Intern at Liberty Mutual Internship Program? Submit a Review

Prepare Yourself to : Establish your Strengths, break down your weaknesses, and Take one Step Closer to What you Want.

Manchester, NH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone I worked with in my office was amazing and showed me nothing but respect and a genuine interest in my development at the company.

Liberty Mutual is a massive country so I would love an opportunity to see more of the operations if that would be possible.

I have had a great experience for several reasons. There has never been a day where I have not felt that my manager and co-workers support me and are willing to help me with issues I am having. At LMI, employees are understanding and willing to educate you as long as you are willing to put forth the effort. Here at Liberty Mutual, you are surrounded by motivated people at all different stages of life. A great place to learn and build.

Name a time where you needed to make a quick decision? How did it work out?

Advice to Management

Specifically for interns, an internship program that allows the intern to observe several department would be so beneficial for the intern and allow the company to be more competitive when attempting to convince the intern to become full time.

LEarning legal and negotiating skills with Commercial Claims

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

You learn great legal techniques and get trained for real life experience. You are actually a part of the team and help the company, which is very cool, you do real work, not just getting coffee. Also the people at LMIG are all very high quality folks.

I wasn't crazy about getting yelled at by attorneys, but it is part of the job.

Liberty Mutual is a great place to work filled with great people.

Real Life Experiences for Students

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

My manager, the work, my team, the company, the real life experiences and work tasks, exposure to what a full-time job would be.

The Location.

They invest in talent and strive to have interns come on full time after graduation.

Intern Makes an Impact at Liberty Mutual

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The location of the office, the people I got to work with and for, and the projects I was given because they made a difference for my whole department, I was not given any busywork.

That it's over! It would have been nice to know about our full-time offers before leaving as well, because if I did not receive it I need to start looking and applying for other opportunities.

Liberty Mutual is a fantastic place to work! They are very focused on employee satisfaction and make sure everyone knows how things are going across the enterprise.

All behavioral based:

Give me an example of a time where you had conflict with someone you were working with. What was the conflict, and how did you overcome it? What was the result of working together?

Advice to Management

Although I was able to hit the ground running and jump right into my department, some information about it before my first day would have been helpful so I could spend my time on other things.

Learn the business and execute what you have learned

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

teamwork, relevant projects, fun atmosphere, great use of resources, technically suplied well

trying to communicate with people in the region can sometimes be difficult with certain personalities

ask questions, come to work on time, know/write down your assignments for the day

Tell me about a time where you had to solve a complicated problem and how did you solve it/

tell me about a time where you had imperfect information and had to present it to a group?

tell me what you think your weaknesses are?

Advice to Management

more one on one training, facetime with higher management, easier and clear guidline for overtime hours

Best professional development experience of your life, and full time opportunities with best corporation in the US when you are done.

Orlando, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

the best aspect for me was getting to work in an office environment, and receiving all of the professional development experience that comes with that. also at the end of the internship, all of the high preforming interns got to fly to Boston, and while there we had a SBU dinner. for my SBU dinner, I got to eat with Jim MacPhee (current CCO at liberty) and talk about his time at Liberty, and all the different positions he has held gave me confidence in being able to move up within the corporation, and then change SBUs, which removed any remaining reasons I had to doubt joining Liberty full time next year.

fee bills! they were boring, but even that I can't really call a "con" the experience whole was AMAZING

just apply. don't be intimidated by the fact that it is an amazing fortune 100 company. I'm a 3.1 GPA UF student, and I got to intern there, you probably will too!

*this is a call center environment, and an important part of what we do is make a genuine human connection to each policy holder, can you tell me about a time you made a genuine human connection, and how that worked out?*

Advice to Management

make fee bills and expense reports paperless quicker. other than that, honestly, it was an amazing place to work, and that was because of the management. compensation, hours, and promotions are why I am going to take a position there next year.

Making Career Decisions and Lifelong Friends

Austin, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The flex schedule since I am in school too.

I least liked the traffic getting there. Overall I loved my internship.

Great employee benefits, welcoming work environment, helpful staff, teamwork is important here, and the diverse group of careers within one organization.

Advice to Management

I learn a very diverse set of skills, challanging myself every day to learn and contribute more.

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amount of training effort that went into readying me for the position. The constant sight of future opportunities. The engagement and envolvement with the entire team.

Sometimes a quiet office.

Be ready to be able to work independently, but know that there is always support if you need it. You will have the chance to gain a huge skillset and knowledge of the insurance industry no matter what department you are in.

More personal-based questions. They look for the quality of character and experiences, rather than the depth of knowledge you learn from books and classes. This shows due to the type of people that work here, most of who have absolutely no ego or issue helping someone out.

Priceless, eye-opening, expanding, joyful way to spend a summer while learning.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I got to work with/meet.

That it was only for 3 months. I wish I didn't have to end the internship.

Disregard the fact that this is an insurance company. They are MUCH more than that. You will not be disappointed if you choose to give Liberty Mutual Insurance a shot.

10 week clip of being an Actuary

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with my team doing real life work that mattered for the company.

I sometimes felt like the managers were not really aware of the intern responsibilities outside of the team.

Make sure you get involved sooner rather than later. Don't wait until the last week or month to do job shadows and talk with senior management.