Intern at Liberty Mutual Insurance Internship Program? Submit a Review

I loved my Liberty Mutual Internship so much that I don't want it to end until I become a full time employee!

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of my internship was the level of experience I gained. I was given tasks that employees with over 5 years of experience were doing. i was given freedom to execute them but also had a support system to aid me with any questions or issues that I faced. Looking back on my internship, I can truly say that I owned and executed campaigns, tasks, and jobs at a high level.

Honestly, there wasn't anything that I didn't like. The aspect I liked the least was the lack of more organized social interaction for all of the interns. There were some opportunities, especially in the three day conference for rising seniors, but I would have liked to have built my peer to peer network more since I was the only intern in my department. Some departments had 20-40 interns. I would have appreciated getting to know more people who may be my coworkers here one day.

Liberty Mutual is a wonderful company to work for. Their corporate culture and values only highlight the moral integrity of this company. Coworkers are supportive, friendly, and on the younger side. As an intern at this company, you will get serious hands-on experience. if you want an internship where you fetch coffee and do administrative tasks that employees don't want to do, don't come to Liberty Mutual. If you want to reflect on your internship and be able to proudly say you accomplished a lot of tasks on a high level where you effort is respected and valued all while furthering your professional career development, Liberty Mutual is the place to be. I highly recommend this internship program to anyone who is motivated and driven to excel in their career.

Tell me some of the things you have recently done on excel. What are your skills?

Tell me about a time you had to management multiple projects.

What is your biggest strength? Weakness?

Challenging work, but worth it. For those who enjoy problem solving.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, significant work, the people I work with.

Had to study for an exam, work, and commute a ways to get to work.

Learn as much as you can and get as involved as you can. And have fun with the people you work with.

Advice to Management

Pretty good, corporate is corporate.

Strengths/weakness, experience, tech skills.

Great experience, excellent company, amazing time: My Internship.

Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Work was challenging, but not to the point of being unable to do it. It gave me great experience and helped me understand much more about the operation.

The only complaint might be the fact that is was a 35-40 minute trip each way, but that really does not have to do with the internship itself.

Be yourself. Sounds cheesy, but it's true. There is no need to feel like you have to say the right things or anything because people at the company are so genuinely nice. Ask questions too. The more questions you ask, the more you'll learn and the more connections you'll make.

I learn a very diverse set of skills, challanging myself every day to learn and contribute more.

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amount of training effort that went into readying me for the position. The constant sight of future opportunities. The engagement and envolvement with the entire team.

Sometimes a quiet office.

Be ready to be able to work independently, but know that there is always support if you need it. You will have the chance to gain a huge skillset and knowledge of the insurance industry no matter what department you are in.

More personal-based questions. They look for the quality of character and experiences, rather than the depth of knowledge you learn from books and classes. This shows due to the type of people that work here, most of who have absolutely no ego or issue helping someone out.

a true devleopment program, both personally and professionally

Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

ample training classes, paid time off, lots of perks: yacht ride, trip to boston, ice cream days, happy hours..., happy/busy work enviroment, so many pros

some training classes were a bit repetitive of things I've already learned in school, but overall useful.

You will be busy, get to know your coworkers and fellow interns. The non competitve intern enviroment is very nice, everyone is friends and we all hangout on the weekend.

Advice to Management

consider offering better benefits in regards to continuing education instead of higher compensation.

behavioral questions + case interview + job shadow + lunch with the department.

ex: describe a difficult problem and how you overcame it

describe a time when someone else on your team wanted to take a different course of action and how you handled the situation

Learn the business and execute what you have learned

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

teamwork, relevant projects, fun atmosphere, great use of resources, technically suplied well

trying to communicate with people in the region can sometimes be difficult with certain personalities

ask questions, come to work on time, know/write down your assignments for the day

Advice to Management

more one on one training, facetime with higher management, easier and clear guidline for overtime hours

Tell me about a time where you had to solve a complicated problem and how did you solve it/

tell me about a time where you had imperfect information and had to present it to a group?

tell me what you think your weaknesses are?

If you want to feel valued, come intern at Liberty Mutual

Harrisburg, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Compensation, work environment, and opportunity for growth. For exceptional interns that the company is interested in hiring they have an all-expense paid trip to Boston at the end of the summer.

Not enough work at times

Liberty Mutual truly is all about responsibility. If you are a dedicated and responsible person, Liberty Mutual will treat you well.

Give me an example of a time when you were put in a situation where you had to think on your feet.

What was your favorite job and why, and what was your least favorite job, and why?

Liberty cares about your career development, and shows it!

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

They care a lot about your career development, not just the work you put in

I didn't like the fact that for the internship I felt like it was more about trying to prove myself for a full time offer, and I couldn't focus on learning as much, but it paid off.

Just give it your all, and if you try hard you will be rewarded.

Career Gateway Internship!

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given a significant amount of responsibility that allowed me to gain and develop some crucial skills that are very effective in my full time position.

Nothing, this internship was more than I was expecting it to be!

If you're looking for an internship that future employers will take seriously this is the perfect opportunity for you.

Invaluable experience

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The corporate culture and the environment

Nothing comes to mind

The IT aspect of the company is great and not what I expected. Every position could be yours!

Advice to Management

More training