Intern at Liberty Mutual Internship Program? Submit a Review

Detail-oriented person willing to adapt to multiple situations, deadlines, and projects

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hours were excellent, but the people were really what made my internship both memorable and enjoyable

I did not prefer to scan, however this experience allowed me to meet other people outside of my department.

Treat every job, no matter how small, as if it was the biggest assignment you have been given. You may not think what you are doing is "that" important, but you are adding value to the organization. By successfully completing the small tasks, you will gain the trust of your superiors and this will allow them to entrust you will more difficult work.

Advice to Management

I think this internship program was set up very well. The only thing I would have possibly pefered is slightly higher compensation. However, the experience I gained was well worth every moment at Liberty. I hope to return at a later date.

Tell me about a time when you had a very "unimportant" job that you did to the best of your ability and surpassed the bar that was set for you.

Prepare Yourself to : Establish your Strengths, break down your weaknesses, and Take one Step Closer to What you Want.

Manchester, NH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone I worked with in my office was amazing and showed me nothing but respect and a genuine interest in my development at the company.

Liberty Mutual is a massive country so I would love an opportunity to see more of the operations if that would be possible.

I have had a great experience for several reasons. There has never been a day where I have not felt that my manager and co-workers support me and are willing to help me with issues I am having. At LMI, employees are understanding and willing to educate you as long as you are willing to put forth the effort. Here at Liberty Mutual, you are surrounded by motivated people at all different stages of life. A great place to learn and build.

Advice to Management

Specifically for interns, an internship program that allows the intern to observe several department would be so beneficial for the intern and allow the company to be more competitive when attempting to convince the intern to become full time.

Name a time where you needed to make a quick decision? How did it work out?

Real Hands-on work

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I like doing account recs.

I liked everything about my job

You have the opportunity to do real work. It is meaningful and you feel good that you are contributing.

Advice to Management

I am happy with all of the above listed.

Describe a time you had issues working with others?

What are process improvements that you saw to improve during your job?

Liberty Cares

Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting first hand experience on how a large company functions.

inconsistency of work/ things to do.

Come in with an open mind and try to focus on gaining an understanding of if you want to work at the company or not. Try to explore different departments because the experience of your internship is highly dependent on your mentors and managers.

Priceless, eye-opening, expanding, joyful way to spend a summer while learning.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I got to work with/meet.

That it was only for 3 months. I wish I didn't have to end the internship.

Disregard the fact that this is an insurance company. They are MUCH more than that. You will not be disappointed if you choose to give Liberty Mutual Insurance a shot.

Making Career Decisions and Lifelong Friends

Austin, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The flex schedule since I am in school too.

I least liked the traffic getting there. Overall I loved my internship.

Great employee benefits, welcoming work environment, helpful staff, teamwork is important here, and the diverse group of careers within one organization.

Best Summer Ever

- Company culture

- Colleagues/Teammates

- Manager

- Intern group

- Debriefs

- Presentation

- Redundant trainings sometimes

If you like work life balance and career development, Liberty Mutual is the perfect place for you.

List 5 things you would consider when evaluating a homeowner insurance contract.

Valuable, Meaningful Work for Interns at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to be in the corporate office and network with higher-ups was my favorite part of my internship. More opportunities come when someone can just walk down the hall and ask you to help them with something versus emailing someone in another office whom they've never met.

I didn't make as many friends as I'd have liked in an office with 100+ interns.. there is intern programming, but they haven't really figured out the best way to do it yet. I found out in the last week or so that there were some really nice girls that worked the floor below me all summer!

If you want to show up to work at whatever time each day wearing whatever you'd like, this job isn't for you. It's a structured, formal, full-time job. Being an intern at LMI is no different than if you were a real full-time employee.. you just happen to have an end date! What's good about that is that by the end of your internship, you know EXACTLY what it would be like to be a full team member because you've been fully immersed in the company the whole duriation of your internship. In other words, the only coffee you'll be running to get is for yourself!

10 week clip of being an Actuary

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with my team doing real life work that mattered for the company.

I sometimes felt like the managers were not really aware of the intern responsibilities outside of the team.

Make sure you get involved sooner rather than later. Don't wait until the last week or month to do job shadows and talk with senior management.

Fast passed work environment with enormous opportunity to grow yourself but more importantly your career.

Allentown, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of this internship would be without a doubt the one on one interaction between my branch manager and the ESR in my office. The dynamic ability to have such close relationships with both of these individuals has been paramount to my abilities to ask questions, learn the company, the industry, and everything that comes with a position such as this.

My only displeasure with this internship which is very trivial to start is that up until recently I was the only individual in relation to my age here in the office. While this was a down fall in some regards it was also a perk in the sense that I had enormous amounts of knowledge from vetted reps in the office.

At first I didn’t know anything about insurance, other than that everyone had it and everyone needed it. So if you want to be the guy or the girl who has that knowledge this is definitely the job for you. There is a lot of learning and hours that need to be put in, however the payout thus far has been extremely rewarding and there is much more to come!

Advice to Management

At a point of an internship such as I am in, it would be interesting to entertain the idea of compensation on some level for policy’s that got bound or sold by the intern.

There was an exorbitant amount of questions asked during the interview process. All of which were very off beat than that of what I expected. I would recommend having a story, or something you learned, or something you failed at, or lastly something you did above average for every aspect of your resume.