Intern at Liberty Mutual Insurance Internship Program? Submit a Review

Fun, Interesting, but not Challenging or Fulfilling

Boston, MA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking opportunities, great people, benefits, programming, etc.

Workload was extremely light, did not have much responsibility at all.

Make sure to reach out to your manager and let it be known that you want to work!

Behavioral, "tell me about a time when," resume walkthrough

Liberty Mutual treats their interns like full-time hires.

Boston, MA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The networking and internship programming that has taken place throughout the summer weeks.

There could always be more networking events.

Insurance allows for many opportunities that you would never receive working for other types of companies. If you are looking for a change, chances are you will find another job to move onto within Liberty Mutual.

Investigation and assistance on the role recruiters hold within branding Liberty Mutual on college campuses.

Boston, MA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The real life applicable work experiences and projects along with the great work culture of Liberty Mutual.

The pace at which projects become finished. An innovative company, but on a day-to-day basis slow turnover for projects.

The background check process can be a little ambiguous and lengthy, but that is a kink that is being worked out within the company's systems and vendors.

Advice to Management

Some things that the company could have done better in order to improve was keeping in touch with the interns after their internship was over-information on whether the interns can expect to come back next summer etc. Another thing was the training courses during the onboarding process-Was difficult at times to gain information on how to use certain programs.

What excites you most about the job?

Give me some examples of some marketing projects you have done or participated in during the past.

Tell me about some of the responsibilities you had at your previous job.

I never 'got coffee': A real internship doing real work with great people

Other (US) | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best parts of my internship were that I had a really great team that was always willing to help, I was doing the same work that the full-time hires on my team did, and we all had a mutual understanding of each others' skills and borrowed from each other accordingly. Additionally, I have gotten to know a lot of the other interns quite well and they are also really great people to be around. Everyone here is so nice and fun to be around, and that has been the best part.

I am not doing exactly what I am studying to do in school. My internship is a data analysis position in the sense that I report on data trends and feed that information out to managers and decision-makers alike, but it is lacking the predictive aspect that I am studying at school. Completely overshadowed by the positive aspects, though.

It is a great place to work and you will be given real work to do if you ask for it. Liberty is very generous with their wages and flexible time off, but being that it is a large company, things move fairly slowly.

Advice to Management

This was not the case for me, but after talking with a lot of the other interns on this topic, I noticed that I was doing real work right away as I felt competent in my abilities in the area I'm working on in my team, but others did not get started for 3-4 weeks. Additionally, the wi-fi was a bit of a pain to understand. Using the guest wi-fi and having to extend my account each day seemed unnecessary.

I can't remember any of them, unfortunately.

Liberty Mutual not only provides an opportunity to develop usefull skills, but also an environment in which you can make an impact.

Boston, MA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best parts were definitely the various levels of support provided during a project. Everyone is working together and it doesn't matter what level employee you are, everyone is willing to talk and help each other out.

Sometimes the projects moved slower than I expected. But this was due to the nature of waiting for data or other obstacles that arose.

My advice to a prospective intern would be that Liberty Mutual allows you to develop your analytical skills that are necessary for any job. Although insurance may not be where you expected to work, it is a very different industry and takes smart people to really make it work. If you're looking to be challenged, but also enjoy working with people who will support you every step of the way, Liberty is the place for you.

Fantastic, Liberty has provided me with more than enough mentors / advancement possibilities and the envionment has been fantastic

Boston, MA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

How well treated and accepted the interns are by their managers and teams. I have never felt so valued in a position before!

Not enough swag was given out! I would love to have more Liberty brand articles of clothing to wear to show off

Pay it forward! Everyone at Liberty looks out for your best interests, try and do the same for those coming after you.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing!

awesome!

Manchester, NH | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

being with other people my age, learning about the company, serve w/ liberty, the different events

training was shorter than we had been advised

make the most of it... Learn what you can and work hard

Wholesome experience where I felt like a valued employee

Boston, MA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

You are treated like a full-time employee and given real work as well as go to meetings just as you would if you were not an intern and a regular employee. My manager was very open to questions and helpful, I had a great experience with him. Additionally, you go to many networking events and trainings that help not only break up your day to day work, but teach valuable skills. Additionally, very good work life balance. I was instructed to never work overtime, and have not a single day. I live with interns at other companies in Boston and they work at least 2 hours longer than I do almost everyday, I am always the first one home. Additionally, interns earn time off and can take a few days here and there to go on vacation or visit family if they want. My roommates work longer hours and do not get time off like this either.

I do not have many complaints at all about this internship, I felt like Liberty does a great job in their internship program. Some of the trainings need to be refined, but they constantly take feedback on them and make changes.

Liberty has been a wonderful internship experience. I was wary to accept only because of location and I am a home body by nature. However, I had an internship offer at a small company that was 10min from home that I almost accepted, but ended up taking a chance and moving to Boston for the summer because Liberty seemed like a better experience. They treat interns very well and you can tell from day one that they want to help you grow and learn and ultimately they really want you to work for them full time.

Basic behavioral questions of course. Additionally, I had some case-like questions that involved looking at graphs of number of claims and trying to come up with reason why there would be spikes and drop in certain types of claims. For example, if there was a relatively steady graph of homeowner's claims in Florida but with a spike in August, a reason this might happen is if a hurricane hit Florida in August.

Great peoiple lots of knowledge

Boston, MA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone was very friendly and helpful and I learned a lot

The start was boring not a lot of work

They are not lying when they say everyone is extremely helpful

Worked hard. Learned. Met people. Grew. Had fun. *Why interning with Liberty Mutual was the best summer of my life.*

Other (US) | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

*Meeting people and networking extensively

*Challenging work that improved my skills

*Real opportunities to actually do work

*Office atmosphere

*Hated driving over the bridge under construction every day (I know that everyone else does too)

*I really don't have any actual complaints. I really enjoyed my time here.

*Tell the interns that there are multiple offices in Portsmouth before people coordinate living together and carpooling. It was so frustrating to find out the day before our first day that we were in different offices.

*Liberty Mutual offers relocation and a nice wage per hour. Other companies I interviewed with offered half and no relocation. Make sure to consider everything including housing.

*Network like crazy. Talk to everyone.

Advice to Management

*I thought the compensation and hours were fine - great actually.

*I think you should go over the opportunities of interns after the internship is over

*I really think you should help new college graduates with student loans. There are a lot of extra expenses that locals don't have to deal with (housing, traveling back home to visit family). The financial burden can seem overwhelming.

If you were a superhero, what power would you have? (Used to see how quick I am and how creative I am)

Tell me a time when you worked in a team:

*and it was successful

*it wasn't successful

What did you do?

It was all situation based questions and very few technical questions. (Do you know programming? What OS do you use?)