Liberty Mutual Internship Program

Intern at Liberty Mutual Internship Program? Log in to Submit a Review

It was a solid summer and I learned a lot.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to experience what a real office job would be like in the business world.

I did not work with any other interns.

Liberty Mutual is a great place to work because they really care about the interns in the offices where you are placed as well as home office.

Never would I have imagined gaining so many valuable skills and unique experiences in one short summer.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I learned new things every day, gained valuable business skills, compensated very generously, great work environment, the internship program was very engaging and interactive

This internship doesn't exactly pertain to what I'm looking to do in my career, but I gained valuable skills, and my manager tried to give me tasks that related to my major.

The work environment is unbelievable. Everyone is so friendly and willing to help. I don't think this is just isolated within the Portsmouth office, but is how the whole company is run. Working in such an environment makes for such an inviting and enjoyable experience.

Introduction to the insurance world while working with a great team.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

My mentor, managers, internship group, work given to me.

Sometimes had to deal with tough situations I wasn't trained for. Example: had to do an introduction insurance phone interview to a woman who had just been hospitalized for suicidal attempt.

Great internship with high potential for a career if you dedicate yourself during the summer internship.

Advice to Management

Nothing, Liberty Mutual is a great organization.

Great preperation for the actual position

Sales and flexibility

There was not anything that bothered me

stay updated

Advice to Management

more college recruiting

Experience the corporate culture with a company that truly looks out for its employees.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I pretty much did what my mentor was doing. In terms of real life experience, you can't beat that! Everyone was welcoming and extremely helpful. There were other interns who helped me along the way as well.

I liked pretty much everything about the internship, but it was way too far of a drive for me every day.

If you really want business world experience, especially in the insurance field, Liberty Mutual is the company for you. It has excellend potential for a job offer, and you can move around anywhere in the company essentially. If you start in disability claims, you can move to marketing, administration, or whatever. Liberty Mutual treats their employees well. They even give the interns lots of little gifts, and the company outings are the best (imagine getting paid to go bowling at Strike City at the Epicentre in Charlotte!).

Advice to Management

I felt a little left out when other senior interns were invited to an event in Boston at the end of the summer internship, because I truly am excited about Liberty Mutual and I felt that it was simply assumed that after my intership I would seek a career elsewhere. This made me feel as though my experience and will to stay and work at Liberty were not really valued. At the same time I realize it's my responsibility to vocalize my desire to work here after graduation, and I still plan on applying as it's probably one of my best options and I sincerely hope to work for Liberty Mutual some day in one capacity or another.

Liberty Offers Grand Internship Experience. Student Accepts and is Wowwed!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The learning aspects of the job were phenomenal. The people and the culture at Liberty Mutual were easily the best I had ever worked with or could hope to. Everybody was incredibly friendly and eager to help out with my advancement and understanding of the industry.

There was very little to not enjoy about the internship. I woke up everyday eager and excited to go to work. The least enjoyable thing was worrying whether I would receive an offer or not. I worked incredibly hard trying to obtain an offer because I thoroughly enjoyed the company and easily saw myself spending my entire career there.

The requirements for obtainng and staying in the Development Program are hard and stringent, but in the end it is worth it because of the support that the company gives you.

Advice to Management

Not a lot. It was an amazing place to spend my summer.

A beneficial opportunity to learn important aspects of the business world through communication with clients and the start of a career.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning to communicate with clients and feel comfortable speaking with others. Shadowing onsite and networking events. The education materials were effective. Building relationships with the majority of people in both of my offices. Attending leadership conference in Boston. Overall job experience.

Commuting from my home to work.

Ask questions. Have confidence when dealing with clients.

A great opportunity for advancement in the professional world.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting people, gaining experience, real life project exposure, being part of a team.

Nothing, this was a great internship program.

This is a great opportunity. I would be very excited and hopeful for this candidate. This is an excellent company to work for and a good place to advance your career.

Advice to Management

Nothing, Liberty Mutual was a phenomenal place overall.

Liberty Mutual Internship Program of Excellence
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

collegues and supervisors, hourly pay, opportunity to obtian a position after graduation, sales skills learned

the location of my office is about an hour and a half drive from my home so making that trip twice a day was difficult

i think they would like to hear what i wonderful training program they provide, as well as compensation, benefits, ect.

Oppurtunitys for future success
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking oppurtunities, Team project experience, personal development

There was nothing to dislike

It is a very respectful organization that cares for their employees. Wonderful place to develop as an individiual

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)