Liberty Mutual Internship Program

Intern at Liberty Mutual Internship Program? Log in to Submit a Review

Testing,testing, testing.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to eventually reach a point where i did not feel like the college intern but as a full time, reliable employee.

Days when work volume was low.

The organizational structure of the company is outstanding. Employee-manager relations are strong.

Team-oriented analytical underwriting internship
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Being able to sit with mentors and underwriters.
-Specific projects that meant something to the organization
-Pay
-Management's attitude towards interns

I was responsible for finding my own housing

Know the current stage of the company and the office culture.

Advice to Management

Consider adding a housing option to interns without a cut in pay.

Guy gets experience

Company perks
Supervisors and networking opportunities
On-the-job training

Daily commute

The people at Liberty are professional, affable, and extremely sharp. They genuinely want to help you succeed in your career beyond college. The experience from my internship was one of the most rewarding and valuable ones I've had throughout my college career, despite my having worked for other multinational corporations in the past. Not only did I feel valued for my recommendations, insights, and opinions, but I also felt like I was truly part of the team. Liberty goes out of its way to show how much it values its interns and makes sure that you are well-compensated and taken care of during your time there. Most importantly, the networking opportunities and the people you meet through this experience are some of the best in the business industry, and you simply can't put a price on all the lessons and advice that they give you.

Liberty Mutual - a company offering a great actuarial internship!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

My manager was really approachable. She was always ready to answer my questions. The training during the internship was also great as it helped me learn a lot about the company and the actuarial profession. Everyone in the company is always ready to help you and is really friendly.

I would say this internship was great and I cannot find anything I did not like.

The company is great and the people are friendly and always willing to help you. Everyone is also very professional and you can really learn a lot from them.

Advice to Management

The internship is perfect!

Liberty Mutual Insurance offers a comprehensive internship program that provides many opportunities for participants to come back full-time.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Corporate Culture - Liberty's corporate culture is outstanding and very supportive of all employees.
- Career Development - Liberty offers a lot of training, great experience, and a solid mentoring component in its program.
- Full-Time Employment Prospects - Interns had many avenue to full-time positions. I was able to find a job I liked with ease.

Nothing; the internship was honestly one of the best programs I've ever taken part in. That experience last summer is why I decided to pursue full-time opportunities with the company and why I am so excited and eager to return next month.

Liberty Mutual Insurance offers an outstanding internship program that will generate enormous value for you in your quest to gain experience. I strongly recommend you apply and make an attempt to join this program because it's top-notch.

Advice to Management

N/A - Already a great place to work.

A great place to gain real-life experience in the workplace while planning your future career.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

real-work experience, atmosphere of the office, networking

Could have handled a bigger workload

Great benefits, great pay, great atmosphere and people, a lot of willingness to expand interns' roles

Actuarial Intern gains insights on actuarial profession through hands-on projects and networking
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed working on a project who's results mattered to the company. They gave me real work to do and made me feel like I was adding to their company. I loved the people and their willingness to teach me new things. I also thought the the actuarial internship provided a lot of training which was helped me to understand all of the different roles that actuaries could take on.

I thought that in the actuarial program our weekly meetings were hard to participate in because there were so many of us.

My advice would be to pick a company that you felt comfortable interviewing with. You want to make sure that the people at the company are the type of people you enjoy being around and are willing to help you advance in your career.

Personal Markets Sales Internship
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I gained comprehensive exposure to a variety of business-related functions, including marketing, communications, sales, and human resources. I gained valuable and practical experience that will assist me when I begin working there full-time.

There were some days where I did not have many responsibilities and had to find ways to occupy my time.

Liberty Mutual is an excellent company to work for because it encourages advancement within the company.

Great real-world experience that led to a full-time job offer
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Great team to work with
-Real world assignments that actually contributed to the team
-Full time job offer

Some days there is a lot less work to do than others, which can result in a very slow and boring day.

It seems like a great company to work for. Be willing to do anything they ask, work hard, and you'll be succesful.

Advice to Management

Maybe a little bit more training, but really the best way to learn is by actually doing something.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)