Intern at Liberty Mutual Internship Program? Submit a Review

Learning Insurance 101

Manchester, NH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting great people and learning valuable information.

Sometimes it was repetitive, but that is the case anywhere.

Learn as much as you can and grow your network as much as possible.

When was a time when you had to solve a tough problem?

When was a time when you had to take control of a group?

Advice to Management

Keep everybody on the same page.

Making Career Decisions and Lifelong Friends

Austin, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The flex schedule since I am in school too.

I least liked the traffic getting there. Overall I loved my internship.

Great employee benefits, welcoming work environment, helpful staff, teamwork is important here, and the diverse group of careers within one organization.

Advice to Management

A learning and supportive environment.

The trainings

I wished that the executive sessions were better.

It is a very supportive environment that helps employees move around the company to where they feel best.

Liberty cares about your career development, and shows it!

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

They care a lot about your career development, not just the work you put in

I didn't like the fact that for the internship I felt like it was more about trying to prove myself for a full time offer, and I couldn't focus on learning as much, but it paid off.

Just give it your all, and if you try hard you will be rewarded.

Learn the business and execute what you have learned

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

teamwork, relevant projects, fun atmosphere, great use of resources, technically suplied well

trying to communicate with people in the region can sometimes be difficult with certain personalities

ask questions, come to work on time, know/write down your assignments for the day

Tell me about a time where you had to solve a complicated problem and how did you solve it/

tell me about a time where you had imperfect information and had to present it to a group?

tell me what you think your weaknesses are?

Advice to Management

more one on one training, facetime with higher management, easier and clear guidline for overtime hours

Great experience, excellent company, amazing time: My Internship.

Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Work was challenging, but not to the point of being unable to do it. It gave me great experience and helped me understand much more about the operation.

The only complaint might be the fact that is was a 35-40 minute trip each way, but that really does not have to do with the internship itself.

Be yourself. Sounds cheesy, but it's true. There is no need to feel like you have to say the right things or anything because people at the company are so genuinely nice. Ask questions too. The more questions you ask, the more you'll learn and the more connections you'll make.

A summer of fun, learning and real work experience.

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to do "real" work and being able to work and collaborate with so many people around the company.

There was nothing I disliked about the internship.

Although Liberty Mutual might be an insurance company, there's a place for everyone. No matter what your background or education is, there's a place where everyone can grow, learn and make a real impact within the company.

Liberty Mutual: Great Pay, Amazing Opportunities.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

A few best aspects of my internship included great compensation, an open work schedule (you can come in anytime between 7-9, and leave between 3-5), being treated the same as a full time associate, and a meaningful internship experience where I made great networking opportunities and actually learned transferable skills.

I did not enjoy working in the Claims department, as most of the job concerns calling claimants and medical professionals.

Liberty is a fantastic place to work once you get your foot in the door, I did not enjoy my actual position but feel that the company itself is incredibe. I look forward to transfering to a different department next year, and am very excited for the future opportunities my manager and operations manager have advised me on. You could not ask for a better place to work, people care about you, you are paid well, and you can come and go whenever as long as you get your work done. The workload itself was definitely managable, with strict company guidelines of working no more than 37.5 hours a week. Liberty cares greatly about its interns

-Tell us about a time you had to give hard news to another individual. What did you say and how did they handle it?

-What is your biggest weakness?

Advice to Management

The only advice I could give Liberty is to expand on the training program. I was given many opportunities to work on complex claims and make complex decisions, although I was only supposed to work on 'simple' claims. I really enjoyed this, because I was able to go above and beyond my role, although I had to learn a lot of stuff outside of my training class. I would advise a split training program that covers simple actions and procedures such as ICP's amd EDM's for one week, a one week introductory break to get to know one's team and mentor, then a second week of training for claim approvals and handling complex icps.

The best summer ever.

Cincinnati, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Liberty Mutual provided a space online called the Intern Hub that allowed us to connect to our fellow interns and see what was going on in other offices. They also coordinated events within the office such as a social, Management Q&A panel, and a recent graduates Q&A panel. I received one-on-one time with my manager every 3 weeks, and I was put on a real project where I was able to attend regular stand up meetings everyday. At the end of the summer, I was invited to Senior Forum (for senior interns only) which allowed me to obtain a better insight into the company. They were able to answer all my questions I had about the company and more!

I wish I had more work during the summer at some points in time.

Liberty Mutual respects their interns which can be clearly seen by a competitive hourly rate (as an intern), and the numerous events throughout the summer.

Great work experience with unbelievable potential of career development

Toledo, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

office culture

nothing, everything is great. Challenging but great things in life are challenging

Take advenatge of all the opportunities they provide

What would you bring to Liberty Mutual

Advice to Management

No complaints, an amzing internship