Liberty Mutual Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #32 Best Overall Internships

Making Career Decisions and Lifelong Friends
Austin, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The flex schedule since I am in school too.

I least liked the traffic getting there. Overall I loved my internship.

Great employee benefits, welcoming work environment, helpful staff, teamwork is important here, and the diverse group of careers within one organization.

Invaluable experience
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The corporate culture and the environment

Nothing comes to mind

The IT aspect of the company is great and not what I expected. Every position could be yours!

Advice to Management

More training

Learning Insurance 101
Manchester, NH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting great people and learning valuable information.

Sometimes it was repetitive, but that is the case anywhere.

Learn as much as you can and grow your network as much as possible.

When was a time when you had to solve a tough problem?

When was a time when you had to take control of a group?

Advice to Management

Keep everybody on the same page.

Diversified Internship
Phoenix, AZ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The variable hours, interns were allowed to choose their hours.

It was semi constant

Liberty Mutual is not only willing, but plans on investing a lot into their employees.

A summer of fun, learning and real work experience.
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to do "real" work and being able to work and collaborate with so many people around the company.

There was nothing I disliked about the internship.

Although Liberty Mutual might be an insurance company, there's a place for everyone. No matter what your background or education is, there's a place where everyone can grow, learn and make a real impact within the company.

LEarning legal and negotiating skills with Commercial Claims
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

You learn great legal techniques and get trained for real life experience. You are actually a part of the team and help the company, which is very cool, you do real work, not just getting coffee. Also the people at LMIG are all very high quality folks.

I wasn't crazy about getting yelled at by attorneys, but it is part of the job.

Liberty Mutual is a great place to work filled with great people.

Intern Makes an Impact at Liberty Mutual
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The location of the office, the people I got to work with and for, and the projects I was given because they made a difference for my whole department, I was not given any busywork.

That it's over! It would have been nice to know about our full-time offers before leaving as well, because if I did not receive it I need to start looking and applying for other opportunities.

Liberty Mutual is a fantastic place to work! They are very focused on employee satisfaction and make sure everyone knows how things are going across the enterprise.

All behavioral based:

Give me an example of a time where you had conflict with someone you were working with. What was the conflict, and how did you overcome it? What was the result of working together?

Advice to Management

Although I was able to hit the ground running and jump right into my department, some information about it before my first day would have been helpful so I could spend my time on other things.

Liberty cares about your career development, and shows it!
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

They care a lot about your career development, not just the work you put in

I didn't like the fact that for the internship I felt like it was more about trying to prove myself for a full time offer, and I couldn't focus on learning as much, but it paid off.

Just give it your all, and if you try hard you will be rewarded.

Fast passed work environment with enormous opportunity to grow yourself but more importantly your career.
Allentown, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of this internship would be without a doubt the one on one interaction between my branch manager and the ESR in my office. The dynamic ability to have such close relationships with both of these individuals has been paramount to my abilities to ask questions, learn the company, the industry, and everything that comes with a position such as this.

My only displeasure with this internship which is very trivial to start is that up until recently I was the only individual in relation to my age here in the office. While this was a down fall in some regards it was also a perk in the sense that I had enormous amounts of knowledge from vetted reps in the office.

At first I didn’t know anything about insurance, other than that everyone had it and everyone needed it. So if you want to be the guy or the girl who has that knowledge this is definitely the job for you. There is a lot of learning and hours that need to be put in, however the payout thus far has been extremely rewarding and there is much more to come!

There was an exorbitant amount of questions asked during the interview process. All of which were very off beat than that of what I expected. I would recommend having a story, or something you learned, or something you failed at, or lastly something you did above average for every aspect of your resume.

Advice to Management

At a point of an internship such as I am in, it would be interesting to entertain the idea of compensation on some level for policy’s that got bound or sold by the intern.

Valuable, Meaningful Work for Interns at Liberty Mutual Insurance
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to be in the corporate office and network with higher-ups was my favorite part of my internship. More opportunities come when someone can just walk down the hall and ask you to help them with something versus emailing someone in another office whom they've never met.

I didn't make as many friends as I'd have liked in an office with 100+ interns.. there is intern programming, but they haven't really figured out the best way to do it yet. I found out in the last week or so that there were some really nice girls that worked the floor below me all summer!

If you want to show up to work at whatever time each day wearing whatever you'd like, this job isn't for you. It's a structured, formal, full-time job. Being an intern at LMI is no different than if you were a real full-time employee.. you just happen to have an end date! What's good about that is that by the end of your internship, you know EXACTLY what it would be like to be a full team member because you've been fully immersed in the company the whole duriation of your internship. In other words, the only coffee you'll be running to get is for yourself!