Liberty Mutual Internship Program

Intern at Liberty Mutual Internship Program? Log in to Submit a Review

Terrific learning opportunity
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Terrific learning opportunity, interesting project, great coworkers, fun city

Nothing. No complaints.

Growing and financially stable company. Great work/life balance.

Great Job Great People
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture and group I work with are the best part.

Having to drive out of the city to get here.

Use a coop instead of just an internship. You get a lot more out of it.

I had the time of my life.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

My colleagues were all so helpfful and made me feel really welcome. I knew I could go to them with any questions I had.

Sometimes I wanted to stay late and complete my work, but they limit interns to 37.5 hours per week.

It's not a boring old insurance company like many people think. I was in the Boston office with almost 200 other interns. They planned a ton of social and educational activiites for us and I was given really challenging work.

I Didn't Think I'd End Up in IT But Here I Am (And I Enjoy It!)
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I got SO MUCH experience doing things I'd never done in a classroom--I've been a student for pretty much my entire life so I would have had absolutely no idea how to function outside of a classroom setting if I hadn't had this opportunity

I really liked the employees in my office, but I didn't have much in common with most of the other interns that I interacted with the most.

They're really good to their interns, and all of the employees that I met loved trying to help the interns out. They were all super friendly and easy to talk to, so I felt really comfortable going in there as an intern.

Advice to Management

I don't know--I haven't had much experience working for another company, so I don't have much to compare this to.

Great opportunities, great people, great pay.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting such friendly people, doing real work when it was given, and meeting other interns

Due to the realignment, there was a lack of direction during the summer but things are great now.

So much flexibility to move around, endless opportunities. You can find somewhere you enjoy here and it's a great place to start your career.

Supportive and rewarding summer experience with a company that values you as an employee not just an intern.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The hours, supportive environment, and mentorship

Sometimes the work got monotonous

Don't be shy about asking questions!

During my internship I was able to learn a lot about the industry and develop professionally while contributing valuable work.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to do valuable projects that had an impact on the departments I worked with.

My supervisor had a huge focus on the hiearchy of managers which made me feel uncomfortable. The managers themselves were much more down to earth.

It's an excellent company if you're trying to develop in your career. Your recieve your own development plan at the beginning of the internship and your supervisor helps your focus on those objectives throughout the entire experience.

Advice to Management

Having better training for learning excel would be helpful.

A beneficial opportunity to learn important aspects of the business world through communication with clients and the start of a career.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning to communicate with clients and feel comfortable speaking with others. Shadowing onsite and networking events. The education materials were effective. Building relationships with the majority of people in both of my offices. Attending leadership conference in Boston. Overall job experience.

Commuting from my home to work.

Ask questions. Have confidence when dealing with clients.

Marketing and Sales Intern
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

the guidance from the people I work with

somewhat repetitive at times

Be sure to shadow sales representatives

Advice to Management

there is nothing i would improve

Opportunity of a Lifetime
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

There are so many great internships and companies out there but my manager really made mine the amazing experience it was. She pushed me out of my comfort zone, gave me the trust and support I needed, and really helped me excel in my sales role. I was given real tasks/projects that helped me grow as well as the company. I was not treated as the stereotypical "intern" but rather an important part of the company. My manager not only told me that she knew I could handle anything but made me prove it to myself.

The part I liked lease about my internship is I have to wait all the way till May, when I graduate, to be fill-time and start my sales rep training!

Not only is Liberty Mutual an amazing company to work for (top 100) but the organization as a whole believes in continued growth of its employees and promoting from within. The benefits are wonderful and they even pay for you to get your insurance license.

Advice to Management

I can think of anything that I saw needed improvement.