Intern at Liberty Mutual Insurance Internship Program? Submit a Review

deep dive into a great corporate culture with immerse IT departments

I was able to add value to a $9M IT funding presentation

I love how immersed the interns are into what it would be like full time

Come in ready to work and reap the benefits of a Fortune 100 company

All behavioral questions.

Tell me a time when you were in a team project and were challenged with adversity. What did you do and how did the team respond?

Excellent Career Start in IT

Other (US) | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I got a lot of mentoring from my peers and management and felt like a welcome part of the time, while being held to reasonable expectations.

Some of the other interns I worked with were not as serious about their work (quality, speed, quantity, etc)

Be bold and don't be afraid to give input.

Advice to Management

Enforce more structure to intern-specific work. The innovation project that I worked with other interns on was difficulty due to it being nebulous.

The place you want to work!

Boston, MA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the environment and the support

I did not have a con about this internship.

Come prepared with questions and ideas on what you want to learn.

Are you willing to learn new technologies?

An eye opening and great learning experience

Seattle, WA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Location of internship, being able to work with other interns, the amount of interns, interns events provided by Liberty, the pay

Slow start, intern project timing, housing situation

The intern project should be introduced earlier, housing should be supplied so that interns will be able to stay for the full 12 weeks and make the moving process easier

Receive real work experience in a company where work-life balance is a priority

Boston, MA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real work experience, great colleagues and other interns, good pay, good work-life balance

Not much socialization of the interns by the recruiting program-- we've had a few events all together but an effort hasn't been made to force interns to meet more people, so we don't. Would've liked more events, esp. those outside of work, organized by the company for us to all branch out and get to know each other

If you are looking to have a social life outside of work, and looking to have fun weekends with lots of time to yourself, this is the company for you! In addition, everyone is incredibly friendly and will help you in all your endeavors.

This is an amazing oppurtunity to explore what you would like to do. LMI offers hundreds of positions and encourages lateral switches.

Boston, MA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Becoming a lot more proficient with excel. Working on my public speaking. Meeting so many different employees and other interns to boost my network.

At times, the work got very monotonous; this is to be expected with data entry though. Yet, being close with my team and the other people working around me made the work a lot more enjoyable.

Liberty Mutual is not just an insurance company. There are literally hundreds of different positions to satisfy all employees interests. They also encourage all employees to laterally transfer to different positions, giving employees a better overall picture of how Liberty Mutual is run. The vast majority of employees that I have spoke to have laterally transferred to a different department within the company at least once.

The non-case interview process was very laid back. It was mostly behavioral questions (greatest achievement, greatest weakness/strength...). The case interview was tough, but if you have basic knowledge of financial statements and how they are all connected, you will be fine.

Challenging and life-changing experience

Boston, MA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I like the fact that my team is very including, they take me to meetings and include me in projects and allow me to have more responsibilities and really be a part of the team. I also like that we have many opportunities to learn more about the company through lunch and learns and speaker series.

I think the initial training could have included more time for interns to meet each other and spend some time together.

If you want to work for a global, top 100 company with a great culture and great people, Liberty Mutual is the place you should think about.

Advice to Management

I think Liberty could do a better job at promoting diversity by being more accommodating to hiring international students.

Many behavioral questions about problem-solving and conflict-resolution.

Why did I want to work for Liberty?

Case analysis interview that included two question with financial rations and understanding of financial statements and insurance companies.

How does Liberty Mutual make money?

Student Learns About All that Insurance has to Offer

Boston, MA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really like the company and my team. All the people that I have encountered have been extremely helpful and willing to go out of their way to make sure I understand something or talk to be about anything relating the company. The company as a whole really understands that their employees are people with lives outside of work and is excellent at promoting healthy work-life-balance habits.

The lack of structured work in my internship is what I like least. There will be days that I am very busy and feel very useful and days when I don't have much to do all day. I wish I was on some sort of long term summer project or something because it is hard to get completely immersed within a company and team in just 10 weeks.

This company is fantastic. It is an excellent place to work and you are surrounded by excellent people. Make sure you make an effort to get to know people throughout your time here. People are more than willing to grab a cup of coffee and tell you about what they do and offer some advice.

How does an insurance company make money?

Great learning experience

Boston, MA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

What I enjoy so far is working day-to-day with my team. They are a great help and make working here at Liberty Mutual a great experience.

There is nothing that I like the least as of now.

It has great benefits and amazing company culture. All other employees are really helpful, caring, and nice.

Liberty Mutual: Corporate Opportunities Close to Home

Other (US) | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Close to home, independent projects/work, networking

Sometimes run out of things to do when manager is busy

Know corporate culture and how o use Excel!

Advice to Management

n/a

Do you know how an insurance company makes its money? Explain.