Intern at Liberty Mutual Internship Program? Submit a Review

Invaluable experience

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The corporate culture and the environment

Nothing comes to mind

The IT aspect of the company is great and not what I expected. Every position could be yours!

Advice to Management

More training

Experience a strong learning experience that will introduce you to the insurance industry and will give you strong customer service skills

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed the constant communication with co-workers and clients. I also really enjoyed the investigative nature of my role in insurance claims

I felt the role becoming less and less challenging as I got more familiar with my role. I did not feel a continued challenge at the level that I wished

Come in with an open mind, enthusiasm, and a willingness to learn, as there is much to learn from start to end about the insurance industry.

Describe a time when you were very frustrated with a situation and came out of the situation with a positive outcome.

Advice to Management

Cannot think of any

I learn a very diverse set of skills, challanging myself every day to learn and contribute more.

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amount of training effort that went into readying me for the position. The constant sight of future opportunities. The engagement and envolvement with the entire team.

Sometimes a quiet office.

Be ready to be able to work independently, but know that there is always support if you need it. You will have the chance to gain a huge skillset and knowledge of the insurance industry no matter what department you are in.

More personal-based questions. They look for the quality of character and experiences, rather than the depth of knowledge you learn from books and classes. This shows due to the type of people that work here, most of who have absolutely no ego or issue helping someone out.

Challenging work, but worth it. For those who enjoy problem solving.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, significant work, the people I work with.

Had to study for an exam, work, and commute a ways to get to work.

Learn as much as you can and get as involved as you can. And have fun with the people you work with.

Strengths/weakness, experience, tech skills.

Advice to Management

Pretty good, corporate is corporate.

Valuable Real Life Work Experience

Cincinnati, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meaningful work, reasonable hours, well paying

More work hours, shadow other offices

Great company to work for, high value of interns, great future opportunities, meaningful work

Advice to Management

More information for hires moving to a new city for the internship regarding housing, more networking events planned for interns at offices that are not in Boston.

The best summer ever.

Cincinnati, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Liberty Mutual provided a space online called the Intern Hub that allowed us to connect to our fellow interns and see what was going on in other offices. They also coordinated events within the office such as a social, Management Q&A panel, and a recent graduates Q&A panel. I received one-on-one time with my manager every 3 weeks, and I was put on a real project where I was able to attend regular stand up meetings everyday. At the end of the summer, I was invited to Senior Forum (for senior interns only) which allowed me to obtain a better insight into the company. They were able to answer all my questions I had about the company and more!

I wish I had more work during the summer at some points in time.

Liberty Mutual respects their interns which can be clearly seen by a competitive hourly rate (as an intern), and the numerous events throughout the summer.

Learning Insurance 101

Manchester, NH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting great people and learning valuable information.

Sometimes it was repetitive, but that is the case anywhere.

Learn as much as you can and grow your network as much as possible.

When was a time when you had to solve a tough problem?

When was a time when you had to take control of a group?

Advice to Management

Keep everybody on the same page.

Making Career Decisions and Lifelong Friends

Austin, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The flex schedule since I am in school too.

I least liked the traffic getting there. Overall I loved my internship.

Great employee benefits, welcoming work environment, helpful staff, teamwork is important here, and the diverse group of careers within one organization.

Liberty Cares

Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting first hand experience on how a large company functions.

inconsistency of work/ things to do.

Come in with an open mind and try to focus on gaining an understanding of if you want to work at the company or not. Try to explore different departments because the experience of your internship is highly dependent on your mentors and managers.

Introduction of Office Life

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Work / life balance. Small working environment but with all the major parts (i.e finance/accounting/operations) visible and accessible.

There was not always work for me to do.

It's a great first internship in which you really experience office life. However, if you're looking for a position that is incredibly challenging, this internship might not be for you.

When was a time that you failed, and what did you learn from that experience?

Advice to Management

Liberty does a great job and creates a fantastic work environment.