Liberty Mutual Internship Program

Great Internship in the Downtown Chicago Area

Getting real experiences with real work that has a big impact on the company. 1.5 days of paid time off every month.

Unable to do overtime.

Come to work early, and get off early, because there are so many things to do in town.

Advice to Management

Have the intern from other offices visit the headquarter and meet other interns from other offices.

Rewarding opportunity!

the incredible resources available both in human captial and databases.

The commuite time.

The people are super friendly and helpful. We have flexible working hours that work great for your kind of lifestyle. The compensation is wonderful and there is always something new and exciting to learn.

Advice to Management

I think that a more explicit retention would be helpful. I spent all this time here- I would really like to work here!

Taking Miami by the Horns

Being able to get a glimpse of multiple sides of the underwriting process.

I am not sure if interns that are in the company for multiple years get raises.

You learn A LOT. Although you may have a specific title, you have the opportunity to learn, or at least, get a glimpse of other departments so your knowledge is always growing. A great company to work for. Do a lot for the community and it's employees.

Date: 2013

Introduction to insurance and work life

The best aspects of this internship is getting exposure to a real job. SInce my internship is rotational, I have had the opportunity to see a deparment as a whole. Also being paired with another intern helped make the transition easier.

What I liked least is although I like rotating and seeing all the parts of a department, I would have liked a few more in depth rotations.

Do not be nervous! Everyone here is very nice and very helpful. They know that you are an intern and that you are new so ask questions.

Date: 2013

Working, learning, and having fun

Meet several new people to network with

Not having enough work to do

There are a lot of opportunities

Advice to Management

Assign more work and work closely with the interns

Date: 2013

Challenging and very rewarding.

The culture at Liberty Mutual is very positive and inviting.

I often felt stressed by the amount of work I was responsible for.

Liberty Mutual is a great company that is dedicated to its values.

Advice to Management

I think it would be beneficial to know a bit more about the work load we will be experiencing when out on the floor.

Real Career Experience

Working on projects with an impact Intern Programs Mentor program Availability of Resources

Waiting so long to find out about job offers

At Liberty everyone is welcoming and you will always have coworkers to eat with - despite the formal dress code at home office, the environment is very relaxed. Even in times of high stress and pressure to meet deadlines, Liberty unlike many employers, does not encourage overtime and want you to maintain a postitive work life balance.

You want to have a great internship, consider Liberty Mutual

Flexible work hours were great, as you really can never be written up for being 5 minutes late. Everyone at Liberty was happy to help out when I needed assistance. Great work environment!

Sometimes it got a little slow, but that's because we were waiting on other people

For the Wausau Office, its great pay for the area, especially for an Intern or New Grad.

Advice to Management

I'm not too sure, It's hard to know this because I haven't been there long enough to decide.

Liberty Lets Interns Lead & Learn

Level of responsibility granted, work-life balance, company-sponsored events, mentoring and guidance.

Structure can wall you off from other departments.

Take the internship. I fully endorse Liberty. I got a promotion and pay increase three months after starting full-time!

Advice to Management

Nothing that I can think of at this point in time.

An Exceptional Internship

I loved working with bodily injury claims and evaluating cases based on medical records and information obtained from the parties involved. I also liked working on various office projects that benefitted the claims representatives and made their jobs more efficient. I also enjoyed the flexible hours, the office culture, and the overall positive attitude that was displayed in the company.

There was very little structure to the internship, a lot of the times I was on my own to find projects. It wasn't always a bad thing, but I'm the type of person who likes having a lot of projects on my plate. The other thing was that the system that the company uses for claims gives interns very limited access which made it hard to help claims representatives with projects.

It's a great company, I'd never pass up an opportunity to work for them full-time.

Advice to Management

The only thing that I would say is that there needs to be more projects specifically designed for interns, maybe a simulation program where interns can handle claims and truly get a handle on what it's like to be a claims representative. Currently, the system that the company uses gives very limited access to the interns which makes it hard for us to truly grasp the concept of handling claims.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)