4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 580 Intern Reviews)

Liberty cares about your career development, and shows it!
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

They care a lot about your career development, not just the work you put in

I didn't like the fact that for the internship I felt like it was more about trying to prove myself for a full time offer, and I couldn't focus on learning as much, but it paid off.

Just give it your all, and if you try hard you will be rewarded.

I learn a very diverse set of skills, challanging myself every day to learn and contribute more.
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amount of training effort that went into readying me for the position. The constant sight of future opportunities. The engagement and envolvement with the entire team.

Sometimes a quiet office.

Be ready to be able to work independently, but know that there is always support if you need it. You will have the chance to gain a huge skillset and knowledge of the insurance industry no matter what department you are in.

More personal-based questions. They look for the quality of character and experiences, rather than the depth of knowledge you learn from books and classes. This shows due to the type of people that work here, most of who have absolutely no ego or issue helping someone out.

10 week clip of being an Actuary
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with my team doing real life work that mattered for the company.

I sometimes felt like the managers were not really aware of the intern responsibilities outside of the team.

Make sure you get involved sooner rather than later. Don't wait until the last week or month to do job shadows and talk with senior management.

Valuable Real Life Work Experience
Cincinnati, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meaningful work, reasonable hours, well paying

More work hours, shadow other offices

Great company to work for, high value of interns, great future opportunities, meaningful work

Advice to Management

More information for hires moving to a new city for the internship regarding housing, more networking events planned for interns at offices that are not in Boston.

Challenging work, but worth it. For those who enjoy problem solving.
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, significant work, the people I work with.

Had to study for an exam, work, and commute a ways to get to work.

Learn as much as you can and get as involved as you can. And have fun with the people you work with.

Strengths/weakness, experience, tech skills.

Advice to Management

Pretty good, corporate is corporate.

Prepare Yourself to : Establish your Strengths, break down your weaknesses, and Take one Step Closer to What you Want.
Manchester, NH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone I worked with in my office was amazing and showed me nothing but respect and a genuine interest in my development at the company.

Liberty Mutual is a massive country so I would love an opportunity to see more of the operations if that would be possible.

I have had a great experience for several reasons. There has never been a day where I have not felt that my manager and co-workers support me and are willing to help me with issues I am having. At LMI, employees are understanding and willing to educate you as long as you are willing to put forth the effort. Here at Liberty Mutual, you are surrounded by motivated people at all different stages of life. A great place to learn and build.

Name a time where you needed to make a quick decision? How did it work out?

Advice to Management

Specifically for interns, an internship program that allows the intern to observe several department would be so beneficial for the intern and allow the company to be more competitive when attempting to convince the intern to become full time.

A Great Start in a Great Company
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of my internship was the hands on approach my manager and team took. I witnessed everyday how the agents, service reps, and senior branch manager handled their daily responsibilities and what changes and additions they made to better the workplace.

As I stated before, Liberty Mutual is a huge company and it is difficult to experience all aspects of the company in one summer. I would have liked more exposure to the other departments to see what they were like. Not that I did not like Personal Insurance but other SBU's interested me as well.

If given the opportunity to work for Liberty Mutual, take it. It is a great first step to begin a search for a career. There are a multitude of factors that are difficult to find at other jobs. An intern will learn to understand the reality of a career choice and the effort needed to succeed as well as the larger company dynamic. The freedom given to employees also allows people to analyze what path is right for them.

When was a time where you needed to problem solve with a short amount of time? What was the end result? Would you change anything now?

Advice to Management

I honestly cannot think of one bad aspect. The only thing I would have liked is the greater exposure to other departments.

Sales takes hard work!
Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

flexible hours, helpful employees, good atmosphere

not enough structure/direction

you get out of it what you put into it.

Invaluable experience
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The corporate culture and the environment

Nothing comes to mind

The IT aspect of the company is great and not what I expected. Every position could be yours!

Advice to Management

More training

I loved my Liberty Mutual Internship so much that I don't want it to end until I become a full time employee!
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of my internship was the level of experience I gained. I was given tasks that employees with over 5 years of experience were doing. i was given freedom to execute them but also had a support system to aid me with any questions or issues that I faced. Looking back on my internship, I can truly say that I owned and executed campaigns, tasks, and jobs at a high level.

Honestly, there wasn't anything that I didn't like. The aspect I liked the least was the lack of more organized social interaction for all of the interns. There were some opportunities, especially in the three day conference for rising seniors, but I would have liked to have built my peer to peer network more since I was the only intern in my department. Some departments had 20-40 interns. I would have appreciated getting to know more people who may be my coworkers here one day.

Liberty Mutual is a wonderful company to work for. Their corporate culture and values only highlight the moral integrity of this company. Coworkers are supportive, friendly, and on the younger side. As an intern at this company, you will get serious hands-on experience. if you want an internship where you fetch coffee and do administrative tasks that employees don't want to do, don't come to Liberty Mutual. If you want to reflect on your internship and be able to proudly say you accomplished a lot of tasks on a high level where you effort is respected and valued all while furthering your professional career development, Liberty Mutual is the place to be. I highly recommend this internship program to anyone who is motivated and driven to excel in their career.

Tell me some of the things you have recently done on excel. What are your skills?

Tell me about a time you had to management multiple projects.

What is your biggest strength? Weakness?