4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 580 Intern Reviews)

and Get 1 FREE DAY

Great work experience with unbelievable potential of career development
Toledo, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

office culture

nothing, everything is great. Challenging but great things in life are challenging

Take advenatge of all the opportunities they provide

What would you bring to Liberty Mutual

Advice to Management

No complaints, an amzing internship

Real Hands-on work
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I like doing account recs.

I liked everything about my job

You have the opportunity to do real work. It is meaningful and you feel good that you are contributing.

Describe a time you had issues working with others?

What are process improvements that you saw to improve during your job?

Advice to Management

I am happy with all of the above listed.

Liberty Mutual: Great Pay, Amazing Opportunities.
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

A few best aspects of my internship included great compensation, an open work schedule (you can come in anytime between 7-9, and leave between 3-5), being treated the same as a full time associate, and a meaningful internship experience where I made great networking opportunities and actually learned transferable skills.

I did not enjoy working in the Claims department, as most of the job concerns calling claimants and medical professionals.

Liberty is a fantastic place to work once you get your foot in the door, I did not enjoy my actual position but feel that the company itself is incredibe. I look forward to transfering to a different department next year, and am very excited for the future opportunities my manager and operations manager have advised me on. You could not ask for a better place to work, people care about you, you are paid well, and you can come and go whenever as long as you get your work done. The workload itself was definitely managable, with strict company guidelines of working no more than 37.5 hours a week. Liberty cares greatly about its interns

-Tell us about a time you had to give hard news to another individual. What did you say and how did they handle it?

-What is your biggest weakness?

Advice to Management

The only advice I could give Liberty is to expand on the training program. I was given many opportunities to work on complex claims and make complex decisions, although I was only supposed to work on 'simple' claims. I really enjoyed this, because I was able to go above and beyond my role, although I had to learn a lot of stuff outside of my training class. I would advise a split training program that covers simple actions and procedures such as ICP's amd EDM's for one week, a one week introductory break to get to know one's team and mentor, then a second week of training for claim approvals and handling complex icps.

A challenging yet rewarding learning experience that has developed my professional skills and prepared me for a successful career in IT.
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

A feel of inclusion, friendly coworkers, managers and atmosphere in general, challenging workload, and competitive pay.

Could get boring at times, sometimes sitting in a cubicle all day can be rough.

This is an awesome company, if you are looking for somewhere to work that is challenging but also where you feel welcomed and appreciated, this is the place to work.

What operating systems are you familiar with?

Describe a specific situation where you troubleshooted a problem.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

An opportunity to gain actual technical experience and receive compensation for my work
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of flexibility, both at work and outside of work, was great

It took a little while before I was assigned work, because I started at an inconvenient time

Stay on your toes. There's a wide scope of work to do, so expect to have to try new things

If you do what you love, you'll never work a single day in your life: My Liberty Mutual experience
Springfield, MO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part of my job is the people I work with. In my day-to-day, I work with friendly, talkented, supportive people, who genuinely care about my development, and appreciate the work I do. I always feel comfortable asking questions or asking for help, and when I'm doing well I help the office become higher producing, which makes me feel awesome because it shows my work matters. Being a member of this team is very important to me.

Everytime I'm presented with the question, or I see the question "what do you dislike most about _____" and the response is "nothing, I love it all".. I admit, It comes off as fake to me, and I reject it. But in all honesty, I have nothing to complain about here. I love what I do, I love the company, the people I work with, the manager I work for, the resources we're given..Everything.

The one thing I would say to someone considering joining this company is, just understand Liberty Mutual takes care of its employees, and their families. You will become a member of a culture that cares about your well-being, and invests into your future. You will not find a better group of people to support you and help you reach your goals, while pushing you to realize you're true potential.

Give us an example of a time you were faced with an ethical dillema, and how you handled it.

Where do you see yourself in the future?

Advice to Management

I don't think there's anything here I would change, employee retention I suppose would be nice for sales rep in our office. That doesn't speak for the company as a whole, just the office I'm in. We have two service reps here who have over 10 years each with Liberty Mutual, however there's very young sales reps. In other offices there are a lot of sales reps who have been with the company a long time, but for whatever reason we don't seem to have any

LEarning legal and negotiating skills with Commercial Claims
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

You learn great legal techniques and get trained for real life experience. You are actually a part of the team and help the company, which is very cool, you do real work, not just getting coffee. Also the people at LMIG are all very high quality folks.

I wasn't crazy about getting yelled at by attorneys, but it is part of the job.

Liberty Mutual is a great place to work filled with great people.

A Great Start in a Great Company
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of my internship was the hands on approach my manager and team took. I witnessed everyday how the agents, service reps, and senior branch manager handled their daily responsibilities and what changes and additions they made to better the workplace.

As I stated before, Liberty Mutual is a huge company and it is difficult to experience all aspects of the company in one summer. I would have liked more exposure to the other departments to see what they were like. Not that I did not like Personal Insurance but other SBU's interested me as well.

If given the opportunity to work for Liberty Mutual, take it. It is a great first step to begin a search for a career. There are a multitude of factors that are difficult to find at other jobs. An intern will learn to understand the reality of a career choice and the effort needed to succeed as well as the larger company dynamic. The freedom given to employees also allows people to analyze what path is right for them.

When was a time where you needed to problem solve with a short amount of time? What was the end result? Would you change anything now?

Advice to Management

I honestly cannot think of one bad aspect. The only thing I would have liked is the greater exposure to other departments.

Sales takes hard work!
Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

flexible hours, helpful employees, good atmosphere

not enough structure/direction

you get out of it what you put into it.

Learning to Work, and Working to Learn: Having my eyes opened to the "real" world and learning about the many facets of insurance.
Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

-experience at a big company

-connections/relationships made

-flexibility

-compensation & benefits

-opportunity to see how business works

-meaningful work

-the only intern in my department

-be assertive and confident

-learn quickly

-keep relaxed

Describe a time when you had to take on a leadership role.

Why did you apply for this position, what do you see in our company?

Describe a time when you had to work with others in a team.

Asked me to talk about my resume.

Advice to Management

More than one intern in this department? Bus passes?