Intern at Liberty Mutual Internship Program? Submit a Review

Real Hands-on work

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I like doing account recs.

I liked everything about my job

You have the opportunity to do real work. It is meaningful and you feel good that you are contributing.

Describe a time you had issues working with others?

What are process improvements that you saw to improve during your job?

Advice to Management

I am happy with all of the above listed.

Liberty Cares

Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting first hand experience on how a large company functions.

inconsistency of work/ things to do.

Come in with an open mind and try to focus on gaining an understanding of if you want to work at the company or not. Try to explore different departments because the experience of your internship is highly dependent on your mentors and managers.

Get an internship that gives you the most amazing experience in the business world as well as sales!

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Gaining real life experience in sales and the business world

-Actually calling customers and trying to obtain commitment of the sale

-Flexible working times and gaining knowledge in the field of sales

-Obtained License in Property/Casualty and Life Insurance

-Shadowin/Working with sales representatives to see how to be successful in sales

The only thing that I did not like was when you are getting licensed to sell insurance, you have to study a considerable to pass the exam. Once you pass and get through the exam, everything is fantastic.

Get ready for a great internship that will test your skills and push you to your limit. You will gain amazing experience in the business world and in sales. The best advice I would give is make sure you get organized right from the start. This internship will help you develop yourself as a person.

What is your biggest strength and why?

What is your biggest weakness and why?

What was the most beneficial piece of constructive criticism you encountered throughout your work experience and why was it so beneficial?

Give me a time when you encountered a problem in your work experience and how did you handle that problem?

Advice to Management

I really liked everything the organization had to offer. The hours, work place, compensation and everything was amazing and I really did have an amazing experience. It taught me a lot about sales and the business world. I wouldn't change my experience one bit.

Learning Insurance 101

Manchester, NH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting great people and learning valuable information.

Sometimes it was repetitive, but that is the case anywhere.

Learn as much as you can and grow your network as much as possible.

When was a time when you had to solve a tough problem?

When was a time when you had to take control of a group?

Advice to Management

Keep everybody on the same page.

Engaging Internship

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the engaging work and the true focus on the employees.

Not as much of a social aspect as some companies who like to party

You earn friednship and repect through hard work!

All behavioral

Advice to Management

More fun actitives/socials

A learning and supportive environment.

The trainings

I wished that the executive sessions were better.

It is a very supportive environment that helps employees move around the company to where they feel best.

Making Career Decisions and Lifelong Friends

Austin, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The flex schedule since I am in school too.

I least liked the traffic getting there. Overall I loved my internship.

Great employee benefits, welcoming work environment, helpful staff, teamwork is important here, and the diverse group of careers within one organization.

The best summer ever.

Cincinnati, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Liberty Mutual provided a space online called the Intern Hub that allowed us to connect to our fellow interns and see what was going on in other offices. They also coordinated events within the office such as a social, Management Q&A panel, and a recent graduates Q&A panel. I received one-on-one time with my manager every 3 weeks, and I was put on a real project where I was able to attend regular stand up meetings everyday. At the end of the summer, I was invited to Senior Forum (for senior interns only) which allowed me to obtain a better insight into the company. They were able to answer all my questions I had about the company and more!

I wish I had more work during the summer at some points in time.

Liberty Mutual respects their interns which can be clearly seen by a competitive hourly rate (as an intern), and the numerous events throughout the summer.

Experience a strong learning experience that will introduce you to the insurance industry and will give you strong customer service skills

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed the constant communication with co-workers and clients. I also really enjoyed the investigative nature of my role in insurance claims

I felt the role becoming less and less challenging as I got more familiar with my role. I did not feel a continued challenge at the level that I wished

Come in with an open mind, enthusiasm, and a willingness to learn, as there is much to learn from start to end about the insurance industry.

Describe a time when you were very frustrated with a situation and came out of the situation with a positive outcome.

Advice to Management

Cannot think of any

A summer of fun, learning and real work experience.

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to do "real" work and being able to work and collaborate with so many people around the company.

There was nothing I disliked about the internship.

Although Liberty Mutual might be an insurance company, there's a place for everyone. No matter what your background or education is, there's a place where everyone can grow, learn and make a real impact within the company.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)