Intern at Liberty Mutual Internship Program? Submit a Review

10 week clip of being an Actuary

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with my team doing real life work that mattered for the company.

I sometimes felt like the managers were not really aware of the intern responsibilities outside of the team.

Make sure you get involved sooner rather than later. Don't wait until the last week or month to do job shadows and talk with senior management.

Get an internship that gives you the most amazing experience in the business world as well as sales!

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Gaining real life experience in sales and the business world

-Actually calling customers and trying to obtain commitment of the sale

-Flexible working times and gaining knowledge in the field of sales

-Obtained License in Property/Casualty and Life Insurance

-Shadowin/Working with sales representatives to see how to be successful in sales

The only thing that I did not like was when you are getting licensed to sell insurance, you have to study a considerable to pass the exam. Once you pass and get through the exam, everything is fantastic.

Get ready for a great internship that will test your skills and push you to your limit. You will gain amazing experience in the business world and in sales. The best advice I would give is make sure you get organized right from the start. This internship will help you develop yourself as a person.

What is your biggest strength and why?

What is your biggest weakness and why?

What was the most beneficial piece of constructive criticism you encountered throughout your work experience and why was it so beneficial?

Give me a time when you encountered a problem in your work experience and how did you handle that problem?

Advice to Management

I really liked everything the organization had to offer. The hours, work place, compensation and everything was amazing and I really did have an amazing experience. It taught me a lot about sales and the business world. I wouldn't change my experience one bit.

A Challenging and Rewarding Opportunity

Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of this internship was that I was able to participate in activities that directly effect the success of this company. It really was a hands-on experience with critical decision making. I felt like my manager trusted me to make decisions that most other internships might not allow one to make.

The only opportunity that I believe I missed out on was being able to job shadow people in different departments. I wish I was able to job shadow someone in underwriting.

Liberty Mutual has a huge focus on employee engagement. This company has a great understanding that in order to have great customer service they must have content employees.

I was asked questions that the employer wanted me to answer with a star method response. These type of questions involved various scenarios such as "tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer". Any of the top 10 star method questions could be asked.

Advice to Management

The caseload of some adjusters is way to high and their performance is skewed because it is nearly impossible to keep up to their objectives. There have been many people hired since I've started my internship but it is difficult to get that many people up to speed at once.

Best Experience Ever

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Gained knowledge and experience

I liked everything about my internship

Make yourself stand out from the other interns, go above and beyond with everything and always ask for more work when you have the time

Why did you choose Liberty Mutual? What do you know about the job?

Life changing

Pay and Experience

I wish other interns worked year-round as well so that I wasn't one of the only ones

Liberty mutual provides incredible experience as a college student in a corporate world. Not only are you exposed to fun intern events, but you are also treated as a real employee and given real work to see what your job could be like in the future. You're NOT a paper-pusher or coffee-provider at Liberty mutual which is awesome.

Advice to Management

Nothing - all of these aspects are great.

Excellent Actuarial Internship

Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Excellent Career/Skills development, Great work enviornment, Excellent pay, High percentage of job offers. Perfect internship

Projects depend on what work needs to be done, so occastionally I had nothing to do becase there was no need. That was rare though.

Live it up and do your best. This is a great opportunity.

Sales takes hard work!

Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

flexible hours, helpful employees, good atmosphere

not enough structure/direction

you get out of it what you put into it.

Real Hands-on work

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I like doing account recs.

I liked everything about my job

You have the opportunity to do real work. It is meaningful and you feel good that you are contributing.

Describe a time you had issues working with others?

What are process improvements that you saw to improve during your job?

Advice to Management

I am happy with all of the above listed.

a true devleopment program, both personally and professionally

Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

ample training classes, paid time off, lots of perks: yacht ride, trip to boston, ice cream days, happy hours..., happy/busy work enviroment, so many pros

some training classes were a bit repetitive of things I've already learned in school, but overall useful.

You will be busy, get to know your coworkers and fellow interns. The non competitve intern enviroment is very nice, everyone is friends and we all hangout on the weekend.

behavioral questions + case interview + job shadow + lunch with the department.

ex: describe a difficult problem and how you overcame it

describe a time when someone else on your team wanted to take a different course of action and how you handled the situation

Advice to Management

consider offering better benefits in regards to continuing education instead of higher compensation.

Rewarding summer with meaningful work

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The training was extensive and gave a good foundation for the meaningful work that the intership offered. The work that is given to interns is also real work that is on par with the work being done by full time employees.

I wish there was more time to meet other interns from other offices and explore the different opportunities at liberty.

Liberty offers a great intern experience and gives you real work so you develop an understanding of what you will actually be doing if you are given the opportunity to work for them full time. They also put a lot of resources into the internship program and value interns.

Give an example of a time where you were confronted with a challenge and had to overcome it.

Give an example of a time where you had to lead a group or project.

Advice to Management

I was happy with pretty much every aspect of the internship. I would suggest having more opportunities during the internship program to explore areas outside of the intern's department.