Intern at Liberty Mutual Internship Program? Submit a Review

Real Life Experiences for Students

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

My manager, the work, my team, the company, the real life experiences and work tasks, exposure to what a full-time job would be.

The Location.

They invest in talent and strive to have interns come on full time after graduation.

Diversified Internship

Phoenix, AZ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The variable hours, interns were allowed to choose their hours.

It was semi constant

Liberty Mutual is not only willing, but plans on investing a lot into their employees.

Best internship I could have hoped for

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

All employees were active in helping me learn and succeed

I have no cons for this internship

I have already been hired.

Intern Makes an Impact at Liberty Mutual

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The location of the office, the people I got to work with and for, and the projects I was given because they made a difference for my whole department, I was not given any busywork.

That it's over! It would have been nice to know about our full-time offers before leaving as well, because if I did not receive it I need to start looking and applying for other opportunities.

Liberty Mutual is a fantastic place to work! They are very focused on employee satisfaction and make sure everyone knows how things are going across the enterprise.

Advice to Management

Although I was able to hit the ground running and jump right into my department, some information about it before my first day would have been helpful so I could spend my time on other things.

All behavioral based:

Give me an example of a time where you had conflict with someone you were working with. What was the conflict, and how did you overcome it? What was the result of working together?

Get an internship that gives you the most amazing experience in the business world as well as sales!

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Gaining real life experience in sales and the business world

-Actually calling customers and trying to obtain commitment of the sale

-Flexible working times and gaining knowledge in the field of sales

-Obtained License in Property/Casualty and Life Insurance

-Shadowin/Working with sales representatives to see how to be successful in sales

The only thing that I did not like was when you are getting licensed to sell insurance, you have to study a considerable to pass the exam. Once you pass and get through the exam, everything is fantastic.

Get ready for a great internship that will test your skills and push you to your limit. You will gain amazing experience in the business world and in sales. The best advice I would give is make sure you get organized right from the start. This internship will help you develop yourself as a person.

Advice to Management

I really liked everything the organization had to offer. The hours, work place, compensation and everything was amazing and I really did have an amazing experience. It taught me a lot about sales and the business world. I wouldn't change my experience one bit.

What is your biggest strength and why?

What is your biggest weakness and why?

What was the most beneficial piece of constructive criticism you encountered throughout your work experience and why was it so beneficial?

Give me a time when you encountered a problem in your work experience and how did you handle that problem?

A summer of fun, learning and real work experience.

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to do "real" work and being able to work and collaborate with so many people around the company.

There was nothing I disliked about the internship.

Although Liberty Mutual might be an insurance company, there's a place for everyone. No matter what your background or education is, there's a place where everyone can grow, learn and make a real impact within the company.

LEarning legal and negotiating skills with Commercial Claims

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

You learn great legal techniques and get trained for real life experience. You are actually a part of the team and help the company, which is very cool, you do real work, not just getting coffee. Also the people at LMIG are all very high quality folks.

I wasn't crazy about getting yelled at by attorneys, but it is part of the job.

Liberty Mutual is a great place to work filled with great people.

Great real-world experience.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were that you had the opportunity to experience everything that a sales rep must do in order to be successful.

I would have liked to have a mentor or lead sales rep to work with.

The sales internship is a great opportunity to prepare someone to be a successful full-time sales rep.

Tell me about a time you had to overcome a difficult situation.

Best Experience Ever

Gained knowledge and experience

I liked everything about my internship

Make yourself stand out from the other interns, go above and beyond with everything and always ask for more work when you have the time

Why did you choose Liberty Mutual? What do you know about the job?

Excellent Actuarial Internship

Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Excellent Career/Skills development, Great work enviornment, Excellent pay, High percentage of job offers. Perfect internship

Projects depend on what work needs to be done, so occastionally I had nothing to do becase there was no need. That was rare though.

Live it up and do your best. This is a great opportunity.