Intern at Liberty Mutual Internship Program? Submit a Review

Life changing

Pay and Experience

I wish other interns worked year-round as well so that I wasn't one of the only ones

Liberty mutual provides incredible experience as a college student in a corporate world. Not only are you exposed to fun intern events, but you are also treated as a real employee and given real work to see what your job could be like in the future. You're NOT a paper-pusher or coffee-provider at Liberty mutual which is awesome.

Advice to Management

Nothing - all of these aspects are great.

Excellent Actuarial Internship

Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Excellent Career/Skills development, Great work enviornment, Excellent pay, High percentage of job offers. Perfect internship

Projects depend on what work needs to be done, so occastionally I had nothing to do becase there was no need. That was rare though.

Live it up and do your best. This is a great opportunity.

Best Experience Ever

Gained knowledge and experience

I liked everything about my internship

Make yourself stand out from the other interns, go above and beyond with everything and always ask for more work when you have the time

Why did you choose Liberty Mutual? What do you know about the job?

A summer of fun, learning and real work experience.

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to do "real" work and being able to work and collaborate with so many people around the company.

There was nothing I disliked about the internship.

Although Liberty Mutual might be an insurance company, there's a place for everyone. No matter what your background or education is, there's a place where everyone can grow, learn and make a real impact within the company.

Great work experience with unbelievable potential of career development

Toledo, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

office culture

nothing, everything is great. Challenging but great things in life are challenging

Take advenatge of all the opportunities they provide

What would you bring to Liberty Mutual

Advice to Management

No complaints, an amzing internship

A Great Start in a Great Company

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of my internship was the hands on approach my manager and team took. I witnessed everyday how the agents, service reps, and senior branch manager handled their daily responsibilities and what changes and additions they made to better the workplace.

As I stated before, Liberty Mutual is a huge company and it is difficult to experience all aspects of the company in one summer. I would have liked more exposure to the other departments to see what they were like. Not that I did not like Personal Insurance but other SBU's interested me as well.

If given the opportunity to work for Liberty Mutual, take it. It is a great first step to begin a search for a career. There are a multitude of factors that are difficult to find at other jobs. An intern will learn to understand the reality of a career choice and the effort needed to succeed as well as the larger company dynamic. The freedom given to employees also allows people to analyze what path is right for them.

When was a time where you needed to problem solve with a short amount of time? What was the end result? Would you change anything now?

Advice to Management

I honestly cannot think of one bad aspect. The only thing I would have liked is the greater exposure to other departments.

LEarning legal and negotiating skills with Commercial Claims

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

You learn great legal techniques and get trained for real life experience. You are actually a part of the team and help the company, which is very cool, you do real work, not just getting coffee. Also the people at LMIG are all very high quality folks.

I wasn't crazy about getting yelled at by attorneys, but it is part of the job.

Liberty Mutual is a great place to work filled with great people.

Learning to Work, and Working to Learn: Having my eyes opened to the "real" world and learning about the many facets of insurance.

Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

-experience at a big company

-connections/relationships made

-flexibility

-compensation & benefits

-opportunity to see how business works

-meaningful work

-the only intern in my department

-be assertive and confident

-learn quickly

-keep relaxed

Describe a time when you had to take on a leadership role.

Why did you apply for this position, what do you see in our company?

Describe a time when you had to work with others in a team.

Asked me to talk about my resume.

Advice to Management

More than one intern in this department? Bus passes?

A challenging yet rewarding learning experience that has developed my professional skills and prepared me for a successful career in IT.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

A feel of inclusion, friendly coworkers, managers and atmosphere in general, challenging workload, and competitive pay.

Could get boring at times, sometimes sitting in a cubicle all day can be rough.

This is an awesome company, if you are looking for somewhere to work that is challenging but also where you feel welcomed and appreciated, this is the place to work.

What operating systems are you familiar with?

Describe a specific situation where you troubleshooted a problem.

An opportunity to gain actual technical experience and receive compensation for my work

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of flexibility, both at work and outside of work, was great

It took a little while before I was assigned work, because I started at an inconvenient time

Stay on your toes. There's a wide scope of work to do, so expect to have to try new things