Liberty Mutual Internship Program

An Exceptional Internship

I loved working with bodily injury claims and evaluating cases based on medical records and information obtained from the parties involved. I also liked working on various office projects that benefitted the claims representatives and made their jobs more efficient. I also enjoyed the flexible hours, the office culture, and the overall positive attitude that was displayed in the company.

There was very little structure to the internship, a lot of the times I was on my own to find projects. It wasn't always a bad thing, but I'm the type of person who likes having a lot of projects on my plate. The other thing was that the system that the company uses for claims gives interns very limited access which made it hard to help claims representatives with projects.

It's a great company, I'd never pass up an opportunity to work for them full-time.

Advice to Management

The only thing that I would say is that there needs to be more projects specifically designed for interns, maybe a simulation program where interns can handle claims and truly get a handle on what it's like to be a claims representative. Currently, the system that the company uses gives very limited access to the interns which makes it hard for us to truly grasp the concept of handling claims.

Great people, Great experience, Great company

gained a lot of experience, was trusted with much responsibility, friendly and helpful employees and manager, flexible, managers and team members extremely easy to approach with questions and concerns

I can't think of anything.

Be open to learning; don't be afraid to ask questions when you need to

You want to have a great internship, consider Liberty Mutual

Flexible work hours were great, as you really can never be written up for being 5 minutes late. Everyone at Liberty was happy to help out when I needed assistance. Great work environment!

Sometimes it got a little slow, but that's because we were waiting on other people

For the Wausau Office, its great pay for the area, especially for an Intern or New Grad.

Advice to Management

I'm not too sure, It's hard to know this because I haven't been there long enough to decide.

Date: 2013

Liberty Mutual's mentorship guarantees personal development and the opportunity to explore careers within the insurance industry.

Real work, saw real results, and contributes to the organization's bottom line, had the opportunity to travel to Boston, developed a out-of-office mentorship with my in-office mentor.

Nothing, it was awesome.

Be willing to apply for internships outside of your initial scope, because the organization is great at letting you explore new avenues and meeting people outside your initial department.

Advice to Management

Employee retention: outside of the two home offices (Safeco & Liberty) it is difficult for interns to receive conversion.

An unforgettable Opportuity.

It is local and close to my university. Also, there is opportunity for relocation.

Not being able to make compensibility decisions on claims

I would recommend to a candidate to be great with time management

Date: 2013

Great people to work with

the experience is unbelievable, the exposure, and the people i get to meet

Sometimes the work days are slow, but that is expected with any internship

Work hard, and do your job the best you can

Advice to Management

nothing the work place i work in is extremely friendly, and flexible

Date: 2013

A high qualitty internship in many regards.

The people in the company are all approachable and welcoming. Most employees recommend the company as a great place to work for when compared to other corporations. I was given work in a very delagtive fashion, which I enjoyed. That being said, I was always given feedback and guidance to make sure I was performing up to expectations.

At times it was difficult to coordinate with some of my mentors due to scheduling conflicts.

I would highly recommend working for this organization based off of all my experiences with this organization.

Advice to Management

As an intern, I really do not have that many complaints. This company has exceeded my expecations as far as treating an intern goes.

Date: 2013

Internship provides an excellent opportunity to obtain a wide range of work-related experiences.

Many chances to gain experience using tools I will need as a full-time employee.

Somewhat isolated, unless you make an effort to interact with other co-workers.

Excellent internship program - they give you real work to do, lots of training opportunities, and a real chance of a full-time job at the end of it.

Date: 2013

I learned more from my internship than my past 2 years of schooling.

Skill development, pay, social environment

Wish i could work longer than just the three months in the summer

The environment is casaul, fun and Liberty Mutual values their interns and your development is a priority to them.

Date: 2013

Meaningful work, awesome work environment, and great compensation.

Great work environment and meaningful work. Business travel.

There was nothing negative about the internship.

Give your best every day and take it very serious.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)