if you're looking for a position that is incredibly challenging, this internship might not be for you.

When was a time that you failed, and what did you learn from that experience?

Advice to Management

Liberty does a great job and creates a fantastic work environment.

A learning and supportive environment.

The trainings

I wished that the executive sessions were better.

It is a very supportive environment that helps employees move around the company to where they feel best.

LEarning legal and negotiating skills with Commercial Claims
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

You learn great legal techniques and get trained for real life experience. You are actually a part of the team and help the company, which is very cool, you do real work, not just getting coffee. Also the people at LMIG are all very high quality folks.

I wasn't crazy about getting yelled at by attorneys, but it is part of the job.

Liberty Mutual is a great place to work filled with great people.

Liberty Cares
Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting first hand experience on how a large company functions.

inconsistency of work/ things to do.

Come in with an open mind and try to focus on gaining an understanding of if you want to work at the company or not. Try to explore different departments because the experience of your internship is highly dependent on your mentors and managers.

Real Hands-on work
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I like doing account recs.

I liked everything about my job

You have the opportunity to do real work. It is meaningful and you feel good that you are contributing.

Describe a time you had issues working with others?

What are process improvements that you saw to improve during your job?

Advice to Management

I am happy with all of the above listed.