Liberty Mutual Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #32 Best Overall Internships

4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 580 Intern Reviews)

The best summer ever.
Cincinnati, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Liberty Mutual provided a space online called the Intern Hub that allowed us to connect to our fellow interns and see what was going on in other offices. They also coordinated events within the office such as a social, Management Q&A panel, and a recent graduates Q&A panel. I received one-on-one time with my manager every 3 weeks, and I was put on a real project where I was able to attend regular stand up meetings everyday. At the end of the summer, I was invited to Senior Forum (for senior interns only) which allowed me to obtain a better insight into the company. They were able to answer all my questions I had about the company and more!

I wish I had more work during the summer at some points in time.

Liberty Mutual respects their interns which can be clearly seen by a competitive hourly rate (as an intern), and the numerous events throughout the summer.

Great experience, excellent company, amazing time: My Internship.
Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Work was challenging, but not to the point of being unable to do it. It gave me great experience and helped me understand much more about the operation.

The only complaint might be the fact that is was a 35-40 minute trip each way, but that really does not have to do with the internship itself.

Be yourself. Sounds cheesy, but it's true. There is no need to feel like you have to say the right things or anything because people at the company are so genuinely nice. Ask questions too. The more questions you ask, the more you'll learn and the more connections you'll make.

Detail-oriented person willing to adapt to multiple situations, deadlines, and projects
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hours were excellent, but the people were really what made my internship both memorable and enjoyable

I did not prefer to scan, however this experience allowed me to meet other people outside of my department.

Treat every job, no matter how small, as if it was the biggest assignment you have been given. You may not think what you are doing is "that" important, but you are adding value to the organization. By successfully completing the small tasks, you will gain the trust of your superiors and this will allow them to entrust you will more difficult work.

Tell me about a time when you had a very "unimportant" job that you did to the best of your ability and surpassed the bar that was set for you.

Advice to Management

I think this internship program was set up very well. The only thing I would have possibly pefered is slightly higher compensation. However, the experience I gained was well worth every moment at Liberty. I hope to return at a later date.

Priceless, eye-opening, expanding, joyful way to spend a summer while learning.
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I got to work with/meet.

That it was only for 3 months. I wish I didn't have to end the internship.

Disregard the fact that this is an insurance company. They are MUCH more than that. You will not be disappointed if you choose to give Liberty Mutual Insurance a shot.

Learning Insurance 101
Manchester, NH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting great people and learning valuable information.

Sometimes it was repetitive, but that is the case anywhere.

Learn as much as you can and grow your network as much as possible.

When was a time when you had to solve a tough problem?

When was a time when you had to take control of a group?

Advice to Management

Keep everybody on the same page.

Best professional development experience of your life, and full time opportunities with best corporation in the US when you are done.
Orlando, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

the best aspect for me was getting to work in an office environment, and receiving all of the professional development experience that comes with that. also at the end of the internship, all of the high preforming interns got to fly to Boston, and while there we had a SBU dinner. for my SBU dinner, I got to eat with Jim MacPhee (current CCO at liberty) and talk about his time at Liberty, and all the different positions he has held gave me confidence in being able to move up within the corporation, and then change SBUs, which removed any remaining reasons I had to doubt joining Liberty full time next year.

fee bills! they were boring, but even that I can't really call a "con" the experience whole was AMAZING

just apply. don't be intimidated by the fact that it is an amazing fortune 100 company. I'm a 3.1 GPA UF student, and I got to intern there, you probably will too!

*this is a call center environment, and an important part of what we do is make a genuine human connection to each policy holder, can you tell me about a time you made a genuine human connection, and how that worked out?*

Advice to Management

make fee bills and expense reports paperless quicker. other than that, honestly, it was an amazing place to work, and that was because of the management. compensation, hours, and promotions are why I am going to take a position there next year.

Best Summer Ever

- Company culture

- Colleagues/Teammates

- Manager

- Intern group

- Debriefs

- Presentation

- Redundant trainings sometimes

If you like work life balance and career development, Liberty Mutual is the perfect place for you.

List 5 things you would consider when evaluating a homeowner insurance contract.

Fast passed work environment with enormous opportunity to grow yourself but more importantly your career.
Allentown, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of this internship would be without a doubt the one on one interaction between my branch manager and the ESR in my office. The dynamic ability to have such close relationships with both of these individuals has been paramount to my abilities to ask questions, learn the company, the industry, and everything that comes with a position such as this.

My only displeasure with this internship which is very trivial to start is that up until recently I was the only individual in relation to my age here in the office. While this was a down fall in some regards it was also a perk in the sense that I had enormous amounts of knowledge from vetted reps in the office.

At first I didn’t know anything about insurance, other than that everyone had it and everyone needed it. So if you want to be the guy or the girl who has that knowledge this is definitely the job for you. There is a lot of learning and hours that need to be put in, however the payout thus far has been extremely rewarding and there is much more to come!

There was an exorbitant amount of questions asked during the interview process. All of which were very off beat than that of what I expected. I would recommend having a story, or something you learned, or something you failed at, or lastly something you did above average for every aspect of your resume.

Advice to Management

At a point of an internship such as I am in, it would be interesting to entertain the idea of compensation on some level for policy’s that got bound or sold by the intern.

Career Gateway Internship!
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given a significant amount of responsibility that allowed me to gain and develop some crucial skills that are very effective in my full time position.

Nothing, this internship was more than I was expecting it to be!

If you're looking for an internship that future employers will take seriously this is the perfect opportunity for you.

Invaluable experience
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The corporate culture and the environment

Nothing comes to mind

The IT aspect of the company is great and not what I expected. Every position could be yours!

Advice to Management

More training

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)