Liberty Mutual Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #32 Best Overall Internships

Great real-world experience.
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were that you had the opportunity to experience everything that a sales rep must do in order to be successful.

I would have liked to have a mentor or lead sales rep to work with.

The sales internship is a great opportunity to prepare someone to be a successful full-time sales rep.

Tell me about a time you had to overcome a difficult situation.

10 week clip of being an Actuary
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with my team doing real life work that mattered for the company.

I sometimes felt like the managers were not really aware of the intern responsibilities outside of the team.

Make sure you get involved sooner rather than later. Don't wait until the last week or month to do job shadows and talk with senior management.

A Great Start in a Great Company
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of my internship was the hands on approach my manager and team took. I witnessed everyday how the agents, service reps, and senior branch manager handled their daily responsibilities and what changes and additions they made to better the workplace.

As I stated before, Liberty Mutual is a huge company and it is difficult to experience all aspects of the company in one summer. I would have liked more exposure to the other departments to see what they were like. Not that I did not like Personal Insurance but other SBU's interested me as well.

If given the opportunity to work for Liberty Mutual, take it. It is a great first step to begin a search for a career. There are a multitude of factors that are difficult to find at other jobs. An intern will learn to understand the reality of a career choice and the effort needed to succeed as well as the larger company dynamic. The freedom given to employees also allows people to analyze what path is right for them.

When was a time where you needed to problem solve with a short amount of time? What was the end result? Would you change anything now?

Advice to Management

I honestly cannot think of one bad aspect. The only thing I would have liked is the greater exposure to other departments.

An opportunity to gain actual technical experience and receive compensation for my work
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of flexibility, both at work and outside of work, was great

It took a little while before I was assigned work, because I started at an inconvenient time

Stay on your toes. There's a wide scope of work to do, so expect to have to try new things

A challenging yet rewarding learning experience that has developed my professional skills and prepared me for a successful career in IT.
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

A feel of inclusion, friendly coworkers, managers and atmosphere in general, challenging workload, and competitive pay.

Could get boring at times, sometimes sitting in a cubicle all day can be rough.

This is an awesome company, if you are looking for somewhere to work that is challenging but also where you feel welcomed and appreciated, this is the place to work.

What operating systems are you familiar with?

Describe a specific situation where you troubleshooted a problem.

If you do what you love, you'll never work a single day in your life: My Liberty Mutual experience
Springfield, MO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part of my job is the people I work with. In my day-to-day, I work with friendly, talkented, supportive people, who genuinely care about my development, and appreciate the work I do. I always feel comfortable asking questions or asking for help, and when I'm doing well I help the office become higher producing, which makes me feel awesome because it shows my work matters. Being a member of this team is very important to me.

Everytime I'm presented with the question, or I see the question "what do you dislike most about _____" and the response is "nothing, I love it all".. I admit, It comes off as fake to me, and I reject it. But in all honesty, I have nothing to complain about here. I love what I do, I love the company, the people I work with, the manager I work for, the resources we're given..Everything.

The one thing I would say to someone considering joining this company is, just understand Liberty Mutual takes care of its employees, and their families. You will become a member of a culture that cares about your well-being, and invests into your future. You will not find a better group of people to support you and help you reach your goals, while pushing you to realize you're true potential.

Give us an example of a time you were faced with an ethical dillema, and how you handled it.

Where do you see yourself in the future?

Advice to Management

I don't think there's anything here I would change, employee retention I suppose would be nice for sales rep in our office. That doesn't speak for the company as a whole, just the office I'm in. We have two service reps here who have over 10 years each with Liberty Mutual, however there's very young sales reps. In other offices there are a lot of sales reps who have been with the company a long time, but for whatever reason we don't seem to have any

Sales takes hard work!
Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

flexible hours, helpful employees, good atmosphere

not enough structure/direction

you get out of it what you put into it.

Fast passed work environment with enormous opportunity to grow yourself but more importantly your career.
Allentown, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of this internship would be without a doubt the one on one interaction between my branch manager and the ESR in my office. The dynamic ability to have such close relationships with both of these individuals has been paramount to my abilities to ask questions, learn the company, the industry, and everything that comes with a position such as this.

My only displeasure with this internship which is very trivial to start is that up until recently I was the only individual in relation to my age here in the office. While this was a down fall in some regards it was also a perk in the sense that I had enormous amounts of knowledge from vetted reps in the office.

At first I didn’t know anything about insurance, other than that everyone had it and everyone needed it. So if you want to be the guy or the girl who has that knowledge this is definitely the job for you. There is a lot of learning and hours that need to be put in, however the payout thus far has been extremely rewarding and there is much more to come!

There was an exorbitant amount of questions asked during the interview process. All of which were very off beat than that of what I expected. I would recommend having a story, or something you learned, or something you failed at, or lastly something you did above average for every aspect of your resume.

Advice to Management

At a point of an internship such as I am in, it would be interesting to entertain the idea of compensation on some level for policy’s that got bound or sold by the intern.

Great internship opens door for great career beginnings
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to do real work

Interaction with full time employees

Being treated with respect

Good work environment and pay

Not being certain exactly what all I needed to do for developing on my work laptop

This internship was a great experience to see what IT in the real world was like, and it opened up great opportunities for networking and a full-time position for me.

What has been my favorite class in my major and why

When was a time that I had to work with a group and was having difficulties -- what did I do to solve those

Advice to Management

Not all interns received the same welcome kits -- seemed a little strange? (ETS vs. CIIT in specific.)

Best internship I could have hoped for
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

All employees were active in helping me learn and succeed

I have no cons for this internship

I have already been hired.