Intern at Liberty Mutual Internship Program? Submit a Review

Detail-oriented person willing to adapt to multiple situations, deadlines, and projects

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hours were excellent, but the people were really what made my internship both memorable and enjoyable

I did not prefer to scan, however this experience allowed me to meet other people outside of my department.

Treat every job, no matter how small, as if it was the biggest assignment you have been given. You may not think what you are doing is "that" important, but you are adding value to the organization. By successfully completing the small tasks, you will gain the trust of your superiors and this will allow them to entrust you will more difficult work.

Tell me about a time when you had a very "unimportant" job that you did to the best of your ability and surpassed the bar that was set for you.

Advice to Management

I think this internship program was set up very well. The only thing I would have possibly pefered is slightly higher compensation. However, the experience I gained was well worth every moment at Liberty. I hope to return at a later date.

The best summer ever.

Cincinnati, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Liberty Mutual provided a space online called the Intern Hub that allowed us to connect to our fellow interns and see what was going on in other offices. They also coordinated events within the office such as a social, Management Q&A panel, and a recent graduates Q&A panel. I received one-on-one time with my manager every 3 weeks, and I was put on a real project where I was able to attend regular stand up meetings everyday. At the end of the summer, I was invited to Senior Forum (for senior interns only) which allowed me to obtain a better insight into the company. They were able to answer all my questions I had about the company and more!

I wish I had more work during the summer at some points in time.

Liberty Mutual respects their interns which can be clearly seen by a competitive hourly rate (as an intern), and the numerous events throughout the summer.

Best professional development experience of your life, and full time opportunities with best corporation in the US when you are done.

Orlando, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

the best aspect for me was getting to work in an office environment, and receiving all of the professional development experience that comes with that. also at the end of the internship, all of the high preforming interns got to fly to Boston, and while there we had a SBU dinner. for my SBU dinner, I got to eat with Jim MacPhee (current CCO at liberty) and talk about his time at Liberty, and all the different positions he has held gave me confidence in being able to move up within the corporation, and then change SBUs, which removed any remaining reasons I had to doubt joining Liberty full time next year.

fee bills! they were boring, but even that I can't really call a "con" the experience whole was AMAZING

just apply. don't be intimidated by the fact that it is an amazing fortune 100 company. I'm a 3.1 GPA UF student, and I got to intern there, you probably will too!

*this is a call center environment, and an important part of what we do is make a genuine human connection to each policy holder, can you tell me about a time you made a genuine human connection, and how that worked out?*

Advice to Management

make fee bills and expense reports paperless quicker. other than that, honestly, it was an amazing place to work, and that was because of the management. compensation, hours, and promotions are why I am going to take a position there next year.

Learning Insurance 101

Manchester, NH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting great people and learning valuable information.

Sometimes it was repetitive, but that is the case anywhere.

Learn as much as you can and grow your network as much as possible.

When was a time when you had to solve a tough problem?

When was a time when you had to take control of a group?

Advice to Management

Keep everybody on the same page.

Great work experience with unbelievable potential of career development

Toledo, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

office culture

nothing, everything is great. Challenging but great things in life are challenging

Take advenatge of all the opportunities they provide

What would you bring to Liberty Mutual

Advice to Management

No complaints, an amzing internship

Liberty Mutual: Great Pay, Amazing Opportunities.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

A few best aspects of my internship included great compensation, an open work schedule (you can come in anytime between 7-9, and leave between 3-5), being treated the same as a full time associate, and a meaningful internship experience where I made great networking opportunities and actually learned transferable skills.

I did not enjoy working in the Claims department, as most of the job concerns calling claimants and medical professionals.

Liberty is a fantastic place to work once you get your foot in the door, I did not enjoy my actual position but feel that the company itself is incredibe. I look forward to transfering to a different department next year, and am very excited for the future opportunities my manager and operations manager have advised me on. You could not ask for a better place to work, people care about you, you are paid well, and you can come and go whenever as long as you get your work done. The workload itself was definitely managable, with strict company guidelines of working no more than 37.5 hours a week. Liberty cares greatly about its interns

-Tell us about a time you had to give hard news to another individual. What did you say and how did they handle it?

-What is your biggest weakness?

Advice to Management

The only advice I could give Liberty is to expand on the training program. I was given many opportunities to work on complex claims and make complex decisions, although I was only supposed to work on 'simple' claims. I really enjoyed this, because I was able to go above and beyond my role, although I had to learn a lot of stuff outside of my training class. I would advise a split training program that covers simple actions and procedures such as ICP's amd EDM's for one week, a one week introductory break to get to know one's team and mentor, then a second week of training for claim approvals and handling complex icps.

The perfect transition to full time work

The experience

Some of the people were very technical

Great place to work

If you want to feel valued, come intern at Liberty Mutual

Harrisburg, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Compensation, work environment, and opportunity for growth. For exceptional interns that the company is interested in hiring they have an all-expense paid trip to Boston at the end of the summer.

Not enough work at times

Liberty Mutual truly is all about responsibility. If you are a dedicated and responsible person, Liberty Mutual will treat you well.

Give me an example of a time when you were put in a situation where you had to think on your feet.

What was your favorite job and why, and what was your least favorite job, and why?

Career Gateway Internship!

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given a significant amount of responsibility that allowed me to gain and develop some crucial skills that are very effective in my full time position.

Nothing, this internship was more than I was expecting it to be!

If you're looking for an internship that future employers will take seriously this is the perfect opportunity for you.

A learning and supportive environment.

The trainings

I wished that the executive sessions were better.

It is a very supportive environment that helps employees move around the company to where they feel best.