Intern at Liberty Mutual Internship Program? Submit a Review

Detail-oriented person willing to adapt to multiple situations, deadlines, and projects

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hours were excellent, but the people were really what made my internship both memorable and enjoyable

I did not prefer to scan, however this experience allowed me to meet other people outside of my department.

Treat every job, no matter how small, as if it was the biggest assignment you have been given. You may not think what you are doing is "that" important, but you are adding value to the organization. By successfully completing the small tasks, you will gain the trust of your superiors and this will allow them to entrust you will more difficult work.

Tell me about a time when you had a very "unimportant" job that you did to the best of your ability and surpassed the bar that was set for you.

Advice to Management

I think this internship program was set up very well. The only thing I would have possibly pefered is slightly higher compensation. However, the experience I gained was well worth every moment at Liberty. I hope to return at a later date.

Priceless, eye-opening, expanding, joyful way to spend a summer while learning.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I got to work with/meet.

That it was only for 3 months. I wish I didn't have to end the internship.

Disregard the fact that this is an insurance company. They are MUCH more than that. You will not be disappointed if you choose to give Liberty Mutual Insurance a shot.

If you want to feel valued, come intern at Liberty Mutual

Harrisburg, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Compensation, work environment, and opportunity for growth. For exceptional interns that the company is interested in hiring they have an all-expense paid trip to Boston at the end of the summer.

Not enough work at times

Liberty Mutual truly is all about responsibility. If you are a dedicated and responsible person, Liberty Mutual will treat you well.

Give me an example of a time when you were put in a situation where you had to think on your feet.

What was your favorite job and why, and what was your least favorite job, and why?

Liberty Mutual: Great Pay, Amazing Opportunities.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

A few best aspects of my internship included great compensation, an open work schedule (you can come in anytime between 7-9, and leave between 3-5), being treated the same as a full time associate, and a meaningful internship experience where I made great networking opportunities and actually learned transferable skills.

I did not enjoy working in the Claims department, as most of the job concerns calling claimants and medical professionals.

Liberty is a fantastic place to work once you get your foot in the door, I did not enjoy my actual position but feel that the company itself is incredibe. I look forward to transfering to a different department next year, and am very excited for the future opportunities my manager and operations manager have advised me on. You could not ask for a better place to work, people care about you, you are paid well, and you can come and go whenever as long as you get your work done. The workload itself was definitely managable, with strict company guidelines of working no more than 37.5 hours a week. Liberty cares greatly about its interns

-Tell us about a time you had to give hard news to another individual. What did you say and how did they handle it?

-What is your biggest weakness?

Advice to Management

The only advice I could give Liberty is to expand on the training program. I was given many opportunities to work on complex claims and make complex decisions, although I was only supposed to work on 'simple' claims. I really enjoyed this, because I was able to go above and beyond my role, although I had to learn a lot of stuff outside of my training class. I would advise a split training program that covers simple actions and procedures such as ICP's amd EDM's for one week, a one week introductory break to get to know one's team and mentor, then a second week of training for claim approvals and handling complex icps.

Valuable, Meaningful Work for Interns at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to be in the corporate office and network with higher-ups was my favorite part of my internship. More opportunities come when someone can just walk down the hall and ask you to help them with something versus emailing someone in another office whom they've never met.

I didn't make as many friends as I'd have liked in an office with 100+ interns.. there is intern programming, but they haven't really figured out the best way to do it yet. I found out in the last week or so that there were some really nice girls that worked the floor below me all summer!

If you want to show up to work at whatever time each day wearing whatever you'd like, this job isn't for you. It's a structured, formal, full-time job. Being an intern at LMI is no different than if you were a real full-time employee.. you just happen to have an end date! What's good about that is that by the end of your internship, you know EXACTLY what it would be like to be a full team member because you've been fully immersed in the company the whole duriation of your internship. In other words, the only coffee you'll be running to get is for yourself!

Learning Insurance 101

Manchester, NH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting great people and learning valuable information.

Sometimes it was repetitive, but that is the case anywhere.

Learn as much as you can and grow your network as much as possible.

When was a time when you had to solve a tough problem?

When was a time when you had to take control of a group?

Advice to Management

Keep everybody on the same page.

A learning and supportive environment.

The trainings

I wished that the executive sessions were better.

It is a very supportive environment that helps employees move around the company to where they feel best.

Career Gateway Internship!

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given a significant amount of responsibility that allowed me to gain and develop some crucial skills that are very effective in my full time position.

Nothing, this internship was more than I was expecting it to be!

If you're looking for an internship that future employers will take seriously this is the perfect opportunity for you.

Liberty cares about your career development, and shows it!

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

They care a lot about your career development, not just the work you put in

I didn't like the fact that for the internship I felt like it was more about trying to prove myself for a full time offer, and I couldn't focus on learning as much, but it paid off.

Just give it your all, and if you try hard you will be rewarded.

10 week clip of being an Actuary

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with my team doing real life work that mattered for the company.

I sometimes felt like the managers were not really aware of the intern responsibilities outside of the team.

Make sure you get involved sooner rather than later. Don't wait until the last week or month to do job shadows and talk with senior management.