Liberty Mutual Internship Program

Intern at Liberty Mutual Internship Program? Log in to Submit a Review

A great opportunity for advancement in the professional world.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting people, gaining experience, real life project exposure, being part of a team.

Nothing, this was a great internship program.

This is a great opportunity. I would be very excited and hopeful for this candidate. This is an excellent company to work for and a good place to advance your career.

Advice to Management

Nothing, Liberty Mutual was a phenomenal place overall.

A great company culture and an awesome look at engineering from a different light.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interns were treated with much respect and I was able to interact with my managers and bosses on a professional level.

Not exactly related to my career interests.

The company respects their employees and want to see their employees happy.

Preparation for the Future
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

In my opinion, the best aspect of this internship was the experience that I gained throughout the course of time that I worked here.

There is nothing that i disliked about this internship

Liberty Mutual is definitely a great place to work. There are plenty of opportunities with this company along with great benefits.

Advice to Management

N/A

Great Experience for the Young Insurance Professional

insurance experience gained

at some points there was a lack of clarity

They really value their employees

An Educational, Rewarding and Interesting Sales Internship
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

A daily education of various aspects concerning insurance, sales, and administrative duties while in an office setting.

None applicable.

Liberty Mutual has many opportunities and believes in the success of each employee.

Apply what you've learned and experience a wonderful opportunity to gain exposure to a growing industry.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking, pay, locations, culture, benefits

Not enough challenges

Make sure you know statistics and are comfortable interacting with many people. You meet a lot of people from all over the company.

Advice to Management

Definitely more interaction between the people currently in the PMDP and the people applying/interning for PMDP.

Great Opportunity for Full-Time Employment
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The flexibility of my schedule on a semester-to-semester basis.

A lot of down time. This wasnt a day-to-day issue but there were weeks during the company re-organization where I really had nothing to do,.

LIberty Mutual is a great company to start your career and provides a lot of different opportunities moving forward. With the size of the company and their clear focus on retaining their interns, there is enormous potential for growth and movement i the company.

Perfect learning experience.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to the corporate world.

Lack of training or guidance.

Get involved more.

Liberty Mutual offers growth opporunities and challenging responsibilities to fit interns expectations.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

*High level of opportunity for growth and learning.
*Real world responsibilities (Got to deliver code on important, consumer facing, projects).
*Allowed to dictate the workload you can handle and how you can stretch yourself through good communication with leadership.
*Corperate community is welcoming, professional, understanding, and willing to help (Not elitist, no Cowboy Coders).

*Slow ramp up time
*Finding the projects to work on requires leg work and confidence by the intern (You have to push back on your managers so they know you are ready to take on more work/get started, it would be possible to get *forgotten* in the system and as some other interns prooved, not do any meaningful work for 6 months. If you wait around for someone to tell you what to do when your done with your work - you wont hear anything until your end of year/intership review.)

Bring a "go get em" attitude, self confidence and the desire to expand yourself by taking on challenging responsibilites will get you far.

Advice to Management

More specific trainings would be great, my team started doing more "lunch and learn" presentations and sharing of knowledge between team members was great for a intern who is ready to learn everything they can, it also raised awareness about how the team as a whole functions and what requirements/difficulties other members of the team face.
I would also suggest making sure that managers who take on Interns are ready for the increased requirements that an intern presents, its best to keep close track of them and this "hand holding" phase is a significant time drain over managing a normal employee. For any manager who is already working at maximum capactiy this usually means the intern loses out becasue the iterns time is effectivly the most inefficient use of a mangers time, they require the most work and get the least immediate value added to the managers current projects. Interships are about fosterning long term employees (for cheap!) who are ready to learn if you make the investment in sufficiently teaching/herding them.

Liberty Mutual offered very good internship training seminars to learn their company, culture and our profession.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

1. Very good training seminars and intern orientation.
2. Pay was good.
3. Working time was flexible.
4. Job offer.

1. No housing was provided.

LM is one of the largest P&C insurance companies in the United States with offices all across the country. If you'd like to work in a company with diversity, stability, good pay, long history, this is the place you should seriously consider.