Liberty Mutual Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #32 Best Overall Internships

4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 580 Intern Reviews)

Career Gateway Internship!
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given a significant amount of responsibility that allowed me to gain and develop some crucial skills that are very effective in my full time position.

Nothing, this internship was more than I was expecting it to be!

If you're looking for an internship that future employers will take seriously this is the perfect opportunity for you.

Diversified Internship
Phoenix, AZ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The variable hours, interns were allowed to choose their hours.

It was semi constant

Liberty Mutual is not only willing, but plans on investing a lot into their employees.

Liberty Cares
Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting first hand experience on how a large company functions.

inconsistency of work/ things to do.

Come in with an open mind and try to focus on gaining an understanding of if you want to work at the company or not. Try to explore different departments because the experience of your internship is highly dependent on your mentors and managers.

Great experience, excellent company, amazing time: My Internship.
Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Work was challenging, but not to the point of being unable to do it. It gave me great experience and helped me understand much more about the operation.

The only complaint might be the fact that is was a 35-40 minute trip each way, but that really does not have to do with the internship itself.

Be yourself. Sounds cheesy, but it's true. There is no need to feel like you have to say the right things or anything because people at the company are so genuinely nice. Ask questions too. The more questions you ask, the more you'll learn and the more connections you'll make.

Great work experience with unbelievable potential of career development
Toledo, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

office culture

nothing, everything is great. Challenging but great things in life are challenging

Take advenatge of all the opportunities they provide

What would you bring to Liberty Mutual

Advice to Management

No complaints, an amzing internship

The perfect transition to full time work

The experience

Some of the people were very technical

Great place to work

Detail-oriented person willing to adapt to multiple situations, deadlines, and projects
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hours were excellent, but the people were really what made my internship both memorable and enjoyable

I did not prefer to scan, however this experience allowed me to meet other people outside of my department.

Treat every job, no matter how small, as if it was the biggest assignment you have been given. You may not think what you are doing is "that" important, but you are adding value to the organization. By successfully completing the small tasks, you will gain the trust of your superiors and this will allow them to entrust you will more difficult work.

Tell me about a time when you had a very "unimportant" job that you did to the best of your ability and surpassed the bar that was set for you.

Advice to Management

I think this internship program was set up very well. The only thing I would have possibly pefered is slightly higher compensation. However, the experience I gained was well worth every moment at Liberty. I hope to return at a later date.

Priceless, eye-opening, expanding, joyful way to spend a summer while learning.
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I got to work with/meet.

That it was only for 3 months. I wish I didn't have to end the internship.

Disregard the fact that this is an insurance company. They are MUCH more than that. You will not be disappointed if you choose to give Liberty Mutual Insurance a shot.

Valuable, Meaningful Work for Interns at Liberty Mutual Insurance
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to be in the corporate office and network with higher-ups was my favorite part of my internship. More opportunities come when someone can just walk down the hall and ask you to help them with something versus emailing someone in another office whom they've never met.

I didn't make as many friends as I'd have liked in an office with 100+ interns.. there is intern programming, but they haven't really figured out the best way to do it yet. I found out in the last week or so that there were some really nice girls that worked the floor below me all summer!

If you want to show up to work at whatever time each day wearing whatever you'd like, this job isn't for you. It's a structured, formal, full-time job. Being an intern at LMI is no different than if you were a real full-time employee.. you just happen to have an end date! What's good about that is that by the end of your internship, you know EXACTLY what it would be like to be a full team member because you've been fully immersed in the company the whole duriation of your internship. In other words, the only coffee you'll be running to get is for yourself!

I loved my Liberty Mutual Internship so much that I don't want it to end until I become a full time employee!
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of my internship was the level of experience I gained. I was given tasks that employees with over 5 years of experience were doing. i was given freedom to execute them but also had a support system to aid me with any questions or issues that I faced. Looking back on my internship, I can truly say that I owned and executed campaigns, tasks, and jobs at a high level.

Honestly, there wasn't anything that I didn't like. The aspect I liked the least was the lack of more organized social interaction for all of the interns. There were some opportunities, especially in the three day conference for rising seniors, but I would have liked to have built my peer to peer network more since I was the only intern in my department. Some departments had 20-40 interns. I would have appreciated getting to know more people who may be my coworkers here one day.

Liberty Mutual is a wonderful company to work for. Their corporate culture and values only highlight the moral integrity of this company. Coworkers are supportive, friendly, and on the younger side. As an intern at this company, you will get serious hands-on experience. if you want an internship where you fetch coffee and do administrative tasks that employees don't want to do, don't come to Liberty Mutual. If you want to reflect on your internship and be able to proudly say you accomplished a lot of tasks on a high level where you effort is respected and valued all while furthering your professional career development, Liberty Mutual is the place to be. I highly recommend this internship program to anyone who is motivated and driven to excel in their career.

Tell me some of the things you have recently done on excel. What are your skills?

Tell me about a time you had to management multiple projects.

What is your biggest strength? Weakness?